JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Bearing Our Punishment

Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

Jesus became my substitute and bore my sins in his body. He became a curse on my behalf. He did everything necessary for me to have eternal life. He paid the price for my sins. He bore the punishment that is due me and died on the cross.

JESUS IS LORD!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Servant (the Lamb of God) did not only bear the sin man, He bore man's punishment. Every siner gets punished for the sin. But God had mercy on us. He knew we could not be able to carry the huge and heavy punishement for the ugly sin of rebelion against God, thus, Jesus took the punishment on our behalf. He was physically assulted, insulted, ridiculed, beaten and finally crucified and left to die by wicked men. While this was happening to Him, God deliberately abandoned Him to this fate because the punishment was necessary for our salvation.

• 2 weeks later...

The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

He was nailed to a cross, to suffer pain and humiliation for me.....for all of the sin that I have had in my life. He paid the prive and wiped the slate clean with His Father for me....and even if it was only for me , He would have done this willingly. He is my Lord, my Savior.....

Yeshua the Messiah

... The Lord Jesus Christ

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus bore my punishment when He took my place on the cross. He didn't have to, but He chose to do it for me and for all mankind.

The punishment that has brought us peace, was upon Him.

Because Jesus did this for us, we can walk close to him, unhampered by sin, praise God.

:wub:

• 1 month later...

Q4.

In addition to our sins, the Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners.

In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

Again, the wages of sin is death; that is what we deserve as punishment for our sins. At the same time we will spend eternity in hell. We also deserve God

• 1 month later...

In addition to our sins, the Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

We cannot bear the punishment for our sin, which would be eternal damnation in hell fires. But by Jesus Being God Manifested (Son of God) in a human existence he was able to bear the wrath and Judgment of our Sins by God. In other words God took his own judgment in a Human existence Only God could endure his own wrath and Judgment, Also Jesus is the Last Adam the Head of the New Creation

• 1 year later...

Q4. The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

He bore all the sins of everyone; past, present and future; for all time. And that includes me. He took all the punishment meant for me, for my sins and paid for them in full in advance of my birth and sinful lifestyle. Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

He went to the cross because of me; my sin separated me from a Holy God. His sacrifice for me reconciled me to God, restored my relationship with God. Christ did the work; I believed in Him; that He is the Son of God sent to save a sin sick world from eternal separation from a Holy God. He is my redeemer!

Q4. In addition to our sins, the Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

Romans 6:23 For wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Yes, He did, He bore the sentence of death, that was meant for me; for my sins.

• 1 year later...

Jesus took my sins to the cross.  Sins I have not yet committed. He died in my place.  He was the lamb that was sacrificed instead of me.  He became sin and was separated from his Father for a short time because he loved me.  That was my punishment he took on Calvary.  That was love.

• 10 months later...

I am sure that everything done to Him on that day was pain meant for my sins. I just cannot express each and every ounce of pain that He endured silently for me. From the crown of thorns, to each crack of the whip to the final second that He died, He did this for me. How is it possible to comprehend this kind of love.

• 3 weeks later...

We cannot stand before God who is Holy and can not tolerate sin before Him. Because there is no way we could bare and tolerate the punishment God would require of us for the sins we committed against Him. he sent His only Son to become sin in our place. He was punished, smitten, pierced and crucified for our sins, by becoming sin for us, He has brought God's peace to us. He who was the Son of God came to earth to be a servant of the people that all who believe might be saved.      

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Q4. In addition to our sins, the Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?

Our sins are grievous, heinous.  Look what we do to each other.  Our sins separate us from God.   The wages of our sin is death.  We had to pay the punishment which would have been eternal separation from God.  Jesus came to pay the price for us. He came willingly of His own volition. He ransomed us so we could be with Him for all of eternity.  

Our God is Awesome!

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

• 2 months later...

The Servant also bears the punishment deserved by sinners. In what sense, if any, did Jesus bear the punishment due you when he died on the cross?          

My punishment as sinner would have been to go to hell. Jesus bore my sins and paid the price so that I now am able to go to heaven.

• 1 year later...

God’s righteousness demands sin’s punishment.  This is necessary for God to be a just God.  By God’s love for us and His mercy… (not receiving what we deserve) we are given grace… (not getting what we do deserve). Jesus received what we deserved…the punishment that our sin required, so that we don’t get the punishment we do deserve!

• 1 year later...
On 2/14/2003 at 12:15 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

He was mocked, hit by people in the face, spit on, they put a crown of thorns on him, put a purple robe on him, they said prophesy to us.  Well I’ve sinned more than once and Jesus Christ got the punishment even though He was before everyone.

• 4 years later...