JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q27. Christ's Return

What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

We can become jaded. We can figure He's not coming anytime soon, at least not during our lifetime,therefore we can become more involved with the world,the flesh,and the devil.

Why is patience so vital?

We need to accept that fact that God has His own timetable.

We can't hurry God. Jesus will return when He is ready and not a moment too soon nor one minute too late.

Patience is important in order to keep our focus on what is important.

We need to eagerly wait for Christ's return,yet at the same time we need to do what we can to bring as many people into the kingdom as possible before that day.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will not be ready. Patience is vital so we have time to prepare, to till our soul, to water our growth, and when our time to gather in our ssspiritual or heavenly harvest we will be ready. God will come to us when he knows we are ready to gather or harvest his love. God most have wonderful patience and love for us mortals hereon earth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

James admonishes, "Be patient. . . until the coming of the Lord". Realize that you do not have any power or authority to "get even" with anyone who has harmed you. Our responsibility is to forgive them. The Lord will deal with the matter in righteousness when He returns. Don't moan and groan silently against one another. The secret grudge that groans and murmurs will eventually act itself out verbally, or behaviorally. We must show the same long-suffering patience toward men as God has demonstrated toward us. The suffering Christian must not engage in tit-for-tat recrimination. The temptation to lose patience may lead to impatience which gives rise to vindictiveness and despair.

• 3 months later...

IF WE LACK THE PATIENCE TO EAGERLY EXPECT CHRIST'S RETURN THEN WE LOSE THE PASSION AND THE ZEAL THAT WE ONCE HAD FOR DOING THE THINGS OF GOD.MANY TIMES I HAVE BEEN IMPATIENT AND WANTED THE LORD TO RETURN NOW BUT THEN I'D THINK ABOUT MY UNSAVED FAMILY MEMBERS OR FRIENDS AND THE LOST SOULS AROUND THE WORLD AND I'D SAY TO THE LORD I'LL GLADLY WAIT.THIS IS WHEN I REALISE HOW VITAL PATIENCE IS. HE WAS VERY PATIENT WITH ME UNTIL I GOT SAVED IN MY THIRTIES. NOW I MUST BE PATIENT AND ALLOW HIM TO BRING THE REST OF HIS SHEEP INTO THE FOLD.......GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

At the end of the day we do not know the day or the hour of christ's return, but we know that he will return one day. If we get set on a particular date, we may become disappointed and impatient and also discouraged. All these feelings can lead to doubt also. And we may start to fall away from the Faith.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

If we, as Christians, lack patience in waiting for the return of our Savior we will fail. Romans 5:1-4 says quite simply that patience is an element that gives us hope and is the necessary key to the experience we need to build our hope upon. Without hope, we are lost.

• 2 months later...
Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return? Why is patience so vital?

If we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return, we will become discouraged and disheartened. This will in time lead to a lack of faith, which leads to unbelief, and will in turn lead us into sin.

If we can learn patience we will not become so easily discouraged but will rest in the knowledge that IN DUE TIME God will move.

Just as our ways are not His ways neither is our time His time. Instead of becoming discouraged at His return seemingly being delayed, we should look at it as a new opportunity for another soul to be saved and for us to continue to lead the lost to Christ.

• 2 months later...

This says it so well....

If we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return, we will become discouraged and disheartened. This will in time lead to a lack of faith, which leads to unbelief, and will in turn lead us into sin.

If we can learn patience we will not become so easily discouraged but will rest in the knowledge that IN DUE TIME God will move.

Just as our ways are not His ways neither is our time His time. Instead of becoming discouraged at His return seemingly being delayed, we should look at it as a new opportunity for another soul to be saved and for us to continue to lead the lost to Christ.

• 1 month later...
Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return? Why is patience so vital?
We will stand to miss the coming of our Lord. Being possessed by the world's attractions will unable to recognize the signs of His coming. We will be encumbered with what the world around us that holds our everydat business. God requires us to wait with an expectant spirit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

If Christians lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return the may find themselves like the five foolish maids who ended up being complacent and missed the arrival of the bridegroom.

Patience is vital because it build up our faith and allows us to wait on God's timing and not be rushing into everything.

• 2 months later...

When we lack the patience of eagerly expecting Jesus' return we get can sloppy and lose the sense of urgency in developing our spiritual lives and serving the Lord.

Patience is vital for us because all things come to pass according to God's plan and will.

• 4 months later...

If we dont have the knowledge that Jesus could return any time in the back of our minds, life could become oppressive. It helps us keep things in perspective, and take hold of the bigger picture spiritually and here on earth. Also we could be "caught Napping". It is easy to get sloppy in our Christian walk.

Paatience is vital because if we are not patient we become uneasy and edgy in our minds. Going back to the beginning of this study passage, we need to keep focussed on God and know that we are never truly in control of our lives. We are completely dependent on His goodness and mercy towards us in Jesus Christ. By getting impatient that Jesus has not returned, we can miss all the good things He has for us.

• 3 weeks later...

