JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. The Battle Is the Lord's

Pastor Ralph

Q5. How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

With this knowledge in hand I do not fear the assignments that God has for me. It is His battle and I am aligned with Him. I serve in His army. I fear nothing, but God Almighty, God the Most High, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. I do not fear death because to die is to be present with God Almighty and it is a part of our passage of life. Again, if God is for me, who or what can be against me. I am in His hands.

We need to be both bold and humble in our relationship with God.

The Lord will not fight our battles if we are walking outside of His will for our lives. He will not fight our battles if we are in rebellion against Him and hold Him in contempt.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

I think we need to approach life in the knowledge that if we are where God wants us to be and trusting Him He will be there fighting for us. If we are timid, it can look as if we are really not sure of His strength or are ashamed of the Gospel and if we attack things brashly, we put people off and send them away from accepting the kingdom. When we are not in God

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

Knowing the battle is the Lord's I should approach life in obedience motivated by love. I believe that obedience is also a measure of our faith. That is, we are obedient to what we believe is the truth although it may not be in our earthly reality yet. The battle is the Lord's but we claim the victory through obedience motivated by love. At time obedience calls us to sacrifice, to love, to forgive, to lay down my own life. Depending on what God says will claim the victory I must respond to in loving obedience.

Timidity and brashness get in the way because it means my heart is not in the right posture. I love how walking God is fluid. It is a real and dynamic relationship. I must always come before God and check my where my heart is at. Timidity is not from God, and brashness is different from being bold. Brashness means that I am overly confident in myself.

The Lord does not fight my battles that He is using to stretch me. Without exercising my faith and obedience, these muscles will remain small. Some battles I believe God has equipped us to fight and we have to fight them to grow. But we have confidence and can gain courage knowing that God does not give us anything we are not capable of handling with His strength.

How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life? In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong? Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

Knowing the battle is the Lord's I should approach life in obedience motivated by love. I believe that obedience is also a measure of our faith. That is, we are obedient to what we believe is the truth although it may not be in our earthly reality yet. The battle is the Lord's but we claim the victory through obedience motivated by love. At time obedience calls us to sacrifice, to love, to forgive, to lay down my own life. Depending on what God says will claim the victory I must respond to in loving obedience.

Timidity and brashness get in the way because it means my heart is not in the right posture. I love how walking God is fluid. It is a real and dynamic relationship. I must always come before God and check my where my heart is at. Timidity is not from God, and brashness is different from being bold. Brashness means that I am overly confident in myself.

The Lord does not fight my battles that He is using to stretch me. Without exercising my faith and obedience, these muscles will remain small. Some battles I believe God has equipped us to fight and we have to fight them to grow. But we have confidence and can gain courage knowing that God does not give us anything we are not capable of handling with His strength.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to be rest assured that we are on the Lord's side therefore there is nothing to fear, just put our faith in God Almighty that the battle is His He will fight for us. Being timid or fearful only let in the devil in our lives, but rather we need not fear for the Lord is our banner. We also need not to be forceful but rather wait on the Lord to act at the right time, He is never late He is always on time, we only mess up the Lord's plan through our impatience. There is no way the Lord can not fight our battle, of course if we move away from Him through our humanness.

• 4 weeks later...

For some people, knowing the victory is ours is enough for them. Surprisingly, I don't.

The best way I can explain it is in sports terms. Sometimes, if a team builds up a commanding lead in a game, they tend to relax more. In some cases, they get careless and start getting lazy. Then the other team comes back and by this time has built enough momenum to take the lead.

I sometimes take for granted that God is fighting the battle for us that I get lazy myself. Then I find myself in the same messes I had gotten myself into, then start beating myself up for being lazy. Thank God for His mercy and grace to help restore. I must never forget that though the battle is the Lord's, we are still called to "be ever vigilant" in our lives so that sin doesn't overtake us.

Timidity has no place in this battle. Neither does brashness. While God fights for us, we are still called to "put on the armor" and fight for ourselves. We win "not by our might, not by our power, but by His Spirit". If we deceive ourselves and think we have things under complete control, God may let us "fall" a little in order for us to see the error of our ways and turn back to Him.

• 1 month later...

Q5. How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life?

We put our armour on, take up the rod of God, Christ Jesus, and go forward! knowing God is going before us!

In what way do both timidity and brashness get it wrong?

Timidity is not "faith"- it is weakness, showing fear. Brashness is not "faith" it is a form of weakness,

fragile, reckless, impetuous. For God to fight our battle for us, we must go forth in "faith," in confidence,

confident that God is going ahead of us.

Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles?

If we go ahead of God, if we are leading the way, then the battle would be our battle to fight.

