JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Quiet Time

• 3 months later...

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16) What connects us to the mind of Christ? Do you have a regular Quiet Time? What could you do to make it more meaningful?

The Spirit connects us to the Mind of Christ. Yes I do but it is not long enough. I could praise more. 

What connects us to the mind of Christ?

He - The Spirit is the connection between God's mind and ours.

Do you have a regular Quiet Time?

Yes! most mornings. I’d love to say each and every morning, but unfortunately some mornings I have entertained distractions.

Scriptures demonstrate on multiple occasions distractive devotions, wherein the Believers looked unto idols. Sometimes that which I deem to be good can become an “idol,” hence a spiritual distraction in my life if I allow and/or if I dwell upon.

The idol I’m referring to isn’t wooden, stone, electronic, etc.… but more so something/anything replacing God’s presence/intimacy/importance.

There have been morning where I have allowed routine to derail my uninterrupted time with God. Even so, I’m also committed to meeting Him regularly and throughout the day. I’m ever thankful/grateful He doesn’t cease to communicate with me throughout the day, and that I have the liberty to speak with Him throughout the day; even the morning’s of the day that I’m missing Him!

What could you do to make it more meaningful?

Be Quiet- Isaiah 30:15 - For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. But you would not

Isaiah 30:15 (VOICE)

15 Listen! The Lord, the Eternal, the Holy One of Israel says,

Eternal One: In returning and rest, you will be saved.
        In quietness and trust you will find strength.

God invites His people to lean only on Him. If they will just stop their busyness and self-reliance, God will be able to take care of them.

But you refused.

(1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16) What connects us to the mind of Christ?

The Spirit.

Yes, in the mornings.

I need to get better at concentrating more when I am reading God's Word on his word.  My mind wonders to other things.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16) What connects us to the mind of Christ? Do you have a regular Quiet Time? What could you do to make it more meaningful?

The Holy Spirit.

I love my Quiet time with the Lord in the Mornings, reading my Bible, prayer and meditating.

Reading my Bible slowly meditating  more on certain  scriptures.

The Holy Spirit, if it is in us, connects us to the mind of Christ.

I try to pray and read early in the mornings but my  thoughts often wander.

I have to discipline myself to block out the distractions that interrupt my scripture readings, devotion.

QUESTION 2_LESSON 10. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16)

Here we are guided by Paul who explains that the Holy Spirit is the link between our spirits and the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:11-12, 16b elaborates,

"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him?  In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have ... received ... the Spirit who is from God.... We have the mind of Christ." The levels and protocols involved in connecting us to the mind of Christ are explained fully here.

I do have regular quiet time though I occasionally have disruptions and am working on ensuring that I keep a regular schedule.

My program involves reading from the old testament including the Psalms and a chapter from the New Testament. I sometimes start with a song or chorus of praise or thanksgiving. I find the experience gives me a tuning up to my attitude when I meet challenges as the day progresses. I am more tolerant and can relate to situation better as I am able to reference or draw parallels from scripture to real-life events.        

I think as we first get up in the morning is a great time to connect with Christ. Always setting aside time to read the Word and meditate on what it says. We can make it more meaningful by not allowing distractions to keep us from the Word. If the devil cannot get you to sin, he will keep you very busy with other things. Then we are losing precious time in our Lords presence 

It is the Holy Spirit who connects us to the mind of Christ.

I have a regular quiet time and it is the best part of my day. It is when I miss this part of the day, I begin to lose focus on what God has done for me and what He has for me to do. My reserved quiet time is early morning before the sun comes up or during times of going for long walks. Making it more meaningful means early to bed so that when the time comes to rise.

It is the Spirit and His voice that connects us to the mind of Christ. It is when we stop to listen to His voice and pay attention to when He nudges us to do something that Jesus can connect with us. 

I have a regular quiet time in the morning that I spend reading the Word and praying. 

I know I could spend more time listening to what He has to say to me and maybe singing Psalms or songs to God. More time thinking about who God really is and what He means to me versus my wants and more time praying for others sometimes.

