JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

They establish the Lord's right as king by acknowledging that he created the world and everything in it.

People that have clean hands and pure heart and that do not look to false gods.

He is strong and mighty the King of Glory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

The earth is the Lord's and all that is in it. He is the creator and the creation belongs to HIM.

He must have clean hands and a pure heart. Does not seek kto be an Idol. does not want to be glorified but is willing to give to others and to give God all praise and glory.

The glory of the King means that he is worthy. He is to be honored. He must have entrance to the city (our hearts)

• 2 months later...

How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

The Lord owns the earth, He founded it, everything it it belongs to Him. It was chaos and He created order.

What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King?

God created a special holy place where he promised to meet with His people in a special way. But in order to meet with Him in His Holy place required right living, right thinking, a right relationship with Him and also a right relationship with your fellow man. These things were a righteousness which can only be received, not acheived,: things which our God who saves from sin, gives to those who humbly seek Him. Seeking is a humble longing for God, this is the basic requirement for those of us who will come to meet with Him in His special holy place.

What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King?

Central to God's plan is the remaking of His people. If we feel the need and long for the privilege of being remade and recruited in God's army, He calls us to meet meet Him in His special holy place. To that place, He comes as King of glory, the Lord mighty in battle, for He has delcared war on the forces of destruction.

How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

Jesus is our King of glory. He has paid the price, for our redemption. If we humbly seek Him, ask Him to be Lord over our lives, we will receive blessing from the Lord.

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

He created everything on earth, it all belongs to Him.

The King requires ethical and moral purity.

He is King of Glory, and Lord Almighty - worthy of all our praise.

When I am facing trials, I know He will be there with me and for me. :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

Verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King on earth, naming Him Creator.

Verses 3-6 show us that the person with clean hands and a pure heart, one who does not delight in sinful thought and activity, who does not concern himself with the dross of the world and who is not dishonest, will receive blessing from God.

Verses 7-10 addresses gates and doors, through which the Lord will enter. Although unsure of exactly what door and gates the psalmist means, I can see them as psychological and spiritual barriers to receiving the Lord. In this light, the Psalmist is urging the listener to open heart and soul and mind to the Lord's entry. The psalmist tells the gates "Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up..." (verse 7) The King is glorious because He is mighty in his spiritual war.

The last verse asks "Who is this King of Glory?" and answers "The Lord of Hosts..." referring to the Lord of the spiritual army identified in verse 8.

The psalm speaks to me on a personal level as a sinner, because I instinctively shield my mind and heart and soul, believing it to be my own and resenting what I perceive is intrusion. But when I relax (lift up my head...), and allow myself to feel the presence of God, who has really always been there, the war is over. I belong to God, and realize He is the liberator, the bringer of freedom, and not the intruder.

• 11 months later...

Verses 1 and 2 establish the Lord's right as King because He is the Creator of all. Verses 3 to 6 tells us we have to have a pure heart and a righteous life. Clean hands are free from external acts of sin. We are to seek Him with clean hands and a pure heart. We need to remember that every time we pray and seek for God. Verses 7 to 10 tells us that the King of glory is the Lord Jesus. The generation of them that seek him, faithful believers, must pray that the King of glory shall come. This prayer for God's kingdom to come anticipates Christ's eternal reigh and the final destructin of evil. It speaks to me because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my Lord reigns. He is mine and I am His.

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation? The Lord is the King of everything because He created everything. We must have a clean hand and pure heart and don't worship idols and is not deceitfully. The glory of the King is the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. That I must trust God in all situation in my life. I must live right according to his word. I understand that when something or someone try to come up against me that it is not me but the King of glory, the Lord might and strong that will be in battle not me. God is in control of All things in my life I must only continue to be meek and allow God to do what He is going to do. It's about Trust and meekness.

• 2 months later...

ANS - He created and founded the world in which we live, and everything that is in it. Therefore He is Lord of all!

What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? ANS - Those who come to Him must have a pure heart

What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? ANS - He is strong and mighty. We are to praise Him!

How does this psalm speak to you in your situation? ANS - I must always have a pure heart as I declare Him to be the Lord of my life. And I must serve Him and praise Him as truly the Lord of my Life, every day!

God made the earth so He has the right to be king.

He wants to be the only king.

We have to honour Him.

It's not good when there's something more important in your life than Him.

• 1 month later...

God is our creator and King of all he has created, from nothing but His wisdom and imagination, an unbelievable miracle of life on this planet. [verse 1-2]

in verse 3 He ask who can come to God our Holy Creator? We are reminded to be clean and pure and modest at all times. As sinners this is a tough role; thank God for your mercy and grace via Jesus' death and resurrection !!!

Verse 7-10 reminds us how powerful is our King; He can overcome anything in the world even death. He is the King of all domains, good and evil spirits bow down to Him, our King fo glory!!