If we go ahead, doing our own thing, did not put on the armour God instructed us to put on,

I do not see Him fighting the battle for us; Remember, the people had to go out and fight

the battle, as we have to too, we can do it because our "faith" is in God Almighty, who is leading the way.

This battle we face each day is a serious battle, it is for our soul, it is with the powers of this earth.

It is important we dress for battle, put on God's armour, put on "faith"! we too have the rod of God in our hand, Christ Jesus. :huh:

• 1 month later...

Knowing that the battle is the Lord's is knowing that I have already won through Christ Jesus. Believing, trusting, and thanking the Lord for the victory, even when I don't see it through my natural eyes, knowing in my spiritual it is done. Being timid and brashness is trying to do it on my own, not realizing who I am in the Lord, not stepping back and letting God work in the way he knows best. It is when I start getting over confident and not realizing that God is interested in every little thing that concerns us. Our Father wants us to come to Him with every problem we have. We are to put on the whole armor of God that we may stand the wiles of the devil. God's armor is our weapon's to fight with. I don't think there are any battles that the Lord will not fight for us if we stay true and faithful to Him. If we turn our backs, and try to do it on our own, no I don't think He will fight for us, because He will teach us a great lesson about not leaning on the Lord.

No matter waht battle we face, we must remember what Rom 8:31 states, What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

If we are timid we show lack of faith and trust in Yah, yet if we express brashness, we show pride and then cometh a fall.

If we enter into a confilt that is contrary to his word, or we are ignoring his will and direction in our life, and have turned our back on him. He will not be there with us.

No matter waht battle we face, we must remember what Rom 8:31 states, What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

If we are timid we show lack of faith and trust in Yah, yet if we express brashness, we show pride and then cometh a fall.

If we enter into a confilt that is contrary to his word, or we are ignoring his will and direction in our life, and have turned our back on him. He will not be there with us.

Knowing that the Lord is battle is His gives me strength to know that we have won the battle over Evil and that we must follow the Lord and let him battle and we must follow his Battle plan. To be lazy and not vigilant will cause us to not see the battle right in front of us and we will be taken down or fight the wrong way. So again we must have faith in Gods battle plan and battle according to his plan not our own. The Lord will not battle with us if we are stubborn and chose to go it our own way and battle for our selves, though if we come to him and accept his battle plan he will fight for us if we humble our selves and put our Faith in Him and Him alone.

How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life?

Through Bible reading I can learn how God wants me to live. However, when I go into spiritual battle I have no power apart from God and His word, the Bible. When it seems like I'm losing the battle I only have to read the end of the book. The outcome of my life is up to Him. The ultimate winning of my battle is my arrival in Heaven to be ever present with the Lord.

I cannot be timid, because all the power of Heaven is given to me. I cannot be haughty because none of that power is mine - it is the Lord's.

I cannot assume that the Lord will be on my side. I must be on His side. He will not help me do something that is against his perfect plan for my life. My part is to stay close to Him, read the Bible, and follow. I am just a private in the army of God.

We should approach life without worrying about the things that we cannot control, because God will handle it for us. Timidity is wrong because you have no need to be timid knowing that God fights for you. Brashness is also wrong because God does not fight for you and your pride: he fights for what is right, and you may not always be right. The Lord won't fight our battles if our battles are unrighteous, or if we overstep our boundaries. There are things that we do not need, such as wealth and power, that God will not necessarily give us.

Q5. How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life?

Such a timely question for me this morning! I'm in a battle right now, discouraged, feeling great stress which is affecting my body, under personal attack. I've been toughing it out unsuccessfully. Last night during a fresh assault, and on the verge of despair, I remembered the names of God. At 3:00 am. I called on the Lord, the Mighty Warrior, to come and fight this battle for me, & to call the host of Heaven if needed because I was surrounded! His peace settled immediately, and I realized He'd been waiting for me to ask Him to battle for me! How I pray that I'll remember this, and ask Him to fight the battles in the future! This morning I experienced a miracle in the situation, and it has turned around. I love the Ex.14:14 reference in the lesson: "The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest". Praise His mighty name...He did this for me last night!

Timidity is unbelief in God's willingness/ability to fight for me. Brashness is presumption and arrogance and lacks the humility of a child trusting in God to fight. Brashness reminds me a a kid saying "My Dad can whip your Dad"...just for the sake of show. God doesn't "perform" just to prove a point.

We are called to fight the good fight of faith...to have courage..not be timid in battle. Brashness, I believe, is thinking I can handle things and not ask God to fight through me. Neither will get the job done.

