JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Submitting to the King

Pastor Ralph

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

He is Lord. He is my King. He is the one i want to rule my life. :rolleyes:

What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King?

HE is an awesome God. He gives me peace in my trials. When i choose to let him be my King. :rolleyes:

What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis?

It means i know he knows what is best for me. I will always follow him. And do my best for him.

How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

By doing the things they know are not right. Not keeping him first in their lives. :(

Submitting ourselves to the claims of Jesus Christ,together we seek to hornor Him,embody His presence and proclaim His Gospel with authenticity,humility, and love.

As it is read in 2Chron.30:8 Do not be stubborn,as they were, but submitt ourself to the Lord,and come to His Temple which he has set apart as holy forever.

We do not need to be bound by our failures, we can recover if we are willing to submit our lives to God and His Son Jesus Christ.

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God? What are the advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as King? What does it mean for you to submit to the King on an everyday basis? How does a person reject Yahweh from being King over him or her?

1). 1Timothy 6:15 say's that God is king of kings and Lord of lords.

Romans 13:1-7 Governing authorities are sevants of God an a agent of wrath to bring punishment wrong doing. Removing God put puts everyone lifes in jepardy.

It puts a nation with regard to God the King in the same position if they're not doing the will of God they to shall be punish. :rolleyes:

If Yahweh is my King and Jesus is my Messiah then I have an oblagation to follow them no matter what the cost to me. I must obey without question and give them my total loyalty. I must do what they tell me to do and surrender wverything to them because they are my rulers.

The advantages are they there is no one with the power of the God of Heaven,Yahweh, and there is no other name under heaven where I can be saved but the name of Jesus my Lord and Saviour.

To submit on an every day basis is to do what ever I am called on by the Lord to do and nothing else. He is Lord and King and I should try every day to show obedience to Him and serve Him in everyway that I can. I must try everyday to remembe that He has total control of my life and submit to that control.

A person rejects God and Jesus by refusing the gift God gave all of us His Son who died for our sins. If we reject his calling and refuse to accept His offer of salvation then we are denying Him as our Lord and King.

I reject God as my King when I refuse to love the christians that he send me as brother and sisters in Christ

and even harder when i refuse to love those who aren't kind and loving to me in return. Anytime I refuse to keep God's laws I am denying Him as King.

The personal implications of Yahwey being my King and Jesus being my Messiah sent from God is that I have to seek HIS Will rather than going about things my own way. I owe HIM total obedience and trust without showing double standard.

The advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as king is the protection, assurance of salvation, love and peace i enjoy from HIM as my King.

To submit to the King on everyday basis is to acknowldge him as the KIng, obey him and serve HIM faithfully.

By the time you prefer to rely on other gods to solve your problems rather on relying on Yahwey, it authomatically means that you are rejecting HIM. Because you no longer have confidence that HE is your Lord and personal saviour.

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

He is our Redeemer and Lord our Savior and the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. We are to submit ourselves to him and let him have his way in our lives. Which is easy if you love Jesus the way he loves us. He is my everything and to learn more of him read his word.

NO matter what we face he will never leave us or forsake us he will walk through the valley of death with us we will never have to be alone again. He is our protector our provider he is our King. Thank you Jesus.

Read and do what we read in the word of God then we will live our lives for him on a daily basis. He has to be first he will not take any other place in our lives. Live what we know to strive to learn more and live that also. Daily we repent and walk close to him.

When we refuse to submit to his will and his way in our lives and read his word and pray to talk to him is an important thing that many do not seem to understand. He is our friend we need to be able to tell him everything before we take it to other friends we talk it over with Jesus. If we don't then we are rejecting him and his will for our lives. We tend to hold to the human desires more than to those that he has set for us and it must break his heart to see anyone that has excepted him into their life turn to others before they turn to their King. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

• 4 weeks later...

