JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Spring of Living Water

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God? About your thirst? About your future?

God is eternal, God is everything, God is overflowing with righteousness, goodness, nourishment, cleanliness, purity, and etc. We need to quench our thirst in God by drinking his knowledge, ministering, believing, worshiping,, helping, forgiving, etc. (the List goes on).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The expression of God as a Spring of Living Water talks about the Living God; that is His essence. That life that never ends can be passed on to me, if I make Him be my only source. The water coming out from such a source is pure, fresh, good for health. Once you drink it, you will be completely satisfied, but when you become thirsty again, you won

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God? About your thirst? About your future?

IT TELLS ME HOW VERY MUCH HE LOVES ME. GOD IS THERE FOR ME, HE MEETS ALL MY NEEDS, HEALTH, FAMILY, FINANCIAL, AND THROUGH HIS SON HE GAVE ME EVERLASTING LIFE

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God?

Water is necessary for life of any kind. The concept of God as the Spring of Living Water means that He will provide all my needs. He is all that I need.

About your thirst?

No matter how much we thirst after the Living Water, He will always provide. There is no limit to what He will give to us if we only ask Him.

About your future?

He was with us yesterday, He is with us today, and He will be with us tomorrow. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Water is the source of life and every living creature depend on water . If you have God , Who is the Source of Living water , then you have everything you need in this world.

• 3 months later...

It says that God is a eternal, He is constant , always is and forever will be. As Spring and Fountain of Living Water, He is the source of life itself and the sustainer of life. God provides sustenance for our daily living. Whereever there is a need, a thirst, He is there to provide. As a constant, eternal God, He was and is and is to come; God will be there for us in the future as He has been in the past and as He is providing for us today.

• 7 months later...

My needs are never going filled on this earth or by anything this earth can offer. My thirst is going to repeatedly need a drink which will be supplied by the heavenly Father. God will supply my every need. My present and future needs will be supplied by God the Father.

• 3 weeks later...

Water has so many roles for us, even in the physical realm. It cleanses, hydrates/refreshes, transports, cools, helps dissolve/combine solutes, erodes and transforms the landscape, etc. In the spiritual, all these traits seem to relate to God in some way too.

What does this say about God?

He effects pretty much every area of my life. Another neat symbolism here is The Trinity, and the fact that water is a trinity in the respect of solid, liquid, gas as well. God the Father acts much like the ice of the trinity. Jesus is the water. His humanity is what makes the water drinkable or accessible for us. The Holy Spirit is like the gas. He is the part that is always surrounding us. When we feel the tangible presence of the Sprirt, it could be compared to a humid day. Wow! I just thought of another great metaphor. The early church's symbolism of the fish--so we are the fish, and Jesus is the water that keeps us alive. Another thing is how water is necessary for survival, yet it can kill you if you do not have a proper fear/respect of it and act accordingly. So it is with God.

What does this say about my thirst?

I will never thirst again. I will never need anything but this water to keep me more than alive. Water is necessary for almost every reaction or process in the body, for breaking apart bonds, etc. God is more than sufficient.

What does this say about my future?

Water transports. If I am in Christ, and in His will, I will be carried by His current where ever He wills. Water is a universal solvent. If pieces of my life aren't fitting together, God will make things fit. Also, over time, nothing stands in the path of water. If part of my sinful nature is in the way, the Lord will gently yet steadily erode and transform the landscape of my life so He can flow through me and into others as well.

Rev 7:17 For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

• 2 months later...

Swimming at our local YMCA means a great deal to me. The pool water is heated and is continuously recycled and filtered too keep it fresh and clean. The buoyancy of the warm water eases aches and pains, rejuvenating my body, mind, and soul. Also, the large volume of waters supports the weight of my body so that I

• 4 months later...

This concept expresses for me the life giving refreshment and nourishment that God gives or provides the soul. God is a protector and a nurturer. God is developing me into the kind of person he desires me to be.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

God is my Fountain of Living Water because I have eternal life, the Holy Spirit, flowing in me every day. I will never go thirsty because He will quench my thirst with His love and knowledge, He will meet my every need, because He is a loving and caring God. He has given us His wonderful word to lead and guide us, to help fill our thirst with His lovingkindness and understanding. If I keep drinking from the Fountain of Living Water, my future will be bright and wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you. What does this say about God?

He is a never ending supply of all that I need for life. He is constantly ready to refresh me, renew me, revive me, heal me physically and emotionally,to quench my thirst, to wash me with His forgiveness and His Word. He is a giving God, always flowing, always available, a never ending supplier of all that is good, and of His amazing love. His fountain is now in me....I don't have to search for other fountains. It also speaks of not only flowing into me, but because It's His river of life, it flows out of me to others around me. I don't have to "muster up" anything...I can open my mouth and out of my belly, His life flows to them.

About your thirst?

The more I drink of Him, the more I want of Him...odd about that. When I drink water that is not LIVING, I am satisfied for quite awhile. As He has washed away my fears of Him which started through abuse in childhood, the more thirsty I have become. I pray that the thirst will continue to draw me closer and closer to Him in intimacy.

About your future?

