JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

What does grumbling and complaining say about us? about our faith?

about our patience?

Grumbling and complaining tell us that we are discontent with the

way God has ordered our lives. It further spells out that we are

still operating in the flesh, with a desire to fullfill the desires of the

flesh and the mind. Thus , leaving a lot of pruning to be done in our

lives.

It tells us that our faith is wavering, and that we are not really taking

the Word of God as our final authority.

Re; patience: It tells us that the fruit of the Spirit in lacking in our

spiritual lives and we are not patient to the point in bringing perfection into our walk.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does our grumbling and complaining say about us?

It shows we are impatient and not content.

It shows we are being contolled by our flesh rather than letting our spirit have control.

About our faith?

It shows a lack of trust in God.

In essence,we are blaming God for the situation or problem.

About our patience?

It shows we aren't willing to wait upon the Lord's timing.

We need to pray,then patiently trust Him to work out our problem.

We are a very unsatisfied and impatient people.

Our faith is very shallow and me orientedIt is easier to complain than to do something about it. Someone else will do it.

Our patience is very short! To grow in our faith we must have patience. God is listening to us and will answer us in his time, and not aalways as we wish. Thank you, Lord for aways being there for me in good times and in bad. Amen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

MOST OF THE TIMES WHEN I GRUMBLE AND COMPLAIN IT'S BECAUSE I'M DISPLEASED WITH MY LIFE, SPOUSE, CHILD..ETC.IT SAYS TO ME THAT I'M NOT TRUSTING IN GOD'S ABILITY TO DELIVER ME OR IN HIS ABILITY TO CHANGE THE SITUATION. SO I'M NOT REJOICING OR GIVING THANKS IN THAT SITUATION BECAUSE I'M EITHER BLAMING GOD OR ANGRY AT HIM FOR ALLOWING THE CHALLENGES.MY FAITH HAS BEEN TESTED SO MANY TIMES NOW THAT I'M WILLING TO LET THE LORD LEAD ME.I FIND THAT WHEN I PRAISE AND WORSHIP HIM THROUGH THE TRIALS I'M ABLE TO MAINTAIN JOY DESPITE THE MAGNITUDE OF THE TRIALS.WHEN JOY COMES IN, COMPLAINING GOES OUT.!!!

GRUMBLING AND COMPLAINING SAYS THAT I'M PUTTING MY FAITH IN THE WRONG PLACE; WHICH IS IN MY OWN ABILITIES AND WHEN I CANT SEE THE WAY OUT I SOMETIMES PANIC BECAUSE I THINK IF I CANT FIX IT, HOW IS IT GOING TO BE FIXED.IT SHOWS I'M LACKING IN FAITH BECAUSE IF I EVER TRULY BELIEVED GOD AND TOOK HIM AT HIS WORD, I'D BE ABLE TO MOVE MOUNTAINS FOR HIS GLORY.

GRUMBLING AND COMPLAINING SHOWS LACK OF PATIENCE. THE BOOK OF ECCLESTIASES SAYS IN HIS TIMING HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL.I GOT SAVED AND BORN AGAIN IN HIS TIMING FOR ME; HE KNEW WHEN MY HEART WAS READY TO TURN TO HIM.SO LIKEWISE I KNOW IN HIS TIMING MY SPOUSE AND LOVED ONES WILL BE SAVED BECAUSE HE PROMISES TO SAVE THE HOUSEHOLD..ACTS 16:31.I DO GET IMPATIENT WHERE SALVATION IS CONCERNED BUT I KEEP HOLDING ON TO HIS PROMISES. I'M LEARNING PATIENCE.......GOD BLESS....

• 1 month later...

Grumbling and complaining mean that we are not completely trusting the Lord to bring about His purposes in any given situation. Part of our problem is that we live in an "instant society"; instant food, instant news, etc, and we can be tempted to want an instant God also.

• 4 weeks later...

Our grumbling and complaining reflect our impatience, it also shows that we are not at peace and have internal frustration that needs to be dealt with. :(

We also become dangerously close to blameing God, which is not good.

