JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

I am Linda and I ordered this right before injuring my shoulder and comming down with bronchitis! I have never participated in an online class of any kind and was really looking forward to this study. I have always loved the names of God and looked forward to this study greatly. Is it too late? Is thereanyone else just starting this one? I am going to try t do one leasson every few days. I look forward to hearing from others who are doing the study. Please send me an e-mail just to get to know one another too!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to everyone. My name is LaJuan and I live in Norton, KS USA. We recently moved here from AZ to get our four boys (ages 9, 14, 19, 21) away from an environment that was getting progressively worse. I am a stay-at-home mom and writer ( I just completed my first book - children's stories based on a tour of the Holy Land that my dad leads). I am actually quite shy and living in a small community I have some difficulty meeting people so I am looking for friends on the net while trying to get involved in a church (we haven't found one we really like yet) where we can minister and be ministered to.

I have always loved learning and look forward to doing this study. The names of God tell us so much about Him and what better learning than learning about God.

Is there someone else that is just starting this study? I am so excited to gain a better understanding of my Lord by His Name and titles. I would like to know who I am growing with during this study.

i'm just starting it and not sure what to do as of yet... but am here sooo .. hopefully will figure it out soon... first time i've ever used a forum like this... i too am looking to get more intimate with my Lord through learning him by all of his names

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to reviewing the names of God and increasing my awareness of His presence in my life. My name is Gloria. I live in Texas. I have a husband, three grown children, and five grandchildren who range in age from 6 to 16. Oh, I also have a really spoiled rat terrier named Lexi. I am a retired professor of education, having one year of retirement under my belt.

Besides Bible study, I enjoy singing and most forms of music, reading good books, gardening, sewing, and traveling. I look forward to exchanging ideas with others in this forum.

• 1 month later...

I'm Will from Edmonton, Alberta. I've recently graduated from high school, and am continuing my education at the University of Alberta. This is my first Bible Study, and I'm looking forward to it. Up until now, everything I've learned from the Bible I've learned on my own, with only God's help. My family and friends are not spiritual, so I have to go it alone. I chose the Name and Titles of God because I'm having difficulty discovering God's true character. There is such a large difference in what is considered right and wrong between the Old and New Testaments, so I'm trying to connect the two, and discover the true Christian God as opposed to the fearful, vengeance-taking God I picture from the Old Testament.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first online BS and I am excited about participating and looking forward to a new way of sharing the word of God with other believer's a cross the world. I recently received my licensing for Ministry and applying for college to obtain a degree in Family Ministry. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part.

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the Names and Titles of God.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Hi everybody, my name is Carolyn and I live in the state of Virginia. I am excited about studying this Bible study because I want a closer walk with my Lord and to learn everything about Him I can. I have two sons, both grown, and a granddaughter that is eleven. I look forward to hearing from you during this lesson. May God bless and keep you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is JanMary and this is my fourth study with Dr. Wilson....I started with the Beatitudes, and loved it so much I signed up for Hebrews, which was also amazing. A friend I met through the first study asked me to do Great Prayers of the Bible with her, which I'm really enjoying and I'm really looking forward to studying the Names and Titles of God with you, and with my dear friend Doris. Hi Doris!!!!!

I'm married and have two grown children...a son and a daughter who live nearby in Northern California, in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I'm writing a book about the Lord's amazing love and care for my family during a long period in the wilderness after catastrophic losses....He has provided and cared for every need. I'm excited to learn the names of God for many of the different aspects of Who He Is....and Who He has been to me during this painful season. I'm hungering and thirsting to know my Lord better, more fully...that's my goal for this study.

In God's love,

JanMary

To anyone new to Dr. Wilson's study, you are in for a treat....WELCOME! :D

Hi, Dr. Wilson and all others!

I'm Sandra Klyn from South Carolina, USA. I was searching the web for info on the Names of Jesus for a study I will teach beginning in a few weeks....and I found this site! So I decided that I would take this online course. I look forward to learning with you all.

I love the Lord and have walked with Him for 33 years....an amazing journey in more ways that I can tell!! God gifted me to teach and evangelize....so He keeps me busy serving Him. He is a pleasure to serve!!

