JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Living Water

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Q1a.  Anyone who is thirsty (for HIM) may come.   All who will come. (no exclusions as to gender, race or other differences)

1b. His promise to believers (those who believe in, trust in and rely on Him) is that out of our innermost being shall flow continuous springs and rivers of LIVING water. (Water that brings life to the dead, dry, discouraged or hopeless).

1c. I love that it's HIM Who flows out to others through me/ us....I don't have to sweat or work in my flesh....I just have to trust and open my mouth and His Spirit empowers the words which come out of my mouth...or smiles or hugs. There are times that the response is "you're so beautiful", which tells me they have seen Him in my countenance and the words He has empowered and directed to them personally in their need and they just don't know what else to say. When I encouraged a discouraged friend the other day, she said "You always say just the right words"....How wonderful that He can flow so effortlessly thorough us, one to another. It removes fear and timidity in sharing, knowing that our Lord is really at the helm in that deep place where He resides when we yield to Him.  To Him be all the glory for any good thing, any "just right" words, any encouragement, any "yes" to His offer of salvation and for the great joy and privilege of being His clay vessel!

• 1 month later...

Q1. (John 7:37-39)

Q.  In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? 

A. The invitation is to whoever is thirsty; Whoever belies in the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and SAVIOUR

Q. What does he promise to believers?

A. Streams of living water will flow out of the thirty believer to quench his thirst and others

Q. To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

A. I think so far only a spring and yet to flowing as a stream into others. So help me Lord Jesus Christ for stream of your living water to gush out of my soul to nourish others

Jesus invites everybody to drink from the steams of living water from within us. He promised that the believers would receive the Holy Spirit. I think that the spring of living water has been fulfilled in my life because God has made it possible for me to enjoy going on mission trips and give in many different ways.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 1:14 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

Jesus invites whoever is thirsty and willing to come to him.

He promises believers that in them will be a river of living (running) water, i.e. the Holy Spirit.

I suppose that although I have the Holy Spirit in me and the potential of freshness of life is there everyday, I'm not always experiencing this. There are filled moments and dry moments. I experience this vitality when I consciously tap on it to minister to others.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus invites anyone who "is thirsty" -- anyone who thirsts after Him.  Anyone who wants to experience Him deeply in their life, who wants to follow Him closely.  Those who thirst for Him will commit their life to Him, which means they will invite Him into their heart through faith by confessing their sin and declaring Him Lord of their life.

Jesus' promise is that out from believers' hearts will come "streams of living water" -- the Holy Spirit who has entered the believer's heart will manifest Himself in a believer's daily life in ways that are very evident to the believer, and evident to those around him/her as well.

The spring of living water became very evident in my life the moment I became a Christian.   I had an uncontrollable urge to steal as a child:  I shoplifted when I was eight years old.  When I was nine we moved to a military base and I no longer lived near a grocery store, so that habit disappeared.  Then at age 10 I began stealing from other kids' lunches at school.  I got caught and was confronted by the teachers.  By then I'd just become a Christian, so I begged my teacher to have mercy on me because I'd become a Christian and I knew it was sinful, so I'd ask Jesus to forgive me.  She made me promise to go home and confess my sin to my parents -- which I did -- and the compulsion to steal virtually vanished.  I still took money off my dad's dresser from time to time, but it always left me feeling very guilty and I knew I had to confess it to him and ask forgiveness.  This experience showed me that the Holy Spirit had entered my life and begun changing me into a new person.

In high school when my parents divorced, I had a choice to make over how to deal with the pain.  Many of my friends turned to alcohol and drugs, but I realized that it was better to turn to God, and I clung even more tightly to my relationship with Jesus.  

In college I asked the Lord to give me as much of Himself as there was, and I was filled by the Holy Spirit to a degree I'd never been before.  From that point on, I felt a joy and a peace that I'd not experienced before, though I'd been a Christian for more than 10 years.  I have hungered and thirsted for "more of Him" ever since then.  I can only hope that the streams of living water are more poured out and evident to those on the outside now than they were before.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

In His teaching on streams of living water from within, He invites all who are “thirsty”. Only a thirsty soul will want water to quench his thirst. Similarly only one who knows that he is thirsty in his being will come to the Lord for the living waters. 

The ones who come are the ones who believe in the Lord. To all who come, He promises that living waters will flow out their inner being. And by this He means that the Holy Spirit’s indwelling in all those who believe.

For sure I know that I have received the indwelling of His Spirit in my life when I was born again. But there were times when I have not allowed Him to flow through me to bless another. I have grieved Him and quenched Him, for which I repent. I want more of Him. To come to think of it, in our spiritual walk, He does satisfy us, but we always end up yearning for more of Him. And I pray that in my life, it would be yearning for more of Him and not grieving or quenching Him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 9:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Jesus invites anyone who is thirsty to come forth and He will pour on them a "spring of water welling up to eternal life".

Jesus promises believers rivers of living water will flow from within in, which is the Holy Spirit.

There are many moments in my life in which springs of living water have been fulfilled and I pray that God will continue to fill me with His Spirit that I will continue to overflow with rivers of living water.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus is inviting all those who are thirsty to come to Him and drink, drink of the Holy Spirit. Jesus called all those who hunger and thirst after righteousness (of God), are welcome. 

Jesus spoke (promised) of the Holy Spirit, to be sent from the Father after Jesus ascends to heaven post His resurrection. the more you drink of the Spirit ( baptism and filling of Holy Spirit), more Jesus becomes real in your lives, His teachings, His power and His anointing flows like a river through you to others as you minister. It will be like streams of living water that flows freely. You will be the channel for this flow.

