JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. The Christian Hope of Resurrection

Q5. Why should Christians look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection? Why do you think Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope? What should be done to reclaim these truths?

Then we will be in Gods full presence.

Because we think to earthly.

To read the Bible and to accept the words in it.

No deeper truths!

• 3 months later...

Q5. Why should Christians look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection? Why do you think Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope? What should be done to reclaim these truths?

I know for me, I look forward to my resurrection for many reasons! I have loved ones that are already with Jesus, and I want to be with Jesus. Also, I can't wait to hear preachers that have gone on preach or teach-whichever better than they did here. These are just a few of the reasons, for me.

I think there are some Christians who, like the Sadducees, don't believe in the resurrection. And some Christians are lost in their own lives for whatever reason, and they aren't concerned about their spiritual condition. And then again there are those Chritians who think that they have plenty of time to "sow wild oats" and then get saved.

We need pastors and evangelists who are not afraid to preach the truth! Right now in this country, there are preachers that are under the gun because they preach the truth about heaven and hell, and they are in trouble! Please pray for, and encourage these ones that have the courage to tell the truth! Stand with them as they proclaim the wonderous majesty of Jesus, and what He did to deliver us from death and hell, and always be ready, for in such an hour as ye think not, the Son of man cometh! Come Lord Jesus!!!!

Q5.

Why should Christians look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection?

Why do you think Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope?

What should be done to reclaim these truths?

We will receive a new resurrection body which is flawless in every respect. We know our final home will be in heaven with our Lord. We will be able to share in Christ

We should look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection, because if we are saved, we will rise to be with Jesus, forever in a new home. Some people get so busy doing what they want and what they think they should be doing, that they lose sight. of their expectation and hope. They should get upon their knees, tell Jesus they are sorry and recommit their lives to Him, before it is too late.

All bleaving people in Christ Jesus should look forward to the resurrection being with Him is going to be the most Joyest thing that will evet happen to us, no more tears no more deth. Not looking for this is to in a larg part is not understanding Gods word is lack of study, and prayer. Some Churches fail in help there congergation in this study. There feel good thinking is what thay teach. We need to teach the truth and help them in prayer, and to study day to day to have His word show us each time we read and to read Rev. is to be Blessed.

As we see the end times coming closer and closer we need to hold dear in our hearts the knowledge that our hope is real. These times of war and hate and fear and evil will end and then for all eternity the Lord will be reigning openly and lovingly in our lives. I think that pastors have given away the yearning to preach on the resurrection and focus on the here and now...how to be good now. Many people dont even realize what exactly is our hope in the resurrection. Many do not even believe in it anymore. We need to shout from the rooftops on the promises that were given to us. We need to know what Jesus Himself said about this so we can tell others and we need to hold our Pastors accountable for what they preach and if they preach untruths or semi-truths face them with this.

• 1 year later...

Christians should look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection because resurrection is the sign of victory and glory. Death is not the end. Death does not have the last word.

The reason Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope is that in the exception of Easter you hardly hear teachings on the resurrection.

What should be done to reclaim these truths is to hear more teachings done on the topic of the resurrection.

Christians should look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection because our Christian faith/hope is built on the resurrection.

Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope because the resurrection message/truths are no longer taught.

More teachings on the resurrection message should be taught in order to reclaim these truths.

Christians was looking forward to the events surrounding our resurrection that our Christian faith and soul can built the resurrection. I think that Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope because; our resurrection truth can no longer been taught. We can have more teachings on our resurrection could be taught before we should be done to reclaiming the truth.

Q5. Why should Christians look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection? Our Christian's hope is build on it.

Why do you think Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope? We tend to concentrate more on earthly matters.

What should be done to reclaim these truths? Teach them more.

• 3 weeks later...

Because death which is the last enemy needs to be destroyed and resurrection is the sign of victory over death and glorification with Christ. We really need to reign with Him so we need a resurrected body to be able to reign with Him- navigate the new heaven and the new earth.

What most Christians think about when resurrection is mentioned is going to heaven after death and not the raising of our physical body after death.

I think every Christian should be taught about looking forward to the expectation and hope of the events of resurrection for the truth to be established.

Because death which is the last enemy needs to be destroyed and resurrection is the sign of victory over death and glorification with Christ. We really need to reign with Him so we need a resurrected body to be able to reign with Him- navigate the new heaven and the new earth.

What most Christians think about when resurrection is mentioned is going to heaven after death and not the raising of our physical body after death.

I think every Christian should be taught about looking forward to the expectation and hope of the events of resurrection for the truth to be established.

• 1 year later...

Christians should look forward to the resurrection because we will be raised with resurrection bodies that are imperishable, with/ in glory, incorruptable, with power and spiritual not natural anymore.

