JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Psalm 98

One of the main reasons we were created was to willingly return unto God all praise and glory and honor. Our congregation's praise time is building and has been for a while now. And as we grow closer to the Lord the closer we grow together. As in Acts 2 they were in one accord and great things took place. I'm expecting the same with us very soon. Small things are already happening. People are being saved and others are coming back to church, this is a truly beautiful time for us in the Lord. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

The reasons for praise is because He has saved us and because God is coming with righteousness. I think is is so exuberant because for the righteous it will be jouy, hope, and expectation. Christ will rule the earth in righteousness and justice. Praise in our congregation is very exuberant. In my life, it is very exuberant. I am living and expectiing the day of the Lord's return where there will be peace, justice, and His righteousness. For some people it is not exuberant because they don't believe God.

• 4 months later...

The reason why they praised God in this Psalm is because of the great works he has done for them. " The Lord has made his salvation known and revealed his righteousness to the nations." (2)

Also another reason is at the end of the Psalm. "Let them sing before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples with equity." (9)

I will praise God not simply because of the fear of judgment but because of his grace and mercy as well.

God's very own right hand and holy arm are being revealed and people are praising him.

Our church loves to praise God. The Holy spirit is very welcomed and we create an atmosphere where God's throne is set up and he can come and be praised when he wants. Which is always so you get the point.

I'm very sure there are alot of churches of the same way. As long as everyone has their own personal revival in their hearts, worshiping God will come easy.

All I do is praise God. My husband and I lead worship at conferences for some big known people. Charlie Robinson, Todd Bentley, Sammy and Kristin Robinson, Jedidiah Tham.... Jeremy and Miranda Nelson etc... and throughout all those times, God has continually showed me that no matter who's there preaching or praising.. know that I am always and forever, God...

Jesus we praise your name, we go up the mountain lord and rest in your dwelling place. We seek your face God and embrace all your goodness. Let the prayers of the lost be answered through us your people and give us the boldness to do the things you ask us to do, so that your children can come to your freely and open heartedly.

Amen

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98? Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm? How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life? Why or why not is it exuberant?

- because He did miracles (vs. 1)

- because He showed His salvation (vs. 2)

- He was good to Israel and the whole world can see it (vs. 3)

People will praise (vs. 4 t/m 6) and also nature will participate in praise (vs. 7 + 8).

The praise is abundant because the poet realizes that on the last day, God will come to the earth and will do justice to all.

God deserves praise for this Messianic promise.

• 3 weeks later...

There are so many reasons to give praise, and at this time of the year [December 7th] we approach Christmas, a very joyful time. So I think many of us are already pumped up for the season.

It is the job of our eyes and ears to see and hear those who are not joyful and try to understand how to serve them and make our delight contagious. Thsi will please our might God. Also, it would help to be more obedient and more listening for His command. Then our Father will be happy with usw, though we are sinful humans, we can use the joy of these psalms to energize us towards doing His glory work.

• 2 weeks later...

According to this psalmist, praise is offered to God because he has done marvelous things. For example the salvation of His people from their oppressors/enemies. God has also made himself known to the world as the righteous Lord of the Israelites because the world is witness to the powerful covenant He made with their father, Abraham. He (God) has kept his promises to his people.

The writer recognizes that the Lord has delivered his people time after time and the writer overflows in joy and thankfulness.

My church, well, some members are jubilant but for the most part, we are a subdued bunch. I suppose we are not overzealous or overt with praise because it would not be dignified behavior according to current societal norms. It may appear to be a shame that we are not full-out with praise but then again, there are people who would miss the message and be turned off if we did. I suppose we are called to share the gospel with a still small voice to those who need to receive it in that way. Anyway, as I understand God, He loves variety and equips us for his work as he sees fit. I really don't see overzealous as better or overly pious as superior as long as both serve the Lord.

PRAISE THE LORD! praise the Lord! The sound is sweet, no matter the decibel with which it is said!

• 4 months later...

He has done marvelous things, his salvation, his righteousness, his faithfulness and his mercy.

The Psalmist appears to have had a refreshing from God as to how good he is, and the psalmist remembers the things God has done and what he should praise him for. He genuinely wants to praise and has an honest heart.

