JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (5:13-14) What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

They are one and the same. "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father."

Q4. (5:13-14) What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

What it tells us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshiped alongside "him who sits on the throne" is that he is worthy to be praised and worshiped the same as he who sits on the throne. They are of the same status.

• 2 weeks later...

What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

This tells us that He is indeed also God....a part of the Holy Trinity....the Lamb is the Father, the Lamb is the Holy Spirit, the Lamb is our Jesus, the Son.....they are one......and yes, worthy to be praised.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (5:13-14)

What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?

Here we see the Lamb, because of His obedience to the Father, being exalted to the place of highest honour. In John 17:5 we read Jesus

• 1 year later...

That He is God, worthy of all glory, honor, and praise, forever and ever! Amen!

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

The Lamb is the Son of God. He sits at the right hand of the Father. He has always been there. He has always been this holy. He deserves all of our prayers and worship at all times.

• 3 weeks later...

The status of the lamb that is worshiped along side the Father that is on the throne is Jesus who is the only Son of God that has sacrificed his life for our salvation to bring us back to the Father. The lamb is exalted because of his triumph over sin and death and his obedience to God..    

• 5 months later...

Q5. What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshipped alongside "him who sits on the throne"? (5:13-14)

Who  being in very nature God... Jesus humbled himself and became obedient to the Father even unto death on the cross! He therefore purchased men for God from every nation and tongue. Because of this, God has highly exalted Jesus. This made so that Jesus was able to sit on the right hand side of the Father on the throne. Jesus is worthy to be the only one who could take the scroll and open the seals.

I have really enjoyed my first lesson "Behold the Lamb of God" and I already signed up for the next lesson about the Boof of Daniel. Have a blessed break and I hope to see you all there with me.

The slain Lamb who purchased redemption for Mankind and for Creation itself is mentioned in the same line of the song of praise as God the Father Himself. The only conclusion to be made is that the Lamb of God is, in fact. God the Son. Reading that verse in total isolation, perhaps another conclusion could be reached, but with the weight of Scripture and the rest of the Book of Revelation itself to back it up, there is no doubt whatever that Jesus is God.

• 3 months later...

The Lamb is eternal God, God the Son, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, worthy of all praise and honor.

What an honor to study about Him, to learn about Him my blessed redeemer, Savior, Lord.

God bless!

Jen

Proverbs 22:11

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/29/2003 at 12:32 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

That all people should honor the Son of God as they honor God for they are one.  Whosoever doesn’t honor the Son doesn’t honor the Father.  Jesus Christ status is very high and He sits on a throne of His glory just as God sits on a throne of His Glory.  For when Jesus Christ comes back to judge the earth He will separate the sheep from the goats and when He’s describing this event of the future He calls himself the King which He is.

• 1 year later...

Okie Dokie. The Question regards God's Triune nature.  Here it is again:"What does it tell us about the status of the Lamb that he is worshiped alongside "him who sits on the throne"?"  That God is loved no matter which of His three divine Persons you worship Him as, Father, Son, Holy Spirit or if you will, the Blessed Trinity.   No?  How about the Holy Trinity?  God.  The Lamb of God is worshiped and adored as I am Catholic, whenever the Priest holds Him up in his hands during the Mass and also during a devotion called "Adoration," that is when He is placed in a thing called a lunnette which gets placed into a Monstrance and is found on an Altar of the Lord in a House of worship called the Church, usually referred to as a parish.   Thanks for the pic there up above Ralph!  I thought you looked familiar from some other venue.  Glad I found out what denomination you hail from.  God bless.  Ginnyfree.

Edited by Ginnyfree
typos

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q4. Divine Lamb
  • 6 months later...
On 3/29/2003 at 12:32 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

That he is not God. 

He himself said the his Father (the 'Him' referred to above) is the ONLY TRUE God- John 17:3.

On 4/5/2003 at 9:20 AM, Darleen Nelson said:

:blink: He is considered equal to God or He would not be seated next to HIm. John 1:1 says "In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God and He was God." (New Living Translation)

So there are Two Gods?

On 4/9/2003 at 8:28 AM, Julie said:

Christ is our eternal High Priest, The Son of God, and has sat down at the right hand of Our Heavely Father.

:o I just realized this is the last question in our studies, so I went to jesuswalk.com and found another study starting May 2, Grasp God's vision for our church and signed up. Hope to see you all there. :P

God is no priest.

On 4/10/2003 at 9:16 AM, retired said:

:wub: It tells us that Jesus is one member of the Trinity, the Father, Son (Jesus) and Holy Spirit existing separately but one. I must confess I do not entirely understand how it all works, but I do not have to. I have faith and that is enough for me. Jesus is God the Son, our Intercessor, our Savior. Without Him we would be lost. :( But He loved us so much that He came down from heaven to save us. :D Glory Glory. I plan to be a part of the Study starting on May 2.

It doesn't. 

Jesus HAS a God, and there is no 'Holy Ghost'; it is God's POWER!