JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 24. Face

Pastor Ralph

Day 24 Meditation (Revelation 22:3-5). With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to “see his face”? What kind of intimacy and access does that imply? How can you begin to “sit at his feet” and “behold the glory of the Lord” now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). To what degree are you currently doing this?

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:00 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 24 Meditation (Revelation 22:3-5). With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to “see his face”? What kind of intimacy and access does that imply? How can you begin to “sit at his feet” and “behold the glory of the Lord” now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). To what degree are you currently doing this?

With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to “see his face”?

To see His face will all be worth it all.  Then we would have truly be in a place of holiness and truly have conquered and overcome.  Our journey, coming to an end, would have been for His glory.

What kind of intimacy and access does that imply?

To be in the divine presence of God, seeing His face, would imply that all that God has told us concerning our future would have just begun to be realized.

How can you begin to “sit at his feet” and “behold the glory of the Lord” now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). To what degree are you currently doing this?

Just to imagine sitting at His feet and beholding His glory is indescrible but to the degree that I spend time in the presence of the Lord now will prepare me for the time I will actually be seated before His throne, at His feet.

What significance does it have for us to "see his face"? What kind of intimacy and access does that imply? How can you begin to "sit at his feet" and "behold the glory of the Lord" now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). To what degree are you currently doing this?

When I read  these questions, the first thing I thought about was the story of Mary and Martha when JESUS visited their home.and how JESUS said another place in Scripture.."If you have "seen" me you have seen the FATHER"...Martha was very busy preparing the meal while Mary "sat at Jesus's feet" and listened to what HE told her.Martha was a little put out with Mary and Jesus told Martha that Mary had "chosen the better part"....When we listen to the Holy Spirit that indwells each believer, we ARE "sitting at HIS feet"

Sing along It will be worth it all

I think that the significance of me “see his face” is that I am as close to the Lord that I can get. He has always look out for me and at last I get to see who has been protecting me. This means that we will be with Him at all times and we will not want to sin because there will be no more sin. I can begin to “sit at his feet” by doing my daily bible study and taking to Him in the good time and in the bad.

The fulfillment of His promise and the completion of our salvation. It is significant in that we see Him in the sense of being sanctified and being right with Him in Jesus, cleansed by His blood. Not in a sense.of living in the sinful world and sinful people where we live in like Isiaih did and was afraid see God in His High throne.

The final intimacy and relation with God is based on the absolute and true admission of us His being our God and gracious fatherhood and true service and worship in absence of the enemy, Satan who has been the source of all evil and our separation from Him.

I always try to seek Him through my prayers and meditating in His word. In that way I have seen His mercy, help, glory...upon me during my successes and failures. His has been with me in all my out cries and joyfully times. I am always in His provision and He everytime marvelous me in my work, promotion and successes. 

Still I am hungry of His spirit and always learning and getting revelations, including these 24 teachings, which are revelations to me empowering me to closely walk with Jesus. God may continue to show His glory day by day  I pray in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Day 24 Meditation (Revelation 22:3-5).

With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to “see his face”?

The significance for us to "see his face", I think it imply intimacy with Jesus. Now our spiritual eyes are open, we can see Jesus clearly in the fullness of His glory because sins is done away, pain is removed, worry is done away and we have our resurrected bodies like Jesus'.

I think we can know Jesus deeply, His heart, His love, the fullness of Who He is and we can have very close fellowship with Him just like God came and fellowship with Adam in the Garden of Eden before the fall. 

How can you begin to “sit at his feet” and “behold the glory of the Lord” now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18).

I "sit at His feet" by reading and meditating the Word of God, Praying, worshiping and thanks giving, sharing the Gospel as to behold the glory of the Lord.

To what degree are you currently doing this?

Not sure to what degree have I been but I take delight in Him all the days of my life

Q. With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to "see his face"?

A. It is very significant that there is a time we will by grace have the previlage to see the Lord face to face. We recall that after the fall, man could not see His face and live. But Jesus has broken the barrier and  the veil torn away giving us unlimited access we get there.

Q. What kind of intimacy and access does that imply?

A. Very intimate and unlimited free access as we will live together and reign with the Lord eternally. Remarkable!

Q. How can you begin to "sit at his feet" and "behold the glory of the Lord" now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18).

A. Through Bible study and quiet time as we meditate in His Word and the Holy Spirit illuminates the eyes of our hearts with His glory and message. 