JESUS HELP US TO BE A PEOPLE OF PATIENCE AND AT PEACE WITH OURSELVES, AND TO KEEP OUR EYES FIRMLY ON YOU, AMEN. :wub:

• 11 months later...

I believe that grumbling and complaining tells that we are proud and selfish, which is the opposite of what we are supposed to be, humble and giving of our love.

Obviously, there is little faith, as faith knows that God will supply our every need and that is what is best for us.

Impatience illustrates spiritual immaturity, a stunted Christian, someone who cannot go through the fire while trusting in the Lord.

• 2 months later...
Q4. (5:9) What does our grumbling and complaining say about us? About our faith? About our patience?

Well said Pastor Ralph!! If we are complaining about everything then we are blaming God for the situation. Well said!!

Our grumbling and complaining says that we are a self minded people and we have no faith or trust in the God whom we say we love and serve.

As far as our faith and patience are concerned - we who grumble and complain have none. We are immature and are in need of repentance and growth. This ****** me deeply. Although I know better I am guilty of falling into the very trap that I myself have taught against. Whatsoever things are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, are of a good report.... If there be any praise or any virtue think on these things. Philippians 4:8. If we think and discipline our minds to meditate on all the good that God has done in our lives, we will find we have nothing to complain about ! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Q4. (5:9) What does our grumbling and complaining say about us? About our faith? About our patience?
Grumbling against believers and unbelevers shows lackng patience and understanding. Our faith becomes weakened and sraws away from our Lord. The more we grumbl shows la ck of prayer and being in the Word on a daily basis. It should not be a part of a believers life, it detracts from his or her witness. Soon there is a falling away from the Lord. We become possessed with our own grumbling that we overlook the patiece and the necessity for looking for the coming of our Lord.

• 4 weeks later...

1) Grumbling and complaining shows that we are impatient, discontent and not happy with life.

2) People who complain and grumble all the time shows a lack of faith or very weak in faith.

3) Grumbling and complaining shows a lack of patience.

Grumbling and complaining all the time shows that one needs to seek God and study God's word.

A closer relationship with God will most certainly improve your faith in turn one will have more patience with the things of life.

• 1 month later...

Our grumbling and complaining is against God himself. It says that we are impatient and that our faith is not where it should be. It says that we are no better than the Children of Israel and if it persist we will receive the judgment of God.

• 2 months later...

Our grumbling and complaining indicates that we lack faith in our God. We are not permitting God to be our God. Faith and patience go hand in glove in our relationship with God. As God works out His will in our life, we do not see or know what He sees and knows. Therefore, we need to trust in Him.

• 4 months later...

Sometimes when people grumble at me about things I will try to offer a solution, suggesting what they can do to change their situation; this often has the effect of them looking at the ceiling and assuming that I dont care. When we grumble about our circumstances and refuse to do anything about it ourselves then we are not taking the opportunities God is giving us. We miss out on what He has for us.

Sometimes when we grumble we are trying to get people to feel sorry for us, perhaps we need to get into God's presence and get Him to fill those gaps in our hearts that are, perhaps, needing a bit more TLC. Rather than grumbling, we should be honest about any bad feelings we have and open ourselves up to how much He loves us, instead of draining and manipulating people to fill our need.

Sometimes it just takes a great effort and "positive stubborness" to be thankful for all that God has done, whatever the circumstances. To rejoice in the Lord always. Even if we are in difficult times, we have been saved from hell for eternity, and that is just the beginning.

When we grumble and complain our faith is wrecked, because what we are really saying is that God doesn't care and isn't doing His job properly. Our patience can run out in tough situations, but if we let this happen we can often make ourselves feel worse. If we forget that God is in charge of our lives, we may not wait for Him to see things through for us.

When we grumble about stuff, God must feel like a father who has spent all his money on a precious gift for his child and the child just trashes it in front of him. God gave us His most precious gift and nothing should stop us thanking Him for Jesus!

• 3 weeks later...

When we grumble and complain, it shows impatience, discontent and selfishness, because everything is about "us." When we grumble about people we are complaining about God. Being patient glorifies God, being impatient does not. It also shows that our faith is weak and satan can get through to our weak spot and bring us down eve3n further.

