JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 16. Warrior

Pastor Ralph

Day 16 Meditation (Revelation 17:14). What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior? In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community? Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy?

• 3 weeks later...

Day 16 Meditation (Revelation 17:14). 
What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior? 
In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community? 
Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy? 

We tend to think of Jesus, the Lamb, as a gentle, meek, and mild Saviour, forgetting that He has already triumphed over Satan by His death and Resurrection.
He is the victor. When the forces led by the Antichrist go to war against the Lamb, they are doomed to a crushing defeat. Lord of lords and King of kings is the title applied to the Lamb, signifying sovereignty and authority, as well as majesty and power. So when Jesus is referred to as the Lion and the Lamb, we are to see Him as not only the conquering King who will slay the enemies of God at His return, but also as the sacrificial Lamb who took away the reproach of sin from His people so they may share in His ultimate victory.
We are involved in a spiritual warfare, and although our salvation is secure, we need to show our gratitude to the Lord. We can do this by exposing Satan’s lies and proclaiming the Word, no matter how much the world hates to hear it. Doing this, we draw on the power of Scripture. Without prayer some victories will not be possible, so prayer is a vital weapon against evil. Of course, victory over these evil forces is not possible through our own strength, we must rely on God’s power. At the same time, we must try to follow Jesus’ example and live a good life in obedience to our Lord, so that no one can point a finger at us and call us hypocrites. I must admit I tend to shy away from conflict. Even knowing that I’m not alone He is always there to help in the fight. I have no excuse. 

I think that the change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious warrior is to know that He will victorious when He decided to come here a second time. He concord Satan the first time and He will do it again. I think that the ways that I have been called to serve the Lamb in skirmishes is to try to correct evil when I see it.

Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy?

With a lot of "aggression" going on in the country right now, we really need to distinguish what we understand here...The Apostle Paul said to put on the whole armor of GOD and to stand. We should remember that the battle is the LORD's..If we attempt to go forth in our own strength against satan, the world, and the flesh...we will fail.

I am looking at Ephesians 6:12; For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore  take up the full armor of God , so that you will be able to resist in the evil day and having done everything to stand firm. I believe that the Lord is calling us to be prepared; to be in God's word, to be in prayer, confessing our sins. 1 Peter 3:15  but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence. To stand firm in the Lord and to be ready to speak the truth in love. Love God, love your neighbor. 

Q. What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior?

A. We need to know that we are faced with spiritual warfare with satanic forces spearhead by beast and war is real and serious. We however need to realise that we have the Lamb, our victorious Commander Who will lead us to victory but we have submit to Him, follow and obey Him.

Q. In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community?

A. We are frequently attacked by satanic forces through temptations to commit sin, sicknesses, persecution and other types of attacks.

In all these we need to put on the full armour of God and join the Lamb to fight the battles as soldiers of the Lord that must fight to win with along with the Lamb.

Q. Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy?

A. I am not as agressive as the Lamb but want and desire to be with Him helping me. So help Lord.

What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior?

The Lamb die and rose again, He has conquered the grave. 

In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community?

Sharing the Gospel to my local community where 90% are idol worshipers. Through giving free tuition to these poor community , weekly visitation to the families, and among them some are Muslim.

I am not aggressive like the Conquering Lamb.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:49 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 16 Meditation (Revelation 17:14). What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior? In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community? Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy?

1.  What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior?

It has been a process of God's healing and deliverance for me from my early years as a victim of abuse and violence. In that mindset it was impossible to see the Lamb as a Warrior....I saw Him as the Suffering Servant, Savior, crucified and risen from the dead, but not as a warrior. Now after years of Bible reading/study and prayer, that ignorance has been corrected and He is now my victorious Lord and Warrior, Who is ready, more than willing and able to battle evil whenever He is called upon.

2. In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community?

He calls upon me to war in the spiritual realm, in Him, having put on His armor (Eph 6) and to intercede in prayer from that new position against the forces of evil, hell bent on destruction of believers, our cities, our government, and our nation.

3.  Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy?

My training started with weird physical attacks on my body that frightened me. (red, yellow, blue and white lights in odd shapes  flashing up and down near my eyes distracting and scaring me. Then sharp pains on my body like someone was pounding on me with fists....in fear I would call others to pray. When those prayers stopped the attacks immediately, I realized the symptoms were demonic and learned in scripture how to take authority in the spirit and to call on our Warrior God to fight the battle. Those weird symptoms stopped occurring. He is forever faithful to teach and to train us!

I was timid as I began...(He taught me to see myself clothed in Him, as Wonder Woman wielding a sword (the word of God) rather than Minnie Mouse wielding a popsicle stick.....I love that our Lord has a sense of humor!!!) I was in a skirmish with hundreds of other believers last night on a prayer call for our Nation, as we warred in the Spirit against the plot uncovered  by D.C. police that anarchists were calling for a million protesters to come to Washington D.C. this weekend (June 6-7) to overwhelm the city, armed with gas masks, enamel spray paint to deface our memorials, high powered lasers, and whatever destructive means they could bring, offering them places to park and to stay. We "warred" in prayer for 3 hours and believe the attack will be thwarted and come to nothing. We saw in the spirit, thousands of God's angel army  confusing  and thwarting their plans and defending our President, our government, our Constitution and our nation.

