JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

On 8/24/2006 at 9:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Because it is a perfect illustration.  People who are childless are eager to have a child and pour their love on. They really want a child.  God made us from the beginning for fellowship with Him because He loves us, chose us and wanted us to be His very own, leading us to a good life, giving us His all, providing for us, etc.

It is encouraging to me, knowing I will never be alone.  He is always with me.  He lives in me and you can't get any closer than that! You can share anything with Him, so trustworthy. God has given me great parents, they were good to me, always provided for me but they are no longer here and God is forever. He chose me to pour His love on, He cares for me, He provides for me, He encourages me by His Word and Holy Spirit.  I am never lonely, I am content and satisfied. I am adopted into the Family of God.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Because it is a perfect illustration.  People who are childless are eager to have a child and pour their love on. They really want a child.  God made us from the beginning for fellowship with Him because He loves us, chose us and wanted us to be His very own, leading us to a good life, giving us His all, providing for us, etc.

It is encouraging to me, knowing I will never be alone.  He is always with me.  He lives in me and you can't get any closer than that! You can share anything with Him, so trustworthy. God has given me great parents, they were good to me, always provided for me but they are no longer here and God is forever. He chose me to pour His love on, He cares for me, He provides for me, He encourages me by His Word and Holy Spirit.  I am never lonely, I am content and satisfied. I am adopted into the Family of God.

Adoption is not by chance or by accident. Adoption is a CHOICE. An action of LOVE and CARE for another. Perhaps we should call marriage an adoption of sorts? 

To think that God loves me so much that he chooses to ADOPT me, to be a co-heir alongside his Son Jesus, is an honor that is beyond comprehension... That God wants for ME to have what Christ has-- eternal life and JOY in God's presence. It is a mystery to me WHY, but so very humbling.

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship with us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us? 
Our heavenly Father not only saved us but He adopted us into His family as sons/daughters. Once we put our trust in Jesus Christ as our Saviour, God adopts us into His family (Gal 3:26-27). Also, in John 1:12b we read: “to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.” Because of His boundless love we are set apart to be His own sons/daughters, giving us not only a new name, a new legal standing, and a new family-relationship, but also a new image, the image of Christ His Son. Our union with Jesus Christ His Son, makes adoption an apt illustration of us being His adopted sons/daughters. This concept of adoption is most encouraging in that we are given the same rights as a child who is born into that family. He could have saved us without making us His sons, but He chose to do both; we now are members of His family, having the same privileges and responsibilities as a naturally-born son/daughter! 

On 8/25/2006 at 3:49 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Because once adopted you become part of the houdehold together with the saints.It is encouranging because you have the sense of belonging

God adopted us because He truly loves us and He wants us to be with Him where He is.  There is nothing we can do, say or think that would warrant His love for us as His adoptive child.  He created us in His marvelous image therefore, we are created in His greatness.  When He forgave us, He didn't hold anything against us and He didn't withhold any good thing from us.   He wipe the slate clean each and every time we sinned.   What great love He has for us.  God is a relational God and how dearly blessed we are to be adopted into His kinship.  

Eis auton !   ",,,Unto Himself !  God has called us to be sons of loving obedience, we are not just followers of a great teacher or prophet. We are the recipients of this preordained act of Divine love.  Adoption is the intermediate step towards sanctification. Here we have movement towards God;  we have a sure legal relation to God as his sons (Roman's 8:17; John 1:12).

What an interest God had for these Ephesians!   Though they were imbued in idolatry and licentiousness; God had His eyes on them!   Before the building of the Temple of Diana centuries ago, God predestined the Ephesians to be part of the Church of God.  No wonder why Paul is so amazed!   His own people rejected the Gospel however the Ephesians had open minds and Hungary hearts for the truth.

1. Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Adoption is a great example of God's relationship with us because just like an adopted child, we've done nothing to be received into God's family, yet He, out of His unexplainable love and mercy, chose us SINNERS, and accepted us into His family, giving us a chance to SPEND ETERNITY WITH HIM!!! This is extremely encouraging because it shows that God chose us, even with our sin, flaws, and struggles, into His everlasting family. He CHOSE us and ACCEPTED us into His family, amidst our sinful and flawed selves!

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship with us?This is done to show us that were are related to him and the connection we have with him earns us equal rights to birth rights.Adoption in that way builds a strong relationship between us and God.

Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?Because we automatically share God's promises He made to His children.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship with us?

Adoption raises us from the lowest class to the highest class. A complete change of who we are and the privileges of our lives.

Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?This gives us living hope of a life out of slavery and tasting of a life full of every good thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/24/2006 at 8:49 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

God made us for Himself and He wants us to spend eternity with Him. When Adam sinned he injected that venom of a sinful nature to all of mankind and because of that we were alienated from God. God knew that was going to happen and He had a plan set in place for that occasion, His only begotten son would come to Earth as man and pay for a debt that we did not qualify to pay ourselves but we have to receive Him as we are told in John 1:12, we are given the power to be called children of God.

We have a Father, almighty in power who is always looking out for our best interest, One who is patient and overlooks our faults and is always guiding us in the way that He knows is best for us. A Father who can never be defeated by anything or anyone and that my Brother is very very encouraging to me.

• 11 months later...