• 2 months later...

Our grumbling and complaining makes us persons of this world and not of God..

It shows us to be weak in our faith in that in grumbling we express that we are not faithful enough towards the provider of all things..

It also shows that we are not patient at all in that we will not complain about something if we have the patience enough to wait for that thing to the end..

• 11 months later...

Q4. (5:9)

What does our grumbling and complaining say about us?

About our faith?

About our patience?

While we are groaning and grumbling we cannot be joyful and thankful. Even though at times we might find ourselves in difficult circumstances; when we start complaining we can easily fall into sin. We start accusing God, perhaps indirectly, for the misfortunes we receive. We find fault with our fellow Believers, blaming them for our troubles; this causes friction and also makes us judge them unjustly, which is contrary to the royal law of love. Instead we should trust our Lord completely, knowing that He is in control and that we should acknowledge the fact that He is the sustainer of the universe. If God is for us, who can be against us?

• 2 months later...

When we grumble and complain, we think everyone has to do things to please us. There are always going to be people that rub us the wrong way, but that's when we should pray for God to change our outlook and have compassoin on others. It may not be the other person, it may be that we need to have God change us. We don't know what others are going through. God made all of us in His image so why do we think we have the right to grumble and complain about other people? That is dishonoring God.

It doesn't say too much about our faith when we complain all the time. Faith without action (compassion, caring, helping, praying, serving, etc.)is dead. There"s an old saying , "Actions speak louder than words. If we say we are Christians let's act like it. It's not always our words that hurt others, but sometmes our actions. We must learn to be quiet and seek God's face.

Patience is a must. Sometimes not so easy to come by. With our grumbling and complaining, the only thing that shows is out impatience. It is not of God. Look how patient God is with us. Impatience only shows that we can not trust what God has in store for us or that He is in control. We want everything now. The suffering of Job is a good example of pure faith. He trusted God with all his heart.

It says that we are discontent dissatisfied perhaps unsure of what is happening. It shows that things are not happening the way we want them to.Chances are that if we are complaining we have stepped away from our faith, we are trying to live life our own way by ourselves, wanting to be in command. If we are like that then our faith is weak and has been put behind us. Without faith our patience disappears for they work together. To have faith we need patience but to achieve patience we need faith.

• 1 month later...

Grumbling and complaining shows signs of discontent not just toward our situation, but towards God.

We can look at the Israelites after they left Egypt. They would have a problem and grumble, and God would provide, and they would have a new problem and grumble, and God would provide.

Grumbling and complaining shows signs of lack of trust -- no faith in God who has control of our well being.

Again we can look at the Israelites after they left Egypt. They would have a problem and grumble, and God would provide, and they would have a new problem and grumble, and God would provide.

Grumbling and complaining shows signs of impatience, we want rewards RIGHT now.

And yet again we can look at the Israelites after they left Egypt. They would have a problem and grumble, and God would provide, and they would have a new problem and grumble, and God would provide.

Grumbling and complaining shows lack of gratefulness for what God has and is doing for us in our lives.

Often we are not seeing what God IS doing for us. We are being self-centered and desirous. We are not grateful. We are living in a state of impatience and ungratefulness. We are really no different from the Israelites after they left Egypt.

• 1 month later...

When I have lost my way with the Lord, in minutes or hours I develop a discontented heart and spirit, ungrateful of what I have righ tnow being sufficient. this simply a bad attitude. I need work on avoid ing these moment that lead to longer periods of not being content in the present

Faith is accepting what I have right now, and believing God will grant what is good vs. what "we/i think i need/want."

We want faith to be the tool that gives us everything we want rather than the gift that God gives us. Only He knows the best path/way which is to see what others need and help them get it.

Patience is seeing with the eyes of our heart. Then we can serve. If it is in business, we will be rewarded, what ever context of life, seeing JOY, jesus, Others, Yourself, this will lead to satisfaction and even monetary success.

May God show me in others the JOY of working for Him, every moment that I can. In Jesus name, Amen.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...