JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. El-Olam, the Eternal God

It makes one realize while we don't know what the future holds we know the one who holds the future. Everything will one day pass away but God is eternal and will always be.

I live my life working and witnessing for the Lord as if we have eternity to will the loast but I live my spiritual walk in righteouness as if he will return the next moment for this is possible we are that close to the end and no more prophecy has to be met before he returns. I want to be a part of the bride not just get in by a narrow margin for it might not be enough. I want to have a intimate relationship one on one with my Lord, nothing coming between.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help wondering when Abraham realized that he was dealing with El-Olam, Eternal God. My husband says I wonder and question too much. He himself is quite satisfied with what Paul tells him in 1 Corinthians 13. I don't question God. I just like to think about those great people whose lives are depicted in the Bible and try to watch them as they mature in their faith journey. To me, the title El-Olam strengthens my understanding of God as the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The great truths at the very beginning of creation were the same as the truths for today. How awesome!

• 1 year later...

When ever I try to understand the concept of a God who has always been there and will always be here I seem to overload. This is to wonderful for me to comprehend. As a result I am changed, knowing that El Olam has His eye on me and loves me as His own, just as you. I can no longer live for myself. I am His.

• 3 months later...
:P Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, affect you? How does it alter the way you live your life? Just as Abraham was struck with the realization of God's eternity, so we discover that "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). Jesus and his Father are "the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End" (Revelation 1:8, 17-18; 21:6; 22:13). Hallelujah! Nothing could bring more peace in this life on Earth which is full of trials than knowing God is faithful and eternal. The way I live every day is striving to glorify our faithful and eternal God with the joy of knowing I can spend eternity with Him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?

The realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, gives me assurance that He is every where present.

How does it alter the way you live your life?

I can live my life knowing that the sam God who has brought me to this point in my life will be here to take me through eternity. Praise God! Hallelujah!

• 4 weeks later...

It's astonishing that this same God that we worship today is the same God that our great, great, great grand parents worshiped and the same one our great, great, great grandchildren will worship. God never ceases to amazes me. I try to live my life not for myself but for God. Before I start anything I try to always remember to ask God if this is his will and for his protection.

• 2 months later...
Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

I makes me very humble and concious of Gods presence in my life - many times i have gone astray - affected by the **** of the eyes , **** of the flesh and the pride of life - but yet God ha pulled me along - He is rich in love - rich in mercy and ever willing to forget and forgive - He has not dealt with me the way He should , or the way I deserve - a ungrateful , sinful person that I am !!!!!

God , is , after all , in control , of every situation in my life - even when i am down and out and seemingly far away from Him , when i am spiritually downsliding - it is God who always takes the first step in reconciliation !!!!!

• 4 months later...

Q4. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

It awes and amazes me. God is wonderous. To exist in eternity is difficult to wrap your mind around. But it is there. The universe proclaims eternity. I live in the hope of eternity with El-Olam through His Son Jesus Christ.

• 2 months later...

It effect's me in a way that is hard to explain. To know that I have and eternal God that loves me not matter what and I can have a relationship with Him, is just AWESOME. It makes me to want to live my life for my Lord in the very best way I can, by putting Him number one in my life.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be beneficial for us to have place markers where battles have been won in our lives so that we might remember God

• 1 year later...

How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? First of all I find it awe inspiring and it makes me very humble and show great reverence in the presence of the eternal creator of everything. Second though it fills me full of security because I know that this Eternal God cares for me and that one day, I will share that eternity with Him.

How does it alter the way you live your life? It gives me peace, strength and courage whatever is going on around me.

• 2 weeks later...

To know that God, the Eternal God, is my savior, my friend, my provider, the one that lknows me and still loves me, even better than I know myself, He knows the dirt that is still in my heart and He stills cares what happens in my life. He will never leave me or forsake me. WOW! What an AWESOME GOD WE SERVE!

I try to live my life that is pleasing to God. I don't always succeed. I know He is still working on me and I am so thankful that He has not given up on me. HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

It creates within me a security which comes from a base of sincere humility and compassion. How the Great God and creator would even want praise from me.

It has given to me a greater meaning to my life in Christ to walk closer to HIm and seek Him.

• 3 months later...

It increases my faith, and trust in God, I am secure in Him. I think I already knew this, but maybe I had not fully realized it. He is the beginning and the end ,forever and ever. This earth and all its trappings are temporary, my life in Christ is eternal.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (21:33)

How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you?

