JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. El-Olam, the Eternal God

Realizing that God is the Eternal God has affected me in the way that act and do my daily things. It has made me be more honest and my dealing and has me loved more than I did before. I know that these things don’t save me but that I am trying to please God because I do know and trust in Him.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

The realization that the Eternal God, creator of the universe, cares about me and is concerned about my welfare -- spiritually and physically has deeply touched me. 

This awareness has altered the way I live my life in that I seek to honor and recognize Him and follow his leadership and direction in all aspects of my life and relations.  I proclaim His name and seek to glorify Him on a daily basis.  I seek to fellowship with Him as well as worship Him on a daily basis.  I seek a vigorous relationship with Him.

• 2 years later...

How does the realization that God is E-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?  As God was in the past, in the now, and in the future, He will be the same (Heb. 13:8).

Ps. 119:89, For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in Heaven.

Mt. 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

The Eternal God leaves me in awe that He could love even me.  God offers this love to the "whosoever will."

Rev. 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For me it's hard to understand, but His "love" is eternal, and it includes not only me but "whosoever will."

How does it alter the way you live your life?  In my life, probably not as it should be.  He loved me so much that He died on the Cross for me; now what will I do with that "love"?

Mat. 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, if any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 

• 3 months later...

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

The realization that Abraham called God El-Olam, the eternal God affects me because God has known me before time began and the Father sent His Son to die for me that I may have eternal life with El-Olam.

Realizing that God is eternal, the Alpha and Omega, from everlasting to everlasting causes me to realize that for God I will live my life as a testimony to his being. Knowing the eternal God and his mercy and grace has me knowing that I owe him my sincere praise and worship and to him only.   

• 3 years later...

Abraham realizes that God is the eternal God who lives on forever. Even though he may not see his descendants after his grandsons, God is there to bless his descendants for He ever lives and is the one who inhabits eternity. This same God has reached out to us and befriended us and loves us so much that He was willing to sacrifice His Son to pay the price for the penalty of my sins. He had seen me even before the foundation of the world and He predestined me to adoption to His kingdom, and the privilege to call Him Abba Father. He is the only One who is worthy of all worship and adoration. My life is to be unto Him, to please Him, to love Him and to wait on Him and to behold His beauty and worship Him all the days of my life.

• 3 months later...

The realization that the Eternal God is always with me is causes me to worship Him more. I end up playing worship music and singing to it more and realizing that God is in my praises and also with me as I live, breathe and move daily. It alters my life greatly by causing me to surrender to Him more and also to choose to obey Him more and choose to read more Christian material and also to consider everything I am doing in light of that material as well. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

I cannot conceptualize eternity. It's too much for me. Too big an idea. I'm stuck in time, awakening by the clock,  watching the rising sun, then doing these studies as a part of my morning devotions. I'm very time-bound. So, in the way I live my life, my actual daily existence, God's eternality doesn't impact me much.

Knowing that God has always been and will be, that He's the same God yesterday as today, makes interpreting the stories in the Bible a bit easier, oddly. At one point in my life, I thought that the God in the NT was more gentle and kind than the God of the OT, but eternality and timelessness makes him the same God, then and now. It is wrong to think that our revelation about Him has expanded, so we think differently in the NT times -- no, He's the same then and now. 

Abraham's God is my God. 

• 3 months later...