JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Hallowed Be Thy Name

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father?

From the beginning God has expressed His desire to have an intimate relationship with mankind. Not even original sin could keep God from loving us. Our actions, both visible and secret, are known to God. We must allow the Holy Spirit to teach us how to live our lives in a manner that will bring honor to our Father...our Lord.

What desecrates and besmirches it?

Any actions that deny His influence in the lives of His children.

How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

When we pray we should acknowlege God's soverienty. We should praise Him for the mecry and grace He imparts to us. We should express our thankfulness for the sacrifice He made in order to redeem us from our sin.

• 2 weeks later...

We should hallow the name of the lord when we begin to pray by exalting His name, acknowledging that there is no other God or name above him and he is the creator of heaven and earth. and all the things that are in it belong to him. We should declare of his holiness and that he is the alpha and omega. We should also worship him in adoration as we magninfy and glorify his name before we make any of our requests. Be you all blessed

• 1 month later...

I believe we "hallow" the name of our Father by acknowledging Him daily as Lord and Saviour and that God really is "Abba" Father, the only true living God. Giving Him the glory for big and small and not taking praise for myself.

When people deny there is a God - A fool says in his heart there is no God.

When His name is taken as a swear word and used in vain.

To "hallow" our Father when we pary is to give Him all the glory and honour. To praise and worship Him for who He is and what He has done. He is our Creator. What beauty surrounds us. How intricately we are made.

• 3 months later...

Our lives and words hallows the name of our Father when we live pure and holy lives when our lives does not bring reproach to the name of our father

when we speak as the word speaks we hallow the name of our father. we Halow our Father by approaching his throne with reverence and holyness just as how we addresses our Boss or parents with respect Our Father deserves even greater than we give to man. we should present our bodies as living sacrifice, this shows how much we love and revere our Father.

Negative talks, sensual and idle gossip talks does not bring him any glory.When we criticize others and use our bodies in destructive ways, fornicating and not taking care of our temple (body) we bring reproach and desecration.

when we pray and we acknowledge our father for who he is we give him his due honour call him by his name with reverence and fear we show that we love and hallow him. we should recognize his position as the one who sits on the circle of the earth, who is far above everything. we need to recognize his authority.

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father? What desecrates and besmirches it? How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

As we live, we should strive to be the image of Jesus Christ. Praise and prayer. We must live in a way where God

Q1. What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father? What desecrates and besmirches it? How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?

We should always approach the Father with a clean heart and always uplift his name in praise. By giving him all the praise and the glory and always being thankful to Him.

When we show obedience and love towarsd our Father that is when we hallow him. We besmirches our Father when our heart is not clean. We should come before Him with a clean heart and the right spirit. We should lift his name up with thanks and praise when we begin to pray giving HIM all the honor and glory because it all belongs to HIM!

QUOTE (Pastor Ralph @ Sep 6 2005, 12:11 AM)

Our lives and words hallow the name of the Father when we live and speak according to His will: when we walk humbly and use an economy of words with a loving spirit. If people know we are Christians, then they are watching and listening carefully. Everything we say and do becomes a reflection of Him.

Sadly, we are sinful human beings. Our thoughts, words, and actions will desecrate and besmirch the name of our Father more often than we intend. We must keep short accounts with our fellow sojourners on this earth as well as with our Father in Heaven by asking forgiveness and repenting (turning from) our sinful ways.

We hallow our Father when we pray with a right spirit, humbly acknowledging who He is.

• 3 weeks later...
:D Hollow be thy name thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is heaven. If everyone can live by this rule we would have world peace. Heaven is a place of Love, Peace, Honor and Holyness. Jesus is our guide and our light to reach heaven. I am in heaven and my thoughts are high above think of good things, beautiful things that are in heaven. May everyone live peacefully, lovingly, heavenly. I love you my brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers. :D

• 3 weeks later...

If I want to be known as someone who loves Christ and thus want to be known as a Christian I have to "hallow" the name of God/Christ in my language and use of His name. I can easily desicrate his name by my actions, words and how I present myself to others, ie dress where I go etc. Depending on the culture I live in I should "hallow" the name of God/Christ by the way in which my culture shows deep respect. In the United States it is usally with a bowed head. In extreme royalty women courtsey and men bow. But when I an talking to God I cover and bow my head. In other cultures it could be much different.

• 1 month later...

<!--quoteo(post=13896:date=Sep 6 2005, 02:11 AM:name=Pastor Ralph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pastor Ralph @ Sep 6 2005, 02:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=13896"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Q1. What about our lives and words "hallows" the name of our Father? What desecrates and besmirches it? How should we "hallow" the Father when we begin to pray?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Above all, we have to know Him well.

We have to know His deeds and character.

Then we can follow Him and lead lives that don't besmirche Him.

If we say we are christians but behave bad, we are in fact like the hypocrite pharizees.

This is a disgrace for Him because then we give opponents a reason to besmirch Him.

If we live well, people can recognize us as true disciples (John 13:34-35).

Then they can see He is a worthy God.

Then maybe they want to follow Him too.

• 3 weeks later...

Our very lives and words should be center around the life God had planned for us before the foundation of the earth. It is no accident that God left as a gift (prayer) so we would know how to approach Him while praying. We must approach Him with diginity and respect for who He is; the beggining and the end; Alpa and Omega; the HOLY ONE!!!! When we pray we must remmember that God is our father, friend, mother etc He not our equal and never use his name in vain.