The Bible study that will be studying the Names of Jesus is made up of women that the Lord drew to the study...from all backgrounds, ages, circumstances, etc. Most of them are new believers or immature believers. So they will get much from the study...and my study with you all will greatly enhance my ability to share with them!

For many years, I have been fascinated with the meaning of "name" in the Bible and all that it implies. I look forward to learning more!!!

In His grasp,

Sandra K

• 4 weeks later...

Shalom,

My name is Vickilynn and I am excited to be in this study.

I found it doing a word search on the names of G-d, looking up "Jehovah" to share with someone that "Jehovah" is not a true name of G-d. I read Dr. Wilson's site and found the study! I was skeptical (be careful of theology on the 'net), but it is SO good! I'm so thrilled to be here and look forward to learning along with y'all.

~~In Messiah Yeshua,

Vickilynn

Micah 6:8

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone I'm from St.Lucia,West Indies also known as the Windward Island. I have completed two Bible Studies with Joyful Heart in which i have gained a great depth of knowledge which has help in my growth in my walk with Christ. I accepted Christ as my Lord and Saviour in 1996 and joyfully serve Him in my ups, downs and lows. Lets just say i found my Purpose.

Ecclesiastes 9 : 10 " Whatever your hands finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, my name is Rosemary and I live in New Zealand. I came from England 30 years ago with my first husband and our three children. I have since remarried, and gained two more children - all of them adults now of course - and we now have 7 grandchildren between us.

What would we do without Google! I too found this site and study via Google and can already feel the impact of learning more about the meanings of God's names. I look forward to continuing to learn.

Mrs M.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rosemary - looks like we might be studying this course together judging by the post dates. I'm from Belfast in N. Ireland (UK) and am disabled with a raft of rheumatic conditions which leave me semi-housebound at times. I've been out of work since 1994 and widowed from my wonderful but alcoholic husband Stephen since 1998. I've 2 wonderful stepdaughters who include me heavily in their lives still. I founded a charity for those with one of my conditions (fibromyalgia) in 1995, and although I left as Chair in 2001, I'm still involved quite a lot as I undertake all the fundraising, manage the website (which I created), and am on the Helpline weekly. So I keep fairly busy which is the way I like it!

I've done some other online (paid) bible studies which I've thoroughly enjoyed, but with finances at a premium figured I need to look into those like this one that are free. And out of all the available ones, this one really appealed to me, as I've long felt that we truly don't revere God as we should, and are way too familiar with Him. So I wanted a study that pointed me to the Majesty and Holiness of this incredible Being who created us and wants a relationship with us - awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm a college freshman who happened upon this bible study on google. I want to renew my fellowship with God, which has been challenging, at a secular college where I feel overwhelmed by the world.

I hope the Spirit will slowly guide me into submitting to and revering our God.

God bless your studies.

• 3 weeks later...
<_< Hello everybody I am from the little Island over the big pond and have just started this week with this study about the names of God. I am very much looking forwards to it and feel very excited as I know that God has been challenging me for some time to get to grips with this topic so at last I have !!! I work as a civil Servant and go to a lively church of 350+ members in the North East of England. This year will be my 50th natural birthday in October an my spiritual 30th birthday in August from when I got to know Jesus. It hasnt been an easy road sometimes but I wouldnt change any of it as it has defined who I have become as a person. I am excited also aboyt this new phase in deepening my relationship with God in new ways.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm from Sacramento, California and was looking for a way to delve into God's work that would fit into my busy lifestyle. I very excited to begin the study on the names of God! I'm a teacher in a Charter School that works with Homeschooling students.

I'm from Sacramento, California and was looking for a way to delve into God's work that would fit into my busy lifestyle. I very excited to begin the study on the names of God! I'm a teacher in a Charter School that works with Homeschooling students.

Dear Cheryla, welcome aborad, I know you will enjoy the study on the Names of God. I finished that study not to long ago, it was awesome! I never realized how awesome and wonderful our God is until I got into that study. I pray that God will reveal himself to you as you study and enlighten you as He did me. May God bless you in this study and have a wonderful relationship with our Lord.