JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. My Heart, Christ's Home

• 4 months later...

I was a Roman Catholic, hence I was very familiar with the mystic style stories.  I no longer need the kind of imaginary spiritual writing since I read the Holy Bible and try my best to walk with God.

The book of Bob Munger may help and please many people, but not me in particular.

How come someone believing in Christ and the teaching of the Bible could write the following statement: “’As for the pictures on the walls, you will have difficulty controlling these images, but I have something that will help’. He gave me a full-size portrait of Himself. ‘Hang this centrally,’ He said, ‘on the wall of the mind.’

Christ and the Father are one, he cannot contradict his Father’s commandment:

Exo 20:4  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Christ, himself, has said:

Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

There is a good reason for the Holy Bible not giving any descriptive details of Christ and his disciples.  The Holy Scripture also does not record Christ’s date of birth and his deceased date.  That is a trap for the false prophets and false teachers to fall in.

I don’t believe in any sanctification process that has been taught by theologians of the Roman Catholic Church and her numerous daughters, Protestant denominations and non-denominations.

Anyone who wants to walk with the Most High should live by His commandments and His laws.  God’s Holy Spirit will guide him/her and His grace will keep them safe as He has protected and helped Joshua and the Israelite army to conquer the Promise Land.

Today, the Roman Catholic Church and her numerous daughters are joining together in the ecumenical movement for creating the One World Religion with all other pagan religions.  Thus they will fulfill the prophecies of the book of Revelation:

Rev 2:14  But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Rev 2:20  Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Rev 2:21  And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

Rev 9:21  Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Rev 14:8  And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Rev 17:2  With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

Rev 17:4  And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 18:3  For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Rev 18:9  And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Rev 19:2  For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

Christ is calling the people who are sincerely and faithfully following him and worship his Father:

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Rev 18:5  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

A sincere repentance and a life abiding in God’s commandments and His laws will set free anyone who believes in the Son of God, who has offered himself as a sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin, and has been resurrected to new life to give hope to those who trust in his promise of salvation.

Psa 119:142  Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.

Dan 9:13  As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

Mal 2:6  The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

Joh 1:17  For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Bob Munger explain the process of surrender to Christ by first welcoming him in the front door of our house. Then in various rooms such as our mind, desires and intimate fellowship with Him.This clean-up requires continued surrender and cleansing by the Holy Spirit so that it is a fit place for Christ to dwell fully. When we are sanctified the ugly things in our lives are washed away by Jesus blood. Our lives change more and more to reflect Christian.

We need to surrender to God each room in our house.  Ask if Christ is welcome in each room.

He helps us to repent and to totally surrender to God allowing the Holy Spirit to do His cleansing in our lives.

We are changed to be more like Him!!  Gives us more power to serve Him!!

Q4 (Joshua lesson 6) How does Bob Munger's "My heart Christ's home" explain the process of surrender?

I liked his explanation of opening our heart to Jesus, then gradually inviting Him into all of the "rooms" of our life. Another book which helped me early on was Patterson's "Why is it taking me so long to get better?" He uses the example of during wartime, Marines  landing on the shore of an enemy held Island radio back to the ship "The island is secure"...(I'm from a Marine family!) In truth, they held nothing more than a tiny beach head, but were confident they would gradually defeat the enemy and take the entire Island. The Holy Spirit establishes a "beach head" when we are born again, and the slow battle to take enemy held territory begins. It's a life long process, and comforting to remember that our Father is patient, persistent, takes into account our personality as He leads us into a deeper and deeper relationship with Him. How I thank and praise Him for His love and GRACE!

What happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God?

The Holy Spirit helps us to grow as He.leads us to renew our minds in His Word so we think His thoughts instead of our old thought patterns. As we grow in grace and become more and more aware of how much we are loved, the ugly things lose their appeal. He creates His desires in us. He leads us into all truth, and the lies we were told and believed lose their power and place. He writes His love letter to others on our hearts of flesh. He keeps cleansing and delivering and moving us forward...until "at that day we will be like Him" and will see Him face to face! (Our "Island or house" now completely His, completely "Secured" )

What is the effect on us?

