JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Praise the Lord we are no longer called friend, but sons and daughters of God. God has adopted me into His family as his daughter before the world was made. God accepted me for who I am, there was nothing on my part that I had to do but to accept Jesus as my Savior and confess my sins. I am an only child and both of my father and mother has die. But praise the Lord I have a family (spiritual) and my Father God.

All praise to God! :D

To me this is saying how much God wants us connected to him. He loves us as his children and he wants us to love him. When a child is born their parents love them because they are a part of them. God chose us as a part of him to have a personal relationship with him. We belong to him and he loves us unconditional. We believers should be very encouraged to know that he adopted us into his family even before the world began to be joint heirs to the kingdom with our brother Jesus Christ. We should be obedient to Gods word and humble and full of joy everytime we think about what is in store for his children.

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Adoption is a uniquely precious word to me. Being reared from childhood closely with a "son by adoption" I see first hand what it means to be "chosen" into a family. Jon was taken from a very unfit mother, father is yet unknown, destined for a life of sadness, misfortune and failure. Adoption brought him into a family who wanted a child first of all, who were strong Christians, given a mother who loved him at first signt with a love that only a mother could give; and a father's strong sense of love and duty to his God first, then his family, then his country. This adopted child was given every opportunity a boy/man could want.

Before we were in our mother's womb, we belonged to God...we were His child. He sent us to be born into a specific family...only to use our will and mind to become what we wanted. His goal for us was to live a life of goodness and mercy, to become acquainted with His Son and to accept the precious gift He gave us....salvation through Jesus Christ. Some of us stray from that goal and never reach it...some of us see the goal and take different paths to attain it...and some of us head straight for it without geeing or hawing! But however we come to know Jesus...and believe in His divine power to save us...we become once again into the family of God...adopted if need be!

Adoption gives us the same legal rights a natural child has...but more importantly it gives us the knowledge that our parents had to "work" to bring us into the family...they many times had to sacrifice and give up precious things. Jesus Christ gave up this throne in heaven for a while, so we could know more about him here on earth. He went as far as He could go...He gave up his life for us...and would have just for ME...because He loves us so much!

Adoption is encouraging to me because no matter what a former life started as...adoption changes everything, wipes the slate clean and gives us a brand new start. No one can be so bad, or so lost, that they can't be adopted back into God's family!

It show's just what God has done for us. The highest implications of what it means to be adopted into His family. He sent Jesus to redeem us so that we could be fully His. What a great, incredible and powerful love He has for us. A love so great that He has always planned for us, to create and redeem us just to be His. Because of this adoption there is nothing else we need. All we need whether it be power to lead a vicorious life or to overcome attacks and battles it is all there. Our right to it, to use for His Glory and simply because we are His. God didn't redeem and adopt us as His for it to be a someday thing. It is a now thing as well as eternity. If we would just grasp the implications and reality of this how far we could walk for Him now on this earth. How victoriously we would walk out His plan and destiny for us.

Q4. (Ephesians 1:5-6) Why is adoption a particularly apt illustration of God's relationship with us?

We can go back to the predestination question for this one. God chose me to be a child of His before I was born into this world. All I had to do was accept Him.

Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

Being adopted means being chosen to become part of a family

When someone is adopted, they begin life anew. They have a clean slate so too speak. Their past is wiped out, the records are sealed and they begin life all over, with new parents. They become part of the family and have all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of the other children in the family.

When we repented and turned to God, the same thing happened. The slate was was wiped clean and we became part of God's family and heirs to the Kingdom.

I AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY. YOU MAY BE A NEWBIE BUT YOU GET IT

Paul tells us in Romans that he would gladly give his life for his Brothers to Believe and Accept God. He goes on to tell us of the wonderful, unmerited gifts God gives to His chosen people of Israel. thus putting for the linkage direct to God. To know and understand that I as a Gentile, similar to those of old, have been gifted to be adopted by God as his son is many times too much to absorb. With this gift comes a wonderful responsibility to act in accordance with the principles which He has laid out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

1. To me this concept of adoption clarifies the Transcendence and Immanence character of God.

2. Because here is God, the One who in spite of our being strangers, is willing out of His love to embrace us and reckons us to be His very own children.

Adoption signifies family. We are adopted into Gods family through Jesus. It is encouraging to me because I know that I am not alone. I am accepted by God and I am truly thankful. When I became adopted by God I became a new person with new surroundings just as if a baby were adopted and entered a new family. They are new to them and have to learn and adapt to the ways of that new family. Just like any famliy there will be hard times but no matter what you do God is right there loving you and waiting for you to come back to him just like your parents would. You are still their child and they will always love you. That why it is so amazing to be a part of Gods family and that any one can be a part nobody is rejected.

• 3 weeks later...

Once again, after conversion. We are adopted into God's family, but with a difference compared to earthly adoptions where the adoptee is different from his adopted parents. Human parents are able to share their love, and all they have with thier child, but they do not take on the characteristics of the parents. But when we are adopted into God's family we begin to take on His nature, we are His children in the very image of His own son Jesus Christ. We become an intamate part of His family sharing in Christ's very nature, riches and blessings.

