JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the Names and Titles of God.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

My name is Tricia and it has been wonderful to be able to participate in this study and meet Christians from all over the world. I have learned so much, both from the lessons and the perspective and insights of so many of you.

For a little about me, I live in Southaven, Mississippi, USA. Southaven is on the Tennessee state line and is mostly a suburb of Memphis. In fact, I moved here while I was still working in Memphis, and my commute from my current home was shorter than when I actually lived in the city limits of Memphis which struck me as funny. I have one child, a son, who lives with his wife about 3 hours south of me. They have temporary custody of the world's greatest dog, my granddog. I not having much success in my attempts to talk them into giving her to me but they do bring her to visit fairly often.

I am an RN and worked in critical care for several years then switched to home health care. I loved all my work, but the time I enjoyed most was when I was a visiting nurse. When I became physically unable to make home visits or provide hands-on patient care I worked in the office at the home health agency. It broke my heart when I had to retire on disability but God is working in my life and I am learning to cope.

The following is the text of the letter I wrote to pastor Ralph when he sent the email about our forums having been hacked

I must confess, there is a temptation for me to allow this news to be emotionally devastating to me. I cannot begin to tell you the profound influence this study has had on my life. I am a Christian but had become very angry at God when going through a divorce. Despite my running hard from God, He continued to draw me to Him, until last year He finally laid me flat out with no where to look but up to Him. When I stumbled upon this study, God used it to open my mind, heart and life to Him again. Last week, I even started helping again in my church's Sunday School, something I wish I had never stopped doing. One of the ways this study has influenced me relates to that. In response to one of your questions about the battle during which Moses arms were being held up by others, one of the other forum users wrote that this spoke to her regarding the issue of service. Someone had to be called by God to hold Moses arms, and that Moses, to be used by God at that time, had to be willing to accept help and support from others. Pastor Ralph, I had been letting my pride (not being willing to tell others about some physical limitations) and stubborn refusal to acknowledge my need for help (much less accept help that is willingly offered)-I had let these things stop me from serving God in the ways I CAN still serve him. Even Moses allowed others to raise his arms. If he had not let them, neither he nor those called to support him would have been doing what God wanted them to do at that time. That was such a wake up call to me. I may not can stand or walk but short distances, hold a pen or cut with scissors, but I can tell a Bible story to second graders, talk to them, and listen to them. I almost feel as though this heinous attack on the study is a personal satanic attack on me. In a way, I suppose it is, as it is on all of us. I will be praying that the study will resume as soon as possible, and that whoever is behind this will repent and turn from attacking the the study of the Word of God. I will also be forwarding this to some great prayer warrior friends of mine.

Hello everyone, my name is Leslie and I live in TX. I'm in the Air Force and am taking college classes to complete a degree in English Literature. I have a wonderful husband and four beautifl kitty cats. I am definatley looking forward to the Names of God study; this free Bible study is a real blessing! :D

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am 51 years old and hail from Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A. I am praying that this Bible study we bring my relationship with God closer and aid in learning his will and direction in my life. Thank you to Pastor Ralph for making this format availible. God Bless

Hello to everyone! And may God Bless you all. This is my first online Bible study, and I am enjoying it so far, even though we have only had the first lesson. I am a youth leader in michigan, and I hope that I can take this Bible study, and encourage the youth to study the Word. I hope that you all have a Blessed day!

God Bless,

Nicole

P.S. You can check out my blog, its www.airibreathe21.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

It seems ages since I've logged on. After the hacker attack, I just let the lessons pile up while I worked on other projects. I can't even exactly remember where I was. Hopefully, I will get back in the groove and do a lesson a day in my daily devotional time. This is my second study with Joyful Heart. I have learned so much, and my faith has grown. I am from Arkansas and actively involved in the Emmaus Community. Any others out there? If so, DeColores!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Pei and I live in Taiwan. I'm very excited to meet you here and to learn more about the Bible.

It was quite interesting how I got to know this wonderful Web site and great opportunity of study. I've been working for the same company for 5 years and start to feel bored and depressed. I see no meaning in what I do. The frustration I got from work made me want to quit the job. I had a very inspiring talk with the CEO and he suggested me not to quit the job but study what I desire while working for the company at the same time. He expressed clearly that he cared about me and my wish for spiritual growth though he's not a Christian. Two days later he told me about this Web site and immediately I knew I could learn a lot from here.

The Names and Titles of God has provided me much opportunities to think about my relationship with God. I never paid attention to those tiles or names. From the lessons, I start to realize God is indeed a loving God and in many ways He shows his love, and I didn't even notice before! How wonderful and amazing that I get to know Him bit by bit each day.

Hello -

My name is Pam & I live in a suburb of Dallas, TX along with my husband & two teenage daughters. Until recently, I was on staff at my own church for 5 years (Dir. of Children's Music), but felt like it was time to move on. Since then I've felt a little lost even though I believe it was the right thing for me to quit my job. I haven't really felt like I've been getting the "spiritual food" I need for quite awhile. So a few days ago, I decided to run a search on the internet to see what kind of things I could find on line. I decided to try this site & picked the Names & Titles of God study because as a musician, the names of God is something I've sung about & studied indirectly through music. I thought a more in depth study would be interesting. Already I think it has been a good choice because I've had a desire (prompting of the Spirit) to check my email specifically for this study & to go back to it & look at different parts of the emails multiple times.