My personal implications is that Yahweh being my King is that i will always looked up to him because he is the LORD and he rein over everybody and everything, and JESUS being the Messiah is that he come to redeem us from our sins. The advantages of Yahweh as the King is that he is the King of Kings, I will always submit to the King because he the ruler of the earth and all that is on the earth. A person can reject Yahweh if he do not know that he is the King over him or her.

• 1 month later...

The personal implications of Yahweh being my King and Jesus being sent from God is that everything Jesus says is from God and to be obeyed because if we have seen Him, then we have seen the Father; they are One. The advantages of being a subject of Yahweh is that He is merciful!! To submit to the King everyday means to seek His will at every moment, to weigh all things by His Spirit, to do good works out of love for Him and for His creation. One rejects Him from being King over their lives by seeking their own selfish desires, never striving to please Him, and never repenting of sin.

Q2. What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

Living my life with Yahweh as my King and Jesus as the Messiah puts the responsibility on me that all will see Jesus in me and in everything I do. I must live my life in a way that the unbeliever will see Jesus is me.

I can count on Him always being there for me and to always love me. He will never forsake me.

It means that I will love my neighbor as myself. I will live my life in a way that is pleasing to Him. It means that I will pray and read His Word daily, I will obey Him.

By not reading and believing His Word, by not being obedient to Him, by putting themselves first over God. By forgetting that

• 3 weeks later...

What are the personal implications of Yahweh being your King and of Jesus being the Messiah sent from God?

Put Yaweh first in your mind and heart and motivation.

Through Jesus I can draw near to Yaweh.

I am spiritually alive, blessed by God and have hope of everlasting life.

Draw close by prayer, reading and meditating on His word and doing His work.

By not responding to the Holy Spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

The personal implications of God being my king are that I no longer am driving the car, but God is and I am seating at the passenger

• 2 weeks later...

Yahweh, be an absolute human body for king just does not even compute into my understanding. The Lord "King of Kings" over all and having full faith and believing in him brings eternal life to me. Presidents, Prime Ministers and Kings are just a figure head of a nations government. Jesus is the Messiah which will be sent again by God to save all believers and true Christians. I guess seeing Yahweh as King one would have the power and would have people cater to them daily. I submit to the King "Jesus" sacrificed by God as Messiah and Savior, my full faith and believe are in him. I reject Yahweh being my King because I believe in all teachings of the Lord and Jesus Christ, the One and Only, King of Kings, Savior to all.

Yahweh being my King means that He rules my life. That I trust and obey Him and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. He has dominion over my life. There are too many advantages to name them all. But first and foremost it means I have eternal life and will go to be with my Father one day. He will lead and guide me and make me successful. I submit to my Lord, sometimes it is easy, sometimes it is a struggle, but everytime I submit it brings glory to Him. It brings me closer to God and brings success to my life.

Rejection can come in many forms. By not submitting to God's will, by dening Him, by being disobedient.

• 3 weeks later...

If only the whole world could have known what Power Lies in the Hand Yahweh , we could not be wasting most of our resources on building armies to defend our Nations.

For me I have full confidence in Yahweh as my King , He is the King of kings .

When I think of Yahweh as my King , I really feel very great becuase He is the King of kings and when I have Him I will be very secure not to fear anything in this world.

• 3 months later...

Personal freedom and joy. This is the implication of accepting God as King and Jesus as the Messiah. When one is in the presence of God, he is free from sin and he experiences a deep serenity that only the kingship of Jesus can give. To submit one's total person to the suzerainty of God does not diminish man's freedom, but in fact enhances it. No experience is more liberating than submitting to the Lordship of Jesus. It is when one breaks the Divine will of the forgiving God that one falls into the slavery of sin.

• 2 weeks later...

The personal implications of Yahweh being my King and Jesus being the Messiah sent from God is my submission to His will as I recognize that my life is under His complete control.

The advantage of being the subject of Yahweh as King is that my submission to His rule affords me the benefits of being positioned for His promises of success and prosperity to be realized in my life.

