JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. God's Protection

I believe that GOD is looking after our souls as well as our body.

All believers are protected ..it is their souls that are brought up to their final resting place, heaven.

Yes GOD does protect us..maybe not our bodies but our souls.He also gives his love as we give our love to him.We should all be glad to have such a father watching over us.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection? Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?

To understand these Psalms of protection, God Has not promised a world of free of problems but He Has promised to provide His help whenever we face danger. We are to only trust and obey His word.

Some believers seem not to be protected by God because they have abandon Him and are following there own way.

God really protect us, if we fully trust and obey Him. He may allow some suffering to occur on us only to make us stronger.

God

We have to believe and have faith. I don't believe we have to completely understand the protection - just know it's there.

Some believers lose faith or they simply get scared and forget.

I do believe God protects us - He protects our souls. God has given us the promise of everlasting life with Him in his kingdom. He has not promised us a human life without trouble or pain, only the promise that we will not ever have to endure the pain alone.

The psalms of protection are for those who actually put their trust in God and His Word. Many of us know of believers who have seen the fulfillment of these promises first hand. The reason many believers don't seem to be protected is because of the spirit of unbelief.

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection? Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?

The LORD is faithful to all his promises (Ps 145:13).So we do have the protection of the Lord upon us. Since we have been redeemed by the blood of Jesus & have been added to God's kingdom , the promises of God are for eternity.It goes beyond our physical realm!It's not only for this life but for eternity!

The 'whys' I can't answer as I'm not able to fully comprehend this. But this I know that God is able to help me when I call Him. He is the same unchanging God of Abraham's, Issac's ,Moses', David's, Peter's& so on. We are to look beyond this life to the next with faith. Our enemies can harm our bodies but they can't touch our spirit! We have received eternal life & the Lord's hand is upon us and God will have the very last word on the Judgment Day.

• 1 month later...

God does protect us. But, God also allows things in our lives to bring honor and glory to Him. When my husband was diagnosed with inoperable cancer, we pray and determined that no matter what-we were going to give God the glory. Sometimes our trials are for others to see how we handle them and show others that God is sovereign and in control. There are times we just need to learn something.

We are not immune and then again we are. There is the testimony and the glory that God receives from our lives when we triumph and overcome difficult sitatuations and circumstances. I believe that there are things that God does with our lives to bring us from glory to glory....sometimes they are difficult and sometimes they are joyous outcomes. But I also believe that there are things that we do--practical ways of living out our lives that also result in difficulty and can also be joyous. I heard a preacher say that he loves to ride his motorcycle--unless he hears specifically, "don't ride today"-- he doesn't ususally stop to ask God if it's ok to ride his motorcyle but his belief is, "God is ever present with me and so when I ride He is with me and protects me." Relationship. So as I walk through this life I may make good decisions and awful ones. (not talking about sin). Sometimes we just choose the wrong thing based on the information we have--so when we realize we made a bad choice--we have to trust God to bring us through. and He will. I think some people continue to make bad choices, don't learn from mistakes, don't rely on God and therefore it seems they always fall into a bad way. I think that is sin. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Unbelief is sin because we doubt God. How do you feel when your child doesn't listen to you or have faith in what you are saying..

Ultimately God has plans and purposes for our lives--before our mothers knew us, God knew us. He knows where when and how our lives intersect with time and space. and he has ordained us for glory...For my thoughts toward you are for good and not evil, to give you a HOPE and an EXPECTED (successful) end.

