JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Once we are redeemed, we have a new heart and our old ways we put away, because all things are new. We are transformed by the blood of Jesus. That has got to make a difference in how we do everything. I believe that we have to remind ourselves where we came from, before Christ. When we will daily look at what Christ has done in us and is continuing to do in us, we will daily live our lives glorifying Him.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principles: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"? How should this affect our living?

We should live our lives to please God, because we are His representatives in this world, because He died in our stead.

Q3 Jesus paid the price on the cross to set us free from the bondage of our sins. As

followers of Christ, we need to immersed ourselves in the Holy Spirit whom Jesus

has sent to us and to allow Him to lead and guide our life. That is why in Him we live

and move and have our being. We are called to be holy as God the father is holy.

We need to live righteous life. We should be grateful to God for leading us on the

right path so that we may not perish but inherit the kingdom of God prepared for us.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principles: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"?

With tremendous joy and gratitude, expressed in extravagant worship and praise to our God who loved us enough to die for our salvation!

How should this affect our living?

My life is no longer my own, so my will must be surrendered to His will and purposes....to live according to His heart and desires, rather than my own. My attitude is not one of drudgery and slavery to my new master, but one of intimacy and love....I love Him because He first loved me.

Q3. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principles: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"? How should this affect our living?

We should apply these principles by making Jesus Christ our Lord as well as our Saviour. By making Him our Lord, we give Him our life and permit Him to be the center of it. Let Him drive our life. This affects every aspect of our life. Jesus Christ should affect every aspect of our life.

If I claim that Jesus Christ is my savior and accept the great price He paid on the cross for the atonement of my sin, Jesus must also be my Lord. In accepting Christ, I belong to Him if I was sincere. I am not my own. Everything I do should be based on Godly standards -- is how I am living my life or what I am doing honoring God and reflecting His holiness. Am I living out my Christianity and honoring Jesus Christ.

• 3 months later...

We are not our own because we were bought with the price of Christ's blood.

We are to profoundly think what this means. The price paid for us was very great, so in everything, we should remember that and live as best we can. It was a very great price and we should not dishonor that by our actions.

I also think as disciples, as we go out to draw others in, we are to remember where we have come from and that we ourselves were in sin when He found us. That makes us much less judgmental of others and much more inclined to give unmerited grace to everyone. Whether our brothers and sisters in Christ who hurt us or towards the lost who don't know the truth yet. If we received God's grace, then we should give God's grace.

• 3 weeks later...

Since we were bought with a price, we have to ensure that we do not revert to our old way of living. We have been born again into God's family with God's grace. We have to live as God's children, as per His commandments.

• 7 months later...

Q3. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principles: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"? Always remembering that because of Jesus, we are free. The price is perenial, self renewing and evergreen, always in bloom. We will never be paid up.

How should this affect our living? A Christ conscientiousness. Everything we do should be filtered through the mind of Christ.

We are no longer slaves to sin. We are no longer in the dominion of Satan but rather Jesus went to the slave market and bought us with his own blood with the purpose of freeing us.

This principle affect us in the sense that we belong to the Jesus. We belong to the dominion of Jesus. He is our new master in the dominion of God. He is our Lord and Savior. Our old lifestyle should change according to the lifestyle of Jesus.

Before anyone accepts Jesus as Lord and Savior that person was under the dominion of Satan. Satan was his master and he serves him and was submissive to his authority. But once that person comes to Christ he becomes a new creation. He is now bought with the precious blood of Jesus. He is no longer his own. He surrenders to Jesus and he is his new master.

This affects our living in the sense that we now have a new master who pays the ultimate price with his blood that we might have life to the full. Therefore we need to submit to his way of doing things and no longer living for ourselves.

Being purchased by Christ and belonging to Him rather than to ourselves means that we are to follow His commands and do His will rather than our own if the two are not always in concert. He paid the price for our souls and our lives and therefore has the right to command them.

First, I believe that the combination of what we are redeemed from and the extravagant price paid for our redemption should produce such love and gratitude within us that we will gladly strive to do whatever Christ asks of us. Secondly, when our old fleshly nature is at war with our new spiritual nature we need to remember and apply the first point as quickly as possible. And lastly, we have the advantage of the example of the life of Jesus in the Bible to show us how to behave and the guidance of the Holy Spirit available to us. We just have to focus on God and ask Him for help and He will give it.

