JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Nudges and Insights

Pastor Ralph

On 11/28/2017 at 1:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Acts 5:1-11; 8:23; 14:8-10) Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them? Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help? What did you learn from this?

a.) God gives you nudges like seeing the situation of your neighbors and know the need the Lord. But if they are sick they may be open for prayer. You can ask God for a word for them, that heir hearts would be open, that you can plant a seed and keep praying for them.

b.) Yes, Last summer I was at my computer with the window open and heard a neighbor  (probably in her 90's) on her porch coughing continuously. I felt the nudge to go out and help. I went out with a bottle of water, she was sitting there with her husband and said no to the water, and that she was ok.  One week later I looked out my window and this couple who could hardly walk or even get up the step coming to my door.I ran out to see what they wanted and she had made some crepes for me and wanted me to have them for trying to come to her aide.

c.) God is gracious and you can't out give God!

• 3 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 12:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Acts 5:1-11; 8:23; 14:8-10) Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them? Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help? What did you learn from this?

Mostly protection because I’ve been persecuted for my faith.  I used to care but if they’re going to hate me anyway, oh well.  Jesus Christ told His apostles that the world hated Him before it hated you.  God nudges me to be weary of people, and also brings the right people into my life, He knows what He is doing!!  I’ve tried to help those that needed Christ, but they lacked the faith and weren’t sorry for turning their back on him.  Now I don’t see them anymore.  Thanks be to God!!  I’ve learned not to judge people because of outward appearances but look into their soul and see if you see light or darkness if it’s dark it’s better to stay away from them unless you can convert them to God.

• 7 months later...

Q3. (Acts 5:1-11; 8:23; 14:8-10) Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them? Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help? What did you learn from this?

We should be asking what He wants me to do with the insight that’s been given. 

Yes. During Jesus ministry on the earth, He was used to be a channel of blessing in the lives of the people He ministered to. If we are yielded, we too become vessels in His hands to be channel of blessing to others. 

• 4 weeks later...

When God nudges us with the insight into spiritual state of people around us, we need to be ready to find an opportune time and place to share with that individual. This will result in a blessing upon that individual’s life to see God’s hand work through his situation.

Yes had on many occasions obeyed on God’s nudges which saw the individual receiving the help. God still works through faithful, available and obedient disciples even today to touch peoples lives. We must be ready for His assignment anytime to hear Him, His nudges and promptings to do the required action to bless others. God wants us to be a channel of blessing for others.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2017 at 6:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

When God give me insight into the spiritual state of people around me, I should be asking God what he wants me to do, say or act once I receive this insight about them.

Yes. I have have had a nudge form God that resulted in a person receiving help, I received a nudge that I should ask a client how he bacame a christian, it turned out that he had not accted Christ into his life becasue he did not know he needed to he thought he was a christian because his parents were.

I learned from these experiences that God communicates very well asking me to get involved with his objective to follow his lead if I put myself aside  and see where he wants to deliver his mercy and love

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I recently had a dream about an 8 year-old daughter of a famous actor. In the dream, the child was having a heated conversation with her older sister and I sensed that the two were greatly distressed. I could not hear their words but I saw their expressions. The sisters were very distressed.  I knew that the pair had been kidnapped and were currently living in a foster home. When I woke, I was seized with the feeling that the children were in trouble.  I think this dream was a nudge from God telling me to send the police over to the home where these children were being housed. So I made a report to the authorities. I don't know what the result of my tip was, but I think putting in these tips keeps the police on alert for these kidnapped.

In this instance, I didn't need to ask God for more insight; the message was pretty clear-- Send help. In other times, if you're unsure, it won't hurt to ask God for clarity. 

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them?

We should ask God how we should use the insight He has given to us for the benefit of the person.  Is there something God wants us to do, to say, or even to learn from the insight?

Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help?  What did you learn from this?

I've received a nudge from God in this respect and learnt that God is always seeking to find one of His servants to bring ministry, spiritual or non-spiritual, to another person on earth.  We must be in constant communion with God. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/28/2017 at 2:13 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

When one has received an insight from God about a person's spiritual state, one should ask God how to pray for that person.

I have had a nudge from God about a particular woman, but as to her receiving help, I do not know.  What I do know is that if God reveals something that needs fixing it is because He wants to fix it.  We have deliverance service every Wednesday.  After the Word has been preached there is usually an altar call when people would come up for prayers.  This particular Wednesday after the Word, all the pastors were instructed to pray for the people at the altar.  This woman that I did not know came before me and as I laid my hands on her the thought "hurting heart" came to me. I placed my right hand over her heart and prayed that God would take away the pain.  As I said I did not know her and I still do not know her to this day.  A couple of days later a friend of mine who goes to another church called and while we were talking she mentioned that one of the sisters from her church told her that she had visited our deliverance service that week and what had happened.  It turned out that it was the same person I had prayed for.  My friend went on to tell me that that sister had lost her twelve years old son by drowning just one month before, hence the pain in her heart.

I learned that God really does care about and for us very much and that He is truly "touched by the very feelings of our infirmities, and so works through His servants to minister to those infirmities.

• 1 month later...

Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them?

Is there something He wants me to do for them, say to them, give them, if so what.

Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help?

Yes on many occasions.

My brother visited me one day on his way back from the doctors surgery. He had been prescribed another lot of antibiotics for his leg which was infected with cellulitis. He was really disheartened that it had not cleared up after many months of suffering pain. My brother is not a believer, and quite headstrong in his disbelief, as I witnessed this a few months prior, after I told him I had been saved, that was the last time I saw him until that day.

Because I knew, and had experience of Fathers miraculous ability to save, heal and restore, I was moved with great compassion for his suffering and regardless of his disbelief I so desired to see him healed. I felt Father nudge me to pray for him.

