JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Sense of Destiny

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the truth: There is one God; Jesus is God.

God is Father, Son and Holy Ghost; He has revealed himself as the Father of all that is and that through his Son he created all that is, and by the agency of his Holy Spirit he conducts business in the universe.

How does he do that without being "three persons?" - I dont know.

How does he do that as being the fullness in Christ? I dont know.

I can

• 1 year later...

Q2. Which New Testament parallels to Isaiah 53 convince you that Jesus himself saw his own mission and destiny spelled out in Isaiah 53?

There are many verses, but I think of John 10:14-18, "I am the good shepherd, and I know my own, and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one sheppard. For this reason the father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it up again. No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own anitiative. I have authority to lay it down, and i have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father"

• 1 year later...

Isaiah 53 is fulfilled in this quote; "Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many".  Jesus' destiny to me is clearly spelled out here.  He came to serve and teach us the way to eternal life.

• 10 months later...

I believe that Jesus knew His mission from day 1. Even as a child, He spoke to the teachers of the synagog about the Torah. I feel that His repeating of the Old Testament when He taught was teaching the apostles who He really was. He was showing all that He did to come and save them.

These ideas mean a lot to me because they hold the truth of His really being a supreme being. It holds the fact that He is the Son of God. He is the second part of the Trinity.

• 3 weeks later...

Q2. Which New Testament parallels to Isaiah 53 convince you that Jesus himself saw his own mission and destiny spelled out in Isaiah 53? If you aren't convinced, what stands in your way?

The New Testament parallel to Isaiah 53 to me would be that of Luke 4:18-21 when Jesus read the scripture he was showing to the others in the synagogue that it was he that the scripture was prophesying about.

All the scripture prophesying about the messiah has proved that it was Jesus the Christ who came to fulfill the word. No other in history could have fulfilled a scripture to the letter as Christ has. What other reason could be more convincing than the miracles he did that showed that God the Father was with him.   

• 5 months later...

There are so many New Testament parallels that one can use to convince themselves that Jesus himself saw his own mission and destiny spelled out in Isaiah 5, but the one that caught my attention the most was: (Matthew 20:28) Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

• 6 months later...

Which New Testament parallels to Isaiah 53 convinces you that Jesus Himself saw His own mission and destiny spelled out in Isaiah 53? If you aren�t convinced, what stands in your way?

Luke 18 and John 12 and Matthew 8

Jesus willingly and knowingly walked into the pain and desolation the cross promised to be. There is no greater Love than this.

• 1 year later...

The fact that Jesus predicted His own death three time, and He did so with the precision of knowing exactly what would happen and why.  His disciples were not able to grasp what was happening until later, after His resurrection.  They, along with the scholars of the Old Testament, believed Jesus was coming to set up an earthly kingdom, even though Jesus was explaining His kingdom to them constantly in many of His parables.  Jesus knew exactly who He was and what God was requiring of Him. In the Garden of Gethsemane, He was asking God to remove this cup from Him, but not His will, but His Fathers will.

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2003 at 12:13 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. Which New Testament parallels to Isaiah 53 convince you that Jesus himself saw his own mission and destiny spelled out in Isaiah 53? If you aren't convinced, what stands in your way?

The gospel according to Saint John, for in the beginning of John’s gospel He was in the world and the world did not know him, he came to his own and they did not receive him.  But to as many as received him he gave them power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

• 10 months later...

Below New Testament parallels to Isaiah 53 convince you that Jesus himself saw his own mission and destiny spelled out in Isaiah 53-
Matthew  26
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; 
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q2. Sense of Destiny
  • 4 months later...

The New Testament scripture convinces me that Jesus saw His mission spelled out in Is. 53 is John 10:14-19 where He describes Himself as the good shepherd and confirms He will lay down His life for the sheep voluntarily as His Father had commanded as restitution for our sins.