We live for Him. We desire to serve Him. We walk in the light with Him, no longer skulking around in guilt and shame. Because He heals wounds and pours His love into our hearts, we like beggars who have found bread, can't wait to tell others where to find this bread ..   The precious Bread of Life.

Q4. How does Bob Munger’s “My Heart, Christ’s Home” explain the process of surrender to Christ. When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? What is the effect on us?

Munger likens the Christian life to Jesus coming into our house.  In the process of sanctification, we initially give him the master key, but then he begins to go room by room cleaning and pointing out things that we need to change.  He seeks to transform our house by making it His home where he dwells within us as our Savior and our Lord.  He rids us of the ugliness and transforms it into something pure, holy and glorious.

Q4. How does Bob Munger's "My Heart, Christ's Home" explain the process of surrender to Christ. When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? What is the effect on us?

Our hearts are like a home where Christ should enter and take possession of all  the rooms, palour, kitchen- all. We should allow Christ to occupy every part of our hearts.

As He enters our hearts, we should surrender all to Him let go all the ugly things that were there before by His power. We then become wholesome.

How does Bob Munger’s “My Heart, Christ’s Home” explain the process of surrender to Christ. When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? What is the effect on us?

Munger explains the process of surrender to Christ by 1) us welcoming him in the front door of our 'house'  2) allowing Christ to enter various rooms of our house  3) then housekeeping.  The ugly things in our life will be cleansed by the Holy Spirit.  The effect on us will be a changed life to reflect Christ.

Bob Munger explains how surrendering to Jesus Christ and letting him through the power of the Holy Spirit transform our house in to the eternal home that God has intended for us. The foundation is built on God's word and the rest is by His workmanship in us. It is when we follow His blueprint that we begin a lifelong remodeling project that God is in control of and he wants us to share this house for His Glory and not a trophy of anything we did on our own.

1. We have to open our hearts to God and let Him into our lives so that he can show us what needs to be changed.  He is the only one who knows where we have come short of His glory and only He can fix it. 

2. When we surrender all the things we did that displeased God, He shows us His mercy as we are forgiven our sins through repentance and confession.

3. We become more spiritual as we confess and repent our sins and really begin to live for Christ.  We live by His commandments.

On 6/10/2016 at 1:00 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. How does Bob Munger’s “My Heart, Christ’s Home” explain the process of surrender to Christ. When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? What is the effect on us?

Bob Munger’s “My Heart, Christ’s Home” explain the process of surrender to Christ, as we surrender totally our lives to Him allowing Him to enter and wash us clean.

When we surrender to Christ, the ugly things in our lives that displease God, we have no desire to do them.  Instead we want to please God in everything that we do.

The effect on us is a continuous consciousness of living holy.

On 6/10/2016 at 4:00 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Bob Munger compares Christ entering the rooms of our home. at first the entrance then each individual room. when we surrender to Christ he cleans up our mess. the ugly things fade away.

As Mr. Bob Munger's book My heart Christ's home, I too feel that we should surrender ourselves to Lords will completely so as to permit him to do His will in our lives. For this as quoted every room of our house  is sanctified, we also sanctify our complete body and spirit and submit ourselves to him as said in

Romans 12:1

zI appeal to you therefore, brothers,1 by the mercies of God, ato present your bodies bas a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.2 cDo not be conformed to this world,3but be transformed by dthe renewal of your mind, that by testing you may ediscern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Our ugly things in life must be surrendered, and said in 2 cor 7:1 to bring holiness completion in lies.Earlier we were slaves to our weaknesses and sins of the world and made Satan as our master now because you are cleansed by Christ submit yourselves to Christ and make him your Master. Romans 6:19 says  

I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For tjust as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members uas slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.

The effect on us is according to Titus 2:14   " who gave himself for us to sredeem us from all lawlessness and tto purify for himself ta people for his own possession who are uzealous for good works "  we have to change to become pure like Him to stay with Him eternally.

Q4. 
How does Bob Munger's "My Heart, Christ's Home" explain the process of surrender to Christ?
When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? 
What is the effect on us?

