JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Yes, I have prayed for fellow believers to be filled with the fullness of God but I did not use thos exact words. What I would be praying for and the words Iused was that they woul be completely yielded to God and he would fill them with the Holy Spirit.

This prayer relates to Ephesians5:27 because if we are completely yielded to God He will fill us with the Holy Spirit and we will be holy and without any spot,wrinkle or blemish and as Colossians 1:28 says perfect in Christ Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q7. (3:19) Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"? What would you be praying for with that kind of prayer?

Yes, I have. I prayed that they might know God as he is. He is a God who can sustain them in their walk with Him and the God who will provide for their need.

How does this prayer relate to Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28?

This is a prayer for the people of God to be made perfect in Christ Jesus as they are filled with the knowledge of Him; so that when Christ returns for His Church he can present to God the Father a Glorious church, without blemish.

"That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." Eph 5:27

"Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:" Col. 1:28

• 5 months later...
Q7. (3:19) Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"? What would you be praying for with that kind of prayer? How does this prayer relate to Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28?

Yes I have prayed for fellow Christians to be filled with all the fullness of God. In that prayer I am praying that they may realize how much God loves them and Who they are in Christ. To rethink their position in life and to become Victorious Christians instead of defeated, beat down, and down hearted. That God would strengthen their hearts and spirits so that they may be all that God wants them to be. If we can pray that kind of prayer and get people to walk in the fullness of Christ then they will be Victorious and God will be presented with a glorious body of believers striving for perfection and walking in the fullness of Christ.

• 3 months later...

Q7. (3:19) Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"? What would you be praying for with that kind of prayer? How does this prayer relate to Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28?

As a believer, Pastor, jail minister, Christian community activist, father, husband, and friend -- I am praying this prayer all the time for the people in my life. That they would all be filled with all the fullness of God and that they would be growing in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.

This prayer and Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28 all relate to Christains attaining perfection or Christian maturity. This should be the prayer believers pray for each other. This is the end game.

• 7 months later...

I have never prayed that specific request only that they come to a complete understanding of Christ and what His death truly means to each of us. I think that you would be praying that they be filled to over flowing like the Smoke in the Temple when Soloman completed his prayer at the dedication. I don't see us being filled to over flowing till we are in the presences of God and Christ gives us that promise Paul wrote about us being able to see more clearly.

Eph:5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Col:1: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

I think that Paul's prayer is a continuation of these two verses. Each ask that we have a complete filling of God and that would make us complete and perfect if we come to that filling.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if I have actually used those words in praying for a fellow believer but I have prayed that fellow believers be filled with God's presence and knowledge that he will provide in every way. In praying for a believer to be "filled with all the fullness of God" I would be praying for total submission to God's will and that God would fill every need and expectation.

Ephesians 5:27 relates to the fullness of God in that the scripture tells us to present ourselves are a believer without spot or wrinkle - without sin. God can help us strive for that if we pray for the fullness of God.

Colossians 1:28 relates to the fullness of God in that we must teach and tell everyone that they may be presented perfect in Christ.

• 3 weeks later...

I have asked God to guide and direct fellow believers. I don't think that is the same thing. Paul wants the believers to be able to experience God's Glory and Presence-much like in Old Testament days. That is what is meant by the fullness of God. Every bit of Him that our bodies and hearts can stand!

I think that Paul wants the believers to have this so that they can pass it to others. That we all have this experience so that we can be rooted and grounded in the Word. That is how it relates to the other two verses. We need to be firmly rooted and grounded, and the only way this can happen is to know the full extent of God's presence and power. As the days get shorter, and His coming gets closer, the evil will be all around us, and we will need every bit of God's presence and strength to get through. If you stop and think about it, we are experiencing some of the things that the churches back then were experiencing. We aren't so different. So, if we are full of God, then there is no way we can be full of anything else! God leaves no room for evil, or stench of sin! Gloray!!

• 1 month later...

Q7. (3:19) Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"?

Yes, I have.

What would you be praying for with that kind of prayer?

That he/she would come to know and experience the Lord in knowledge of Him and His power and glory in their lives. That they would be filled with His Spirit, and they would know Him as their Peace and that His gifts would flow in their lives to His glory. That their flesh would die daily and He would reign as Lord in them, to enable them to fulfill completely His destiny for their lives.

It is the same thing...for no spot or wrinkle would mar them and that they would live holy lives, complete and mature and perfected in Him, full of His wisdom, alive to His purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in so many words, but, I do often ask that God give His spirit to others, to help them increase their faith, and to make use of prayer. I would be praying that they would realize the benefits available to them through God, and that they would come to live Godly lives.

While we are saved through the grace of God alone, we need to go beyond that, and live in a way that honors Jesus and His sacrifice for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have...you would be praying for the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It's all about being FULL OF CHRIST...

AMEN...

• 8 months later...

To be filled with the fullness of God is to know Him intimately. It is to be filled with all that God is and has for us. Let's go past being a nominal Christian and be filled with the glory of God that Jesus will shine through us . It is then when we stand before Him He will see that glorious shining bride washed clean through the blood of Jesus.

• 4 months later...

I dont think so; I am just understanding the fullness of God through this lesson. Now that I understand a little of the fullness of God; I would pray that they would surrender themselves to God; let God dominate their lives; not flesh or man; Love one another as Christ loves the church.

This prayer relates to Ephesians 5:27 because the purpose of love is to bring about perfection in our lives through Christ. Christ loves the church and is committed to removing all the blemishes so He can present her in all her glory and beauty to Himself; and Colossians 1:28 relates to this prayer in the form of spiritual growth; a systematic presentation of the truth of God

• 1 month later...

To be a christian, we need to be full of God.

Therefore, we have to pray that we become full of God.

And if we just don't feel Him in our heart, we just haven't prayed enough???