Q. To what degree are you currently doing this?

A. As for me, not so much but these studies are inspiring and reviving me to do so.

So help Lord God Almighty to learn more come before lol at your face through the pages of your word.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:00 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to "see His face"?

The Bible tells us our eyes are "the windows of our soul".....we see "into" a persons heart and soul when we see their eyes and the expressions on their face. To see His lovely face and eyes indicates how close we will be to Him with a new depth of "knowing" Him and His heart of love,  than while reading about Him, and experiencing His presence as we sit with Him,  read His word and interact with Him in prayer in our daily walk. 

I've had the privilege of a visitation from Jesus many years ago, when He appeared to me during a time of sheer terror where I thought I was going to die if I didn't get help, immediately. Though He was only about 8 feet away, He was surrounded by such brilliant light, that His facial features were not clearly visible as described in these verses when we will see Him. My eyes were closed, but I could FEEL His presence before I turned to see where the brilliant light which filled the room was coming from. I felt His  warmth physically, like warm oil or honey surrounding and filling me, but I could not see His facial features nor His eyes but I knew His voice when He said "Be still and KNOW that I AM God" ( I was so new I didn't know that was a scripture verse, until much later when I read Psalm 46:10)

2. What kind of intimacy does that imply?

When we SEE His face, and look into His eyes of love, I believe the longing which is never fulfilled here, will finally, completely overflow with unspeakable joy and ecstasy!!!  

This was emphasized as I was just at the grocery store, wearing the required mask during the Covid 19 virus outbreak. When I smiled at an overwhelmed clerk, I realized she couldn't see my smile, and though she could see my eyes, she couldn't see the expression of compassion on my face. There will be no hindrance, no masks, no separation when we are fully His, face to face.

3. and 4:  How can you begin to "sit at his feet" and "behold the glory of the Lord"? Luke 10:39, 2 Cor 3:18) and to what degree are you currently doing this?

The most special time of day for me is when I "sit at His feet" the first thing every morning...journal opened, writing what is on my heart, what I'm confused about, need or want to know, praise Him for, thank Him for and so on. Then I read His word with pen in hand and "listen" for His answers to all that I've just poured out to Him. I behold His glory as He speaks through His Word, or speaks to my spirit through the Holy Spirit's voice. This morning in answer to a question about the long wait, and whether it involved lack of faith,  I read three different times, in the scriptures for the day (Proverbs, Psalms, and Jesus Calling (devotional)  "When the time is right, child".  Nope! Not lack of faith, it's just not the right time, so I will rest in His answer.  I beheld His glory! He sits with me as I sit with Him...but I long for the time when I will be truly with Him.

If you see God's face , you will not live.  You will die.  Only 1 person has seen God's face and that was his son, Jesus Christ.  As human beings it is impossible to see God's face.  Jesus was limited by his flesh so we could see Him, but in Heaven we must be seeing the 3 faces of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  

Edited by SFLamb520
omitted letter

With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to "see His face"? 
How can you begin to "sit at His feet" and "behold the glory of the Lord" now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). 
To what degree are you currently doing this? 

The picture of God seated on the throne is enough to impress us with a sense of the holiness of God. However, each of the symbols mentioned in Isa 6:1 – the throne, the title, the lofty position, the grand sweeping robe – all confirm His sovereignty over all the universes, over all kings, over all nations, and over all peoples. We don’t need to see His face to be certain about who He is. 
Nothing impure will be allowed in the New Jerusalem. Only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will have fellowship with our Lord and have direct access to the Throne. They will also have the name of the Lamb and of the Father written on their foreheads (Rev 14:1). It was the Lamb that had redeemed His people and brought them into the presence of our Heavenly Father and will now be spending eternity with Him. It will be a similar relationship Adam and Eve had with God before the fall in Paradise. 
What an honour to “sit at His feet”. This would imply that in that position we show honour and respect to our Lord as our teacher. In those days, anyone learning from a great teacher would sit at their feet, literally be forced to 'look up' to the teacher – showing respect. As we grow in our spiritual journey, as we are sanctified, we become more and more like our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. People will know that there is something special about us, and they will notice that we are different from other people. The Holy Spirit will increasingly transform us and, as He does so, glory will cling to us. 
I can honestly say that I sit at His feet, by studying and meditating on His Word. Being retired I’m in the fortunate position that I spend most of the day reading and studying Bible commentaries and books on Theology. As to my spiritual growth, I can only pray that the Lord will look kindly upon me! Amen.
Thanks, Dr Ralph, for a most interest journey through Revelation with the Lamb!  