Personally, after receiving Jesus in my life and being baptized in the Holy Spirit, have experienced His anointing of the Holy Spirit while involved in His ministry. While leading worship, while praying, while exhorting, while preaching, have seen the flow of the Holy Spirit that touches and changes lives like - lives turning to Jesus, drawing closer to Jesus, healing of body, soul and Spirit. This is His work only as His word says, not by power, not by might but by His Spirit.

Without Holy Spirit, ministry will be void of His touch and work. With Him, all things are possible.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

Whoever is thirsty.

What does he promise to believers?

We will never thirst.  The water Jesus gives us will become a spring of water welling up to eternal life.  That spring should become rivers of living water flowing out of us to bring life and healing to others. 

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

I am very thankful for this lesson.  I was filled with the Holy Spriit in four different churches.  Rivers of living water flowed out of me.  I quenched the Holy Spirit, saw Him go into the earth of my heart when I tried to things the 'right' way and apologized for speaking and said I would submit to a pastor.  I believe God has shown me this is what has happend to the church.  We have buried the Holy Spirit in the earth of our hearts so that rivers of living water no longer flow out of us.   God says in Jeremiah 2:13, "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water."

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

Whoever is thirsty

Streams of living water will flow from within them. 

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

I was filled with the Holy Spirit in four different churches (three different denominations).  Streams of living water flowed out of me.  When I tried to be in one church and said I would submit to a pastor, I literally saw the Holy Spirit go into the earth of my heart.  God told me that it was a beautiful new box but it was still a box and He wouldn't stay in a box.  Paul said that we are still carnal when we say we belong to one man.  He said that one plants, another waters, but God gives the increase.  

• 6 months later...

Jesus invites anyone who is thirsty

He promises that “whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?
To feel the very present of the Holy Spirit over flowing within, is the best high a person could ever have. In other words, I have the promise of living water spoken of by Jesus.

• 7 months later...
On 7/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q1. (John 7:37-39) In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life? He is saying that those who thirst should come to him for a drink and the drink of life would quench the thirst for eternity. Basically, it's the promise of salvation. Not sure how true this is but the notes indicate the once you drink this water, the Holy Spirit will dwell in you forever as well. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

All who are thirsty.

Who are wearied and troubled by the stresses of life.

All who are searching, who are seeking truth.

That we will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, and rivers of living water will flow from us to refresh those who we come into contact with, those who are thirsty.

To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

My life has been refreshed and restored, enabling me to comfort those around me.

I recall the week leading up to my rebirth, an old school friend contacted me. I hadn't seen him in almost 34 years. Not only did we attend the same school, we attended the same sunday school, our mothers were sisters in Christ, but we never really spoke to each other until the day he contacted me. We agreed to meet up, but at that time I was in such a dark place with my depression, and I told him so. He himself was also in a dark place with depression, he had been seriously Ill for years with chrones disease.

The following week after our meeting, was when I got saved, he was the first person I told. We met up and went for a meal, and I told him all about my amazing supernatural encounter with Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit. As I remember words were just uncontrollably flowing out of my mouth, about the greatness of Our Heavenly Father, and the amazing sacrifice of Jesus Christ. I was all a glow, on fire, I felt amazingly different, so full of love and compassion. We were there for hours, the resturant had closed and we were still sitting there, staff were sweeping around us, but not one of them asked us to leave, we could have sat there all night.

My friend called me the next day, and he told me that the day before our meal he was visited by some muslims,  and he was considering turning to Islam, but after our meeting at the resturant and hearing my testimony, and seeing the change in me, he has accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. Hallelujah, thank you Jesus????

Father knows exactly what He is doing, so many prayers were answered. He receives all the praise and glory???

Love and blessing to you all. Xx

Jesus is inviting all who believes and follow Him and are thirsty." Jesus promises that from within the believer will flow rivers/ streams of living water. Jesus said "whoever drinks the water i give him will never thirst. Indeed the water i give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."John 4 :4 

"Whoever drinks the water i give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water i give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.( John 4 : 14. This is a promise of a call to a deeper relationship and fellowship with Jesus through the Holy Spirit indwelling us.

Ever since i received the baptism of the Holy Spirit i  became sensitive in the spirit. I operate in the gift of tongues, i understand the scriptures better when i read them. With the help of the Holy Spirit i am working progressively to put the old man to death completely. I am able to understand and see things or problems from a spiritual perspective and this helps me to be concious of carnality and can deal with issues in a better way.

• 6 months later...

Q1 Who does Jesus invite to drink?

For all who are thirsty  and accept Him as Lord and Saviour

What does He promise who believe?

Rivers of living water shall flow from their bellies

How has spring of living water been fulfilled in my life?

As a believer I'm no longer dead , but alive and life of Christ is flowing  through me

• 2 months later...

In Jesus’ teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink? What does he promise to believers? To what degree has a spring of living water been fulfilled in your life?

The invitation is universal ... though he calls only some of us to receive Him. 

Jesus promises that rivers of living water will flow from us, from within us to outside of us. This water is symbol of the Holy Spirit. So the Holy Spirit, IF WE COME TO HIM AND BELIEVE, will flow out of us toward others, including, perhaps political structures and nature.

I have come to Him. I struggle to believe. Increasingly, I feel the Holy Spirit's presence in my life, though I do not feel the abundance of "rivers of living waters" nor do I feel the Holy Spirit "flowing out of me."

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Q1. All are invited to come and drink from the “ living water”. Jesus promises that ‘streams of living water will flow from within him’. By this Jesus meant that if we truly believe in Him and repent of all our sins the Holy Spirit will come and dwell within us and a spring of water will bubble up and become a river flowing out of us which enables us as Christians to reach out to others and speak to them about the things of God. I have seen my life change over the years with the help of the Holy Spirit. However there are still flaws and sin which I need to overcome with the help of the Holy Spirit.