JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Doublemindedness

How do trials help cure us of doublemindedness? Trials that we go through put our sins right in front of us. When that happends and we realize that WE cannot fix the problem and give the trial to God completly. Then as christians can we grow up to be spiritualy mature and become single minded.

How do trials help us grow in faith? You really do not understand the concept of faith until you go through a life changing trial. When you do you grow in faith with leaps and bounds. You understand that the only one who can fight satan and win is God. You learn to have faith and give all the trials to God and he will forgive you and give you peace while the fight is going on and forever. I know I just had a battle with satan when I finally realized I cannot fight satan and gave all my problems, sins(like hate, fear, anger, unforgiving heart. I didn't realize I had not given these sins over completly untill they came tumbling down on me. )over to God without holding on even a little. I learned all about faith. I stopped thinking I and started thinking God!!! :rolleyes::D

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belair14

Question 3 James 1. 5-8

How do trials help us of doubleblindedness,

How do trials help us grow in Faith

It is for sure we all lack wisdom in our living,and God has

provided trials in our lives , to help us to understand , what is right and what is wrong, when we do something wrong we find out it is not rewarding ,and is uncomfortable in our lives.

If we look to God ,and trust his word ,we will find His way to be rewarding ,in that we feel better about ourselves,and others too.

It is so easy to trust in God , Just ask Him to take care of you , and Faith ,Wisdom, Love and Salvation will follow,

I have such love for god ,nothing is going to turn me away.

(1:5-8) How do trials help cure us of "doublemindedness"? How do trials help us grow in faith?

Trials are the opportunity to put our faith to the test. I think there are times in my own life that I have tried to take control, and the trials get even worse. Trials show us who we should trust in. We need to keep our eyes on God.

Trials will help us grow in our faith if we walk our talk. I know that when God has brought me through trials, I have a even deeper faith. It is a way of making your faith a knowing. There comes a time that we know that God is in control and we know that He will bring us through this also. This too soon will end.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1:5-8) How do trials help cure us of "doublemindedness"?

Trials will help us to stand and to be stable. A doubleminded person is unstable in all their ways. When we have already faced something it is easy to stand back and know that when it comes at us again Jesus is there to help us to make it through. Just as he always has he is faithful and true and he is our friend.

How do trials help us grow in faith?

When you go through a trial your faith grows because you know then that you can make it with the help of Jesus and it proves to us that he will never leave us or forsake us. Jesus is a friend a true friend one that sticks closer than a brother. He is with us always even unto the end. Thank you Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (1:5-8) How do trials help cure us of "doublemindedness"? How do trials help us grow in faith?

When trials come we may be tempted to handle them our own way. Trials help us to face the areas in our life where we are weak. They help us to overcome sin in our lives. God helps us to break the hold sin has in our life through trials and allowing God to show us His way to handle them

• 3 weeks later...

IN THIS LIFE YOU WILL HAVE TRIALS, BUT CHEER UP FOR I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD, JESUS SAID. JAMES SAYS A DOUBLE MINDED MAN IS UNSTABLE IN ALL HIS WAYS AND SHALL RECEIVE NOTHING FROM THE LORD. IF WE'RE DOUBLE MINDED THEN WHEN WE GO THROUGH TRIALS WE DONT REALLY GO TO GOD IN FAITH BELIEVING FOR THE WISDOM TO KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH THE PROBLEMS. TRIALS HAVE HELPED ME TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CHARACTER OF GOD THROUGH PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE.THE MORE I LEARN THAT I CAN RELY ON HIM BECAUSE HE'S STABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY; THE MORE I LEAN ON HIM AND DRAW CLOSE TO HIM , THE MORE DOUBLE MINDEDNESS AND DOUBT HAS TO FLEE FROM ME. THEREFORE THE MORE MY MIND IS STAYED ON HIM OR FIXED ON HIM, THE MORE PEACE I HAVE AND LESS WAVERING.

TRIALS HAVE HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY IN MY FAITH WALK WITH THE LORD IN THAT IT HAS HELPED ME TO GROW AS A CHRISTIAN. MY FAITH HAS BEEN MANY TIMES TESTED AND TRIED BUT THE LORD HAS ALWAYS GIVEN ME THE STRENGTH TO OVERCOME.I CAN HONESTLY SAY MY FAITH HAS BEEN STRETCHED TO A LEVEL I DID NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT. I'VE HAD TO LEARN TO SUBMIT TO GOD, RELY ON HM MORE AND MORE, AND DEPEND ON HIM FOR EVERYTHING. THAT WAS THE HARDEST THING IN THE WORLD FOR ME TO DO; TO GIVE UP CONTROL. BUT I'M LEARNING THE MORE I YIELD AND SURRENDER TO HIM , THE MORE I TRUST HIM WITH MY VERY LIFE AND ALL THE TRIALS I'VE HAD TO GO THROUGH, THE MORE I REALISE THAT HE IS A VERY PRESENT HELP IN TIMES OF TROUBLE. TRULY A FRIEND THAT STICKETH CLOSER THAN A BROTHER.........GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

They cure us by focussing the mind wonderfully as I have recently found out, on the things of God, and what needs to be repented of in our lives. Thanks be to God. Trials build up our faith in the Lord.