Day 24 Meditation (Revelation 22:3-5). With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to “see his face”? It makes us want to worship in close proximity because we know that in Heavenly Jerusalem, we are saved and therefore we want to see the face of Lord that gave us the privilege of salvation.

What kind of intimacy and access does that imply? It means that we are a part of a family, a fellowship in which we are brothers and sisters to Lord Jesus and that we may sit near him and speak to him. 

How can you begin to “sit at his feet” and “behold the glory of the Lord” now? (Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). To what degree are you currently doing this? Spiritually, I am at his feet at least twice a day praying and repenting, and vice versa. 

a. Whenever I am worshiping in church and the words come to me from Isaiah 6:1 of the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple, I sense His presence and His Glory filling the place where I am.  Seeing His face I have to know I am in heaven and in the Spirit because the Bible states that no human can see Him and live.  I will also know that I have been washed in His Blood, sanctified  and made clean and that my name was written in the Lamb's Book of Life and that I am in His presence for all eternity.

b. There will be no separation.  We are one with Him, in the Spirit, not in the flesh. No evil or anything unclean will ever enter.   It will be like the Love in the Garden of Eden before sin.  Fellowship with Him - Face to Face. Knowing He has always loved us and wanted us to be with Him forever!

c. You can sit at His feet and learn of Him as did Mary.  Just sitting in His presence and knowing His Holy Spirit is in you, you can have fellowship with Him.  He is not a superficial God, He is not mad at you, He is waiting for you to come to Him, He wants to hear your cry.  Be thankful in all things, knowing that he created this earth and everything in it for your pleasure.  Discuss your day with Him.  He loves you and like the Prodigal Son is waiting with open arms.  

d. Knowing how much I am blessed in His presence and how much greater He makes my day as I put Him first.  I need to give Him more time and make a date with Him as I do with friends, it is much more beneficial. 

The significance is that His glory will fill heaven and the New Jerusalem. His presence will be everywhere around us and will be shining brighter than the sun. It will reflect in our own faces as we sit daily with Him. His light will be blinding and be flowing from the temple itself. 

We will finally be able to talk face to face with Him. Nothing will separate us from Him anymore. When we are in heaven wer will be like He is. We will have glorified bodies like His and be able to fully communion with Him.

I can start praying to Him more and confessing everything to Him. I can be honest and open with Him and give over everything to Him.

Not as much as i should now. i should be spending more time in prayer and listening to what he has to say to me.

Day 24 Meditation (Revelation 22:3-5). With the picture of God and the Lamb high and lifted up, and the train of his robe filling the temple (Isaiah 6:1), what significance does it have for us to "see his face"?

It  means we have an intimate personal relationship with him

It implies that We have His name written on our foreheads, which shows ‘God’s ownership of his people, of being protected and being sealed, and have access to his kingdom. Thus,the only ones to enter are those written in the Book of Life.   Revelation 21:24-27

How can you begin to "sit at his feet" and "behold the glory of the Lord" now?

I can behold the glory of the Lord by the following : having a spiritual hunger for His word, a readiness to hear His word, a deep desire to surrender by self and a willingness to do what His word say. It’s a ministry of transformation (2 Cor. 5:17; Rom.6:1-23; Eph. 4:20-24; Col. 3:5-10’) (2 Cor. 3:18) NLT2

(Luke 10:39; 2 Corinthians 3:18). To what degree are you currently doing this?

Currently I am in Bible studies via phone or zoom with the church instructed by the  pastor , a half an hour to one and half hour weekly ; studying wit this ministry as often as I can . 

• 3 weeks later...

It means that we are in a close intimate relationship with the Lord that we can call upon Him in prayer. The access and intimacy is full and close. I can do it by being more patient with Him when I pray instead of listing what I need from Him. Not enough right now.

• 3 weeks later...

It means It all worked! God's plan, Jesus' obedience, sacrifice, resurrection, and keeping His saints has been effective. We are made holy and able to sit and enjoy our Lord's presence without fear of anything, even of the glorious privilege coming to an end. God's word had been fulfilled.

Complete comfort, joy and intimacy.

Pray and pour out my heart to God.

I am offering more of myself to God the last few months.  I think the disruption and fear of the Covid 19 situation has made me more honest with God @ my hopes, fears, and sin. Made me confess more openly and fully where I've let fear rule the day, instead of fear of God