JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, My name is Michelle and this is my first online Bible study. I also do a Bible study with a group of friends from my childrens school but these studies lately have been more on social or life issues and not scripture based. I was searching for something more from the Bible and found this from an old friend. I am excited to get started and look forward to hearing what God has for me to learn about His word. :)

Hi!

I am from the beautiful state of Tennessee in the US. I am, as you may have surmised, a grandmother. That is my greatest role. I am retired from a Human Resources position in a local hospital. I have served as a teacher in my Assembly of God Church for about twelve years and am presently the Christian Education Director. Right now I am taking time off from teaching to be involved as a student not only here but in my church. Our church recently began having cell groups and I am in training to be a cell group leader. I'm already in a cell and we are studying The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. It is an awesome book!

I have been involved in other studies with Brother Ralph and I have also used his material (with his permission) for some of my Sunday School Classes. He is an awesome teacher and leader and I have enjoyed every study I have ever done.

The Lord has been so good to me. He has allowed me to do things I never thought I would be capable of doing. Like so many others have said, I have felt the Lord drawing me to know more of His Word and be closer to Him for the last year and I think this is one of the best ways to do that, studying His Word in depth. As you may have determined, I am inclined to be "wordy" and I will try to watch that in the future. I have enjoyed all of your posts and I am amazed at the places that are represented in this study.

Hello,

My name is Eric. I was raised Luthern, but now I am a member of the Christian Reformed Church. I have been a Christian for over 30 years.

After years of back sliding I was called back to God. I am now preparing to go back to school to study the Bible and then Theology.

I am from Washington state.

Yours in Christ,

Eric

Hello Family,

My name is Donna, I live in Jersey City, NJ and this is my first time in the forums, tho I have studied with Joyful Heart before.

I'm getting started a bit late as I had some computer problems but I will catch up quickly. Philippians is one of my favorite Pauline writings. I look forward to hearing others views and sharing my own.

Yours in Christ,

Donna C

http://abidingways.org (My personal ministry site-up but not yet running the race)

:blink: Hello! Yes, I am a newbie. My very first Bible study with Joyful Hearts. Hopefully not my last.

I am from Tennessee USA.

I have been a Christian for a long time; but . . . like many of you, it was not until the last five years that I began to develop some good study habits and found a deep thirst and hunger for the Word of God.

I look forward to studying Philippians with you all.

May God Bless our endeavors to learn more about Him.

Vickie

Hello everyone. My name is Felipe from Hollister, CA USA. This is my first time studying on line and hope to be truly blessed by this study. I currently attend a non-denominational church and have been serving the Lord for about 6 years now. I pray that God would bless everyone with this study and also everyone we touch through this study. And I pray that God would open our hearts and minds to His wonderful words so we can glorify Him as we go and make disciples of all nations. In Jesus name. Amen.

• 3 weeks later...

Peace to you. My name is Renato Opena and my friends call me Rene. I'm 45 years old, married to one wife for 23 years already (and we're praying to remain that way for ever) with three children. For more than 20 years now, ny family and I are pursuing that one passion "to do His will" by "introducing people to Christ to whoever and wherever". We pray to "change the world one soul at a time." I pray to learn more through the Joyful Heart Ministries. God bless you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Sandie, I live in Enid OKla. I have been a christian for 13 years, and I do volunteer ministry at our county jail, and mentor christian women coming out of prison. I attend a great little non-denominational church, and I love the LORD!! This is my second Joyful Heart study, and I am looking forward to participating in it with all of you!! May we all learn and grow in our relationship with Jesus Christ, TOGETHER!!

• 2 weeks later...

This will be my first lesson with Joyful Heart bible study. I'm looking forward to learning my first lesson on Disciple lessons from Philippians. I'm so eager to learn all I can about our Lord Jesus Christ.

I'm from Oklahoma! I was saved in my teenage years, but fell out of fellowship over the years. I've repented and have been studing and learning for the past 2 years. I belong to the Frist christain church. We have a wonderful church family. To whom I am most thankful for.

Hello everyone!

It's a been a while since I have studied one entire book of the Bible in order to get it's full message. I tend to randomly flip back and forth grabbing a few verses here and there and feel absolutely empty as a result. I was so delighted to find this study as I was surfing the web.

The last entire book of the Bible I studied in depth was Galations and it was life changing. I went from being a people-pleasing, overly busy "Super Christian", to one who now understands that the voice of God is quiet and one that I must get away from busyness in order to hear.

I now joyfully anticipate some life changes as I delve into the book of Philippians with the rest of you. May we all be made more like Him as we study and pray together.

Oh yes, I live in Oshawa, Ontario... Canada and have two beautiful children. I am a single mom. I consider myself to be non-denominational, but attend a Baptist church nearby. I have a passion for seeing the various races and ethnicities in the church come together much closer in their fellowship and experience of God.

In Christ,

Cheryl :blink:

Hello everyone,

I'm Scott Montgomery, currently residing near Baltimore, Maryland, because I'm stationed at Fort Meade, Maryland, with the US Army. I was born and raised in a small town in upstate New York. This week I "celebrated" 30 years of active duty service in the Army.

I've been a Christian since my early teens and I've attended Baptist churches (or military chapels) all my life.

I'm very excited to learn more about Philippians with all of you!

Scott Montgomery

Hi, My name is Melissa and I live in a small town in NZ. I am very late to this study but enjoying reading the comments from others. I am a busy mum with two preschoolers, leading a women's bible study and teaching 3-4 year olds at Children's church. God has been challenging me to study his word more indepth this year so I see this as a step forward in that direction,

God bless you all,

Mel

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have participated in other studies and have enjoyed them very much. I live in S. Ca. and am in the process of moving after 23 years in the same community and home.

Hope to be able to push all the way through on this study

blessings

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello - this is 5stones - also known as Paul - I am excited to find this web site and Bible study. I am retired from the military and currently teach college computer classes. I am impressed with this web site and someone has clearly done a lot of work - a gift is comming and well deserved!

Why did I use 5stones as my forum name - Well somewhere I heard it tell that Goliath had 4 big brothers - so that is why David picked up 5 smooth stones. Now that is confidence! The kind of confidence in God I want in my heart, Bible studies help to put it there!

I will get my first lesson tomorrow - in the mean time I need to navigate/explore this site to figure out its use. I hope I am not way behind - I am joinging this very late - So how do I fit in with the pace and progress so far.?? Maybe I will figure that out with the first question!

God's Blessings

5stones

• 4 months later...

Hello from the West Coast!!! My name is Jennifer, my mortgage company says I have a house in Arcadia, CA, but I travel extensively all over the US. I also run marathons and ultra marathons which draw me into a deep spiritual connection with Our Lord, Jesus Christ. I was born again in 1979, but due to my travels, I have found it very difficult to maintain church roots. I am VERY excited to find this on line Bible Study so I can get back to and stay rooted again in His Word!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for doing this!!!

In His Love,

JLH

• 2 months later...

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for Disciple Lessons from Philippians.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include our e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

My grandkids call me Bama so that is who I am. I live is the USA in Illinois on a farm. I am looking forwsrd to learning more about how God wants me to live my life.

Bless all,

Bama

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...