1) WOW------THAT IS A POWERFUL QUESTION. WHY, B/C THIS IS WHY HE DIED FOR US, THIS IS WHY HIS WORD IS SO IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO READ AND TO LEARN. HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR THIS. HE WANTS US TO BE ONE WITH HIM. TO KNOW HIM AS DACID KNEW HIM. TO MEDITATE UPON HIM (HIS WORD) DAY AND NIGHT.

2) IT IS ENCOURAGING B/C WE HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN HE CALLS US HOME. TO SEE HIS FACE AND TO LOOK INTO HIS EYES FOR HIM TO SAY WELL DONE MY FAITHFUL SERVANT AND RECIEVE THAT CROWN OF GLORY. REGARDLESS OF WHAT CROWN YOU RECIEVE AS LONG AS YOU RECIEVE ONE AND ARE NOT TURNED AWAY

• 3 weeks later...

We, who were born and conceived in sin, outcasts in the Kingdom of God, are, by the Grace of God, "adopted as sons" and have become joint heirs with Christ when we come to Him in faith and true repentence. We then become sons of God in every sense of the word and are legally and eternally adopted into His Kingdom. When we were yet dead in sins and trespasses, God chose us out of the abundance of His great love for us to become His very own -- sons and daughters of God -- stamped with the seal of God -- the seal of the Holy Spirit which guarantees our inheritence and full redemption through Jesus Christ the Messiah -- to the Glory of God the Father. God did all of this so He might clearly demonstrate through the ages to come the immeasurable riches of His free grace and goodness toward us in Christ Jesus. Oh how He loves you and me!

Well because when we repent and come to God as His child, we are cleansed from sin, because is grace and loving kindness is so wonderful that he gives a choice. when we grow and study His word we mature. We become new creation in Christ. Praise the Lord.

According to the Rome Ethic Adoption:- Getting Citizen Rights from Slave... So they have all rights to do whatever they like....

God adopted us to do the god Dreams... Before we where slaves for Sin... And God almighty redeemed us and gave the rights and prevelage to do good things for God....

(a) The illustration is that we were reconciled back into the family of God. John 3:16 says that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. So that we can have a relationship with God. (B) Now this is encouraging to me; God now says to me that He has forgiven my sins and if I choose to live for Him I will become a joint heir with Jesus Christ in the kingdom of God. I don't have to worry about the troubles of this life here on earth because I have a higher calling in Christ Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...

Because we can see how wonderful and generous God is. He, perfect, the only, creator, omnipotent chose to adopt us, adopt me for his daughter to share all the blessings and gift he has for us. It is encouraging to keep us on the right path for God, and when the crisis come we can remember who is our Father and so we can go ahead.

It shows, in one sense, the result of the human condition after the result of The Fall of Adam and Eve. I believe that we've been separate from God since that time. God adopts us and places us in a special position 'in Christ' as a child of God [implied by 'sons'] not because we deserve this position, but again by God's grace, through Christ. I'm encouraged b/c I know that I don't deserve to be adopted, yet I am.

Adoption is the apt illustration of God's relationship to us because we were afar (separated from God) off because of sin. By nature (sinful nature) our father is the devil (John 8:44) so the only means for us to become sons or children of God is to be adopted by God. The price for our adoption was paid by death of Jesus on Calvary.

This concept is very encouraging because we, who were condemned and awiating eternal destruction with our father the devil, have been redeemed by the Blood of Jesus. We who had no part in the Kingdom of God have now obtained an inheritance reserved in Heaven (1 Peter 1:4) through adoption by God. WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD THROUGH ADOPTION.

:P Adoption is a very good illustration; because we were adopted out of the world of sin and made righteous, that is just like taking a baby out of a harmful situation and adopting them into a good home.

In adoption there is a choic being made, the person who is doing the adoption is doing it because they want you. In a natural birth, the parent has no choice if it's a girl, a girl is what it is, even if they wanted a boy.

Why is adoption a particularily apt illustration to us? Why is the concept of adoption encouraging to us?

The dictionary says to adopt is(1)take a person into a relationship, esp. anothers child as one's own. This is just what God did for us. He freely for us and at great cost to Himself took us into His family to live with Him forever. He will never let go of us. We have the rights and privileges of sonship. Also the responsibilities to obey Him and to walk in a way that will honor Him.

May His name be praised forever! Amen!

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Adoption is a great illustration of God's relationship to us because technically we are born from our mother and father, and they become our earthly parents. However, God loves us so much and desires to have us apart of his heavenly, spiritual family that he "adopts" us. He invites us to be a part of his family. He does not force us, but lets us know that he will not go anywhere or leave us no matter how long it takes us to decide. Then when we do decide to be apart of His amazing family, He loves us as His own, He loves us as if we have been with Him forever. He takes care of us and chooses us!!

To me the concept of adoption is encouraging because it means that He sought after me. He CHOSE Me!! When parents give birth to children, they do not get to choose their child. Their child is whatever baby came from the mother's womb. However, in adoption, the adoptive parents are able to choose. They get to pick the child they want sometimes, but more importantly they choose to have a child. Unfortuately, in this world, parents do not always get pregnant or give birth because they want to. So all of this to me means, God wants ME as his princess!!

THANK YOU JESUS!!!

• 1 month later...

his love is so much more than we can grasp in our puny brains. i sure glad he didn't say here's your salvation, now be off and quit bothering me,and oh yeah, have a nice day. no, he is very passionate about having a deep relationship with us. this should be our confidence, that he didn't leave us alone and to ourselves.