When I submit to the King of Kings on an everyday basis I am honoring Him giving Him the absolute authority in my life.

A person rejects Yahweh from being King over him or her by not accepting Jesus as Savior and Lord.

• 2 months later...

Unlike earthly rulers, the name "Yahweh," to me, means absolute ruler. Since our entire American history is based on people demanding and taking their freedom from any such rule, especially rule over our personal lives, I think that it is extremely difficult for Americans to even grasp this concept of an absolute ruler who is interested and invested in every area of our lives!

Therefore, I suppose it is no wonder that there has been, not only a breakdown of respect for the authority parents have/should have over their children, but also a general lack of respect of, worshipful awe of, and obedience to GOD. It's one of those chicken or egg quandaries as to which relationship broke down first in this country, but I imagine it was adults' lack of obedience to Almighty GOD that first lead to the breakdown or at least tarnishing of every other relationship we now have: not only person to person, but to our environment, to the other creatures we share this world with, and a lack of discipline and respect for our own selves. If obesity, for instance, is truly the leading health concern in this country, is it any wonder that so many other things are going wrong (either from abuse or neglect) in this world, when we don't even care enough about ourselves to keep our our own bodies healthy?!!

And if "the fear of GOD is the beginning of wisdom," (Proverbs 9:10-12) then we're fast becoming a nation of idiots! :wacko:

But, please, don't misunderstand me! I'm preaching this little sermon to a congregation of one: myself! I've had quite an epiphany since our faithful and merciful Lord healed me of MS and woke me from a coma. A lifetime of what I thought was exemplary Christian behavior and service, when compared to biblical standards turns out to be worth less than filthy rags. And I'm not trying to be dramatic here; I'm saying the Lord opened my eyes and let me take a look at my delusional "good life" and, quite frankly, it was *crap*! I don't know how to say it any plainer than that. The wonder of it all, however, is that He didn't let me get a clear glimpse in the mirror to scorn me, abuse me, nor deride me, but rather out of total love and concern for me, to disabuse me of my false ideals of self. To be more frank, He let me realize that my life really doesn't have anything to do with *self* at all, except as a measurement of my personal relationship with JESUS Christ. Put in simplest terms, that relationship should be a continual shift of less of me and more of Him. Yet with every act of self-will, every commission of disobedience, or omission of love, service, and/or worship, I make a liar out of the Author of the Bible and render my Christian witness a confusing, worthless sham.

"I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ liveth in me," so the song goes, taken from Galations 2:20. That is what subjugation and submission to GOD means to me. If I'm dead, (and as a matter of fact I have been physically dead before so I have a more unique perseptive on this than most people), then why should I care what the world thinks of me? Why do I even compare myself to anyone else? If I'm dead, and don't even have ownership of myself (First Corinthians 6:20; 7:23), then why should I focus on anything or anyone else except He Who has bought me: my Owner, Lover, Lord, and King! I have been paid for body and soul; therefore I should try my best to totally convert myself into the image of He Who now has sealed me to Himself. (John 6:29; Second Corinthians 2:20-22; Ephesians 1:3-14; 4:30)

• 4 months later...

God says He will never leave us or forsake us. This is good to know that our Lord is constantly there for us. At the same time, we need to realize we must make a determined decision to never leave God, by making choices in our lives that does not bring us closer to God; rather they pull us farther from Him. We need to be in communication with God on a daily basis; seeking His way through all that we go through. This is for our advantage. We will avoid many traps and pitfalls that the devil lays for us to be caught up in. When we do things our way, instead of seeking and asking God for His direction, we are saying to God, our way is better and we no longer need God; we become a god for ourselves.

• 4 weeks later...

