JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

What a wonderful doxology to end this precious study. These verses show us that Jesus is God of very God. The Father and the Son are One and are worthy of worship from every created being.

This has been a wonderful study and it has made me all the more appreciate the wonderful gift of salvation and what it cost our blessed Savior.

Thank you, Pastor Ralph for the study.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

THE LAMB IS WORSHIPPED ALONGSIDE HIM WHO SITS ON THE THRONE BECAUSE THE LAMB IS THE SON OF GOD, JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF. THE LAMB IS GOD SINCE JESUS IS ALSO GOD.GOD THE FATHER AND GOD THE SON ARE ONE. JESUS TOLD HIS DISCIPLES IF YOU'VE SEEN ME THEN YOU'VE ALSO SEEN THE FATHER WHO SENT ME FOR I AND THE FATHER ARE ONE. PRAISE GOD FOR THIS WONDERFUL SACRIFICE GOD GAVE TO US THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST...GOD BLESS...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Q5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14) Exposition

The Father Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit are one.( Three In One )

He is worthy to be worshipped.

Thankyou God for sending your precious Son Jesus, He died for each of us so that we might live.

:wub: Oh such love. AMEN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Q5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14)

In John 1:1 it says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

Later in John 1:14 it says, "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now in Gen 1:1 it says, " In the beginning God created the the heavens and the earth.

What can I say about these verses? First, I can say that God is from the beginning and always will be. Second, I can say that The Word was with our Father in the beginning. Third I can say that the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

Now, in Rev. 5:12 it says, "Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. Rev 5:13 says, "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

These verses tell me that Jesus is back where he started, no longer seperated from the Father, seated along side of Him. What a wonderful revelation. What a gift we have received. I am humbled by this fact and I know all of us feel the same way.

Our challenge is to make others aware of these same facts so that they too may experience what we have. I challenge you to share what you have learned with those He sends before you. I challenge you to get to know them when possible, share what is possible and let them see Him in all you do. He will do the rest, in His time. He who is seated next to the Father, over all will do the rest. What a wonderful revelation. He is the beginning and the end. He is the creator and the builder. He is the provider of all blessings, He is God. Amen.

• 3 months later...

Only the Lamb Jesus Christ , is worthy to open the scroll. Jesus , not satan , holds the future. Jesus Christ is in control, and He alone is worthy to set into motion the events of the last days of history.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Q4. (5:13-14) What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

Jesus is the Lamb, and the Son of God the Father, and the second person of the Blessed Trinity, which is one. The fact that Jesus is seated on the throne, along with the Father, tells me that He is equal to God (being one) and hence is given due honour and glory for ever.

• 1 year later...

Q4. (5:13-14) What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne?

Him who sits upon the throne is the LORD our God, the only true God, the God of Israel, the God worshiped by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The status of the Lamb sitting at the right hand of God Almighty is, He is deity, for He is the Holy One of God, God

• 4 months later...

Q4. (5:13-14) What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

Well "him who sits on the throne" is our most exalted Father God. So Jesus the Lamb is alongside or equal in being exalted along with the Father. He is worthy of all the praise we can possibly imagine and give to Him. He is our all in all, without Him we are nothing, simply lost and dying. We thank Him for saving us and blessing us beyond what we could imagine. Praise God, thank you for Jesus! Amen

• 5 months later...

Q4. (5:13-14) What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshiped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

the Lamb is worshiped because He is GOD. The Bible states clearly that we are to have only one God and worship Him alone, yet the Lord Jesus receives adoration and worship from the angels, the elders, and every living creature on earth and in the sea. When John fell at the feet of the angel, after he had seen all this, the angel said "don't do that. I am a servant, like you" So, angels are not to be worshiped. And of course, in the new testament, in Acts, Paul and Silas were treated as gods, when the people of (Ephesus?) brought a bull to sacrifice to them, after a miracle. Paul and Silas put a halt to that, as well. Only God is worshiped!

and here the Lord Jesus is, receiving what is rightfully only God's. Therefore, the Lamb, the Savior, the Lord Jesus IS God. He said He was, and He is now receiving worship. Yeah. Jesus is God the Son.

NOTE: I noticed, reading these praise songs that are recorded here, that in every case, they were "said"

Rev 5:9 and they sang a new song SAYING

Rev 5:12 (angels) "SAYING with a loud voice..."

Rev 5:13 (every creature on earth and sea) "SAYING 'To Him who sits on the throne..."

I'm not sure what it means, but I also know that when the angels appeared to the Shepherds at the birth of the Lord Jesus, the scriptures record "a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and SAYING..." (Luke 2:13)

so, why do the angels and those worshiping the Lord SAY their praises and adorations?

Q4 The Lamb who is "God the Son" (second person in the Holy Trinity) has fulfilled

the Father's will by humbling Himself in obedience to death, even death on the cross.

Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above

every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth

and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Since the

Father and the Son are one, not only God the Father but Jesus the Son, is also to

be worshiped and praised.

He is Almighty God, and to Him is ascribed the blessing and honor and majesty, (glory, splendor) and the power and might and dominion forever and ever (through the eternities of the eternities!) Rev.5,13,14. Amplified. The government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father (of eternity), Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and of Peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David and over his Kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from the latter time forth, ever forevermore. Is. 9:6,7. He has always existed and will continue to exist as King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

All Praise to our Awesome and Majestic, all Powerful God! Thank you Father for sending Your Lamb/Son to purchase my soul from the enemy, that I might spend all of eternity with you, praising You!

• 3 months later...

5:13-14 shows us Jesus has equality with God. He is given all the attributes of praise and honor along side the Father.

" To him who sits on the throne (Father) and to the Lamb (Jesus) be praise and honor and glory and power, forever and ever." So be it.