JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. The Battle Is the Lord's

Pastor Ralph

Names of God: Lesson 2

Q5. How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

My own current understanding and knowledge is that the battle is the Lord

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Q5.

How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life?

In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong?

Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

I often think if I only remembered the battles are not mine to fight, and had only left them to God for Him to win the battle, I would have done things differently, not in my strength but in His, and the outcome would have been perfect. Instead of me messing things up. This does not mean I can relax. I have to be vigilant and prepared for any attack. This I do by putting on the full armour of God. It is important to study and meditate on the Word

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windy

Q5. How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

Ephesians 6:11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. The Lord is in charge, the battle is His, but He wants us to be involved. We have to learn, that He is the Commander, it gives me, great hope to know, it is all in His hands.

We can do nothing in our own strength, and if we try, we will fail. If we are brash, we rely on our strength and the battle is lost. If we are timid, we are to afraid, and the battle is lost. If we are truly God's children, He will fight the battle. Arrogants and pride will keep God from fighting the battle. Turning away from God and going our own way will also keep God from fighting for us. We have to be in God's will for Him to fight our battles. If we are in His will than they are His battles.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think that knowing that the battle is the Lord should give us confidence that we do not have to do it on our own. If I am timid, it means that I don't have confidence in God and that I am fearful - thinking that I am not able to fight the battle- which in one sense is true if I want to do it in my own strength. Brashness on the other hand is also wrong when I think that I can take on the enemy in my own strength and fight the battle for God instead of with Him. God will not fight my battles if I am outside of His will, I have to come in line with Him, not expect Him to do everything that I ask or demand. At times is might seem that the enemy is winning, but we just have to persevere and trust in God who is our banner and Commander.

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing that the battle is the Lord's enables us to approach life with confidence! However, we must take care that confidence does not fall into the extremes of reckless pride or lack of action on our part. The battle being the Lord's means that His pre-ordained outcome will prevail but He uses our willing and obedient participation to fulfill that plan. Only then can we be truly blessed.

He does not fight our battles - we participate in His.

Had fortune been more in the way of the human race it would have been clear to them to have observed only the bare essentials of existence through Nature itself...However...due to Mankind's repeated denials at historical revelations, it has been thrown into vortex after vortex of repetition....In this sense Timidity and Brashness have their drawbacks in not clearly perceiving why the Lord will not fight our battles.

• 3 weeks later...

5. a. Knowing that the battle is the Lord's I approach life with the confidence and trust in the Lord to be with me in my battles, when I call upon Him for help because I cannot do it in my own strength. He goes before me and makes a way where there is no way.

b. Timidity gets it wrong because we are not to be fearful or weak, we are to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Brashness gets it wrong because we can get bold and confident in ourselves. He is the Mighty Warrior and not us.

c. He will not fight for our battles if we are living in sin, not trusting Him or asking Him to help us.

• 2 months later...

With this knowledge about God, we should remove every fear from us, stop struggling on our own stand up every time as co army of Yahweh to fight the battle with Him at our head as the Commander, watch and pray ceaselessly as the enemy keeps walking about looking for whom to devour. I pray that the Lord will strengthen me to do all this. As long as we are on the Lords side He will always fight the battles of our lives as His children we should always check ourselves and make sure we are in line with our maker and whereby we fall out of line quickly ask for His forgiveness and get back on track. He is merciful and faithful

• 1 month later...

We shouldn't worry because God has a watch on us. While me my mom and my brothers were discussing this part I learned the timidity means shy and brashness is bold so if you are shy you don't think that God will fight with you and if you are bold you are thinking that you can do everything with out god's help. One istance that I think of is if we push away God.

The purpose of this battle that the Lord's affected the way we approach life is that God goes our lives and we also fight our sins when we don't do some stupidity and some callow things. timidity and brashness have some foolish ways that when someone is shy and being bold, they think I can handle by themselves and don't need Lord to help them. yes, there are some instances which the Lord didn't fight our battles is God can't help us when we done some sophomoric things and done some stupid things when they've done wrong.

Before even attempting to answer this question I just wanted to say that I was very blessed with this study. I have been going through some battles and letting them wear me down but just thinking on God as my Mighty Warrior has once again filled me with the strength to continue the battle and remember that the Lord is my guide and mentor and Warrior and will be with me through out it all...Thank You Jesus

We should approach life with a spirit of being winners and without fear. At times both timidity and brashness may enter and both are wrong...we do not need to be timid or fearful and on the other hand being to bold and self-serving is also the wrong approach. It is not us that is in charge but the Lord ...we need to follow His lead with faith and trust. There are times that the Lord will not fight our battles...for one thing if they are not in line with his Word...if they are battles where evil or Satan is dwelling don't expect help from the Lord and I also believe at times the Lord lets us fail for our own good but where we are in a spiritual battle the Lord will always be there for us

How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

this should make us not be fearful. timidity makes us think we can't do anything and brashness makes us think we can do anything without god. yes if we do not ask him or if it is ungodly.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Though the battle is the Lord’s, we must still stay prepared by wearing the full armor of God and praying continuously. We have to come to know and realize who the REAL enemy is. What many don’t realize is that our spiritual enemies have been watching us since our entry into the world (birth), when we didn’t even realize their existence. We grow older, become saved (whenever) and God begins transforming us. He introduces us to the spiritual realm and we have to learn how to live and function in that realm – here on earth. This means learning how to fight in the spirit and learning who the REAL enemy is. It’s God who has to open one’s spiritual eyes and ears; man can’t do it. If the timid and brash do have “eyes to see and ears to hear” and they still can’t get it, then it’s time to ask -- whose spirit do they have? “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline” (2 Tim 1:7 NLT).

If we do not wear our armor, pray, and/or continue to remain in a sinful state, I don’t believe God will or can fight the battle on our behalf (because as noted the battle is not ours). If we do not read His Word daily then we will not be equipped to stay in the fight nor will the Holy Spirit be able to help us recall our ammunition (scripture) when needed.

• 2 weeks later...

If we truly believe then we should never go or do anything without the leading of our Lord for without him we are doombed. With him we always win as well as without him we will lose.

• 4 months later...

It seems that the Lord in His death, burial and resurrection is our whole life. As we look to Him, we are led step by step in a walk of faith in the battle we face. There is peace and joy in the midst of the storm. It is about trust and obedience to the prompting of God. It means courage in the face of our human weakness; the courage and boldness of the Spirit Fo God and it means waiting in Him for His timing. When there is sin in our lives, at one level we do not trust of care if He is fighting our battles or not. We are not thinking of Him. If we know Him He is doing what He does, but we do not have the peace and assurance that He is.

It seems that the Lord in His death, burial and resurrection is our whole life. As we look to Him, we are led step by step in a walk of faith in the battle we face. There is peace and joy in the midst of the storm. It is about trust and obedience to the prompting of God. It means courage in the face of our human weakness; the courage and boldness of the Spirit Fo God and it means waiting in Him for His timing. When there is sin in our lives, at one level we do not trust of care if He is fighting our battles or not. We are not thinking of Him. If we know Him He is doing what He does, but we do not have the peace and assurance that He is.

• 7 months later...