JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Upon All Flesh

The prophet Joel declared the future ministry of the Holy Spirit coming upon all persons.  Persons will prophesy, dream dreams and see visions. Ezekiel also stated in his prophesy that God would give us new hearts and a new spirit enabling us to walk in God's statues and obey his laws. 

All who believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and are saved will be recepients.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit? Who are the recipients of these promises?  This is Yahweh's promise to the people of Israel that He will pour out His Spirit upon the people so that they will have been transformed into new people, cleansed of wickedness, with new hearts that will honor the name their God Most High.  The believers will walk in obedience to His commands and laws; the people will prophesy, and believe. In turn, God promises to prosper His people so that they will multiply and rejoice in a new land.

• 2 months later...

1. The Holy Spirit shall be given to all, young to prophesy and old to see dreams, this affects all generations.

2. In Ezekiel, God will replace the stone, hard, hearts with hearts of flesh that have a feeling. He will also pour the Holy Spirit to all.

3. God also declares that we shall know Him that all is done by Him.

• 5 weeks later...

What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?

That Father will pour out His Spirit upon all flesh.

That Father will give us a new heart and spirit. He will take away the stoney heart and replace it with a heart of flesh.

That the Spirit Father puts within us will cause us to walk in His Will, and keep his commandments.

That the Spirit Father puts with us will give us life, and enable us to have a relationship with Him.

Father will not hide His face from His people, who are in-dwelt with His Spirit.

Who are the recipients of these promises?

Whosoever receives His Spirit and calls upon the name of the Lord.

Love and Blessings to you all. Xx

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 10:34 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit? Who are the recipients of these promises?

God promises His Spirit would fall on all people. The manifestation of the outpouring would be prophesy, dreams and vision. There would be shown wonders in the heavens and on the earth. Everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved!

In Ezekiel, God promises to give us a new heart and put his Spirit in us. He promises to remove our stony hearts and give us a new heart of flesh. The Holy Spirit will enable us to obey and to follow his laws. God will no longer hide his face from us but pour out his Spirit on us.

The other recipients are all who put their faith in Jesus as the Messiah.

God promises His Spirit would fall on all people. The manifestation of the outpouring would be prophesy, dreams and vision. There would be shown wonders in the heavens and on the earth. Everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved!

In Ezekiel, God promises to give us a new heart and put his Spirit in us. He promises to remove our stony hearts and give us a new heart of flesh. The Holy Spirit will enable us to obey and to follow his laws. God will no longer hide his face from us but pour out his Spirit on us.

The other recipients are all who put their faith in Jesus as the Messiah.

• 5 months later...

Q4. What promises do we find in Jieland Ezekiel concerning Holy Spirit? 

God promised outpouring of Holy Spirit on all mankind

I  Joel : Sons and daughters will proohesy, Old msn dream dreams, Young men see visions

In Ezekiel He eould remove stoney hearts and put hearts of flesh causing thdm to salk in God's statutes

- Tge recepients if this pronise are alk who call upon the name if the Lord

• 2 months later...

At first, I thought the pouring out of the spirit was limited to the place/time of the OT, but when I saw that it was referred to in the NT as a prophetic passage, frankly, I got excited. For one, this is an example of how people in the NT era looked back at the older scriptures and "claimed" them as referring to their own age, or an age in the future. I'm very concerned about how to interpret scripture -- about having a consistent hermeneutic. I don't want to read something in the Bible and apply it to my life when I know it was written specifically for another person at another time.

But this passage, which refers to the pouring out of the Holy Spirit, has been taken as a universal and timeless passage. 

Not to be snarky, but has this happened?  Has the Holy Spirit been poured out in great measure in any society?  OR, perhaps, is this liimited to the end times when the bifurcation of saved and unsaved becomes even more stark?

• 1 month later...

#1 - Promise: Will pour out the Holy Spirit on all humanity.

#2 - sons and daughters

- old and young men

- male and female servants

- everyone who calls on the name of the Lord.

- House of Israel

- will give them a new heart and a new spirit within them

- will put God's Spirit within them.

- will remove their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh

- will cause them to walk in His statues and will cause them to

be careful to obey His rules.           

• 1 year later...

Q4. Joel foretells of a day when God would pour out His Holy Spirit on all people , both Jews and Gentiles. This was fulfilled on the Day of Pentecost. Today we receive the Holy Spirit when we put our trust in Jesus as Lord and Saviour. We are told that people will prophecy, old men will dream dreams and young men will have visions. In Ezekiel God promises to take away hearts of stone and replace them with hearts of flesh. Because of the Spirit within us we will be able to be obedient and follow God’s laws.

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?
God will pour out His Spirit upon all people, and we will dream dreams, have visions and prophesy for His purpose. He will give us a new heart and a new spirit and remove the heart of stone from us, as well as give us a new flesh-removing the sin from us. All this will cause us to walk in His ways and statues and glorify Him. He’s going to restore us to our own land and no longer will His face be hidden from us.

‘All who believe in God.

• 11 months later...

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?

ANSWER: According to Joel 2:28-32, God was going to pour out His Spirit on all mankind and their sons and daughters would prophesy, old men would dream dreams, young men would see visions, and even male and female servants would have the Holy Sprit poured out on them.

The book of Joel teaches about the power of the combined prayers and fasting of God's people during a time of great difficulty in Israel's history. “Joel assured the people that through repentance they would again receive the blessings of God”

The promises of the Holy Spirit in Ezekiel is a new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. The Lord promises to gather the Israelites from captivity, return them to their promised lands, renew His covenant with them, and reunite the kingdoms of Israel and Judah.

ANSWER: The recipients of the promises in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit are the Jews' sons and daughters, the young men and old, and even upon the slaves.