JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

If we don't consider others "lost" that are without Christ then why would there be a need to witness! We need to be eager to tell all people about what Jesus has done for us. How He has changed our lives and how easy it is to acquire and where we intend to spend eternity. Encourage them to make a choice of where they will spend eternity. Heaven or Hades!!

If a person doesn't know Christ he is surely lost and his spiritual condition is dead, but it can be brought back to life with the acceptance of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Just the mention of that name "JESUS" will bring Him closer than a brother..

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does being out of touch with what it means to be lost impede our willingness to witness? In your own words, what is the spirtual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesnt know Christ?

when we are lost we understand what the non believers or even the christians who have left the Lord feel like. When we come to the Lord we grow to love Him and we want to witness but we really have to know what it is to go through what our friends and families go through so we get lost.We then realize that people feel alone,afarid and confused but most importantly lost just like them then we can get strength from the lord to be powerful witnesses.

Q1. (Ephesians 2:11-12) Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness? In your own words, what is the spiritual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ?

I understand what it is to be lost. I have to wait for God's opportunities in other's lives, for the soil to be ready. So I try to thoughtfully witness, love and pray.

They are blinded. We live in two different paradigms. They live in the "matrix" of the world.

Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness? In your own words, what is the spiritual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ?

If we can't remember when we were lost and without God and accept we were unlovable and just as bound by sin as those that don't know he today then we will not be able to witness with an heart full of grace. Our attitude will be self righteouness and our words will sound like we are looking down on them because we are judging them for being bound forgetting the grace of God which set us free.

A friend or co-worker that is lost is as bound as I was and may not see their need they are dead to the saving grace of Jesus Christ and needs to see their condition as sinful and shamful to Christ before they will be willing to change. Our job is to live, talk and act like Christ so they will be brought under conviction and get saved.

Q1. (Ephesians 2:11-12) Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness? In your own words, what is the spiritual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ?

Q1. (Ephesians 2:11-12) Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness?

We tend to look at what they are. Forgetting the way we were before being saved.

In your own words, what is the spiritual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ?

They are unaware of Jesus. They are living in sin and don't know they are spiritually dead. :(

(Ephesians 2:11-12) Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness? In your own words, what is the spiritual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ?

I think that those who have converted from a background which was not Christian have a much clearer idea of what it is like to be without God and without hope. Life has no enduring purpose. You are captive to sin and the world, the inevitable consequence of which is death. It is an arid and pointless place to be when you truly reflect on it. Worse than pointless, it is a place of great danger. If we truly loved our unbelieving friends, family and neighbours we would make a much greater effort to open their hearts to the Gospel of Christ and the working of the Holy Spirit. We would also pray for them more earnestly and more often. A friend who does not believe has no spiritual life at all. He or she does not understand it and is incredulous about it. Actually they are hostile about it and about Christianity generally. That is why Jesus observed if you are not for me, you are against me. There is a huge propaganda effort to place Christians in an unfavourable light, to make them look narrow-minded, old-fashioned and foolish (or gullible). Unbelievers hearts are closed, for the time being, to the Good News and the liberation it brings.

• 2 weeks later...

As Christians, we tend to forget that we were once lost and because of that we begin to be judmental of those that are lost which hinders our willingness to witness. Sometimes, we feel just because we are now in body of Christ, we tend to forget that we must witness to those that are lost. The spiritual condition of a friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ is spiritually dead. They have no hope and living without purpose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If a believer didn't know what it means to be "lost", I'm not sure he is a Christian. Therefore he wouldn't be driven to witness to a lost soul. Being "lost" is why we chose to believe in Christ and the many things He did for us, most of all, dying on the cross in our place because of our sins. This is the only way to receive Salvation...through Christ.

One who doesn't know Christ is "lost" for sure...unable to participate in the joyous things a believer does, such as hope in the future, fellowship with Christ Himself, fellowship of brothers and sisters in a church atmosphere, reliance on the Holy Spirit within, peace-joy-comfort in knowing Christ....opposed to the feelings of frustrations, hopelessness in the future, blackness, misinformation and mis-direction...lost!

