JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Pleasing Boldness

Abraham had trust and faith in God.He knew the Judge of all the earth would do right. God was very pleased with Abraham.Abraham did not plead that the wicked may be spared for their own sake, or because it would be severe to destroy them, but for the sake of the righteous who might be found among them.And righteousness only can be made a plea before God.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MRose PD

I think so since God seemed not to be angry with him at all for the many times he bargained with Him on the same premise - decreasing only the number of people found in Sodom. A boring bargain I think, which might have bored God or made Him lost His patience. But He did not. Instead, everytime Abraham decrease the number, he simply relented easily, without much words. I think He was already thinking the way Abraham was thinking. Abraham simply vocalized their same thoughts. And the same as they are, it was easy for Him to agree immediately. This shows that Abraham really was on the same wavelength with God. He knows Him well and believes in His utter goodness. He has the same vibration as God's, which enabled him to dare try God's patience over his repeated yet humble bargainings.

God may delight in one's prayers to Him, even if its not on the same wavelength as His thoughts, through his/er repeated invokings of His righteousness and goodness which should just make Him approve his/er prayers.

One should also be sincere about his/er prayers too. Faith, trust, humility and sincerity are the basic elements of a good prayer, I think.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Abraham's boldness pleased God because it reflected a right knowledge of who God was--a merciful, loving, Friend of Abraham. Just as we delight when a loved one picks out a gift that matches our tastes exactly because it shows that they have taken care to know who we truly are and what we like, God is pleased when we act in response to a true knowledge of who He is.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

God was very pleased with Abraham's boldness. Because He allowed Abraham to persist in his pleadings showing that he knew that God would hear him and act on his request. God wants us to be fervent in our prayers. It show how much trust we have in Him.

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

God takes a delight in our persistency. He delights in our call to Him and longs to answer our petitions. As Jesus taught us to say, "Abba, Father," when we pray; the Father is waiting to hear from His children and wants to move on their behalf.

• 2 weeks later...
Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes, Abraham showed respect for Him and love for others. It showed he felt comfortable with God and knew he could approach Him. He kew he could share his concern. God delights in relationship with His people. For us to go to Him shows our love, our need and our desire for fellowship.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes, it is evidence that Abraham`s faith used him to access to God with boldness. God wants His children to come to Him under all circumstances. God loves to talk with us and have us talk with Him. Abraham wasn`t looking for something for himself but for righteous one. Yahweh delights in our prayer when we acknowledge Him as our Heavenly Father and He long to answer us according to His will.

When we approached Him with humility and respect for His Holy Character, our boldness of faith filled our prayers with peace and joy for Him. Praying gives God the opportunity to glorify His name as we speak His word back to Him we exalt Him and magnify His righteousness.

• 4 months later...

Yes I think that Abrahams boldness pleased God. I'm sure it pleased God to know that Abraham cared enough about others to even petition God to spare them. I think God was pleased also because Abraham had a real relationship with God and that always pleases HIM.

God is pleased anytime we come to HIM in prayer. I pray to HIM in the name of Jesus because I know that it is only because of the blood of Jesus that HE hears me at all. HE sees me IN Christ. I am nothing in myself but because I am covered in the blood He hears me and answers me. He delights in my coming to HIM because I am HIS child through and by the grace of Christ. I truly need to spend more time in prayer.

• 3 months later...

I believe God was pleased with Abraham's boldness. Abreham was "the apple of God's eye" and with this dialogue Abraham's faithfulness was shown.

When I pray aright, show humility while praying in faith believing, I hope God will be pleased with me. :D

Abraham's boldness pleased God in that Abraham loved God and cared about the people he was petitioning for enough to go, boldly yet humility, before God on their behalf. Through an intimate relationship with God, Abraham was able to do this.

I think that God delights in our sincere, thoughful, and unselfishness prayers. Prayers that show we understand His character. I think God delights in the fact that we come to Him in prayer in acknowledgement that He is our Father and our Creator. He delights in humans freely approaching and acknowledging Him as Creator.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

Yes, it is evident that God was pleased in that he heard and acceded to each of Abraham's pleas for deliverance for Sodom if 50, 45, 40...10 righteous people could be found. Because of the love He bore for Abraham, God let Abraham define the parameters for deliverance.

If we come before Him with a righteous an contrite heart. If we use Abraham's prayer as an example, we will have a prayer that is pleasing to God. Abraham first acknowledged that God was a righteous and just God; this knowledge was based on the relationship that Abraham himself had with God, one of faith and trust. God knows our hearts, and when we come before Him with a pure heart and a delight in Him, God inhabit the praises of His People.

I can only assume that it did after all He spoke directly to Him and he was only as dust compared to God. He accepted Abraham's petitions and agreed to each request already knowing that there were only one family that he was going to save.