In my language we call that a 'dooddoener'.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I have never prayed for a fellow believer to be filled with all the fullness of God. I have often asked that their hearts may be open to his Spirit, but perhaps that is not so bold.

"The fullness of God " seems to indicate completeness, wisdom, understanding,glory and is a far grander request than my small mind would ever have conceived.

The result would be as stated in Eph 5:27 and Col 1:28 asking that the believers become " so filled as to attain to the full perfection of God." It is too much for my mind to take in. I find I can understand the word "perfect" if I think of "complete", I can see that that would be attainable through Christ, but to become "perfect without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, holy and blameless" is just too wonderful for me and sadly my prayers have never been so bold.

This prayer would help the early Christians to grasp the Glory that is God. The overwhelming Shekina, the power to carry them through their many difficulties.

Dear Lord help me to grasp that all things are possible with you.

• 4 months later...

I have prayed for loved ones that God fill them with His love and grace, that God soften their hearts to hear His voice and turn their hearts to Him. As a fellow believer I've prayed similar prayers, but not with the words "filled with all the fullness of God". This is pretty interesting, as this prayer makes me think about how much God has to offer to us his Church. This prayer relates to what God is telling us, to present ourselves (His Church) perfect, without any faults to Christ. This is why Christ died for us, so we can be just like Him, perfect and full of grace.

• 4 weeks later...

Q7. (3:19)

Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"?

No, I never thought of praying this kind of prayer. I would be asking our Heavenly Father for them to reach spiritual perfection; to be perfect in Jesus Christ. I think this is a wonderful prayer. Asking God that they will become perfect mature Christians well grounded in the truth, filled with the Holy Spirit, their hearts indwelt with Christ, anchored in love, and experiencing Christ

• 1 month later...

:D

Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"? No I have not but now I am motivated to begin praying this prayer for myself and others.

What would you be praying for with that kind of prayer? I pray I and those I am praying for will emulate Jesus - seriously! :D

How does this prayer relate to Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28? We will lead holy lives and when the time comes, God will find us faithful.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, this is also my heartfelt desire. This all relates to the life of Holiness, which in a word is Jesus. Oh to be more and more like Him. Jesus is holy and without sin. Ephesians 5:27 NLT

• 2 months later...

Q7. (3:19) Have you ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God"?

This is a very bold prayer and I have not prayed for this kind of filling for myself or others.

Really praying this is praying for Christ likeness.

Both of these verses relate to holiness and purity. Being filled with God would bring those qualities into our life.

• 8 months later...

Yes, I have prayed for a fellow believer to know and understand the power of God, and His love for them, but I do not remember if I have prayed for them to be “filled with all the fullness of God.”

If I pray for a fellow believer to be “filled with all the fullness of God” I will be praying that they will feel God’s power and presence completely.

This prayer relates to Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28, in that, God wants His glory and wisdom to completely fill the church.

Ephesians 5:27 “That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.” (KJV)

Colossians 1:28“Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.”

• 1 year later...

I don't know that I have ever prayed for anyone to be filled with all the fullness of God. By praying this prayer, I am being that God can perfect someone so they look and act just like Him. It is possible and I have seen it in some people I know. We need to trust God that He is perfecting us and wants us make us just like Him in almost every way. Ultimately, the goal is holiness and blameless without any spot or blemish as Ephesians 5:27 states. In Colossians 1:28 Paul says that admonishing and teaching in the Word of God can lead to perfection. Of course, we cannot be totally perfect like Jesus but we can become more like Him each day. Lord, continue to perfect me into the image of your Son whether or not it is seen by others.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't believe I have ever prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be "filled with all the fullness of God." I am coming into understanding of this now and now I can begin to pray for this for myself and others. I would be praying for believers to be filled with the knowledge and power of God with the understanding of how limitless this is and that it is beyond all human comprehension. This would relate to Eph 5:27 in that being filled with the fullness of God will leave a person radiant with His presence and holy before God. In respect to Col 1:28 we are proclaiming and teaching and praying the fullness of God to and in the believer so they made stand holy in His presence.

• 2 years later...

I have prayed for a fellow believer that he or she might be “filled with all the fullness of God” especially my loved ones. I would be praying for them to understand God’s love and that they except this love. This pray relates to Ephesians 5:27 and Colossians 1:28 in that Paul wants all believes to be presented to God with blemish.

• 4 months later...

I realise that I have not prayed specifically for a believer to be filled with the fullness of God. However, I pray regularly that unsaved people may find salvation in Christ,pray that believers in general may be spiritually strengthened and for those who minister God's word may be anointed with the Holy Spirit and serve the Lord sincerely and with honesty.

This prayer encourages to present ourselves spotless,with spiritual beauty,holiness and unblemished with complete(perfection) to Christ. This is the kind of prayer I would be praying from now for myself and for believers.

• 4 years later...

This “fullness” is fully expressed only in Christ. In union with Christ and through his empowering Spirit, we are complete. We have all the fullness of God available to us. But we must appropriate that fullness through faith and through prayer as we daily live for him. Paul’s prayer for the Ephesians is also for you. We can ask the Holy Spirit to fill every aspect of your life to the fullest.

Christ might present to Himself the Church" This is another active subjunctive, which presents an element of contingency. This refers to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Just as Jesus' love for the church revolutionized the church, so too, a husband's love for his wife should stabilize and bless the Christian home. Spot" This is literally "no impurity."

wrinkle" Literally this means "no sign of age. Holy, this is from the same root as "sanctify. Blameless, his is an Old Testament sacrificial term. This same concept is mentioned as God's will for the church in 

The cumulative weight of all of these terms is that God desires the complete holiness of His people. The goal of Christianity is Christ likeness. The image of God in man will be restored and Holy Spirit fills us all.