JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Exalting God through Praise

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?
HE is holy and we as His children we need the express our love for our Father in a away , acknowledges feeling and

builds our faith and it shows others we are seeking to be closer to God. Praise shows we are exalting God and putting Him in the place above ourselves where he belongs.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in us? What does it say about us?

Edifying and exalting God is one of the highest form of praise. When we exalt God we our letting God know that He is worthy of our praises because of His richness and glory. This allow us to built a personal sincere relationship because the Bible says that God inhabits in the praises of His people (Psalms 22:3). We should exalt God at all times, His name should be forever on our lips.(paraphase) Exalting and praising God also bring us into His presence,power and glory.

Patricia

• 1 month later...

We have to know God and to confess that He's the One who's doing it all.

We have to be humble and to know our place.

Many times I think that the devil has won.

If you look at this world, it is hard to believe that a real God can let this happen.

Our praise lifts God in our hearts and minds, we should always exalt God because he IS mighty, he is above all things yet he is all around us. This exaltation helps us to put the Lord our God at the forefront of everything in our lives and in doing so we are saying that we are his, heart and soul.

" Hear O Israel the Lord our God, the Lord is One. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and withall thy might" Deut:6vs4,5.

• 5 months later...

Q2.

In what way does praise exalt God?

Why should we exalt God?

What does this exaltation do in us?

What does it say about us?

By praising God we acknowledge and honour Him as God above all. He is our Lord God Almighty.

We exalt God because He is worthy of all our praise and respect and honour. He is our Creator. We owe it all to Him.

It strengthens our faith and helps us remember who He is.

By praising Him we let everyone know about His greatness and also that we belong to God and we serve Him.

• 2 months later...

In what way does praise exalt God? God is enthroned in the praises of His people. He is lifted up, glorified and His name is magnified.

Why should we exalt God? We should exalt God because only He deserves our praises, respect, honor and gratitute.

What does this exaltation do in us? Our faith is increased. He is the only one true God who created everything and we have Him as our heavenly Father.

What does it say about us? Praise brings us to the realization that we are highly blessed - we are children of God and only He is Lord over our lives.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

"Praise is the language of faith"; by praising God we acknowledge and honor Him as God above all. This exaltation strengthen our faith and brings us closer to Him. We show our love and devotion for the Lord.

• 1 month later...

As exalt means "lift up, bear, carry, support" this is what our praise does for God: He is lifted high on it, His throne is made from it and adorned by it. He becomes visible to us in his right relation -- as the enthroned one -- when we lift him up in praise.

• 2 months later...

Q2. In what way does praise exalt God?

Praise exalts God when we pay tribute to Him by expressing out loud, in song, or prayer the respect and honor we have for Him.

Why should we exalt God?

We should exalt God openly because it encourages us and others to see God as the exalted One. It shows God’s greatness, power, glory, majesty, and splendor.

When we exalt God it strengthens our own faith.

When we exalt God it is letting the world know that we thank and praise Him for His love for us, for all that He has done for us, and we are praising Him for all that He is doing in and through us. Exalting God displays the faith that we proclaim as God’s children.

• 2 weeks later...

We exalt God when we praise God with our words and hearts. Our praises enthrone God here on earth.

Why should we exalt God?

Praise is expressing out loud the respect and honour we have for our God. Since we are willing to openly declare God's greatnes, it encourages others to see God in this light and honour God as well.

Praise is the language of faith. When we acknowledge God's greatness, it also strengthens our own faith. God inhabits the praises of His people.

When we do this, we acknowledge that God is the above all others because He is the Kings of kings and Lords of lords, maker of heaven and earth. We submit to God.

In what way does praise exalt God? Why should we exalt God? What does this exaltation do in

us? What does it say about us?

• 1 year later...

Praise exalts God in our hearts when we exalt Him with our outward prayers and praise. We should always exalt God in all things as it increases our faith that God is above everything and every situation. It builds our faith while lifting God up with acknowledgment of His place in all that is. This shows others our relationship with the Father and it shows the Father the same as we keep Him lifted up in His rightful place as God above all.

• 1 month later...

