JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Pleasing Boldness

On 9/15/2005 at 12:57 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

1. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?  Yes, because Abraham interacted/communicated with God all through the intercession. He didn’t just plough ahead ignorantly, but brought to the forefront and magnified God’s amazing qualities - Just, fair, righteous, merciful, kind, wise etc

2. What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him? It delight’s Abba dearest when I come to Him when firstly I ask Him how I should pray about a situation, by the Holy Spirit because then I am seeking His ways and thoughts about the intercession, and not praying out of my soul willy-nilly kinda hoping God will do anything.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?  Yes, I think God was pleased with Abraham because God seeks relationship with us.  Abraham's request displays his understanding that God wanted a relationship with him due to his not offering childishly to do something in return for favor. Abraham knew that God was righteous, faithful, and holy--that God sought relationship with people who were the same and would not destroy those striving to live His way.  Exactly this, pursuing God, desiring His character stamped into my life, seeking to understand Him deeply these things make Him more real to me.  I think God delights in all prayers to Him. All.