Many Christians do not look forward to this because they think that there won't be any thing left of our present natural bodies due to decomposition and/ or other factors when Jesus returns.

• 10 months later...

I think Christians or at least I am looking forward to the events surrounding resurrection to see Jesus and to live with him in eternity.  Our loved ones are with him now.  Will we know them?  I do not know, but I am looking forward to seeing Jesus.  A lot of people live in the here and now.  They do not worry about what lies ahead.  Life is but a batting of an eye.  It is gone so quickly.  We are not promised another second but this one.  We should always be ready.  We should always be right with God.  We need to live and commit ourselves to God.  John Wesley said, "I am no longer my own, but Thine.." We belong to God.  We are lent to this world for such a short time.  We belong in Heaven with our Heavenly Father.  We need to remember that and do His Will here on earth.

• 1 year later...

As Christians we need to believe that there is a better life after this one. We need to strive to be our best in this life so that we will get our reward in the next life. we are so wrapped up in this life that we do not have time for the bible or going to church. we stress more on material objects than on God. We are wrapped up in today. we are a lot less likely to think about death. I am not sure how to change this. People do not seem to think that the bible is important anymore.

• 1 year later...

Q5. Why should Christians look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection?

It is everything we hoped for during our trials and tribulations on earth

Why do you think Christians have largely lost this as their active expectation and hope?

Because life comes in and crowds out our hope and tribulations make us waiver. If we are not steadfast we fail.

Bible study, small groups, counselling

• 1 month later...

I know that I look forward to events surrounding our resurrection. I don’t know if I did when I was younger but now that I am getting older and my bones don’t want to be so limber anymore, I definitely look forward to the resurrection. I don’t know why Christians have largely lost their active expectation and hope. As our world comes crumbling down around us that is the only hope that we really have.

• 3 years later...

A. Because it marks the end of death's grip on mankind. Christians have lost hope of this fact because I think, we are are not studying and holding on to the truth of the Bible. We need the power and leadership of the Holy Spirit to learn, know and keep remembering and having faith in the promises of God for that day when death will have no more dominion over humanity.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Q5. Why should Christians look forward to the events surrounding our resurrection?

ANSWER: As believers, the return of Christ is one of the most eagerly anticipated events we look forward to. It is when Jesus will return to earth and take his rightful place as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. It is when all things will be made new, and the world will finally be free from sin and suffering. Jesus Himself told us to always be ready because He will come like a thief in the night. As Christians, we should live our lives with an attitude of readiness, knowing that at any moment, Jesus could return.

In the meantime, we should be working diligently to share the love of Christ with others. We should be living our lives in a way that reflects the character of Jesus and sharing the gospel with those we meet. We have been given a great responsibility to be ambassadors for Christ, and we should take that responsibility seriously.

As we wait for the return of Christ, let us hold fast to our faith, knowing that our Savior will come back for us. Let us live our lives with an attitude of readiness, always looking forward to the day we will see Jesus face to face. And let us be diligent in sharing the love of Christ with others so that they, too, can experience the joy and peace that comes from knowing Him.

ANSWER: Christians have largely lost their hope of looking forward to the events surrounding their resurrection. The hope that they have in the midst of living in this fallen world. And in this fallen world, we are surrounded by all kinds of suffering, and a lot of it in our own personal experience. Broken relationships, disappointments, people who break their promise, broken words, death of parents, ill health, disease, financial hardship, emotional trauma, discouragement, etc … That’s the world in which we live.

How do we maintain this hope? We have to keep our eyes on the Lord and we have to set our mind on things above, and we have to be careful not to become so earthly minded that our hope diminishes in the sense as it begins to flicker and it grows weak and dim. But the more we long for the world to come, the more we set our mind on future glory, that hope grows stronger and stronger. Mature Christians, mature believers have a strong hope, and so we just need to keep that hope strong.

ANSWER: Life gets busy and sometimes, in the middle of trying to stay afloat, we drift away from God. Here are some ways to help you find your way back to Him:

a. talk to him: as a child would talk to their parent; as often as you can. He is there for you not only in times of need, but in times when you just want to talk.

b. obey him: to obey His commandments. We become brighter and stronger in spirit, integrity and mind.

c. study the scriptures: making time to study the scriptures each day can fully revitalize your tired soul.

d. listen for him: take time to stop, look, and listen for God’s answers to your prayers.

e. show gratitude: being grateful for God’s hand in your life will make you more appreciative of His constant presence and your purpose here on the earth.

f. be mindful: be grateful and aware of how much He has blessed you and continues to bless you each day. He is the greatest ally and guardian you can have throughout your life.