How does it alter the way you live your life?

The fact that our God is a living Eternal God and not some icon, statue or a dead idol, is the reason for us to worship Him. Also we know He is alive and that He hears and answers prayer. He is in control of the universe/s and preserves and maintains all. Everything was created by Him. All this is reason enough to bow down and serve Him and His Son.

• 3 weeks later...

It is truly difficult to wrap your brain around the total majesty of God. I really do not think we can do more than fathom the Great and Mighty being, God. I can only humbly accept that He cares for all of us on a personal level. I can't help but worship Him, all Truth, all Righteous, all Soviern, all Merciful.

• 1 month later...

How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

Knowing that God is eternal, everlasting to everlasting has given me a hope for all time. The way I live my life makes me want to serve and know Him on a deeper level. I became a Christian and followed in believer's baptism at eight, but that did not mean my life would be with no obstacles. I have had many valleys and heartaches but I can attest that God is always the same no matter what my circumstance. He levs me and forgives me.....and I am anxious to meet Him one day face to face.

• 1 month later...

. (21:33) How does the realization that God is El-Olam, the Eternal God, effect you? How does it alter the way you live your life?

It effects me in that I know He is God for ever and I must serve Him and honor Him, by fellowshipping with Him and with those who live for Him and live a Holy life according to the Word of God.

• 5 months later...

It is awesome to think we serve an eternal God - the One who always was, and is and forever will be! Hallelujah! I heard this illustration many years ago and I don't know where I heard it. Many people like parades and many parades are made up of many sections. There may be a float and then a band and then some costomed characters and etc. As they go by you see that part of the parade, usually only one part at a time. However, as the parade progresses if you get up high enough like in the Goodyear Blimp you could see the whole parade from start to finish at one time. Everything at one glance. That would be awesome.

That is how our God is. He sees the end from the beginning. He can see the beginning of our life and the end of our life in one glance because He is outside time. We, like the parade, can only view what is going on in our life right now but God who is eternal can see our whole life from beginning to end. If He is eternal, and He can see the beginning of our life from the end of our life, don't you think we should be able to trust Him with what he brings into our lives? Maybe He brings something into our lives so we will turn from sin. Or maybe He brings something into our lives to help us become more like Jesus but whatever it is He can see the beginning from the end and designs things in our lives so at the end the final product will be like HIs Son! Hallelujah! We should be able to trust Him and have a security knowing He is in control! Glory to God!

• 3 months later...

It affects me in the way I know El-Olam dealt so faithfully with Abraham as The Eternal God now here He is the Same dealing with lowly me... Even me. I just have to respect that and think twice about the choices I make in life. The things and places I go and do because where-ever I go El-Olam goes with me. Perish the thought, I should go and do something to cause harm to this relationship. A relationship made even more precious because of His faithfulness and in spite of my fleeting faithfulness.

• 2 months later...

Realizing that god is El-Olam, the Eternal God brings a sense of peace and joy knowing that He will always be with me. My life will not alter too much since I have always tried to live in harmony with our Lord through His teachings of peace and love not only of myself but to my fellow man

• 7 months later...

4a)God is the One, Alpha & Omega,the beginning and the ending, with us for eternity,so fact He talks to me, loves me and has drawn me to himself, humbles me. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus is the same yesterday,today and forever. As we are united with Jesus in our baptism & our faith,we unite ourselves with the eternal One. This gives me security,because I know he will always keep His Word &his promises.I have seen in the bible how God keeps his promises. In this eternal life God completes his plan for us John 3:16.

B)Knowing God is,was and always will be reassures me, and gives me great peace &inner joy. He loves me,cares about me is patient and merciful,sets me straight if go astray,is forgiving&guides me in right path. God works all things for good, and does bring blessings out of difficult times, United with him,I have a constant friend to guide me in making the right choices. As I listen to him, he can use even me to fulfil his purposes.

• 9 months later...

God is humbling me; sometimes it is painful. I have been inflexible, and stubborn; but He made me this way, He knew how I'd react to many different situations

I need to trust God more and more, and avoid mistakes that I made by going too fast, very often. Missing signs from people, I could go on and one. But God will give me another chance to glorify Him better than I have in the past. It is so great how he has saved me and loves me.

He is the pearl that we all will seek as we get to know him better and better. The is no one like HIM. Why not adore Him more as He opens our eyes to His great love for all humans!

• 4 months later...