When someone is a king of the nation of country or city, they are incharge of that place. It is their right to make decisions and ownership of that place. However their is only on KING that is in charge of the World, 1 KING that makes decisions for the world when it was being created, and he has total ownership of our lives and souls. When someone says that they have sold their soul to the devil,... well actually they can't really do that cause it never belonged to them in the first place. GOD IS KING cause he owns the creation he has made. The world.

The requirements of the king, is having an ethical and moral purity. outwardly and inwardly, how would people know about God and his love and kindness and power if we ourselves are not living a righteous life. Blessings will follow cause we honored God's obedience and his call. Even though it might look like a valley full of shadows of death, we still walk through it cause we feared nothing cause of God.

God's glory is too much to explain, cause when it gets heavy and weighty, there is still more room for more upon his people. Thats why before Jesus died on the cross, only pure and clean hearts such as priests and bishops were allowed in the the temple where the ark was, with a rope wrapped around their bellies in case the glory got too heavy they were able to have someone pull them out before they died under the glory of God.

Can you imagine, dieing by the glory... How did it happen and the answer is, I died under the glory. What a glorious way to go from here.

This psalm is always a reminder to me of how powerful God is. The Glory that saturates us when we are under it, the holy spirit there embracing us. How much of a slush I have been sometimes cause of the glory. Its soo power ful , its soo heavy and there must be more of it .... hahahaha.. there is when we die.. and go to heaven.

amazing lord how sweet the sound..

Vs. 1-2 reflect of the certainty of God's authority as creator of all.

Vs. 3-6 reflect that those worthy of ascending to God's presence must be purified, made holy, set apart. From the New Testament prospective, must be washed clean by the sacrificial and atoning blood of Jesus. (Praise God and thank you Jesus that I am made worthy.)

Vs. 7-10 God is HUGE! Not even the gates of Jerusalem let alone the walls of the Holy of Holies can contain Him. In spite of this, He still desires to enter the gates of my own heart as a King bent on protecting me for His glory sake. Even so, He will not (did not) knock down the gates of your (my)heart, but will (did) knock and announce His desire to enter in.

• 2 months later...

In the book of Genesis the creation of this world and all the creatures, and man and woman are described in detail. The beginning of this Psalm includes some general statements about God as the Creator, establishing the Lord's right as King of Heaven and Earth.

Verses 3-6 describe the requirements for Man in order to be able to climb the Mountain of the Lord. God requires us to acknowledge the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit as the only focus of our worship. We also need to be honest in all that we do, in order to receive the Lord's blessing. God's blessing enables us to worship Him, and call upon His presence.

Vs. 7-10 There is no God or deity that is more powerful and more loving than our God. As the "King of Glory" he takes care of the weak and vulnerable, blessing the humble with His Divine guidance.

• 1 month later...

It shows the reader what He owns, "the earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness." Then it goes on to say that God 'built' what we see in front of us. God is in charge of everything He has made!

The King requires clean hearts (and in those days bodies) to be in the same place as people. God cannot truly be with us or near us if we do not purify our hearts constantly before Him. It also shows the differences between us and God, He is Holy and mighty, amazing and powerful, we are not.

Even gates, what we see as inanimate objects need to prepare for the Lord! God's glory is so immense that every little detail needs to be perfect before Him, and even then our standards would not be able to match His holiness.

This Psalm reminds me that I am always in the presence of THE King, and I feel embarrassed about the times I have let my tongue slip...or my actions. I find it humbling that a King who owns all the earth and all of 'space' wants to come through my gates to get to know me and help me with everything I do. It also reminds me that I need to constantly ask for forgiveness, and do it even if I think I haven't done something wrong-just incase!

I thank the Lord for lowering HImself to my level, and then making it possible to raise up to His level so I can share eternity with Him!

• 2 months later...

That everything is his and the people that live in it is also.He wants complete loyalty.That he is the king of glory and that he strong in battle.

that no matter what the world say god have the final say in everyone sitation.

• 4 weeks later...

He created and controls everything, people and places.

Clean hands,pure heart and worships only God. And that he is not a deceptive person.

That He is grand and glorious,huge,larger than life. He is mighty in battle and strength.

I can enter His rest because my God can handle it.

• 2 weeks later...

The verses establish the Lord's right as King by saying the earth and absolutely everything in it belongs to God. He created it and it all belongs to him. It establishes God's ownership. Those who have spiritual and moral purity (integrity) can reach the heart of God. Praising God indicates a realization of what God has done in our lifes and speaks to me in the same way. My praise reaches the heart of God and ushers in the Holy Spirit.

• 3 months later...

A4. (Psalm 24)

Psalm 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King as the one who everything belongs to and the creator of everything.

Psalm 3-6 tell us that the requirements of the King are clean hands and a pure heart, people who do not follow after a false idol or swear by what is false.

