JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Promises for the Future

Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

1 Pt. 5:10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus..... is the most meaningful to me at any point in my life. Because I am perserved by The Holy Spirit, ....through suffering for a little while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. <<<Into His Glory and Dominion forever. Amen!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

The promise that is most meaningful is that God will restore and strengthen me after a period of suffering. In trying to improve how I live and eliminate impurity from my life, there are times when I am tempted, even if I take steps to avoid rather than resist temptation. In these periods it gives me encouragement that I can overcome these temptations because they will not last and that He will give me the power to overcome. It is the encouragement I need.

• 5 months later...
:) In verses 5:10-11 It is really telling me about God's love for me. It is very meaningful to me because it lets me know that no matter what I maybe going through now, God will bring me through and make me strong. And it also gives me hope knowing that He has called me to eternal glory. This is just a small journey compared what awaits me.

• 6 months later...

I think the promises of God making me strong, firm and steadfast are the most meaningful promises to me at this point in my life. As a Pastor, I need strength, firmness and steadfastness in meeting the challenges that he has placed in my life in shepherding a flock, raising a family, continuing my education, being a role model and in carrying out the many ministries my church is involved in.

I'm praising God all the way.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Q4. (5:10-11) Which promises in verses 10 and 11 are most meaningful to you at this point in your life? Why?

When I am Brokrn in spirit and feel totally alone God takes the hurt , the aloneness, feeling of rejection and begins to do a work as I come to Him, and He begins to repair me, so that I may be even better than before to carry out His work even more effectively.

When I feel I can't go on I know it is God who has called me unto Him self and He has no intention of abandoning me in the heat of the battle. In fact, during the battle, God " will Himself restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast."

God has every intention of taking me from my despair to bringing me to the hope and joy of my salvation, But I need to be willing to go through the fire if that is where He's leading so that when He brings me through He will get the Glory and I will exit the trial even stronger.

To Him be the power for ever and ever Amen.

( John 14:27 ) ' Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled and do not be afraid.

Because my family are moving to Texas and I will be alone. I live in California and am a widow living alone not in the best of health. I do have Jesus as my closet friend, I will still miss my family.

• 2 months later...

God has called me to His eternal Glory and that let's me know that God loves me so much He wants me to live with Him in Glory. I have gone through so much in my life and I have done things that I know was wrong. It was God's grace and mercy that has allowed me to have a second chance to obey God. I know I have to still repent from time to time. But I still feel the love of God in my life. I am a grateful soul.

• 1 month later...

That I have eternal life with God. Knowing when things seem to go wrong God will lift me up and strengthen me.Knowing he will keeping me strong and steadfast is a great relief. Knowing that he has forgiven all my past and future sins and that i am in his hand and he will never let me go. That my salvation is forever and can't be taken from me thats his promise.

• 3 months later...

Verse 11 in the Good News Bible states

'to HIM be the POWER for ever! Amen.

Praise God that at this moment when spiritually I am struggling and weak, I need no Power of my own, but that which God gives me, which never fails, fades or runs out.

• 5 months later...

To me the promises that mean a lot is knowing that I am in Christ, even though I go through suffering and trials, God has renewed my strength and he has been my help. He has made me stronger by establishing me in His word. He has made me steadfast by being my solid foundation on which I can be built. All of this I have experienced in my life because I have prayed for a close relationship with God. To be a vessell that He can use for His kingdom. To train me to get self out of the way and be like my Lord.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

a)These promises are special to me, Jesus has paid the price,His blood has washed us who believe in Him clean He has the victory. In him we can overcome all foes against us. –The God of grace who has called me to his eternal glory in Christ, I can come to the Father through Jesus and have this eternal hope, and After you have suffered a little while he will restore me, help and assist me, and make us strong, firm and steadfast.

b)These give me great hope to stand firm, with full armour on in current afflictions and for the eternal hope for the future.

• 8 months later...

The promise of eternal life and being placed on a firm foundation are the most meaningful to me at this point in my life.  At age 58 I am wavering less and am firmer in my Christian walk than I have ever been. 

It is wonderful to experience solid Christian growth and consistency in my life.  I thank God for His kindness and mercy in working with me through the years, despite my own personal willfulness.  For the most part I have a clear and clean conscience before God and I have a real intention and determination to honor and please Him with my life.

• 2 years later...

The promises in verses 5:10-11 which is the most important, is that God called us to his eternal glory in Christ.

This is most important to me because God who loved a sinner like me sent his only son to suffer and die for me, that I might share the glory of Christ.                              

• 1 year later...

I am inclined to massage the word order of 1Peter 5:10-11. I need to affirm that it has been and will be - as long as I draw breath - the God of all grace who has sustained my life, blessed me, protected me during near-death experiences, called me to himself and to ministry in his church. Grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that will pardon and cleanse within; grace, grace, God’s grace, grace that is greater than all our sin. Marvelous grace of our loving Lord, Grace that exceeds our sin and our guilt! Yonder on Calvary’s mount outpoured, there where the blood of the Lamb was spilled. Sin and despair, like the sea waves cold, threaten the soul with infinite loss; grace that is greater, yes, grace untold, points to the refuge, the mighty cross. Dark is the stain that we cannot hide. What can avail to wash it away? Look! There is flowing a crimson tide,
brighter than snow you may be today. Marvelous, infinite, matchless grace, Freely bestowed on all who believe! You that are longing to see His face, Will you this moment His grace receive? 

Edited by mattzat1113
typos

We may suffer (for Him) but He will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.  I need not fear if struggles come--they will--but He has restoration power!  I could be restored by being taken Home!  He knows best!

My trust in Him is growing with aging.  Praise God for His Power!

God himself will restore me. Establish me. Strengthen me. These words bring me hope, peace and joy! At this point in my life, I'm going through some difficulties in my marriage, and to know that God, himself, will.  God is a promise keeper. He declares something to be and it gets done. In a little while, but God will. Two words sums it all. God will. Praise be to God Almighty!

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2004 at 7:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

1.He who has called me to His own eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will HIMSELF complete and make me what I ought to be, and will establish, ground, and strengthen and settle me.

His promises make all of the suffering and struggles of 74 years, worth every tear, pain, trial and loss. They have been and will continue to be His "tools" of workmanship to shape me finally, at that day, into His glorious image.

On 4/24/2004 at 10:55 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Each one is beneficial and meaningful to me. The suffering that Peter talks about may not be in terms of health, but specifically today, I am going through one of my cluster headache spells. This is 23 years of having this, 23 years of not getting closer to understanding what they are or how to stop them, but as I opened the Word, the 2 verses stuck out for me. "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." (5:10-11) I believe that I will be healed and that this suffering is for a short time. My trust and faith is in Him alone.

I do not know ALL of the Bible. BUT I do not rebuke Satan;' the LORD DOES!!!  Zechariah 3:2; Jude 1:9.  If I have misunderstood, please help me.  There is an article at https://writersfield.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/the-lord-rebuke-you-looking-at-why-the-lord-said-this/ which touches on this.  Again, just my opinion, not attacking anyone.  This forum and these lessons are ALL A LEARNING, GROWTH, CURVE.  Bless you.