His fountain will never run dry...I have no need to fear, because He has promised me He will never leave me nor forsake me. He is my forever Father...now and into Eternity. He loved me when I was in the womb, He loves me now, and He will love me forever.

• 2 weeks later...

God is my source of Living Water. As Jesus said to the woman of Samaria, "If you had asked, He would have given you living water". Just as that woman, I find my source in Him. The HS that assures my life in Him, is constantly pouring into me the love of God, the living water of life. It is amazing that it surely never stops. The HS keeps me thirsty for Him. Isa 55 says that with that water we will never thirst again for other sources...but only for more of Him. Praise Him for His great plan for salvation and the Christian life to be sustained!!!!

• 4 months later...

As long as I drink from the Living Water, my thirst for righteousness will be quenched. As long as I turn to the source of the Living Water my life will be cleansed, made whole and kept in the best condition that a child of God should be kept. As long as I wallow in the Living Water, God will provide for me, keep me safe, direct me along the path that the Water flows, to a higher place with Him. God is not stale or stagnant. He is constantly moving His goodness and blessings in the Water that is ever flowing. God is refreshing and the taste of His Living Water is sublime.

• 10 months later...

This means that after death, we will be rewarded if we hold on.

If I look to this life I don't see any sign of God taking care.

• 4 months later...

Names of God: Lesson 8

The LORD is indeed a Spring of Living Water. He is the constant Spirit to revive the thirsty. When I lose myself He helps me to find myself again. He is the source of all my hopes and dreams, because without Him this life is very finite; we live then we die, but with Him, we live then we die then we live again. He is the Hope of hopes and the Dream of dreams. He is my life and salvation. As I grow older I realize this more and more deeply and acutely.

This says to us that God is always there, no matter where, when and how. The Lord will always revive us. It is the beautiful image of the Lord, who was first worshipped in the desert by the Patriarchs. His comparison to a spring of water in the dryness of the desert shows how He is a constant source of life. In the barrenness of human life without Him, we have the opportunity to find where the true life lies, in Him and in His Son. Without Him we are just doomed our threescore years and ten of a frustrated temporal existence.

• 4 weeks later...

God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water is saying that God wants to pour out His blessings upon us like a spring. A spring is a running water that never dries out it gush and bubbles forth, it is full of minerals and goodness, it taste better than well water, and is far greater in quality than well water.

God wants me to thirst after Him, to have a strong desire or craving for what He can and will provide when I walk in obedience after His command and will. He wants me to experience Him as the Spring or Fountain of Living Water, so that, He can pour out His blessings upon me.

As the Lord our Provider and Shepherd of my life, through faith, God willingly help, assist, and provide for my every need, and my future is secure in His Hand. Why? Because He has promised me eternal life through His Son, Jesus Christ, and I have nothing to fear for God liberally and abundantly has provided for my every need and my future.

• 1 month later...

Q4.

Meditate on the concept of God as a Spring of Living Water or a Fountain of Living Water for you.

What does this say about God?

About your thirst?

About your future?

Visualizing the concept of a Fountain of Living Water, I see a source of pure, fresh, and never ceasing spring water. And this as being a symbol of everlasting life or salvation, and life-giving blessings, with Jesus as the source of this Living Water. Also I note that He gives this to all who ask; as a free gift to all who put their trust in Him.

• 2 weeks later...

God supplies all our needs. His supply is endless, it is like a spring, continuely bubbling up and flowing freely down stream. As children of God, we receive freely from our Lord, because He loves us.

Jesus told the woman at the well, that if she drank of the living water, she would never thrist again. I have found that the more I get into God's Word, the more thristy I am for the knowledge of our Lord, I found I want to constantly be in He Will.

When I think about the word, future, it brings to mind Jere. 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD. They are plans for good and not for diaster, to give you a future and a hope." I have His promise, of eternal life with Him.

• 4 months later...

A spring or fountain always has fresh water, never stale or old. God is like a spring of water, His mercies are fresh every morning. The human body is 70 % made up of water- and God should be the Building Block of our lives. We need fresh water to live, contaminated water can make us ill. God is the Fresh water who heals us and sustains us. God is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow. He will sustain me in the future just as He has in the past and is doing it in the present.

Oh, may the Holy Spirit gives me a thirst after The Living Water, more and more each day.

• 3 months later...

Water is the basic element of our life without which we cannot live the same way God is the basic of our life whom alone we should rely on. The spring of water is ever flowing, fresh and satisfying so also is the blessings of God it never runs dry, it is fresh and satisfying

About my thirst, it means I should make Him the most essential basic of my life without whom I cannot live. I should rely on Him and long to have Him. I need to say this I think have the zeal but I feel I am lazy towards the word of God. May God forgive and help me because I really need His strength to keep me awake while studying His word.

God is the sure source or basic for my life from my beginning and years to come Amen

• 5 months later...

That He is the Provider for and of all things. He is my ever flowing support, I will never thirst (go without) for anything. My future is in His hands and He will provide for He knows the plans He has for me plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and future (Jeremiah 29:11). It takes a while to get to this point in life where one comes to realize that they can totally rely on God.