Q10.2    (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16)      What connects us to the mind of Christ?      

Free Will , it is our choice to spend quality time with our Creator.   We pray in the Spirit and wait upon the Lord to guide us through the Holy Spirit . Being 'Born Again'  the Holy Spirit resides within the Believer;  He is our 'link' , He has the mind of Christ and He is our Comforter .  BUT  ,  He is a Gentleman, though He may nudge us from time to time, He does not force Himself upon us ..... but waits for the believer to call  upon Him in prayer.      

*     Do you have a regular Quiet Time?     

In the beginning i would awake at 3am  most every morning and  finally realized God was nudging me to join Him in prayer. I would pray and listen and scriptures locations would be floating in my mind ( often places i had not been to in a while ).  This started a good habit for many years. Then after a few hours i would sleep and be very refreshed when i awoke as well as enlightened.  These days i awake about 5 or 6 and spend the time studying and listening . This quality time allows me to bless my family every morning  with a "Fruitful Spirit-filled" presence.  There are days however when this does not happened as planned and that day tends to be  more troubling by the enemy , as if i left a door open and let him in.  

*     What could you do to make it more meaningful?

Keeping the door closed to the enemy and the flesh is the best way to make it more meaningful.  Having a prayer partner to rely on when it is hard to focus and then get back in control to find that quality time and even press in harder.   " Taking every thought captive to Christ , putting on that 'Helmet of Salvation'  24/7 .  Calling on the Holy Spirit often.

1 Corinthians 2:9-11 , 16              9 " But as it is written:   “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,   Nor have entered into the heart of man     The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”  10  But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.   11   For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him?   Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.                         16  For   “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?”   But we have the mind of Christ."

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16) 

It is only by spending enough time with Christ, consistently reading and meditating on the Word, that we as believers, can start building up an intimate relationship with our Lord. It is then that the Holy Spirit might make “the Mind of Christ” available to us. This can give us insight in knowing His thoughts, as well as insights into some of God’s plans. We are able to talk with Him and hear His answers to our prayers. This will also change our mind-set making us more and more like Jesus Himself. We will be humbler, willing to obey God and serve people, so that like Christ we should have a servant’s attitude, serving out of love for God and for others. We will become more and more dependent upon the Holy Spirit as Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit, makes available to the believer great wisdom, discrimination, knowledge, and understanding. We can never hear God’s voice without the help of the Holy Spirit. It is only through the Holy Spirit that we have access to the mind of Christ. Unaided, the unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God. They are foolishness to them, so they cannot possibly understand since this is only spiritually discerned.
Yes. I have a Quiet Time three times a week. My wife and I, spend about an hour in prayer and studying and meditating on the Word. Jesus was the perfect example of a Spirit-led life, and prayer played a vital role in His life on earth. We are to follow in His footsteps, and our Quiet Times gives us the opportunity to seek His guidance for the day ahead, to put our trust in Him for providing for our needs and for protection, as well as interceding for others. Starting the day with prayer as a priority lays a firm foundation for the day ahead. Then I spend time with the Lord in a yearly Bible Reading Plan. This requires the reading of about 3 to 4 chapters a day. I first read a commentary about the required chapters before reading the Word. I find this an exciting way to get to know the Bible, it also helps to discipline me, and at the same time gives me a sense of achievement. 

On 7/23/2018 at 1:56 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a.  It is Relationship and spending quality time with our Creator that connect us to the mind of Christ. 

b.  Yes, I do now.  When I was first saved I had a little pin that would clip on to clothing that said "Jesus First"  That was a message for me to put Jesus - first in my day.  I did it at first but got away from it and now I know how important it is to let Him have the first part of your day as it sets the day aright, your mood, things get done.  Its like He redeems the time.  You can't out give God!

c.  To make it more meaningful I meditate on the Psalms and think on each word, more words come, and worship comes from that.  I listen to men of God - Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. I speak the Word to my circumstances. Problem - Promise - Provision!  Believing God, knowing He is real, He loves me, He is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.  His Holy Spirit lives inside me.   My body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost.