The only thing I can think of that might cause God to delight in my prayers is that I also pray for others not only that they be bless but that some come to know Christ and I pray for a filling of His Holy Spirit as I start each day. I know I need Him much more than He needs me.

I believe Abraham's boldness pleased God. He did not try to make a bargain with God to do something for God's favor in answering his prayer. He was simply persistent in appealing to God's righteousness and justness in his request to spare Lot. God was pleased that Abraham had faith to ask this of Him.

I believe God will take delight in our prayers when we are persistent in coming before him, praying with faith and believing that God will asnwer our prayers. Approaching God with humility and boldness as Abraham did will please God.

• 1 month later...

I think Abrahams boldness pleased God because it showed a confidence in their relationship. GOd might take delight in my prayers if they also showed a confidence in my relationship with HIm.

God wants us to be real. He knows what we need before we even ask. He just wants us to be sincere. To address Him and show the proper respect. Kind of like our earthly parents do when we speak to them.

• 5 weeks later...

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God?

Absolutely, I do.

Why or why not?

If He wasn't pleased, He would not have continued to dialogue with Abraham...would have shut him down with an explanation and ended the conversation. It reminds me of the conversation Jesus had with the Mother who kept seeking deliverance for her demoniac daughter, pleading, "even the puppies get the scraps under the table"...He was actually drawing her faith to a higher level through their conversation.

His Word says He delights in those things done in faith. He encourages me to keep asking, seeking, and knocking....to be persistent and to persevere in prayer. The saints of old called it "Praying through", until we receive an answer. Abraham's persistence was based in love and duty toward Lot, and God's Word tells me that all I do "should be done in love"...which should be the basis of my prayer for others.

In Mt. 6 He says to pray in secret, not for show, and to avoid the wordy, repetitive phrases used by unbelievers who lack faith, believing they'll be heard for their "much speaking". In Mt.5, He tells me to love my enemies and to pray for those who persecute me.

Some of my most intimate moments with the Lord have come through confession of sin and repentance, and through gut honesty about what's going on in my heart and emotions. I've sensed His pleasure and approval especially during those "wrestling" prayer times.

I would sum it up by saying, any prayer which reflects God's heart will please Him.

Yes, I do think Abraham's boldness pleased God...and the reason I believe so is that it showed Abraham's confidence in his relationship with God. He walked with God and his faith was considered righteousness...therefore, I believe Abraham's love for God and God's love for him was the basis for his boldness. I believe a cause for God to take delight in my prayers to Him are based in my absolute dependency upon Him...even to pray...for often I do not know where to start or what to say...praise Him for the Holy Spirit who helps me in my time of need and for Jesus who is my constant intercessor...!

Yes, I think that boldness in prayer pleases God, if it is tempered with humility. It shows Him that we believe in the power of prayer, and the love that God has for us.

As I am learning more and more about God and prayer, I find that I am learning even more about myself. I believe that this is pleasing to God, as I turn my prayers from requests for things for myself, to centering more on praising God, and helping me become a better Christian.

I think Abrahams boldness pleased God. We should remember this was the plan from the beginning with Adam and Eve. God was looking for a friend who could trust Him and discuss with. God would go to Adam in the cool of the day to fellowship with before they flunk the plan. So when Abraham now started the negotiation I think God was pleased and He was reminded of the first love He had for man. If I am faithful and obedient I think my prayers can be a sweet smell to God. If I make myself available to be used by God, God is ready to use us.

God loves you, me and Abraham after all he created us to please him so yes God laughs, dances, and has many feelings with us. He especially loves bargining with us, boy we delight his day so I think God loved the strength, power, and boldness that Abraham used in coming before our King. I think God enjoys our prayers for in our prayers we are honest and gracious.

R3. God was pleased with Abraham's boldness the proof of which is God's reply - five times Abraham appealed, five times God said yes. A displeased God will just say NO one time. God also wants us to be bold in our prayers, for us to tell Him exactly what we ask for.

Scripture tells us that our God delights in prayers offered in faith, unselfish and which glorifies Him.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, God was pleased with Abraham's boldness because God loves to answer prayer and He saw that Abraham didn't want Sodom destroyed completely as there were righteous people. Abraham didn't bargain with God, instead he stood in the gap and interceded for the few righteous people.

God delights in our prayers when He sees that we put others' needs before our own and when we don't give up praying. He sees our faith and this makes Him happy.

• 5 months later...

Yes, I believe God was pleased. He saw Abraham cared enough to help his family to safety. He also recognised Abraham's faith in this intercessory prayer.

God delights in our prayers firstly because we are His children and He is our "Daddy" . If we pray according to His will He will hear us and answer us. It also shows that we are dependent on Him and can do nothing of ourselves.