In between answering question 3 about God’s protection of His people, and this question 4, I watched on the news a deadly attack on two Christian establishments in Colorado in which 4 people were killed and this 20-year old gunman wounded others as well. I asked myself, why would God allow this to happen to His own people, two who were training other Christians for the Youth With a Mission organization? I guess that what the pastor said about Judgment Day coming and then we’ll find out why this happened but from my right now earthly viewpoint it doesn’t make any sense to me why God said (and does) protect us (from Psalms 91; 121; etc.) from all harm but what about those Christians seemingly in the midst of His will who were cut down and murdered in the prime of their lives? But then I went to Romans 11 and read Paul’s doxology to the Lord in that which one of us can ever question God’s wisdom in doing what He does in the universe: “Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! For who has known the mind of the LORD? Or who has become His counselor? Or who has first given to Him and it shall be repaid to Him? For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.” (Romans 11:33-36) Then all I can do is to bow down before our great Almighty God and worship Him for He has all things (even as awful to us as these murders of Christians in Colorado) under His complete control and none of us can question any of His doings on earth! This acceptance of God’s will to be done on earth as it is in heaven, I believe, leads to God’s protection of His people and we cannot question God’s wisdom or judgment over any of us as His people, whether it is to live a long life under His protection, or to get their lives seemingly cut short in order to be taken home to be with Him in heavenly glory forever. All of this is totally up to our heavenly Father to do and accomplish what is for our best for those who love Him here on the earth; and even though I cannot understand what just happened to 4 Christians, I have to believe that it is all allowed to take place somehow for God’s honor and glory. God does really protect us in many ways—many which we don’t really know how nor see, and others which we can know and see His hand of protection—but one way of His protection is seen by us as not good but in actuality, it is one of the best ways—that is to take us home to be with Him in heavenly glory forever and ever!!!!! Once we are in heaven in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, then we will know the innumerous ways and forms of God’s protection in our lives and we’ll all fall down before Him and give Him all the honor and glory due to Him as our Lord and Savior forever and ever!!!!! To God be the glory for all the things He has done!!!!!!! Amen!

God protects our soul so that we will be with him in Heaven. Life happens God can't protect us from everything sometimes we have to learn lessons but as long as we are right with God if anything happens we know that we will be with him.

Christians aren't immune to death and such but we know that All things work together for the good of

those who love the lord and are called according to his purpose. We look beyond this life. To be absent here is to be present with the lord. Sometimes things happen but in due time God will show HIMSelf to be strong, true, and faithful. He will prove HIMSELF to be all that the word says that HE is. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Faith says everything is alright when the circumstances are screaming defeat, fear, and death. I know without a doubt that God protects us if for no other reason than that the BIBLE tells me so

It is true that even Christians do not escape death due to accidents, wars etc or other dangers. This not withstanding, when we have absolute faith in God He will deliver us absolutely. But even if He does not do so despite our absolute faith in Him, then we must be certain that He allows the circumstances for our good. This is however difficult to understand.

Does God really protect? Asolutely YES, He does.He does this by shielding us from a lot of unseen dangers, spiritual and physical by surrounding us with His protective hedge as he did for Job.

• 3 weeks later...

Faith must come first.

Through faith, even the darkest situations don't seem as dark, because God is with me. It's kind of like seeing the glass 1/2 full instead of 1/2 empty.

As per the lesson, there must be maintained two separate distiinctions of protection, one in this life, the other in the next life. This must always be kept in mind.

• 2 months later...

Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?

These psalms are not saying that as Christians or believers that we will not have to undergo trials, but as believers if we know whose we are and always acknowledge Him, He will be our protector, He will hide us in times of trouble, He will be our rock and fortress, and we will always be safe and secure as long as we trust in Him.

Why don't some believers seem to be protected?

Faith is closely linked with trust. We must trust and believe wholeheartedly that God is our refuge and our strong tower in times of trouble. A lack of faith allows the snares of the enemy to gain a foothold and our doubt causes us to stumble and that lack of faith takes us out of the covering of protection. Belief in God does not make us exempt from personal tragedy. At some point in every believer's life comes a time when we doubt God, based on some personal tragedy or traumatic emotional situation and oft times we leave God for a season and although He never leaves us, it may seem as if we are no longer operating under the covering of His protection.

Does God really protect us? How?

Yes. God said that He would never leave us or forsake us, that Lo He would be with us always even till the end of the earth. He said that if we only trust Him, He would never leave us and that He is always only a prayer away. He said that in times of trouble, He will keep us safe in His dwelling, that He would hide us in the secret places of His tabernacle and set us high upon a rock, then our heads will be exalted above the enemies who surround us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