There have been some battles I've had to fight...those are the times He's trying to strenghthen my warrior skills. He won't fight a battle for me if it's not His will for my life. A closed door sometimes is to remain closed.

Knowing that my battles belong to GOD shold allow me to approach life without fear or being intimidated by others.

we fight not against flesh and blood and wven when others area against me causing difficulties GOD loves and wants them to come to know HIM personally as well.

BY being timid or over confident I miss out on GOD's protection and provision in my life. I etiher let others takle advantage of me or I take advantage of them either way selfishness takes presidence over the work of GOD. sometimes I allow the circumstances to take control and I get all out of whack allowing the peace of GOD to not prevail in and through me.

my praise is hindered by being timid of others and or things.

Knowing that the battle is the Lord's does affect me in my life. After my initial panic!!! I will most often remember that the Lord is my Banner...and I do rally myself to faith....and pray....and give glory to Him for the victory ahead.

Timidity would occur when a person is fearful and shrinks back from the battle and gives over the victory.

Brashness would occur when anger prevails in the person or self-confidence,,,which is foolish.

Are there any instances in which the Lord will not fight our battles? Yes, I would think that the Lord MIGHT leave us to our own battles if we are in a sinful mode. His discipline works!!

• 4 months later...

How should the knowledge that the battle is the Lord's affect the way we approach life?

I should not fear man , but God. I should also make sure I am fighting on His side. Knowing that I am on His side, and He is fighting for me and with me, should help dispell fear and encourage boldness.

Strong and courageous, not timid. We don't run, we fight!

Brashness makes me think of pride. Brashness also hurts people. We fight with love.

In the scripture examples given, I could only see one - disobedience.

• 2 weeks later...

When we know ( know) that we have no power over a circumstance we are no longer responsible for the outcome. Our faith is strengthen the more we depend on God. this does not mean we should do nothing but instead we should wait on God to direct and guide us in the direction we should go.

be we timid or brash they mean the same that we have no faith in God so we try to do a thing ( win a battle that we are not equipped to fight)

the timid has no expectation of success because re thinks he can do it himself: the brash has no expectation of success because he thinks he has power to make God his will.

I don't believe there are any instances when God will not fight our battle, I do think that we sometime desire a end result that is not inline with what God has for us and say the battle is lost. The time when god will not fight for us is when we loose contact with him. this is evident in that every time the children of Jacob turn from God they when into bondage or submission to some other kingdom.

• 3 weeks later...

As long as we believe that the battle is the Lord's, we can face life without fear and anxieties because we know that God will never desert us. If we are timid, we may not ask for God's help and we will act out our lives with insecurities because we are not fully grounded in His promise. If we are brash, we may begin to think that we can handle life's battles on our own. I don't think that God will fight our battles if we turn our backs on Him, because then we wouldn't ask for His help. we would think we are self sufficient.

• 3 months later...

We should approach life in confidence because the battle is the Lord's and He is almighty He is the Lord of hosts and He is omnipotent. He has conquered the enemy on the cross.

Timidity means that we do not trust God fully and brashness means that we are depending on our own strength and both are dishonoring to God.

The Lord will not fight our battles when we act on our own and not under His guidance.

• 4 weeks later...

We should not be concerned about any situation that we face in our lives, because God's word assures us that the battle is the Lord's not ours. The Lord will fight for us and He will win if we trust in Him. There are many verses in the Bible that show us that the battle belongs to the Lord, some are located in the Old Testament and some are in the New Testament. When we are either timid or brash, we do not let the Lord fight the battle for us. If you are timid, you probably will not do what God wants you to because you are afraid that something will go wrong, or someone would think that you are stupid. If you are brash, you will take too much pride in what you are doing and thinking that you are the one winning the battle. The Lord will not fight our battles if we do not ask Him to help. :lol:

• 4 months later...

We can face each day with a bright new hope and a knowledge that is with us all the time. We need neiver fear any trial or battle we are going throug as God is on the job asready.Timidity abd brasshness are both false beliefs we have about ourselves. They come from Satan and take away our ability to see God. They stop us from living the vicrorious life we have in Christ. We live in fear and not faith.

I don't believe there are any battles that the Lord will not fight for us as Christian. In non belief He can't fight the battles because they are not given over to Him

• 3 weeks later...

In my daily schedule, I just finished reading about an angel telling Daniel about Michael as the marshal of Gods soldiers.

The angels of God and the angels of satan are always fighting a spiritual war.

Many times, the angels of satan use people to fight a human war.

I think that this means that they can inspire us to do evil things.

The point is that God will win or has won.

I don't exactly know.

This should mean that He not only allows us to fight but also regulates it.

If I get this wrong, please feel free to correct me in a personal message.