Quite exuberant. Praise is highly encouraged of course with whats called 'praise reports' that are read aloud on sundays when a prayer is answered so we can all share in God's awesomeness. My personal praise is not as exuberant as it should be right now, I am still working out the balance between uni and everything that comes with it and my God time. I do have many reasons to praise, my family loves me, I have shelter and food and friends and I am understanding in class. There are many more things - Thank you God!

• 1 month later...

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=665

Psa 98:1-9 Sing a new song to the LORD; he has done wonderful things! By his own power and holy strength he has won the victory. (2) The LORD announced his victory; he made his saving power known to the nations. (3) He kept his promise to the people of Israel with loyalty and constant love for them. All people everywhere have seen the victory of our God. (4) Sing for joy to the LORD, all the earth; praise him with songs and shouts of joy! (5) Sing praises to the LORD! Play music on the harps! (6) Blow trumpets and horns, and shout for joy to the LORD, our king. (7) Roar, sea, and every creature in you; sing, earth, and all who live on you! (8) Clap your hands, you rivers; you hills, sing together with joy before the LORD, (9) because he comes to rule the earth. He will rule the peoples of the world with justice and fairness.

He has done many wonderful things, He won the victory, by His grace and mercy we are saved, He loves us.

I think it is exuberant in this Psalm because of the great victory that God has, also the victory that God has and always will be victorious, He will never be defeated by satan or any other God.

I love praise in my life, I constantly find myself praising God, either in thoughts, words, singing or prayers. I love it because I know that my God loves to hear me praise His Holy and Wonderful name. B)

http://www.joyfulheart.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=665

Psa 98:1-9 Sing a new song to the LORD; he has done wonderful things! By his own power and holy strength he has won the victory. (2) The LORD announced his victory; he made his saving power known to the nations. (3) He kept his promise to the people of Israel with loyalty and constant love for them. All people everywhere have seen the victory of our God. (4) Sing for joy to the LORD, all the earth; praise him with songs and shouts of joy! (5) Sing praises to the LORD! Play music on the harps! (6) Blow trumpets and horns, and shout for joy to the LORD, our king. (7) Roar, sea, and every creature in you; sing, earth, and all who live on you! (8) Clap your hands, you rivers; you hills, sing together with joy before the LORD, (9) because he comes to rule the earth. He will rule the peoples of the world with justice and fairness.

He has done many wonderful things, He won the victory, by His grace and mercy we are saved, He loves us.

I think it is exuberant in this Psalm because of the great victory that God has, also the victory that God has and always will be victorious, He will never be defeated by satan or any other God.

I love praise in my life, I constantly find myself praising God, either in thoughts, words, singing or prayers. I love it because I know that my God loves to hear me praise His Holy and Wonderful name. B)

• 1 month later...

The Lord's record of salvation, righteousness and faithful love and coming with righteous judgement. Because of the salvation of the Lord and His return. More in my life then in corporate worship at church, I don't think we spend enough time, we are on a schedule and we rush through the program.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason for praise in this psalm is because God has done such great and marvelous things for his people. He has shown his strength as God in his deliverance of his chosen people Israel. The psalmist is so passionate because he remembers the deliverance of the Lord. He directs us to sing a new song because he does such great acts in our on a daily basis we can speak praises anew to acknowledge all of his goodness. lifes each day My praise is not outwardly as exuberant as it should be. Don't want to appear showey. But my private praise time with God and one on one with others is passionate.

• 3 months later...

A3. (Psalm 98)

In Psalm 98, the reasons given for praise are:

For He has done wonderful things,

His right hand and His holy arm have gained the victory for Him.

The LORD has made known His salvation;

He has revealed His righteousness in the sight of the nations.

He has remembered His loving-kindness and His faithfulness to the house of Israel;

All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.

for He is coming to judge the earth;

He will judge the world with righteousness

And the peoples with equity.

In this psalm praise is so exuberant because it tells us that God has ensured that what is right is right, and God will prove correct what is correct. The people practicing righteousness have not wasted their time but have succeeded. When God judges the world with righteousness and equity.

Q3. (Psalm 98)

What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

He reigns and has done marvellous things in saving Israel by His power; He has provided salvation; He has revealed His righteousness and will judge the world bringing salvation and justice.

Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

All creation will rejoice when the King comes to rule over all.

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life?

I cannot wait for the Second Coming of my Lord and Saviour!!

Why or why not is it exuberant?

We live in a crime ridden world with morals decaying by the minute. Corruption is rife and criminals have free reign.

Come Lord Jesus. Come!

• 2 weeks later...

We should praise because God has saved His people from harm. He has showed His love and faithfulness. I think praise is so exuberant because the Israelites likely had just secured a major victory in battle. My congregation can be pretty exuberant in praise but I struggle with that sometimes in my life. I think I lose some of the exuberance because I forget what He has done for me and begin to focus too much on my immediate situation.

• 6 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 98) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

He has done MARVELOUS things! He has wrought salvation for Him (saved me!) His righteousness is shown before the nations. He has remembered His mercy and loving-kindness, and His truth and faithfulness to the house of Israel and all the ends of the earth have witnessed the salvation of our God! He is coming to rule the earth and to judge the world and the peoples with equity!

Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

It is speaking of life and life eternal....salvation and that it extends beyond Israel to all people. It speaks of His return to reign and rule on the throne of David forever!!!!

How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life?

This psalm describes the praise and worship in our congregation! It is exuberant, heart felt, and joyful! Grown men worship with tears running down their faces. Sometimes I weep for joy, because as the worship goes up, the presence of God manifests. Recently the praise just continued....God's presence was so powerful that the service just didn't end and the people coming for the second service thought they were late....I had prayed about 9 years ago, asking the Lord to teach me to worship. Shortly after that we were led to this church. It is amazing how the joyful worship carries over into how the people treat each other....very loving and kind, which one might not expect so readily in a multi-cultural church with so many different racial groups! As a result of the powerful worship, God's power is manifested at the altar and lives are changed, demons are cast out, the blind are healed, cancer is cured, minds are restored to normal....it's glorious!

Why or why not is it exuberant?

It is exuberant because the Word of God is taught...the whole counsel of God....worship is taught and caught! I was stunned to learn that Jesus said "I will worship my Father in the midst of the congregation! When I learned about that in Hebrews 2:11 and 12 it caused me to see what a privilege it is to worship! (Jesus said "I will declare Your (the Father's) name to My brethren; in the midst of the worshipping congregation I will sing hymns of praise to You." He is saying there that He sings praise to His Father though each believer's voice! So if I choose not to worship, I deny Jesus my voice to use to worship His Father!!!!! l

• 4 months later...

Praises are offered to God in the beginning of Psalm 98 because God has done marvelous things for His people. The psalmist exalts our Great God because He has brought deliverance to the House of Israel. God is praised with song in this Psalm because He has saved his people and His right hand and his holy arm have done wonderful things for His people. Yahweh God is praised because He has shown his awesome power and might not only by saving the house of Israel but He has revealed His loving kindness to the nations.

Hence, the Psalmist urges to shout and sing praises to Yahweh. we are encouraged to praise our good and merciful God with all kinds of instruments making music for He deserves all honor, praise and glory.

Praise is so exuberant in this psalm because Yahweh God is strong and mighty and He has shown his faithfulness by rescuing his people from destruction. All the earth has witnessed His salvation and experienced His love.

In our fellowship highest importance is given to Praise and Worship.. we begin our meetings singing songs of praise and thanksgiving. we shout and sing praises to God with all our heart and mind recognizing that our God is worthy of praise. we praise God with loud voices. As the psalmist has described in this Psalm (Vs 4 to 6) we come before the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords with jubilant songs, we make music to the Lord with instruments and all of us just enjoy praising Him!!!!! we give thanks to God in all circumstances. we praise God amidst any situations we are facing. Praises are vibrant in our fellowship and all of us have experienced God's salvation, mercy, faithfulness and deliverance as we have offered to Him sacrifices of praise.

Psalm 98 puts down reasons to praise our God because it says God has done marvellous things. The marvellous things are the salvation of God, the saving grace of our God to the nations and the house of Israel. The Lord our God has shows his love and faithfulness not only to the house of Israel but the ends of the earth or the entire human race has witnessed his saving grace.