THE PSALMS OF PROTECTION WORK WHEN WE ACTIVATE OUR FAITH IN GOD. DOUBT AND UNBELIEF CAN HINDER THE PROMISES OF GOD FROM COMING TO PASS IN OUR LIVES.WHEN WE DOUBT GOD AND WALK IN FEAR, WE OPEN UP THE DOOR FOR THE ENEMY TO COME IN, AND THEN WE END UP BLAMING GOD FOR SOMETHING HE WASNT EVEN RESPONSIBLE FOR. SOME BELIEVERS MAY DIE EVEN THOUGH THEY OR THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS WERE STANDING IN FAITH AND BELIEVING GOD FOR A MIRACLE, AND THAT IS SO HARD FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND , BUT HIS WORD SAYS THAT ALL THINGS DO WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THEM WHO LOVE THE LORD AND ARE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE.I KNOW THAT GOD IS ABSOLUTELY ABLE TO PROTECT US BECAUSE HIS WORD SAYS SO AND BECAUSE I HAVE EXPERIENCED DIVINE PROTECTION ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS.TO GOD BE THE GLORY..

• 1 month later...

He shall call upon me, and I will hear him: yea, I am with him in trouble Psalm 90:15. Fear not when you are in trouble, as if the Lord were not with you. Let faith be with you, and God is with you in your trouble. There are waves on the sea, and you are tossed in your bark, because Christ sleeps. Christ slept in the ship, while the men were perishing. Matthew 8:24-25 If your faith sleep in your heart, Christ is as it were sleeping in your ship: because Christ dwells in you through faith, when you begin to be tossed, awake Christ sleeping: rouse up your faith, and you shall be assured that He deserts you not. But you think you are forsaken, because He rescues you not when you yourself dost wish. He delivered the Three Children from the fire? Daniel 3:29-30 Did He, who did this, desert the Maccabees? 2 Maccabbees vii God forbid! He delivered both of these: the first bodily, that the faithless might be confounded; the last spiritually, that the faithful might imitate them. I will deliver him, and bring him to honour.

PAX

• 1 month later...

Much can be found in scripture that will answer these questions.

These are psalms of protection because, as Paul notes in 1 Corinthians 15 (and as other prophets and apostles and Jesus note elsewhere) the flesh is corruptible and therefore not immune to injury and death. Paul calls this in Romans 8:1 "the bondage of corruption," previously described by Isaiah 40:6-7, who envisioned the coming of Christ, " All flesh is grass and the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth;because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass."

Through an understanding and faith, in the Father and in Christ, we are born again, released from the bondage Paul describes. The Psalmist David explores this understanding and faith in Psalm 49, where he tells the whole world a "dark saying upon the harp," namely that all die, that riches and worldly honor avail a man nothing, for without an understanding of God, he is like the beasts that perish and will die and be buried like a sheep. The psalmist, on the other hand, who sees beyond the world and seeks the face of God constantly, sings of himself, "But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, for he shall receive me."

This redemption is God's protection, to paraphrase Paul again, that causes death to lose both victory and sting. Jesus explains this to Nicodemus in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life."

By believing, by attending to the Son's teachings, and by following His example, we are able to be received from the grave by God. "Because it is written, Be ye holy, for I am holy." 1 Peter 1:16.

• 5 months later...

LESSON 6 Q4: Some Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection?. Why don't some believes seem to be protected?. does God really protect us, How?

In this world, we are born in sin and are prone to accidents, persecution and death, and being a chritian does not exempt us from those three situation, Jesus worn his disciples about such, and that is why as christians, we have to be strong in prayer, and totally cast our care on the lord for he will care and when these situation comes to our way, He will be there to be our refuge.

We are to understand this psalms of protection by completely believing in the lord our God. Being in obedient to his word, and he will surely deliver us from all evils.

God really does protect us. we have to trust and obey for us to be haapy in the lord.

• 5 months later...

God has a purpose for everything. We don't usually understand why, but you need to trust Him. Know that in the long run his love never leaves & his heart is always pure. Don't be discouraged when something has happened. God has provided you with everything that you need. Remember where you were when He found you. And where you will be for an eternity. His sacrifice was greater than anything we will experience.

Consider:

"And we know that in all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or failure, or famine, or nakedness or peril, or sword?" (Romans 8:35)

'And you shall be betrayed by parents and brethern...and some they will cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated by men for my names sake...In your patiences possess ye your souls." (Luke 21:16-19)

• 1 month later...

God's protection doesn't only cover us while we are on earth, but our souls also. The most important. This earthly body will die one day, but the soul will live forever. That is what God is concerned about. He wants us to spend eternity with Him. Satan sets out to destroy not only our human body, but our soul to. I think some aren't protected because it is their choice. They do not believe and trust God completely. They do not take Him at His word. Yes, God really protects us. Protects us by His word, His love, the Holy Spirit to teach and guide us, and by our faith in Him.