By prasing God we are giving Him some of the honour He deserves. We will never be able to give Him enough honour. We are also humbling our selves and teminding ourselves what a great and awesome God we serve. Prasing God also lifts our spirits since we know we serve an all Powerful God Who will always take care of us

• 1 year later...

Praise is the language of faith"; by praising God we acknowledge and honor Him as God above all.

Why should we exalt God?

We should exalt God openly because it encourages us and others to see God as the exalted One. It shows God’s greatness, power, glory, majesty, and splendor.

Praise is the language of faith. When we acknowledge God's greatness, it also strengthens our own faith. God inhabits the praises of His people.

Our praise to God declares our belief, faith, and will show in our conduct. If we only praise God with our lips and not with our lives', it is all in vain.

• 1 month later...

God is above all things. When we acknowledge that fact we are showing God how much we love and honor him. We should always show God how much he means to us. I feel that the exaltation of God opens up my heart and soul to hear his words and to receive his graces. We bring ourselves closer to holiness and to the fulfillment of the purpose that we were created. We allow our hearts and souls to take on the internal light of Jesus and we allow that light to shine forth for all men to see.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Praise not only honours n magnifies God,but it is als for our edification. The purpose of our worship is to glorify,honour,praise and exalt God. For God is our creator. Praise must show our adoration to God for His gracious providing us the way to escape from the bondage of sin. Praise God for His unending mercy.

Praise helps us develop a God like and Christ like character. We become like unto those we admire and like. We can exalt God by whatever we do in our bodies by acts of obedience,our selfless acts of service,willingness to witness and in our actions.

When we worship we develop such qualities such as forgiveness,righteousness,purity,kindness and love.

God will never prosper a work of His unless it necessarily exalts Jesus.

• 4 years later...

We exalt God when we value what He views as important.  We are saying that His opinions and heart are supreme, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God when we obey His commands.  We are saying that His ways are best, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God when we line up what we do with His Word, following His ways.  We are saying that He is the final standard, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God when we help other people in their struggles by pointing them to God.  We are saying that He is the ultimate source of strength, comfort, peace, and hope, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God with singing, praising and music.We exalt God when we value what He views as important.  We are saying that His opinions and heart are supreme, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God when we obey His commands.  We are saying that His ways are best, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God when we line up what we do with His Word, following His ways.  We are saying that He is the final standard, hence, exalting Him.

We exalt God when we help other people in their struggles by pointing them to God.  We are saying that He is the ultimate source of strength, comfort, peace, and hope, hence, exalting Him.

• 2 years later...
On 9/30/2005 at 11:07 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Praise exalts God through our expression of who God is and what He represents. 

We should exalt God because He is God! He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. 

When we exalt God it gives us respect and a reverence for the God we serve. It also ushers us into the presence of God.

It says that we love God and w want to show Him just how much we love and adore Him. 

• 1 year later...

I love your quote, "Praise is the language of faith."  For, truly praise IS the language of faith.  We exalt God when we know His character and stand in awe of Him.  About us praising God and exalting God says that we acknowledge our limitations and His greatness.

On 10/1/2005 at 1:07 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

1. In what way does praise exalt God?
It places Abba dearest in His Rightful place in my life, enthroned as my King of Glory

2. Why should we exalt God?

Because He is worthy of my exalting praise for everything He is and does is perfect, holy, righteous and full of joy. To acknowledge who He is, is my way of being grateful for all He is to me personally and to magnify Him over my life completely.

3. What does this exaltation do in us?

It positions me in a place of humble submission to His absolute Fatherhood over my life as my Elohim-creator.

4. What does it say about us?

If I cannot praise or thank Him, it means I don’t know Him in this area of worship. Knowing Him flows out from within my belly living waters of devotion and adoration because I have experienced His abundant life and I am so grateful for Him saving me.

• 4 months later...
On 10/8/2005 at 6:56 AM, pickledilly said:

To offer true praise to God is to elevate His place and status in my own heart, which is to exalt Him. It is personal recognition of Him as Sovereign Creator, Source, Provider, King of every king, Lord of every lord, the Most High God! My saying so doesn

Praise God Almighty.