One who does not know Christ is like a spiritual nomad because he could pray and offer sacrifices all he wanted, and yet not get any closer to God. Christ is the only way to the Father, and therefore it becomes necessary to accept the sacrifice of Chrisr in faith in order to access God. Any other way to God especially if through one's works or effort will be futile.

• 1 month later...

I think that if you are not fully in Christ and not not living the christian walk, what I mean is that some may go to church every week and accepted Christ but is not living fully in him (they still have some of the world in them), so I think this would make it hard to witness.

The spiritual condition of friends or co-workers who does not know Christ is dead.

• 3 weeks later...

If we're out of touch with being "lost", it is difficult to relate to where they are and just what they need to hear. Remembering instills in us the importance of witnessing and sharing Christ's love.

A friend or co-worker who doesn't know Christ always seems to be looking for something they can't find. They are, literally, lost.

• 4 weeks later...

It is sad that we easily forget the reason God saved us and our mission as christians. Jesus said that he was sent to seek and save the lost and as his representatives he gave us that commission (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:15-16). We were not saved to play "church" as is common today but to be his witnesses. The reason for giving us the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8).

Unfortunately, we easily forget this mission and "enjoy" our salvation forgeting that our brothers and sisters, who have not seen the light (salvation), are perishing.

The least said about the spiritual condition about my friends and co-workers who do not know Christ the better. They are spiritually dead, separated from God, hopeless, lonely, miserable, living in darkness,etc. I need to have compassion on them and share the gospel with them just as Christ had compassion on me and came to die to save me. Every christian must do the same.

I think you would have to had an experience of being lost to truely understand what it means. If you were ever lost, you would want someone to help you, therefore if we had the experiene there would be no impedement or unwillingness to witness to someone, we would not want them to have our experience.

A person who does not know Christ is lost and without hope.

• 1 month later...

i think we forget who we are and were we have been, and we eventually become dull and religious, not even knowing it.we just go through the motions with no urgency to let god share christ through us..... the people around me are just playing a part, acting like everything is okay,you know, including fellow believers. some have their own clicks, so you never really get too close to them, maybe it's from not going to their church or whatever. but i see a few just waiting for the day to end so that it might get better tomorrow. everything is based on happenings so nothing is secure.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We now have really good news for those who are alone. We offer inclusion into a loving family. But we sometimes forget what it is like being left out now that we are part of the family. We now take our blessings for granted and forget the focus that we should have of restoring everyone to God. We need to remember the others who were also left out but have not yet been reconciled with God. We now have the opportunity to both relate and witness to these people. The focus of our restoration should be to keep moving

• 1 month later...

I fortunately work with people who all go to church, But I also don't know what is in their hearts.

being without Christ has got to be the most miserable and loneliest way to live,The life that they try to live must be

full of despair always seeking something to fill that space that God has for us within ourselves. Seeking but never satisfied.

I have family members who are lost, and that is exactly what they do, try to fill that longing with drugs, alcohol even

entertainment pleasures that leaves them longing and just very sad, no true joy within.

• 1 year later...

Because the Church has forgotton (in some cases never known) the true Holiness and sovereignty of God, the view of God has become something which the Church has made up to suit the unbelieving tendancy we have. When God is viewed soley as a God of Love, then all are embraced by this love and therefore Jesus is enough. We need to go back to the whole purpose of Jesus, God's covenant in the beginning, the seperation of man from God through sin, the need for sacrifice, blood sacrifice as an antonement for wrong doing. Then we can begin to see how 'lost' we are without the work of Christ. Out friends who are unsaved are lost in the complexities, sinful desires, emotions of this world. Just as we were, and we must remember our being found, saved and forgiven. Not because we did anything more deserving that our friends who are unbelievers, but that we should love them to Christ.

• 2 months later...

Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness? If we are out of touch with what it means to be lost, our spiritual condtion is bleak. We loose sight of not only our position in Chirst, we loose the heart of God for the unsaved. There are only two kinds of people on this planet. Those that are saved and those that aren't. Those going to be with Christ Jesus and those going to be banned from his presence for all of eternity. If we loose sight of what this means to us, then we doom everyone who comes across our path in life to the eternal lake of fire. Not that we can or have the power to save anyone that is for God alone. But we just might be the only or last chance a person, your co-worker has to hear the gospel. The saving knowledge and atoning work of Christ on the cross prior to their last breath. We have been saved and given the commandment(s) and responsibilities to "Go throughout all the world and preach to every creature and nation the gospel". So what are you going to say at the judgement seat of Chirst if you didn't do what is expressly commanded you to do? The spiritual condition of any co-worker or anyone who doesn't know Chirst is dead. Dead spiritually, dead in tresspasses and sins. On a greased poll on their way to hell and no ability to get off or stop. Only the saving knowledge of Chist can one be removed from this pole. Only Chirst has the power to "pluck" someone off that pole. As it is written "For all have sinned and come short to the Glory of God". "There is none righteous, no not one. for all have gone astray..." and "The way of man is right in his own eyes and in the end; destruction." The plight of all who enter the world is death then death again. Born once to die twice. However, if we hear the gospel and respond to it we are born twice and will only die once. So get out there and tell your co-workers, friends, family, neighbors and strangers of the street the good news of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love the line in the movie the Gladiator. "For what we do in life, will echo in eternity". This includes what we don't do for Chirst.

Why does being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impede our willingness to witness? If we are out of touch with what it means to be lost, our spiritual condtion is bleak. We loose sight of not only our position in Chirst, we loose the heart of God for the unsaved. There are only two kinds of people on this planet. Those that are saved and those that aren't. Those going to be with Christ Jesus and those going to be banned from his presence for all of eternity. If we loose sight of what this means to us, then we doom everyone who comes across our path in life to the eternal lake of fire. Not that we can or have the power to save anyone that is for God alone. But we just might be the only or last chance a person, your co-worker has to hear the gospel. The saving knowledge and atoning work of Christ on the cross prior to their last breath. We have been saved and given the commandment(s) and responsibilities to "Go throughout all the world and preach to every creature and nation the gospel". So what are you going to say at the judgement seat of Chirst if you didn't do what is expressly commanded you to do? The spiritual condition of any co-worker or anyone who doesn't know Chirst is dead. Dead spiritually, dead in tresspasses and sins. On a greased poll on their way to hell and no ability to get off or stop. Only the saving knowledge of Chist can one be removed from this pole. Only Chirst has the power to "pluck" someone off that pole. As it is written "For all have sinned and come short to the Glory of God". "There is none righteous, no not one. for all have gone astray..." and "The way of man is right in his own eyes and in the end; destruction." The plight of all who enter the world is death then death again. Born once to die twice. However, if we hear the gospel and respond to it we are born twice and will only die once. So get out there and tell your co-workers, friends, family, neighbors and strangers of the street the good news of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love the line in the movie the Gladiator. "For what we do in life, will echo in eternity". This includes what we don't do for Chirst.

• 2 months later...

we are foreigness to God and out of touch.into the thing of God have of us. lost because those who were apart of the covenant withwith Israel were near. but those who werenot apart of the covenant with Israel were far away lost with out of hope.

We are on a mission to witness to other that we are admission to the Kingdom of God a person becomes apart of the kingdom of God by grace through faith and nothing more.

• 1 month later...

Being out of touch with what it means to be "lost" impedes our willingness to witness because, for me at least, we don't identify with those who need to be witnessed to. I was brought up in church, accepted Christ as my Savior when I was six years old, and with the exception of some teenage rebellion have been in that comfortable place my whole life. I don't have a personal frame of reference for being lost because I've never been there. I don't say that as though I'm better or "holier than thou", I'm just blessed to have been brought up in a Christian home although that puts me at a disadvantage when it comes to reaching out to those who need Him. That said, I think of my very best friend from junior high (25 years ago) who I still keep in touch with. Our lives have taken very different paths, and based on outward appearances I don't believe she has a personal relationship with Christ. Even though I love her dearly, I don't preach to her, and I don't judge her, but I also don't blatantly witness to her, even though I know I should. Why not? I don't want to offend her? I don't want to take the chance of making her feel bad or losing her friendship? Am I willing to risk her spending eternity in hell without being bold enough to ask her a simple question like if she died tonight does she know where she'd go? God help me to break free of these silly human restraints and accept a small amount of discomfort in order to reap the eternal benefit of knowing I did what You wanted me to do.