By surrendering our will to His.
Our Lord then becomes a permanent resident in our hearts. 
He feels at home there and enjoys unbroken fellowship with us.
We no longer displease Jesus with our sinful thoughts, words, motives, and deeds.
The heart is actually the center of our spiritual life, and it controls the way we behave.
We find that we acknowledge Him more and more in all the things we do.
The effect on us is that we have become a new creation (2 Cor 5:17).
We put away all known sin in our lives, and yield ourselves completely to His control.
This involves the surrender of our will, our intellect, our body, our time, our talents, and our possessions.
There will be an emptying of self, to be filled with Him.  

Q4. How does Bob Munger's "My Heart, Christ's Home" explain the process of surrender to Christ. When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? What is the effect on us?

1.We must believe in our hearts and say with meaning: "Lord, I want

this heart of mine to be Yours. I want to have You settle down here and be perfectly at home. Everything I have belongs to You. Let God help us keep our heart what it ought to be and our life where it ought to be?" 

2. They must be removed and replaced with good doings. We must fill our hearts with scriptures and meditate on them day and night.

3. If they are not removed, we will not be able to go back with him.

I enjoy every message of encouragement to help me be obedient to God.

Edited by Debra Grant
I forgot a word and enjoyed the readings.

On 6/10/2016 at 3:00 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Bob Menger's "My heart, Christ home" explains the process of surrender to Christ. He explains his experience of coming to Christ and allowing Christ to see the different rooms of his heart and the things in them that displease the Lord.

When we allow Christ to see the ugly things in our lives and that they offend the Lord, we throw out, for we do not want to offend him but please him. We want to live our lives according to his will.

This effect we have when we allow Christ to see our inner lives and that we are not living the holy life he wants us to live, we repent and change our mind, morals and character  so we can worthy of his life. This may take a life time to accomplish, called sanctification. One day we will as he is, filled with his love and by his grace we will live eternally with him.      

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. How does Bob Munger's "My Heart, Christ's Home" explain the process of surrender to Christ. When we surrender to Christ, what happens to the ugly things in our lives that displease God? What is the effect on us?

With God’s help, Israel won the battle against five Amorite armies. Such a triumph was part of God’s daily business as he worked with his people for victory. Joshua told his men never to be afraid because God would give them similar victories over all their enemies. God has often protected us and won victories for us. The same God who empowered Joshua and who has led us in the past will help us with our present and future needs. Reminding ourselves of his help in the past will give us hope for the struggles that lie ahead.

When we surrender our life to Him, He will take care of us. All the had things disapper and we clothe our selfves in Him

Q1. (Numbers 14:24; Joshua 14:8) What does it mean to follow the Lord "wholly" or "wholeheartedly"? How did Caleb and Joshua differ from the other spies? How does fear in leaders keep God's people from doing his will? Why was God angry with Israel for their unwillingness to enter the Promised Land?

When Caleb received his inheritance in the Promised Land. Caleb followed God with all his heart and was rewarded for his obedience. We are to be wholehearted in our commitment in obeying God?

Caleb was faithful from the start. As one of the original scouts sent into the Promised Land , he saw great cities and giants, yet he knew God would help the people conquer the land. Because of his faith, God promised him a personal inheritance of land . Years later, the land was given to him. His faith was still unwavering. Although his inherited land still had giants, Caleb knew the Lord would help him conquer them. Like Caleb, we must be faithful to God, not only at the start of our walk with him, but throughout our entire life. We must never allow ourselves to rest on our past accomplishments or reputation

The process of surrender (sanctification) is gradual but continually growing as we first invite Jesus into our homes. As He is there we begin to see how unclean our lives are room by room.  Our minds, our appetites and desires, our time we actually spend with the Lord in fellowship, our work our recreation and even our hidden places are not fit for His presence..  As we gradually try to clean up our lives, we see how daunting it can be until we let Jesus to clean it up for us...knowing that He wants to.  We hand over the deed of our homes to Him and now we can live with our friend in peace.

As our lives become clean, and managed by the Lord, we can now live openly and closely with him...doing his will where peace can now settle into our souls.

• 5 years later...

Unfortunately I have not been able to get a copy of this booklet.

From what I understand it explains sanctification. Letting Christ take over our lives. Habits might take longer to conquer and that I can understand to be because of not having handed over the control of that area to Christ.  Once we surrender that area we become changed, it no longer controls us, or better put it is no longer a part of our life.