Psalm 7-19 tell us that the King of glory is the Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle, The LORD Almighty.

This Psalm brings to my mind that I need to be more in line with the morals and virtues that God has for me.

Q4. (Psalm 24)

How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

As Creator and Owner of all.

He demands strict loyalty, dedication and total commitment; as well as ethical and moral purity. Our actions are to be righteous and blameless, our motives are to be sincere, and our minds are to be uncorrupted. Someone summed it up as

• 2 weeks later...

The Lord is the rightful King because he created the whole earth and set it into motion. The King is so pure and righteous that He is above reproach. He worships the Lord only. The Lord blesses Him and declares Him worthy. He is a great warrior whose presence commands glory and honor. This psalm tells me that the King is worthy of all my praise. Because He created the earth and sustains it through His holiness, only He is worthy of my praise. Praise and glory be unto the King eternal!

• 6 months later...

He created all that exists! Before He created, there was just the Godhead...Spirit. He IS King, by right of ownership through creation!

His righteousness through Salvation/ His cleansing from sin.

They tell us that even the gates of Jerusalem are ordered to lift up in praise in the Glory of His Presence. They are to open wide to Him. He is The Lord, strong and mighty and in battle victorious over every enemy! He is the Lord of hosts. He IS the King of Glory!

I shared our situation in Q3....dire and frightening...apart from His glorious intervention! This Psalm comforts me...it promises that He is Lord of ALL....(leases, impossible rent increases, having to move at age 70, long awaited promises, ravages of time, the calendar, emotions, people and their agendas) It reminds me that my husband and I are His responsibility as His children who have been bought and cleansed with the Blood of His only Son, Jesus, and who seek His precious face. It reassures me that He is mighty in battle and is victorious over every enemy. It causes praise and worship to rise up in me because He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and we are His! As King of all that exists, He is aware of our most minute circumstance and need and has promised to take care of us. We can trust Him because He is Holy and Faithful!

• 4 months later...

Verse 1 and 2 of Psalm 24 establishes the right of a King by showing us that He is the Creator and Maker of the world . The earth,the seas , and everyything in here belongs to the Lord our God. He is the Mighty King and Ruler of everything. He is the King of the Universe. No other creature gets the glory. God is Sovereign and His reign is established forever.

Verses 3 to 6 speak about what is required of us to meet such a Mighty King. How do we go before Him? A man who is pure in heart ,who does not take the paths of the sinners,who does not put his trust in idols can meet such a King. Our God is an awesome God. We can go before him only with humility and a repentant heart. He accepts us when we forsake every kind of evil and stand before Him pure in heart and mind.

verses 7 to 10 speak about the glory of this King. He is a glorious God. He is able ,He is mighty,He can fight any battles.Victory is always with the King.

He is a strong God,able God.He is our God who will fight all our battles. We therefore need to open the doors of our hearts ,and give him the place to enter and take place in our lives.

The Psalm declares to me that God is able mighty and He has the victory. He is a glorious God with whom all things are possible. I need to worship this mighty God daily .I need to forsake all my old ways and give Him the first place in my life. When I do sao,He takes over all my battles and leads me to the right paths blessing me with victory. He is the King of glory. God must get the glory out of my life. I must put my trust in Him and not put my faith in any human or idols to rescue me. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.What a mighty God we serve!!!

The Lord the maker of Heaven and earth is the creator of the Universe. He created all things and everything rightly belongs to Him. God is the ruler and Master of his creation and declared in Psalm 24:1-2. He owns the earth and every creation is subject to his reign.

Our God who is the King of glory, the creator of the universe requires us to be pure and blameless in His sight. As the word of God says - Be holy as I am Holy. He is holy and He wants people of clean heart to come into His holy presence. He requires us to give Him the first place and never hold anything or anyone greater than Him our lives and our lives have to be free from all malice and falsehood to stand in his holy presence.

Verses 7 to 10 in Psalm 24 teaches us to exalt and magnify the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings who is the Creator of everything. Our hearts and minds have to open to praise Him, adore Him and worship Him so that He can come into our lives and fill us with His glory.

• 2 years later...

It is established that the Lord has the right to be called the King because He is the One that created the earth and everything in it. Then the next verses tells us that he had a clean hands and a pure heart. He does not swear deceitfully and that he is seeking the face of God. He is to lift up his head and be strong and mighty.

It speaks to me in my situation by telling me to trust in the Lord.

• 11 months later...

The world and everything that is in it (and all who live on it) belong to the Lord because he created it. He is therefore the rightful owner. He is the king. The king requires those who are pure ethically and morally (from the notes) to come to him, whom he will save (v5). They must not worship idols (v4)-he will declare their innocents. He is the great King, the Lord strong, mighty and victorious, the psalm states this emphatically-strong, mighty, victorious, triumphant, he is the Great King (v 10). This psalm fills me with confidence.