JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Faith in the God of Miracles

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day?

By our faith, trust and belief in Him.

Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles?

No

Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

Yes, when we wake up in thr mornings in our right minds, that in itself is a miracle.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

Abraham and Sarah did not have much to look back on in their walk with God. It would be very difficult to believe for a son when you are in your nineties especially when you have very little examples of how God has moved in people's lives before this. Consequently Sarah laughed (and so did Abraham when he was told this). Obviously Sarah's laugh was the laugh of unbelief. What you truly believe in your heart will come out in your words and actions.

There is no indication that God will stop doing miracles. He did for Abraham and Sarah, He did for the Israelites (I am the God who healeth thee), He did in Elijah's and Elisha's time, He did for the apostles time and He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We can regain an active faith in the God of miracles by developing a close relationship with Him through His Word and prayer (talking with Him). Once again faith is trust. You can't trust someone you don't know.

• 3 months later...

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? It appears we can only believe if we can imagine the miracles we do know about and are inspired to worship God because of them. Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? None that I can see just as there is scant indication that God continues to do miracles. How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles? Oh as long as there is a God like our God we can be assured our faith in Him is active and He is fully capable of doing the miraculus

• 10 months later...

1a) We can tell if we have faith that God will do miracles now, by reminding ourselves of what he is doing now in our lives healing me & others,and giving us that supernatural peace in the face of turmoil.Fear can rise up in each of us,but if we believe he will &keep open to seeing,,doing what is right & just,&trust the Lord we will look for his miracles,&see God at work in the big&small miracles each day.

B)With God all things are possible Matt 19:26.No indication he stops doing miracles.If we reject God we allow satan to take control.,but God still working

C)God heals today,enables me to be at peace even facing serious illness,enables us to have all our needs met,even in difficult times.We need to give him praise when it happens.

D)If we confess of our wrong doing,turn to our Lord afresh,read his Word& receive his forgiveness,we are free to actively live for Jesus,pray worship him and see the miracles that God works in our lives.

• 9 months later...

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day?

For myself, and all others, the miracle of life and how our body works every second is truly a miracle, but we take it for granted. How the plants create oxygen to sustain us people is another miracle that we take for granted. Light from the sun, DNA, we can go on and on...

Recognizing those miracles is part of growing of one's faith. Being tested and having to admit and rely more and more on Him is the process.

Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles?

none that I know of, why should he, He loves us so much and wants to help give us a reason to praise him.

Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles?

Nature, as described above is an ongoing miracle

How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

I pray to be able to submit deeper to him, and have the kind of faith some people imagine and think I have; I'm a work in progress

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do believe that God’s present willingness to do miracles in our day because I read about some of the miracles that He does. But I still have a difficult time in believing that He would do such a miracle for me.

As far as I understand the Scriptures there is no place that it says that God will stop doing miracles and there are plenty of indications that God will continue to do miracles and I have heard of some that He has done. I think that He probably does miracles daily for us if we would just pay attention to what is going on.

• 7 months later...

I hold God's Word to be truth. See John 17:17.  If God says nothing is impossible for Him then I believe it.  He created the universe.  He has accomplished what seemed impossible in my life.  God is God and if you believe that, then you can't help but believe He can do anything and that applies to every person in every generation.  Those that deny what man terms as miracles really don't believe that God is who is says he is.  People don't believe in miracles because their closed minds won't allow them to see miracles.  Life as we know it is a miracle in and of itself.

The real question is why would God stop doing miracles?  Nothing in the scriptures indicates God would ever stop doing miracles.  People just stop believing in miracles -- closed minds intimated by the secular satanic world order around them.

God is healing and changing peoples' lives every day.  One of the most common miracles is a truly changed life.  People, by and large, throughout time do not change their attitudes, habits, worldview, etc.  For a person to acknowledge the Lord God Almighty and accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, out the noise and clutter of the world, is truly a miracle.  By and large the people of this world ignore and dismiss God. 

A close relationship with God opens a persons eyes to the miracles on every level that God performs on a regular basis.

• 2 years later...

A. What God said in the past fulfilled and still is being fulfilled in our present day.  Our lesson material gives Scripture to make this point of our "Omnipotent Lord": Isaiah 50:2; Jeremiah 32:17; Mat. 19:26; Luke 18:27; Luke 1:37.

B. I choose to believe that there isn't.

C. Dr. Wilson gives an example of God healing an individual in a congregation of the church in which he pastored.  I have also heard other people give their testimony of being healed.  I have also experienced healing in my own life.

D. I tend to believe there are two ways: the first being the Word of our "Omnipotent Lord," and the second being searching our own lives for the working of God.;

• 3 months later...

We and I for sure, can tell that God does perform miracles in our day, because when a group of elders prayed for me one Sunday before I was to have gall bladder surgery the following Monday morning. Either I or someone actually touched God, I fell slain in the spirit. The following morning before surgery the Dr. took a final x-ray. To his surprise the gall stones were completely gone. Praise God, he had healed me by removing the gall stones.

I find no indication in scripture that God will stop doing miracles as long as there is faith in the world.

In the New Testament we see that the Apostles were witnessing and performing miracles all the time. Even today God continues to heal people of their illnesses. But, best of all, the Holy Spirit is still convicting people of their sins and they are coming to the faith of Christ.

By believing, praying and asking God for his healing, he provides for us a healing physically and spiritually. Prayer is the most powerful tool for pleading to God for help and as a weapon to ward off evil presence. Remember Christ has defeated Satan, and being followers of Christ we have authority over evil by the power of his word.      

• 3 years later...

Q1. (18:14) How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

Whether providence or miracles it is always the hand of God. While providence is when God orchestrates natural events supernaturally, miracles are when God intervenes natural events supernaturally. God is still in the business of doing miracles and there is no indication in the Scriptures that He has stopped doing miracles. We cannot box God saying that He will do or not do miracles according to our asking. It is His prerogative to do it or not. When He thinks miracles is a necessity He will do it and the glory goes to Him alone.

• 6 months later...

How can we tell if we really believe in God's present willingness to do miracles in our day? Is there any indication in Scripture that God will stop doing miracles? Is there any indication that God continues to do miracles? How can we regain an active faith in the God of miracles?

I believe the way we can tell that we believe in them is through our faith and how we believe in Him. No there is not for it says God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Yes through the salvation of souls and bringing people into ministry like myself to work for Him. The fact that people are continually healed and prayers are answered. By choosing to believing and asking God to help our unbelief.

• 1 year later...

God is still the same today as He was way back in Abraham's day. Daily we see miracles, if we will but open our eyes. The fact of a seed that seems dead, being put in the ground and in time producing a new plant is a miracle. Then there are so many others one can mention  ...   to me all are spectacular. I serve a God of miracles. 

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. 

• 1 year later...

I believe a person can really tell by their actions and what comes out of our mouth about God's faithfulness and love toward us. If a person is truly believing that God still heals today then you will see this respond when they are sick or when others around them are in need of healing. Even if that is not the situation, a person would still say that God heals today even if no one is sick.  

Jesus Christ is the same today as he was yesterday. Just like Jesus was doing miracles back then, people are still being healed and delivered today out of sickness and disease.

Yes there are many examples that I know about from others and in my own personal life that God is still the Healer and The Miracle Worker. Plus like I said earlier Jesus is the same today as he was yesterday. God does not change. He still wants to see his people whole and delivered.

We can regain faith by studying what God's word have to say about miracles. Studying Jesus ministry. By asking God to lead us into Truth concerning his will today in this area because God delights in Truth. He wants his children to operate in truth in order to be blessings to others