That we are not our own because we were bought with a price means that Jesus has paid the price for our salvation and we now belong to Him.

This means that we have to live for him obeying his commands and not doing things that please us only.

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principles: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"? How should this affect our living?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were
bought (Greek
agorazo
) at a price
. Therefore honor God with your body." (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

I was bought with a price....not of silver or gold, or stacks of money....but by the shed blood of Jesus....wow....this should be present in every step I take and thought I have.....my Lord Jesus died for me....He paid for my sin and set me free. I need to live in a way that is an honor to God....with reverence for my body, my soul, my spirit man. I need to live in a way that shows the love of Christ for those around me....those who are easy to love and those that aren't...He did that for me.

Knowing that I was purchased at SUCH a costly price makes me aware of how much God loves me, and makes me want to do an be my very best for Him. I am not my own, for the Holy Spirit lives in me and guides me every day of my life. He lives His life through my body, weak though it is.

:wub:

• 1 month later...

Q3. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

How should we disciples apply the principle: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"?

Every believer is indwelt with the Holy Spirit, and in addition we are not our own. Therefore we should not be using our bodies and lives in anyway we desire. We were bought at a price and are obligated to present ourselves as unblemished and pure for Him. We are to do our best for God

• 5 weeks later...

Christ Jesus has paid the full price of what we were supposed to pay i.e death therefore we as disciples we have to do what apostle Paul said in Romans that we should present our bodies as living sacrifies.Although sin is always fighting within our flesh, praise God Jesus said I will not live alone but I will sent the Holy Spirit who when we open our hearts to Him will teach us to resist the devil and he will always flee.

• 2 weeks later...

How should we disciples apply the principle: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"?

Since we was slaves in bondage and penalty of sin, Jesus -God manifest in flesh paid the ransom price therefore those whom are redeemed by the blood of God we don

• 1 year later...

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principles: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"?

We should apply it as; we were slaves to sin and dead in our transgressions, and Christ "brought us with a price." That price was His life poured out on a Roman cross. We have been given new life. abundant life in Christ. We are His now, our life is not our own, we are slaves to righteous now. Eshesians 2:10 For we are God's handiwork, created in Jesus Christ to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

John 15:8 This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. We should dedicate our lives to serving others in Christ's name, within the circumstances he has put us in life.

• 1 year later...

I look at the statement "You are not your own, you were bought with a price" as God created us in His image.  We were set upon this earth to worship and to serve the Father.  Along the way we got lost.  God gave us another chance by sending His Son Jesus to walk with us.  Jesus took all our sins to the cross and died.  He was the Sacrificial Lamb, without a blemish, and we killed him.  We nailed him to the cross.  But because he loved us He forgave us and now intercedes to the Holy Father in our behalf.  We should remember every day of our lives we have someone, Jesus, who loves us so much he died for us.  He died to save us from ourselves.  We must strive to become more God-like each day.

• 10 months later...

We are not here on earth to do our own work or fulfill our own purposes. We are here to show honor, glory and praise to Jesus who bought us with His own life. we should be following all the teachings in the bible and following His examples on how we should live. We should give up the ways of the world, pick up our cross and follow the one who purchased us.

• 3 weeks later...

As disciples of Christ we know that we are not our own, we bought by the blood of Jesus on the cross. We lie our lives for Christ and are filled with the Holy Spirit, as in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It states we are not our own, we were purchased with a price, filled with the Holy Spirit we conduct our lives to love one another as Christ loved us and to love our brothers and sisters. To preach the good news of the gospel and help those in our community to show we are Christ disciples.      

• 5 months later...

God sent his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for our sins; therefore we were all bought for a price, the price was Jesus' blood. This should affect our living because our bodies are now a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. We must all honor God by not sinning anymore and if we make a mistake and sin, we must ask God immediately for forgiveness.

• 3 months later...

Q3. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20) How should we disciples apply the principle: "You are not your own, you were bought with a price"? How should this affect our living?

Because God paid a very precious  price for us He owns us (and loves us) and we should always live for Jesus.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13