Before I learned, I "warred" in the flesh with a demonic  neighbor,  through polite conversation, then pleading for the destructive behavior to stop, to no avail..in fact it intensified. When I was reminded that we war not with flesh and blood, but with powers and principalities....and began to war in the spirit, to take authority over the evil one and called upon our Warrior Lord, to intervene.....it took another several months, but the Lord is victorious, always! In the process I've prayed for him and for his family to come to know our Lord as Savior and Lord.

We have to realize that Jesus has already won the war and that we are victorious through Him. It is not us through the flesh that wins the battle. It is being united with Him in the Spirit. Satan uses people against us and sometimes they do not even know it. It is knowing that we have all the weapons we need to fight at our disposal already. 

I am called upon to pray for people I know to be saved and to tell them about Jesus and called to be a peacemaker and not cause trouble. I am called to pray for those in authority even though I may not like them.

I ahave alaways been a timid person and I need to be more bold in my prayer life and to pray more for others and our nation now.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a. We see the Lamb, He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth. He already won the battle with His death for us,  He was buried, rose from the dead and Ascended unto His Father.  The Bible says the just shall live by faith and we fight the good fight of faith knowing that  the Bible is Truth, says in (Rev. 17:14 )"They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful."  Believing is Seeing!

b. We are to "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm." (Ephesians 6:11-13)                Jesus said, " In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

c. I am not an aggressive person, but I am learning.  God has equipped us with His promises (Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world, I am more than a conqueror, Christ lives in me, and much more).  Putting on the Armor of God on  and using it.

Though we are victorious by the time we got our salvation when we accept Jesus as our Lord who died and is raised being in the right Hand of God, we need to always meditate that the blood of Jesus has covered us and our enemy cannot stand it. And we need to be in His reach of command with the Holyspirit guidance and continuous empowerment.  

Always shine the light by being examples in our work and social engagement and relationships, be testimony to those who are in bondage telling the good news.

Our fight is not of flesh and our weapon is not of physical that we always oppose the work of satan in the spirit realm during our prayers, worship songs, when encountered with temptations of satan in our walk of life. I believe prayer is the most powerful tool to destroy the strongholds of Satan who always roars like lion to win over us. 

What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior?  To see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior, our thinking will have to be on the side of righteousness.  

In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community?  In this present world I am called to wage the good war against the schemes of the Devil as I am enabled by the Holy Spirit of God.  Victory is ours because of what Jesus did for us on the cross.  

Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy? As I am empowered by the Holy Spirit I can face the battle against the enemy to bring glory to God.

We need to be willing to quit shying away from conflict from the enemy and choose to stand strong and put on the armor of God and choose to fight the battle on our knees either literally or figerutively. For me, I am constantly doing battle with the enemy when it comes to the forces of darkness. I am in full ministry at this point in my life. I work with different false belief systems and also work with all age groups and both young and old and married and single and families as well. However my ministry is not just me; I have a full time staff of people behind me along with many more in training and more in college and others being trained.  So it is constantly expanding all the time as well. Through out my community I am constantly looking for opportunities to reach the lost. Yes I am.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 16 Meditation (Revelation 17:14). What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior? We're not used to seeing Jesus as a warrior since the most striking image of him is on the cross, beaten and bloodied. The lamb symbolism is of an animal that is gentle, meek and offered up as sacrifice which is what the crucifixion represents. In order to view the Lamb as a warrior, we would need to remember the man who is the Son of God. Once we remember this, it'll be easier visualize him as a warrior on a White Horse. 

In what ways are you called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in your life and community? I don't know that I'm called to serve the Lamb in anyway. I do have some personal battles to wage against evil so I do my best to fight the good fight by reporting suspicious activity to the police and nudging them to prosecute. When they fail to respond, I pray desperate prayers for assistance in my battle against demons that have kidnapped and abused  the children in my family.

Are you aggressive like the Conquering Lamb, or do you shy away from conflict with the enemy? I can be aggressive if I want to be.  

Day 16 Meditation (Revelation 17:14). What has to change in our thinking in order for us to see the Lamb as a victorious Warrior?

Jesus has already won the battle, and now Paul reminds Timothy the prophecies made about him and us today so we will be motivated to fight the good fight. Also, when we have the mind of Christ, this will change our thinking and help us see the Lamb as a victorious warrior. Phil 2:3-5 “This charge I commit to you, son Timothy, according to the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you may wage the good warfare,” (1 Timothy 1:18 (NKJV)    

I am called upon to serve the Lamb in skirmishes with evil in my life and community by realizing “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.  For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,  casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,  and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.” 2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (NKJV)

I am not as aggressive  as Christ, however, I don’t feel I shy away from conflict with the enemy.  The scripture says, “ Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.   For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Therefore, take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.   Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,   and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
  above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.   And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;   praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-- Ephesians 6:11-18 (NKJV)

• 3 weeks later...

Remember that Jesus actively opposes all work of the devil and we should too. He is not passive even when we can't see His work.

First, submit to God in obedience. Then resist the devil through praying, sharing, and correcting when needed.

I too often shy away, but God is calling me to more faithful prayer and obedience.