• 2 weeks later...

Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection? Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How? That we must first exept Jesus as our Lord and Savor that with the Holy Spirit that he came us a comforter to be with us as He sit with our Father in Heaven still interceding for us. These psalms give me that added Faith in knowing that it was also written to show us that the things you may go through in life others have been thorough it and it guide me with the reassurance that I can make it. If you are a true believer you should know that regardless of what you are protected. If you don't feel that you are you may need to relook at your life and the things that you are doing maybe it's time for you to repent about something. I understand that when situation comes into our life that is unexspected by us we tend to feel like why this? why know? why me? I've been faithful. But what we must understand is that even if we exspected it or not is not easy but knowing that God is with me help me to feel the Love of Him. God protect all those that are born again and excepted his son Jesus and believe that he raise again from the dead for our sin. He wake us up, gives everything we need in this world to take care of our needs, he gave us the Holy Spirit to be with us and have his angels watching over us. He is just an Awsome God that Love us and give us something else the choice to choose his protection and Love are not. I know without a doubt that He protects me, guide me, and is with me after all things that I have been through and made it through how could I have done it without Him? I couldn't that is why I know He is real in every thing we do. Love you in Jesus name. May God Love continue to give me the wisdom, clarity, and understanding that he the Great I'am.

• 2 months later...

ANS: Based on these great scriptures from Psalms we must always trust and believe in Him regardless of what the outcome might be. I think of the Jews in Europe during World War II, millions losing their lives. God's Word was no less true, and He was with those that perished, We will never totally understand God's perfect will until we get to the other side. But we know that His Word will always stand true, and we can, and must always totally and completely trust in Him.

• 1 month later...

vs. 7 He will keep our soul.

If we're to focused on this world, we will be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...

God protects us from harm and depending on our Faith and trust in that protection of his, we will come out the other side better than before. Whether dead or alive.. But I'd rather be dead so that I can live forever. I can't honestly say the real reason, I just know sometimes in circumstances there is unforgiveness that happen, and sometimes pain and hurts scream louder in our minds then joy and peace from God... We can simply prayer for those to have the fullness of God's glory in their hearts. I know God protects us and he has countless times. In my health, and with plans, boats, accidents etc. I know the call on my life and I know that it needs to come to pass before anything happens because it was prophesied over my husband and i. I will come to pass thus says it the Lord.

• 3 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=28563:date=Aug 18 2007, 09:46 PM:name=Pastor Ralph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pastor Ralph @ Aug 18 2007, 09:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=28563"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Q4. Since Christians don't seem immune to accident, persecution, and death, how are we to understand these psalms of protection? Why don't some believers seem to be protected? Does God really protect us? How?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

( Luke 21-28 ) Jesus was not saying that Believers would be exempt from physical harm or death during persecutions. Remember that most of the disciples were martyed. Rather He was saying that none of His followers would suffer spiritual or eternal loss. On earth everyone will die. but believers in Jesus will be saved for eternal life.

( Romans 8-28 ) THose who are called are those the Holy Spirit convinces and enables to receive Christ. Such people have a new perspective, a new mind set on life. They trust in God. not life's treasures; they look for their security in heaven not on earth; they learn to accept, not resent, pain

and persecution because God is with them.

( Rev. 6-9) The martyrs are eager for God to bring justice to the earth, but they are told to wait. God is promising that those who suffer and die for their faith will not be forgotten. Rather they will be singled out for special honor. We may wish for justice immediately, as these martyrs did. God works according to His own timetable, and He promises justice. No suffering for the sake of God's kingdom, however, is wasted.

I can only give answers according to the word of God, I don't have any more answers as to the why God does things the way He does. What man knows the mind of God and why He does things the way He does. To Know God is to draw closer to Him and as you do He will reveal more of Himself and His ways to us. My desire is," Come quickly Jesus "

Tabatha:

Your remark/comment here is very useful to me, also, I read your profile and want to praise God for the work He is oding through you. I an leaving the "amateur evangelist" phase of my life, Lord willing. Any speciifc Bible verse you may have for me to focus on would be appreciated. Have a blessed Christmasin His name.

Roy