I look forward to learning & growing spiritually with fellow Christians from around the world who also desire deeper fellowship with God.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been utterly lost and was unable to sign on until today. I am, nevertheless, excited about these studies. Hello everyone and I will be spending my time catching up.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

This is my first time on this website. I live in Birmingham, Alabama. My husband & I have three adult sons. And I am now the caregiver for my elderly mother, so I don't get to the Bible studies at my church as I once did. That makes this study a real blessing. My soul was in real need of feeding.

Greetings from Singapore. I have been a secretary for the past 35 years and have recently retired. My hubby, who is a marine surveyor, has also stopped work, and we are in our very late 50s. We have 3 daughters in their early 20s; the eldest & youngest are working/ studying in Melbourne and our 2nd girl is staying with us. Myself & hubby are now serving in the hospital ministry of our church, Lighthouse Evangelism http://www.lighthouse.org.sg We visit patients at the hospitals to pray and share the good news with them. It is truly an eye opener and an enriching experience that the Lord has blessed us. Tonight a group of our friends (some from Brunei) is attending the Fire Conference by Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke at the Indoor Stadium, and we know we are going to be blessed again. And I am also so blessed to get a chance to study the bible online with Pastor Ralph. May the Lord anoint him with a double portion of blessing. Praise God and all glory belongs to Him.

Good Day Pastor Ralph and All you beutiful people.

My name is Heather and I live in Nova Scotia with my husband of 20 years and my three children, and opinionated but often right shih tzu Mieko. I happened upon the Joyful heart website this morning and saw the Name of the Lord study and decided to go for it. I love the Lord, He is so beutiful and kind to me, I cannot say enough about Him. However, as I looked around mainstream christianity it seemed somehow we had taken hold of some aspects of our Lords Character, His kindness, mercy, His love and faithfulness...and yet there still seemed to be a lacking in profound wonder, amazement and reverence of Him. I love knowing that He is my beloved friend and Savior, but He is also Yaweh, Captin of the Angel Armies, the Great I am, The Alpha and the Omega...I want to behold Him as Isaiah did...I believe by seeing Him more fully...I will become even more yielded to Him. Reading a book by Watchman Nee entitled "the Normal Christian Life"., I was struck by this elderly Chinese Lady he knew... she made this statement..."I want nothing for myself, but I want everything for Jesus. My prayer ever since has been Lord Help me to get to that place where I could say the same thing, and it be absolutly true.

I have to get to work...I work at a local hotel here as a front desk agent. Bless you all I look forward to getting to know you, and growing together in the word.

Shalom,

Heather

Good Day Pastor Ralph and All you beutiful people.

My name is Heather and I live in Nova Scotia with my husband of 20 years and my three children, and opinionated but often right shih tzu Mieko. I happened upon the Joyful heart website this morning and saw the Name of the Lord study and decided to go for it. I love the Lord, He is so beutiful and kind to me, I cannot say enough about Him. However, as I looked around mainstream christianity it seemed somehow we had taken hold of some aspects of our Lords Character, His kindness, mercy, His love and faithfulness...and yet there still seemed to be a lacking in profound wonder, amazement and reverence of Him. I love knowing that He is my beloved friend and Savior, but He is also Yaweh, Captin of the Angel Armies, the Great I am, The Alpha and the Omega...I want to behold Him as Isaiah did...I believe by seeing Him more fully...I will become even more yielded to Him. Reading a book by Watchman Nee entitled "the Normal Christian Life"., I was struck by this elderly Chinese Lady he knew... she made this statement..."I want nothing for myself, but I want everything for Jesus. My prayer ever since has been Lord Help me to get to that place where I could say the same thing, and it be absolutly true.

I have to get to work...I work at a local hotel here as a front desk agent. Bless you all I look forward to getting to know you, and growing together in the word.

Shalom,

Heather

Hello

My name is Bob Ortendahl. I am a 55 year old man. I am just learning here. I have just finished my 3rd lesson in both the Names and Titles of God and the Lord Suppoer Bible Study's. I am learning so much. I have never really shared my views or understandings of the Bible with anyone, but these Bible Studies are such a wonderful learning experience. Now I know that all those boring Sunday School classes in the 3rd, 4th, 5th grade are making so much sense to me now. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me. God Bless You All

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning,

I am from Texas and am new to the board and to the study. I recently (yesterday) found out about the website and have already signed up to start the Names of Jesus Bible study. I am looking forward to sharing with everyone as we all delve deeper into the wonderful Word of God.

Nichole

• 1 month later...

Good day everybody,

My name is Oluwatoyin Abegunde, from Nigeria, West Africa.

It is so wonderful to have the opportunity to participate in this online bible study. I thank God for Pastor Ralph who God is using to bless christians all over the world through this avenue.

I hope that by the end of this study i would have learnt more about the names of God, their meanings and significance.

God bless you all and have a great weekend ahead.

• 1 month later...

Is there someone else that is just starting this study? I am so excited to gain a better understanding of my Lord by His Name and titles. I would like to know who I am growing with during this study.

I'm not exactly just getting started, but I just got home from the hospital stay this evening so I did get way behind. I'll be picking back up in the next few days. This is a wonderful study, welcome!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone!

I stumbled on this online bible study when I conducted a google search into the "names of God" and I'm so glad I did! I'm excited about this study and the knowledge I am going to gain from it as I seek to get to know my Lord more and more. This study will be part of my early morning devotion as I stand in awe of God and learn of Him.

I'm originally from the Caribbean Island of Dominica but I live in Maryland. I got married a little over 8 months ago and I have been enjoying this walk in life with my hubby. I look forward to sharing, gleaning and learning from others in this forum as we all seek to have a closer walk with the Lord.

Blessings