God Bless

Patricia

• 1 month later...

the things about our lives that "hallows" the name of our father are our love for Him and for others, our behaviors, our words , our thoughts, and what people see in and who they see. are they seeing Jesus or are they seeing man? If we can't say or do things in front of Jesus then can we do them in front of others?

what desecrates and besmirches it? Our wrong words, thoughts and actions and this becomes even more important when you claim to be a christian. because then others don't see a difference from the sinner and don't want to come to know our Father and become His child.

we can use The Father's name in the holy and reverencial way that it is intended to be used. to truly lift up the Lord and Father in this attitude and to live our lives as He has taught us to. To be sincere in what we say and to love our FATHER above all things.\

the letter from our Father is totally awesome every one should read it and have it on their wall to read every morning and night.

• 4 weeks later...

I think if we try to remember that Jesus is with us in all that we do then trying to follow His example will hallow the name of our Father

What desecrates his name is to take it in vain to use it as a swear word, or to act in an unseemly manner. I found it helpful to read James ch 1 vs26 about keeping a tight rein on ones tongue

Just before prayer, read any of the verses from the "song of Moses" Deuteronomy ch 32 Oh just wonderful!!!

I think that if we live a life worthy of Christ, that the light of Jesus will shine through us and will be a witness to those who become attracted to Him. When we decide to accept His teachings in our lives, we are actually becoming a true follower of Him, a disciple. When we have the knowledge and wisdom from God, to apply those teachings, we are now able to achieve His purpose for our lives...to spread the Good News.

On the other hand; If we claim to know Jesus and we speak of his teachings, but we do not apply them to ourselves, we are not keeping Him holy. We are deceiving others and worse ourselves. We can not fool God for he is ever knowing. When we pretend to accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we are demeaning His love for us. We desecrate every blessing that He has bestowed upon us. When we use His name in vain or in disrespect, we are insulting the very giver of life, the Creator. We are made in His image, yet He never treats us with disrespect or ignorance. Why should we believe that we are greater then He? Our boundaries are heaven and earth, meaning; what we are bound to on earth, will be the same in heaven. We need to acknowledge this and give praise where it is due.

When we pray we need to remember why God gave us this gift; to be in constant communion with Him. It was a way for us to have His help delivered to us, through prayer. Our relationship with Him is reliant on prayer. We build Faith through prayer. We need to praise and thank Him for our blessings, for our freedom to call on Him any time He is needed. He needs to be worshiped in a way that is pleasing to Him. He deserves our respect and love, our admiration.

• 2 weeks later...

Hallow means Holy or to treat with respect, therefore we should reverence God with our lives, by doing what is right in the sight of God. Our lives should reflect the holiness of God.

When we refer to God without showing respect or when we do not have the fear of God then we desecrate and bismirches the name of God

We should hallow the father when we pray by thanking him and acknowledging his greatness and glorifying his holy name because he alone is holy and none can be compared to him.

• 1 month later...

what "hollows" the name of our father -Living in a way that shows how much we love our Holy God, even admidst out tests and trials, serving him in all seasons of our lives worshipping him at church but in our lives too, listening to him and studying his word.

what desecrates it - living discrespectively, not patient with others, not humble enough, do things we shouldn't do.

how should we "hallow" - come in humility, state of reverence and awe, and worship him, confessing our sins, thanking him for being our father, for answered prayer, and for letting him know how much we love him.

with Thanks and many blessings :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Father's name is Holy and should always be reverenced in that way. It should not be used in vain. Commonly spoken of. When we do that we besmirches it. We must train ourselves to not use the Lord's name in vain. Remembering always that GOD THE FATHER IS HOLY, and is name, which is indicative of the whole person of God, is holy.

• 1 month later...

In the book of Genesis, it states that we were created in The Father's image. As such, we are His representation on earth. Our beings, actions and words should glorify Him. As believers, we should be set apart from the world and be evidence of His glory. Every thought, movement or word "hallows" Him or at least should.

Forgetting that we are His children and the evidence of His light upon the earth destroys not only His image, but also our faith. If we truly wish to "hallow" Him, then we need to be an example of Him with all we do. Our failure to live by His word doesn't just desecrate Him, but also destroys His image in the world. Being that the world is in a darkness and needs His light, we fall short of the image that He created us in when we fail to live by The Word and fail to let it be our guide.

It is said that when we study, God speaks to us and when we pray, we speak to Him. In our prayers, we are not just speaking to one of our friends in a casual manner, but we are speaking to Our Father, Our Creator and Our King. Our prayer should reflect this. We should come to Him with reverance and love that stands above all, for that is how He loves us.

By remembering that God is our Father in heaven. By talking to him as if you are talking to your "Daddy" will further ascertain that we are "hallowing" His holy name.

I remember reading that even using the word "Gosh" is another way to dishonor the Name of God. We are human and sometimes we accidentally descreate or besmirch His Name. By practicing to limit those words from our daily words we will further honor him and not descretate His name.

When we pray we should always as the Old Testaments says to continue to Honor Our Father in Heaven when we pray. To think we are communicating as if we are talking to Our Father.

• 3 weeks later...

Idolatry is something that God hates. There are not a few curses that are waiting for the idolaters. Idolatry covers anything that takes first place in one's heart instead of god-- I could he family, career, self. It can also be something as gsmless as watching tv- if it takes the place of your prayer time. Or sleep when it robs you of your time to learn about gods word.

For me, I struggle to give glory to god in everything little thing i do - from my firs morning drink whre I praise him for another day to experience him to the promotions I get in work which I give credit only to him.

It's bit difficult as long as you put your life in perspective. Everything I have are mine to enjoy by his grace

When serve him as the one and only god. Living a sanctify life and fear him alone, Turning new souls to Christ, spreading his name throughout the world, putting him first in our lives.

Blaspheming against the lord and the bible, Being disobedient, letting Satan have us as his foot stool as we are suppose be the head and not the tail.

We should adore, give thanks, praise and honor him