Many implications come with Yahweh as my King. His rule is permanent unless I chose to overthrow Him. Jesus, the Mesiah, is the heir to the throne. Since God cannot die, Jesus cannot inherit the throne the way we would picture it, but since He and God are one, He is also king. With God as King, there can be no negotiation between my will and His. He is a just king who will both punish and reward, according to our response to His commandments.

I'm sure there's probably not enough space in the world to completely write all the advantages of being a subject of Yahweh. One of the most mind blowing ones to me would have to be that we are joint-heirs with Christ. When we surrender ourselves to God, we also will inherit the kingdom of Heaven. In addition, we recieve the protection offered by the mighty kingdom of Heaven. A third thing, something that many times does not feel like an advantage, is that we receive the Lord's guidance and discipline, which helps us grow stronger in our character as we train and ultimately fight in His army.

To submit to Yahweh on a daily basis is to take up our crosses and follow Jesus wherever He leads. To give no thought to our benefit, but to always seek out the will of the Father. Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth! We are to lose our lives, that we may find them. We are to put everything of value in the hands of God, for everything we hold on to ourselves will ultimately be lost. Only God can preserve. This has really hit home for me this summer. I was planning to just take some time off and do what I wanted to do. My family is in a big legal mess regarding our house, with structural problems/damage, as well as mold and water problems, all caused by a contractor who's suing us. I have had a lot of oppertunities to be selfless and to serve. I am learning that I simply need to trust God with my time and deny myself and my wants and as Paul says in Gal 6:9a, "Let us not become weary in doing good."

A person rejects Yahweh by first consistanly disregarding His commands, and then overthrowing Yahweh's rule and placing a new king on the throne. Yahweh allows this rejection so love, devotion and free-will can exist. Yet rejecting Yahweh comes with consequenses and punishments and just as the rewards of obedience to Yahweh's authority.

Deut. 30:15-18. Yahweh has set before each of us both the abundant life of the kingdom of Heaven and the perpetual death of hell, the kingdom of darkness.

• 2 weeks later...

When you know that Yahweh is your king you are fulfilling God's wishes for His creations. And recognizing that His Only Son is the Messiah is showing him that you trust in Him and What His Word Says. The advantages of being a subject to Yahweh are to mant to list from blessings to eternal life it is unending the gifts and supplies the Mighty King has for those who follow. To submit my self to the King daily is making my flesh a sacrifice for what God wants from me and not what I want. A person rejects Yahweh by controlling their own lives and not letting God show them the way.

• 6 months later...

The personal implications of Yahweh being my king is that I must make Him my king. He must be the king over my heart. As a Christian, everything I think, say, and do is in the name of Christ. I am an ambassador for Jesus Christ.

The advantages of being the subject of Yahweh as king is that I am in subjection to the Creator of the Universe and Light. God honors those who honor Him. The King of Kings takes care of those subjects who are a part of the Kingdom of God.

Subjecting my life to God on a daily basis means seeking His direction for that day. What assignment(s) does He have for me in ministry. It means everything I do, I do in the name the Lord Jesus Christ. It means His Kingdom mission first. It means that Yahweh is the driving force in my life. My life is based around Him.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a protector and judge. Someone I can go to in times of need in order to be granted justice. He is a deliverer and Savior.

I am co-heir to the throne by my acceptance of His son Jesus. I have all the rights and priveleges of Sonship. The Scriptures say that I can come boldly to the throne and that my Heavenly Father is pleased to give me the Kingdom.

It requires obedience and submission. I have to seek His counsel and will through prayer and study of His word. I have to become attuned to His voice and His leading so that I understand the path He is directing me towards. But I also understand that if I fail, and I am quick to confess my sins and honestly repent of them that He forgives me and our relationship is renewed again.

When I want to do things my own way without God's direction, approval, or counsel I become arrogant and sinful in believing that my way is best. I reject Him by trying to do things my way without seeking Him first.

The first, and I think hardest, implication is that I have no control over my own life. My life is His, the throne of my heart is His and I am His; His to do as He wills and send where He wills.