JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. God Our Keeper

Q4. (Psalm 121). What does it mean that God is our Keeper. In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

I love this! There have been times in my life where I knew the Lord was allowing satan to buffet me to mold and refine me. When I felt that I couldn't take much more, I could almost sense Him saying, "Enough," then putting His hand around me and keeping me sheltered from any further buffeting.

Other times, I know my family, friends, or myself would have come to bodily or some other harm had the Lord not interfened. In that way, He guards us constantly! I know there are countless times where He has shielded someone from trouble and they don't even realize it. I felt bad that He took care in caring for that person with nothing in return. I want to always be mindful of His guarding myself and my family and friends and take just a moment to say "thank you, Jesus, for keeping us and loving us."

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God is our keeper because He watches over us, takes care of us, protects us, and saves us. He holds us in His hands. He guards us in all our dimensions: physical, psychological, and spiritual. He guides us and protects us against evil in all types of surroundings (social, environmental), simply because He loves us and is in control of everything that may happen to us.

Q4. (Psalm 121). What does it mean that God is our Keeper. In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

I think with this last question that God as our Keeper brings everything into place. god watches everything, hears everything, He will never look the other way. He will never ignore us or forsake us, he is our guard at night and during the day. He will never leave us.

• 2 weeks later...

It means that God is our Protector, he keeps us in all things, finances, health, family. He gaurds us from evil. That is not to say we do not have to go through, it simply means He will take us safely, securely through what ever it is.

• 3 weeks later...

God is our Keeper , means that He Protects and Watches over us .

• 3 months later...

As our "Keeper" God watches over us and sees to it that we are preserved and protected from the evil intent of our enemy. No weapon that is formed against us shall prosper, they shall not harm us because God protects us from the destruction of Satan. When the slanderer rises up against us to defame our reputation, God will protect us. He's worthy of trust. He said that He will protect us and He does. Thank Him!

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise

against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the

LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." Isa. 54:17

Many of us have heard the story of the missionaries who were in danger for their lives and were saved only because the perptrators fled when they saw them surrounded by men who appeared to be stronger than they were. The men that surround them were in fact God's angels, poised and ready to protect the God's children.

God is always protecting us. Many times we are in danger and don't realize it, but God keeps us. There are times when we see danger approaching, we call it "a close call" and it is ony because of His grace and mercies that we escape what would have been the consequence.

God is our keeper!

• 6 months later...

Here again is another question that is answered by saying in every way possible. The world is crazy if it were not for God, I would have lost my mind. It not that the world is so bad and I am so good; rather it

• 1 month later...

God is always watching out for us and keeping us safe. (Although "safe" does not necessarily mean safe in the world's sense.) That the God of the universe would care about each and every one of us, never taking His eyes off of us, should say a lot about our worth.

Yesterday, I watched the Bourne Ultimatum, part of it is really a good picture of God as our keeper. The scene where Bourne is talking to the reporter on the cell phone to guide him out of the CIA's sight. Many times, we are like this reporter, and God like Bourne. We are helpless to get out of the enemy's sight, and our life depends upon us listening to God's voice and doing exactly what He tells us to do, because He is the only one who can see the whole picture and guide our steps to safety. When the reporter's fear drives him to disregard Bourne and take matters into his own hands, he is shot down. So it is with us in our walk with God. God will guide us, but we always have the choice to stop trusting.

• 3 weeks later...

To stay ourselves upon God as a God of power and a God all-sufficient for us. David did so and found the benefit of it. 1. We must not rely upon creatures, upon men and means, instruments and second causes, nor make flesh our arm:

• 6 months later...

God as our keeper means that He watches over us and protects us.

The Scripture indicates that He personally watches over us as well as using His angels to guard or protect us.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the LORD said when we give him our heart body and soul ,he would never leave or forsake us.he is our shield against the firey darts of the enemy. when we have the blood of jesus applied over us we are safe, for the enemy can not cross the blood line. i plead the blood over my family every day.i also ask him to build a hedge around us. Jesus said if we ask anything in his name,in faith beliving he would do it. he is a GOD that cant lie. it is the only thing he cant do. glory to his name

• 2 months later...

Q4. (Psalm 121). What does it mean that God is our Keeper.

V4 He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand.