If we lack patience, it shows that our growth in the Holy Spirit is not yet fully mature, for nHe nworks patience in us. Lacking patience may mean that we waver in our faith, we don't stay alert and we don't look out for the signs of the end times, because we may become complacent.

Patience is vital because it brings us our reward, the second coming of Jesus. Patience allows us to prepare ourselves for this event and not to be found wanting and idle when Jesus returns.

• 2 months later...

We christians are expected to wait for the second coming of the Lord with patience and if we fail to do that our purpose of life is lost so is every thing that we belive and affirm...The hope profesied through out the ages will lose its meaning if we lose our patience..

Patience is so vital as it gives us the strength to pull through at the face of trials and problems and we are not patient enough we will give in to the tenptation and fall prey to the devil.

• 11 months later...

Q3. (5:7-8)

What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

James tells us to be patient and to stand firm knowing that our Lord is coming back. We, of course, do not know when that will be, but while we are waiting, doubt and distraction often enter our lives. It is for this reason, that we are to stand firm in the knowledge that our Lord will in due time fulfil the promises He made to us. We are reminded of our Lord's imminent return so that we do not lose heart in difficult circumstances. We note that patience is a virtue; because we live in a society that endorses the word instant. But to be patient, is much more than just waiting for the time to pass. We have to be patient in enduring bad and oppressive conduct, as well as controlling our anger. It is the opposite of being short-tempered. We see that God displays patience by being

• 2 months later...

When we lack patience for Christ's return, we can easily give up and turn away to other desires we had before were saved. We must stand firm for the time when He returns. The Bible tells us He will return and that should settle it. If Jesus said it I believe it, it's good enough for me. If it's written in the Bible for all the world to see I believe it. Psalm 37:7(NKJ) tells us, Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him. Psalm 37:8b(NKJ) tells us, Do not fret------it only causes harm.

Patience is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. We must be patient and stand firm to be ready for His return. He is coming for His bride and we must be prepared for His return.

If we lack patience we could loose our faith, trust, belief start to wander away from the truth. Still call ourselves christians but actually would be living a life for ourselves. Patience is vital for our walk with the Lord. In patience we establish our hearts so that we can stand up to what is given us. In Matthew 5 vs 1-12 Jesus teaches of the beatitudes, I think to be any one of them you would have to be patient. In Proverbs 14 vs 14 the bible says: The faithless will be fully repaid for thier ways, and the good man rewarded for his. So if we stand fast we will reap our rewards when Christ comes . :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

James tells us to be patient for the Lord's coming. The purpose of the scripture is to get us ready for his return. We should live in both the now and for the day when Christ will return. If we lack such patience we may not keep in a state of readiness and be overtaken by evil.

The example given in the lesson had to do with planting and harvesting. I don't know much about harvesting. However, the lesson indicates that farmers plant at the right season and wait for the plants to be ready for harvest. They are patient and yet ready to harvest the plants at the right time. If they wait and are not ready to harvest, the things planted could be lost forever.

The lesson also provide an example of what patience is in terms of a battle. That I understood better. A soldier does not "wait". A soldier must be ready! Ready for the enemy that might attack. This makes patience a vital and active term. One in the now, must be doing something actively, not just "waiting" and doing nothing.

Christians must stand firm, have a long term view, and keep themselves in a state of readiness for the return of our Lord and Savior Jesus.

• 1 month later...

God is expecting me to see the need today of others with the eyes of His heart and His love. He teaches me to trust His love as the guide post for taking the next step, each and every step.

he will reward me with something that is good for my heart, if I continue to feel the path that is following His commands, to love all and serve all.

It is imperative that I trust His, and be patient, he will lead me to the secret desire of my heart, only if it is pure and good, and self-less.

Showing love without expecting anything in return.

Lord please give me the wisdom and patience to see Your right path, and i ask You to help me walk in Your way in all that I do. May it lead me to what I want, to help heal others, and help them grow. I trust Lord that you will give me all I need today, and I will walk with strong emotional health to see how to serve others. In Your blessed name only dear Jesus. Amen

• 4 months later...

When we are lack of patience, we begin to doubt about the appointment. Then we will feel very disappointed. Finally we will give up.

Patience is very essential in expecting Christ's return. Patience shows proof of our belief. Besides, it helps us to be consistence in our preparation and watchfulness in our godly lives so that we will not be ashamed before God if we depart from this world before Christ's return. As it is written that the righteous lives by faith.

Hope and faith can be life changing if we keep our eyes on Jesus. Hey this is God's timeline not ours. Our patience is vital so that we keep our focus on Jesus.

• 11 months later...

Answer:

1 What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

1.We become engrossed in the cares of this world,..that can cause a Hardened Heart,which will leads to UNBELIEF.

Mark 16:14 -Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

And this unbelief will sometimes lead them to go astray,not on the Word of God:

Hebrews 3:12 -Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

2. Why is patience so vital?

Through patience,we endures..When we endures,it means we believe..we believe on the Truth..that He is coming the second time