Praise is so exuberant beacuse it shows us that the mighty hand of God has worked wonders and miracles and there is victory in the name of the Lord. It makes one rise up and offer praise with music and song. Praise is so exuberant because God is loving kind and faithful who gives victory to his people. He cares for us ,he loves us

He is a righteous judge who will judge each one of us according to our ways. He will defend us protect us and prosper us when we chose to walk in the right paths. In my walk with him walking a righteous walk, though I may feel the pain of taking the path that pleases the Lord he will be a righteous God judging in my favour and blessing me for I have chosen to walk in his path.

Therefore God deserves our praise for He is all loving and faithful

Presently we fellowship in a meeting which offers high praises to our God. We make praise very very exuberant by singing songs aloud with music and joy in our hearts. Even the smallest infant in our meeting dances and sings to the Lord . We spend quality time singing beautiful songs of praise and worship

Praise has become the essence of my life. I praise God several times using the praise scriptures and we I chose to praise with my family and friends. When i am faced with the thought of loss failure discouragement I choose the praise aloud . I chose not to sit in the pit but somehow rise up and sing worship and praise aloud... It definetley has become a great weapon of personal victory.

Alleluia praise the lord!

• 2 years later...

The reasons we are given to praise the Lord is because He has done marvelous things. He has made known his salvation and has revealed his righteousness in sight of the nations.

I think that praise is so exuberant in this psalm is because they have so much to be grateful for. In our congregation and in my life we have exuberant praise because God has been so good to us.

• 2 months later...

Q3. (Psalm 98)

A.) What are the reasons given for praise in Psalm 98?

B.) Why do you think praise is so exuberant in this psalm?

C.) How exuberant is praise in your congregation, in your life?

D.)Why or why not is it exuberant?

A. He reasons for praising God are: Because he has done marvelous things. He has saved us with his mighty arm. He has remembered his love for us.

B. I think the praise in theis psalm is exuberant because the person who wrote it is thinking about how thankful he is that he has this wonderful God who has saved him and his people and that this God loves him and continues to love and bless him every day.

C. & D. My congregation is not as full of praise as it was. We are in the process of getting a new minister and it has been hard on the church. The praise in my life is far better than it has been ever in my life. I know that I must stay in the Word and have an intentional relationship with God in order for praise to be in my life. It keeps my mind on the good things available to me, rather than the evil that surrounds me in this world.

• 9 months later...

God has done marvelous things (v1), he has brought salvation to Israel and the ends of the earth by helping them defeat other nations (v3). Perhaps the psalm is so exuberant because of God's gift of salvation, the psalmist must be greatful to his God.

• 1 month later...

God bringing Israel through many situations in a miraculous way. The exuberance to praise God is because the psalmist is remembering the many things God has done for them. Their are times when I reflect on God's goodness that the praises flow from my heart.

• 1 year later...

Some of the reasons a given for praising God: -1. That he has done marvelous things.

2. He has worked salvation for the people. 3. He has revealed his righteousness. 4. He has remembered his love. 5. All the Earth has seen his salvation.

The exuberance of the song comes from the author's concept of salvation. The author uses the word salvation in each of the first three verses. Salvation for the early children of Israel meant rescue from evil. Just as Christians are joyful because of their salvation from the evil one so the early people of Israel we're joyful for their rescue from evil.

Exuberance and excitement in our congregation is not always apparent and maybe because of the lack of appreciation of rescue from evil.

• 4 months later...
On August 18, 2007 at 11:00 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

My praise is not as exuberant as the Psalm implies as it should be.  Perhaps it is a cultural difference.  Or it is a personality difference.  being more on the quieter side I.e introversion, has stunted my praise.  Never the less I am able to enjoy the way others have praised God.  We praise God for all the things he has done for us.  We praised God for our salvation.  We have praised God for his faithfulness.  We praise God for his righteousness.  We praise God for everything.

• 2 months later...

There are two strands of reason for praise in this Psalm. One is that God has done an awesome job in everything He has created , there are wonders all around us just in the garden!!!!! The second is the salvation of everything that God has delivered us from as He unveils His salvation.  This salvation is also a reflection of Hid great love for us asHis very own people. HE SAVES us!!!??

The praise is so exhuberant because it is so "in the present" , like a person who has just experienced a spiritual victory or when you have just experienced some wonder of creation.