Yahweh is Israel's KEEPER, and He never slumbers nor sleeps takes me to the reason ,

as seen in Isa 62:1 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness

thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.

Isa 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD,

keep not silence,

Isa 62:7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till He make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

The KEEPER of Israel tells us to keep not silent, pray without ceasing until Zion be established, and the world saved.

In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

The KEEPER of Israel, is also my KEEPER, thanks to the Lamb of God of whom I am married to.

I too am of the seed of Abraham. God continues to Keep me by giving to me His word, it is a lamp unto me, showing me the right way,

keeping me from danger. He has given to me His Holy Spirit, to teach me the KEEPER'S ways.

He has given to me a believer an angel to protect me. He has given to me Armour to put on to protect me from the enemy,

and He has opened a way for me to come into His throne room at any time I desire to come, and it is there I feel safe, well kept, protected,

safe in the arms of God Almighty.

• 1 month later...

For God to be our Keeper means we are safe from all harm, He has us covered in His protection. He goes before us to make our paths clear and straight. He guards us by sending our angels with us every where we go, they are with us with every step we take to protect us from harm. He has given us the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us in the way we should go.

God is my keeper.

One thing that this means to me is that He keeps me sheltered in times of storm. There is nothing that occurs in my life that He can't handle. Also, God is my keeper in the good times as well. He pours out blessing upon my life. And finally, He will keep me safe with Him throughout eternity.

Reva

• 2 weeks later...

Where ever I go or at what ever time of day or night, God has obligated Himself to protect, guard and keep me.

He promises to bring me stability (feet not slip or to be moved), He covers me from the heat of battles in life (shade), all trials have to pass through His permission (shield), the elements (sun/moon won't smite me), from all evil, (Satan's attacks which would do permanent harm, and attacks of Satan through people who would want to do the same. He allows temptation and trials which will build my character) He keeps my life (my days are numbered in the Book of Life and were written there before I was born, and will not be cut short) He promises all things to sustain my life...food, shelter, clothing, spiritual help and guidance, including angels to accompany me on the journey and to minister to me, as well as strength physically and emotionally. He keeps my going out and coming in forever. (Where ever I go, and into Eternity,) I'm in the palm of His Hand.

• 2 weeks later...

He is the keeper of me. He keeps my salvation sure, keeps me from danger as I trust in Him, He keeps me in His will through His Word of instruction and correction, He keeps me in times of peace and times of war. He is my provider in all ways. The is my King. He is the One I trust to keep me at all times.

• 4 weeks later...

GOD is my keeper by His protection. I could have and probabaly should have been dead as to the near miss accidents that have occured in my life also with domestic violence with my husband and throughout my child hood. GOD watches even hovers over and around be to keep me from physical harm and He watches over me to keep me. I am His investment and He keeps tract of my commings and goings, He allows me to make my own decisions yet He leads me in the right direction though I don't always chose the correct path. GOD continues to have authority and shelter for me.

• 4 months later...

God is constantly on guard and His eyes are continually oin us, so He is never surprised, becasue He sees the enemy from afar off and He uses guardian angels, circumstances and people to change thin gs in our lives so that we are kept safe from dangers.

• 8 months later...

What does it mean that God is our Keeper. In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

When I think of the word "keep," a castle always comes to mind. The keep was generally the strong central tower in castle. It was the best defended area of the castle and as such, became the housing for the most important functions of the community; armoury, food, water well were placed here to increase chances of survival in case of a seige. When troubles are bearing down, God stands in the center of our life and beckons to us to take shelter in Him. Not necessarily physical shelter but the shelter of knowing we are loved and acceptanced by Him and have value simply because He made us & we exist, when all we see or feel is ridicule & hatred from those who are supposed to care for us; the shelter of His unexplainable peace in the midst of great chaos just by understanding that nothing--not a single thing--can happen to us that He will not turn for our good, if we live according to His purpose. I can't think of any better guard than that.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Q4. (Psalm 121).

What does it mean that God is our Keeper.

In what ways does he "keep" or "guard" us?

It means that our Almighty God, Creator of the Universe, our Heavenly Father, is personally involved in our safety and security

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Windy

In Psalm 121 God watches over us, he never slumbers or sleeps. The Lord keeps us from all harm, keeps watch over our comings and goings both now and forever.

God looks after His children, He protects us, care for us and loves us. We never outgrow, our need for God's love.