They focus our minds on God alone. They help us to grow in faith by increasing our dependence on the Lord. When we see the Lord act then our faith can only be increased.

Q3. (1:5-8) How do trials help cure us of "doublemindedness"? How do trials help us grow in faith?

Trials help get us out of our comfort zones and make us realize we must make a choice. Sometimes we get too comfortable in "our own lives" we leave no room for God to work. We must surrender to Him for order to take place in our lives. God's way or our way is the choice and too many times we find ourselves choosing the "low road" and finding our lives falling into the ditches of life when all we had to do was take the high road which includes the best guide possible, The Holy Spirit. Trials help us decide where God fits into our lives and what path we should take.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are filled with the Holy spirit you shouldn't be double minded. :unsure:

When The Lord has bought you though a trial you know with out a shadow of doubt that that he will never leave us or forsake us. :lol:

We go through trials so that we will be stronger in our walk with the Lord, once we go through a trial and come out the other side we will then be able to help some one else. :D

Jesus loves us so much that He want's us to mature: and trials should help us to mature.

Thank you Jesus, :D

• 3 weeks later...

I think that double mindedness occurs when we have not sacrificed the "old man" recently. Sin in our lives and sinful thoughts will continue to plague us in this fallen world. When we take our eyes off the saviour and serve ourselves our other mind logs in for its two cents worth. Our faith, grounding in scriptures often determines how much attention we pay to this other mind.....and still we fail. But thankfully we have a loving forgiving father who picks us up again and again until we join him in perfection in heaven.

I call doublemindedness as someone who wants the world and heaven. They cannot "straddle " the fence

just be on one side or the other. The trials help us to set on minds on things above. Trials help

to stay focused on Jesus Christ.

• 5 weeks later...

I believe the cure for doublemindedness would be total surrender--of the sin--of our will. Surrender, submission to God; repentance. Growth teaches dependence on God and not ourselves.

Being doubleminded is a struggle, in that we know what God desires and in these fraile human bodies, we struggle to release control of our own lives totally to Him; maybe it's pride, maybe fear is the issue, and maybe it's patience--or should I say impatience.... Whatever the issue is for each of us individually, when we fail the test in seeking His will first, we have the assurance that when we go before Him in sincere humility, with confession of our sin, He is just and righteous to forgive us.

Praise Him for His love and faithfulness to forgive our weaknesses.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Double-mindedness is a constant struggle between the flesh and the spirit and I don't believe any of us will be 'cured' of this during our life on earth.

Trials help us because during times of trouble we do tend to turn to God and hopefully we will make the right choices with God's Spirit in control. This perseverance and commitment to God which helps us come through our trials strengthens our faith and continues to mature us as Christians.

God bless,

John.

Q3. (1:5-8) How do trials help cure us of "doublemindedness"?

Trials help us to clarify our sins, when our backs are up against the wall our sins are exposed. Once our sins are clear we can then ask for forgivness and clear our path to God

How do trials help us grow in faith?

Trails help us identify what sins we might have that are preventing us from hearing the wisdom of God. When these sins are exposed and we ask for forgivness we are then closer to God and our faith is strengthened.

• 1 month later...

To me the "doublemindedness" made me think of when I sort of half-heartedly pray about something, but press on with whatever I think will be the best solution. So hopefully new trials will help me pray and seek God's help first instead of as an afterthought, or as a way to "cover the bases", (but not really expecting any real answer).

For me it is often after the trial that my faith grows the most....when I have the realization that God delivered me from the trial and I can see his hand in all that happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Trials help us to truly come before the Lord.James tells us that "we are unstable inall our ways". Apart from God we are unstable and "double minded", but if we come before the Lord and ask for His wisdom in our trials we will not falter. This takes alot of faith.

• 3 weeks later...

They help through helping us see our sins, and through repentance we then move on in Christ growing closer to His imagine and being more faithful and single minded in our love.

As the trials come and we overcome, we rely more on God to see us through, through the promises granted to us in the Word!

Angie

• 3 weeks later...

As far as double-mindedness goes, I'll have to say I find myself guilty at times. While I'm going through a trail by first reaction is panic and then I get a reminder in my heart from the Holy Spirit that I have a strength far beyond my understanding to help me through all things.