JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Pleasing Boldness

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that when I Pray it's between me and the father. He knows what I need and he knows what I'm searching for. Theres nothing wrong with asking anything to God. He is pleased that we can share everything with him. Moses boldness is showing God that he cared about the people and didn't want to see distruction to the righteous. It's almost like if we didn't show this than it wouldn't exist. I always pray for the righteous and the unrighteous. I ask God to touch there hearts the ones that are in sin and don't know or understand. I want to save the world but we can't we can ask God to touch those who don't know. Why not would God not want to know our hearts good or bad. He wants to hear us always. I know that if I'm around the sinners I cry inside deeply because of whats going to happen to them if they are not saved. His delights are in our prayers to know that we are there not just here for a worldy reason but for the one and only reason we are here for a purpose and we should always say thank you be grateful and wait for the Lord. He is our Dad we are to always know that he will love us unconditionally. I will always prayer and wait and talk and be lead by God. I wished I was saved years ago so I wouldn't have gone through so much. I always ask God to forgive me and that I'm sorry for hurting him in any way.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes, I think Abraham's boldness pleased God because it seems like God was waiting for Abraham to pray on behalf of his family.God told Abraham what he intended to do to Sodom and Gomorrah, that in itself seems almost like an invitation to pray.

What might cause God to take delight in our prayers to him- is the fact that we are acknowledging his presence with us as our creator and sustainer, he knows what is in our hearts and when we pray for others or ourselves we are giving him the glory

along with our love and respect, always trying, not always succeeding to put him at the centre of our lives. Please God help us to pray that we may grow ever closer to you.

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

I do think that Abraham's boldness did please God. I think this because God allowed Abraham to continue on with the debate! God enjoys when we come to Him with questions, or requests. He loves us so very much that He will not always nudge us toward Him, He still allows us to make the decision to choose Him. Being bold with God is a work of faith. We are expressing that we have faith in Him and that we know Him well enough to ask for things that may at first not be what He had originally intended. Being bold with God also depends on your relationship with Him.

God loves when we pray. We can call on Him, ask Him for help, or just worship Him. It proves that we are building a relationship with Him. When we can really just pour out our hearts to the point of emotional duress, then we are truly leaning on God. Seeking His approval delights Him. Seeking His company delights Him. Anything that will bridge the gap will delight Him. When we put our Faith in Him, we rest, we are at peace.

• 5 months later...

Q3.

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God?

Why or why not?

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes, because God knew Abraham had recognized His righteousness and mercy. At the same time he was acknowledging God as being in control thus also admitting God

• 2 months later...

Q3. Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not? What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

Yes Abraham's boldness pleased God because he clearly understood where he stood with God - God was his father and he could trust God with anything.

God takes delight in our prayers to him because he loves us and wants to answer our prayers and help us. When we pray we are also recognising his Lordship over our lives, and that apart from Him, we can do nothing.

Yes! Abraham`s boldness demonstrated his faith in a holy, just and loving God. Abraham was a friend of God so he certainly could dialogue with Him on important issues such as Sodom. God probably is waiting for us to stand in the gap for cities like Sodom. He desires us to share His heart and to express His concern for the lost who need Him in order to break loose from the chains of sin.

• 5 months later...

Yes Abraham's boldness pleased God because he understood the blessedness of his relationship with God, that of a son with his father.

It delights God that we are seeking His company, that we acknowledge who is really in control of our lives, that we rejoice in Him and give thanks to Him.

• 3 months later...

God delights in His children wishing to spend time with Him and talking to Him. Abraham's boldness pleased God because it showed that Abraham had faith that he could speak his heart and God will take time to listen to him. Further, not only did Abraham show boldness, he also showed great humility while speaking to God. God delights in our prayers to Him if we can pray His word back to Him (His word will not return to Him void but will accomplish that which He intended.) Our prayers should also show that we know God's character and not just pray to ask/demand from blessings God.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Abraham did please God. He pleaded with God to abide by His righteousness. Abraham knew God's character and requested of Him to remember it. God will take delight in my prayers if I call on Him according to who He is. I should not be promising to do something for God in exchange for His answer but to appeal to His character so that righteousness might be accomplished.

• 3 weeks later...

I beieve God was pleased with Abraham's boldness to speak on behalf of the people and plead for mercy for them. Abraham reminded God of His character and asked God to not destroy the righteous with the wicked. Abraham pleaded with God on behalf of the number of righteous people who may still be there.

I believe God is the same today and to please Him in prayer we must take the same approach as Abraham. We have the benefit of the written Word today and we can quote back to God His character and promises on behalf of the righteous in our prayer petitions. Prayer can save a nation, especially when repentance has come from the hearts of the people.

• 2 years later...

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God?

Yes. He is delighted that his servant Abraham believes in Him enough and understands Him enough to ask this.

Why or why not?

Genesis 15:6 explains, "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him as righteousness." The faith of this pre-Christian human is wonderful to God. Here is a man who actually trusts Him enough to pray this kind of prayer.

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

When you call out, "Abba, Father," he hears your prayers and longs to answer them. After all, you are his child. He has chosen to adopt you into his family and bless you -- because of Jesus.

God commands us to confidently approach the throne of grace and that when we do so we can receive mercy and grace for ourselves,

others and our nation. Abraham was confident in pleading for mercy, but with abundant measures of humility (“Now behold, I have

ventured to speak to the Lord, although I am but dush and ashes.” v. 27). We should approach the throne of grace daily, with

humility that says, wretched I am without your grace and poured out mercy.

It is God's command: Hebrews 4:16: "Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive

mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”

• 1 month later...

I feel that God was pleased by Abraham's willingness to come to him and talk to him as a child to a parent. He did not bring God down, but he boldly asked for a fairness based on some simple facts. Abraham felt that he understood God enough to know that he is a very just God. I feel that God would find joy in our prayers if we would be very honest with him and if we approached him with great respect. We need to honor God with our requests. We can not demean God by making a bargain that we know in our hearts that we will never keep. This is really disrespectful.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, Abraham did not give up praying to God half way. He was persistent,consistent and persevering

Boldly praying God keeping himself humble.

We must be honest and sincere in appealing toGod in faith. God Delights in having fellowship,dialogue and communicate with His children,whether it may be thru prayer,praise and worship or meditating His word.

• 4 years later...

God showed Abraham that asking for anything is allowed, with the understanding that God’s answers come from God’s perspective. They are not always in harmony with our expectations, for only he knows the whole story. God delights in our prayers possible answers always.

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2005 at 7:57 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

I think that Abraham's boldness did please God because it showed that he had a relatinship with God and trusted in God's character.

Boldness, humility and faith might cause God to take delight in my prayers to Him.

• 3 months later...

Do you think Abraham's boldness pleased God? Why or why not?

I do think his boldness pleased God, because it demonstrates Abraham’s belief in Him. He is also demonstrating that he listens to God by repeating God’s own promises about the righteous back to Him.

What might cause God to take delight in your prayers to him?

When we praise Him, demonstrate our fear and respect for Him, and recount His promises in our prayers, He is delighted.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/14/2005 at 10:57 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Yes. I do think that Abraham's boldness pleased God. I believe his boldness pleased God because Abraham believed that God was just, He spoke to God with respect and humility, and he appealed to God's character. 

I believe if I keep approaching God with boldness, respect, and humility my Father would delight in my prayers Him as well.