Dispite my fear of being verbally persecuted, I asked my brother if I could pray and ask God to heal his leg for him. At first he looked at me and laughed, and I remember thinking here we go again, another blowout or lecture on there being no God, but has the laughing subsided he said yes.

I asked if I could lay my hand on his leg, and he said yes, then I asked in Jesus name for Father to heal his leg. Nothing immediately happened, then after a while he left.

I spoke to Father and I asked him to not let me be put to shame, to prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, to show my brother His glory and power. I continued praying for my brother with such compassion that I was brought to tears. I continued to ask that he receives the healing he needs and for faith to be restored, and left if in Fathers hands, in Jesus name, that His will be done.

The next day I received a text message saying that his leg was 95% better. After another day it was totally healed.  But to this day even after seeing the supernatural abilities of our Father, he is still in a battle with faith and disbelief. Fathers will be done in all things.

What did you learn from this?

That Our Father is absolutely magnificently awesome. He is worthy to receive all the praise honour and glory.

That a little faith can heal, can move mountains.

That Father is in control. He knows His creation individually, therefore knows our every need.

He chooses to save who He pleases.

His plans are not our plans, His ways is not our ways, everything happens in His time.

I did not voluntarily choose to believe, pick up my cross and follow Christ, I could say I wish that was the case because of the love that I have for Him now. I now know that it happened just the way it was meant to happen, to turn me into the person I am today. I was physically and mentally humbled brought to my knees, because that is where I needed to be so that I could hear Jesus' voice and believe. Totally emptied of self so that He could enter and take control. He nudged the person who invited me to the Christian meeting that day, then He nudged the pastor who prayed for me, to pray for me, then I received the gift of the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah.

Love and Blessings to you all. Xx

• 3 months later...

1-How would you like me to continue this track You have me on with You?  Thank You for being here to protect me from Distractors / tions, otherwise I am done.

2- Yes.

3-Pay attention to His communication style with you.  We are all wired up differently I believe, and it shows us how very personal the Holy Spirit is.  We ought not impose what we go thru as having to be the same for another. No cookie cutter Christ followers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Lord, is this You or me, wanting to speak on behalf for man's approval or Is This You? What would you have me Do with what I think is You?  What is Your Attitude & words or Actions You would have me do, on Your behalf ,  with that information?

Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help?    Yes. 

I am still learning in this area.  Rather then responding with good intentions words or deeds,  I am finding myself wanting to respond Only with His attitude, words, love,,,, as His Perfect way alone, will produce in the other what His word was sent out to accomplish.  He wants & does use us members of His Body, His Church, to continue in His Redemptive, Healing work.

Thank You Lord, for this privilege.

• 4 months later...

I just spent a couple hours this morning talking to a french atheist about her lack of faith -- in halting French(!) -- after praying for an opportunity to do so for many weeks. Is this a nudge or an answer to prayer? A nudge seem like a partial answer to prayer, a push toward the answer, perhaps. 

I do not have insight into people's spiritual status. If I did, I'd be obligated to respond in a way that respected the content of the nudge or insight. God is more direct with me. When I pray to witness to someone, at times that person comes to me, or circumstances make it possible -- I consider this more than a nudge, but maybe we're talking about the same thing. Maybe I'm obtuse or stupid about hearing His voice, so He must be more overt.

I also just got back from grocery shopping. Sometimes -- not today -- I pray for people shopping in the aisles. I look at their faces and try to think of how to pray. Do I have a nudge from God regarding their spiritual needs? No. Not really. But I still pray according to what I see in their faces. 

• 1 year later...

Q3. (Acts 5:1-11; 8:23; 14:8-10)

Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them?    What to do or say next and also when to do so.  Then also asking for wisdom in following through with what God has shown you to do.

Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help?   yes

What did you learn from this?    To be obedient, no matter what. God does the rest.

• 5 months later...

Yes, many a times and I pray about it so that the confirmation can be clearer and when the Holy Spirit impresses that upon me, I then act and be obedient to what God wants me do to.

I have and as a person who supports schools, I went to a Primary (Elementary) school during winter time and I saw children coming to school with worn out shoes and there and then, the Holy Spirit told me to buy those children shoes. I ask the Principal to take all their names and I called my husband to explain the situation. The following week, we delivered shoes to those children and we started a shoe- drive for children in schools that I was supporting.

There was fulfilment and peace in my life knowing that I helped children who appreciated the gifts and there was no return favor that I expected from them. I understood that "God knows how to say thank you." In no time I got promoted and had to go to another area.

• 3 weeks later...

What i should be asking God is what does he want me to say them? What's the best way to handle the situation? Do you want someone else to go further with them am i just simply just suppose to mentioned this and that to them, recommend this, and pray for them? It's best to ask The Holy Spirit because every situation is different and might not need to be handled in the exact same way.

Yes I have had different situations like that. It taught me that God doesn't mind using me to help people though I might not always had the confidence that i should had so I just stepped out anyway. Also that God definitely loves and cares about others needs. Even the little simple things he will speak through someone else to give you that answer. It just shows how wonderful and caring of a God he is. 

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Acts 5:1-11; 8:23; 14:8-10) Sometimes God nudges you by giving you insight into the spiritual state of people around you. What should you be asking God about once you receive this insight about them?

How to confront this person and speak to them in a way that they will receive the message He has given me to say to them.

Have you ever had a nudge from God that resulted in a person receiving help?

I have, it came a while after our conversation.

I was shocked that I was lead by God to speak to this person because they didn’t look to me as someone for advice. I gave me reassurance that I was where God needed me to be.

• 7 months later...

I would ask God how he would want me to approach them.

Yes I have. 

To always follow that nudge.