Q 2. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16) What connects us to the mind of Christ? Do you have a regular Quiet Time? What could you do to make it more meaningful?

2 a. The Holy Spirit connects us to the mind of Christ

2 b. Yes, my quiet time is early in the morning, from 5 A.M. to about 9; sometime longer

2 c.  To continue, studying and using my time wisely in His Word with prayer and music. 

Lesson 10.
We Have the Mind of Christ -- through the Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:11-12, 16).
It's All about Relationship.

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16) What connects us to the mind of Christ?

ANS: Q 2:2 The Holy Spirit is a link between our spirits and the mind of Christ: Through the Holy Spirit we have access to the very mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:10b, 16b). The Spirit helps us know God and know his heart.

"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have ... received ... the Spirit who is from God.... We have the mind of Christ." (1 Corinthians 2:11-12, 16b)

a). Do you have a regular Quiet Time?

ANS: Q 2 a: Yes I do but I am still struggling of how to use it appropriately. It's like l don't benefit much from it or am ignorant.

b). What could you do to make it more meaningful?

ANS: Q 2 b: l don't know my Lord. Pray for me. Ask for God's counsel. He will talk to you.

1. The Spirit is the connection between God's mind and ours.

2. Yes, I have a regular quiet time with the Lord.

3. Ensure that is am meditating on what God wants me to and stay focused on his word during my quiet time.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy Spirit is a link between our spirits and the mind of Christ.

Yes I do have, but I know I have to be more consistent and from now on this quiet time should increase, so that my relationship with God the Holy Spirit will be stronger.

To do it more meaningful I must spend more time with his Word and pray to be delivered from all distractions of this world.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2a. Holy Spirit is that go between or link. His prayer language when I pray in tongues is carried to our Father without needing an interpretation! And when I pray in English, Romans 8:26, 27 tells me that even if I don't know how to pray, He takes my prayer and perfects it to the Father's ear, pleading with yearnings and groanings  too deep for utterance.

2b. I do. It's the best time of my day! I have a comfy love seat in the den where I go every morning before anyone is awake, usually around 6:00 a.m. I can close the door and spend several hours without interruption, and I'm free to read my Bible and other devotions, to pray, to listen, to cry or whatever! The phone never rings that early and my mind is fresh and open and longing to be with Him and to hear Him reaffirm His love and constant care for me and for my loved ones both who know Him and those who don't yet know Him.

3b. I can't think of anything. I have my journal and pen to write what I hear and to open myself and my thoughts and prayers to Him. I have a cup of coffee, and it's cozy and comfortable. I have a Bible dictionary if needed and a Who's Who in the Bible to look up obscure names or places. When I enter the room I sense that He's been waiting for me and looking forward to our time as much as I am. I spend more time talking than in praise and worship! But I'm always open to hearing His voice.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11, 16)

Q. What connects us to the mind of Christ?

A. The Holy Spirit is the connection between the mind God and our mind.

Q. Do you have a regular Quiet Time?

A. Yes but it can be better particularly in the area of listening to the Lord God Almighty.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Q. What could you do to make it more meaningful?

A. I have regular quiet time that is mainly focused on reading my bible and the devotional commentaries. I will now try to devout more time to praying and listening to Him.

• 2 months later...

Holy Spirit connects us to the mind of Christ. Yes I have a regular quiet time. But I could do better by spending time to listen to His voice speaking to me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 9:56 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

The Holy Spirit connects us to the mind of Christ. I don't have a regular Quiet Time. I can spend more time on the Word and meditate on it to make it more meaningful.

• 4 weeks later...

The Holy Spirit connects us to mind of Christ revealing what is in store for us. Without the revealing of the Holy Spirit, we have no direction to go as per the Father’s will. Communion with Christ is a key element of every believer in Christ.

Yes, have a regular Quiet time with God. Would always want to improve the quality of the Quiet time with God. To obey all His directions and guidance and fulfill His purpose through my life and advance His kingdom.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...