JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Parable of the Birds and of the Flowers

Q1. (Matthew 6:26-30) What point does Jesus make with his twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field? Is the point trivial or is it valid?

The point Jesus is making is that we should have faith in God. We should not worry, Our Creator of the universe Loves us and knows what we need. He promises to meet all our real need but not necessary all our desires. We should have a simple trust in God

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point Jesus is making is, if God is willing to care for His creation then He is certainly willing to care for us and meet our needs. The point Jesus is trying to make with these parables is valid. If the birds don't worry about where their food is going to come from then we shouldn't worry if God is going to provide for our needs.

Q1. (Matthew 6:26-30) What point does Jesus make with his twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field? Is the point trivial or is it valid?

Jesus is making the point that God loves us so much that he will provide all our needs and we need not worry. This is valid as all Christians have experienced it. Just when you think all is lost God steps in and offers a solution.

With his twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field, Jesus make point that if the Father provides for the least valuable, how much will he care for us who are much more valuable before him.

The point is valid, therefore we should believe it.

• 3 weeks later...

Not because its Jesus, but I do not consider anything that He did as trival. The point that Jesus was making with His twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field enters around the God the Father caring for His children. He tells us thatv just as God cares for the birds and the flowers, so He cares for us. We are much more important to Him than the flowers and the birds.

• 1 month later...

This is a very valid point-Jesus is saying that what He does for the flowers (color, shape, beauty in general) and the birds (food, shelter, ect) He will do for us, if we will trust Him. If we have faith as much as the size of a grain of mustard seed, we will be able to move mountains! He will take care of us! He takes care of birds and flowers-He knows when a Sparrow hits the ground, and flowers are beautiful for a time and then they die-He will take care of us, as well, and even more! We just need to trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey! Gloray!

• 1 month later...

Jesus' point is that we shouldn't worry but trust God to provide. It is a valid point because we are often stressed by trivial issues that do no good to worry about and which takes away from our faith. With faith, there is no reason to worry.

• 5 months later...

It is valid. The Lord our God looks after all things great or small. Put your trust in God, he will never fail us.

Jesus point is that he will meet every need that we have if we believe and trust in him. If he will provide for the birds and flowers, how much more for his children that were made in his image? It is valid.

• 2 weeks later...

Q1. (Matthew 6:26-30)

What point does Jesus make with his twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field? Is the point trivial or is it valid?

Both these parables illustrate God's care for His creatures. They preach to us how unnecessary it is for us to worry. The birds neither sow nor reap or store away in barns, yet God feeds them, and the wildflowers do not labour or spin, and here again God provides such elegant

• 1 month later...

he basically says have you ever seen a stressed out bird or a over worked tired flower? no because they are free to enjoy life as they simply trust the father.

• 4 months later...

Jesus is just saying that the Father has much more concern for the disciples (and our) care than for the wild things of nature in this world, and if He takes such good care of their needs, we can be sure He will provide amply for our own as well.

It is certainly not trivial. God's design for us is that He be Lord of our lives. When we submit to Him and live according to His will, He also wants us to learn to trust Him cmpletely and rely on Him for everything in our lives.

• 4 months later...

The point: God takes care of everything.

With all respect, He doesn't.

Many birds/people die because there is no food!

Many birds die because they are eaten by a cat and many people because of a cluster bomb or whatever.

Respectfully, God does not always take care of our daily needs.

• 9 months later...

The point is certainly not trivial. It is a fundemental point for Christians to understand that God is in control of and cares about the whole of His creation from the flowers to the birds to us humans. God knows what tomorrow will bring and will provide for us come what may. So worrying about the future is futile.

• 4 weeks later...

The point that Jesus makes with the Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field is that God provides our needs. However, I'm confused about this. For example, I don't understand how the homeless, for example, have clothes and food. It's not God's will for them to wander the street and beg for food. Also, is it God's will for them to find clothes wherever they can? Can someone please help me with these answers? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

These parables point to God's faithfulness to provide for his creations. If we are faithful to work(when able) and live by his standards then God provides. Even the birds have to gather(work for) their food. Many times I have considered purchasing clothes for my growing children when money was tight and chose to wait. Almost everytime there would be a large garbage bag of clothing handed to me and all we needed plus some was provided! The analogy with the birds and the lilies to us, His children breaks down somewhat though because they don't have free will to choose to follow and trust the Lord. We do and that is how I try to make sense of the homeless Rochelle. I have yet to meet someone who, by NO fault of their own (adults), has wound up homeless and or hungry. I know plenty of us don't have alot but our needs are provided for. But I think Jesus' real point is that worrying about the material distracts our focus from God and worshipping him.

• 1 year later...

The point is never worry, God takes care of ALL his creation. Nothing Jesus teaches us is trivial, this is a very important teaching, very valid. We need to 'get this' to understand the entire teaching of this sermon.And not only this sermon but the entire basis for our faith.Everything on earth is of God and from God, it is all God's creation. Money does not take care of us, our only provider is God.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Matthew 6:26-30)

What point does Jesus make with his twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field?

With the twin Parables of the Birds of the Air and of the Flowers of the Field, Jesus makes a point of indicating the care God gives to His Creation. He points the more value God places on us, human beings, among all the creatures.

Is the point trivial or is it valid?

The point is not trial, it is very valid as this is the truth. God cares about us more than anything on this earth.

• 1 year later...

I am answering without a lesson for this week.  For some reason it did not come through.  So, here goes on my own;

The point Jesus is making is don't worry.  He feeds the birds and takes very good care of them.  They eat and have a home.  The flowers of the field are beautiful.  They grow wild and are appealing to the eye.  The point is all of these things God cares for and He loves us even more.  He will take care of us.  Give Him the worries.  He takes care of it much better than we ever could.

• 1 year later...

Jesus is telling His disciples that even the small wonders of nature (like birds and flowers) are taken care of by God, so that means He will take care of His children-for we are His priceless treasures. It is a contrast of God's vigilant care of different aspects of His creation, and how valuable we are to Him. If we grasp his care for us, we won't worry unnecessarily.

• 3 weeks later...

God takes care of the birds who have no home and they don't work; He takes care of the flowers that just grow, yet they are so beautiful and rich in color.  He takes care of his creations.  We are more valuable to God than they are, so He will definitely take care of us.  This is a valid point.

• 4 months later...

To me the main point of the parables is that God will take care of all of his creations. God will supply what we need, not necessarily what we want. Once we learn to have true faith in the Father, God will supply all. This is not a down play on reality, it is a step that needs to be taken to get into spirituality. We were not created to constantly worry. We were not created to constantly be in need. We were created to live full lives that are a true honor and glory to the Father. We were created to be in unity with our fellow men to praise the Father and to show the love of Christ to all of the Father's creations.

• 4 weeks later...

The point that Jesus is making with the twin Parables of the Birds of the air and the Flowers of the Field is that we don’t have to worry about the cares of this world. He will take care of us if we just listen to Him. This point is valid of we don’t take it so far that we don’t do our part in obtaining this things.

• 2 years later...
On 12/19/2007 at 10:46 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

That the Lord takes care of you in all things, that we are so much more beautiful and valuable to him.

It is a valid point.

• 2 years later...

He does take care of us.  He sees us. We are important to Him.  We need not worry.

Should the inevitable happen. .... eg. a humanly-speaking, untimely death, He is with us even there.  When as a teenager, I experienced loss of our family (parents, and a brother and sister) I know that God fufilled HIS PROMISE and that HE WAS WITH EACH ONE OF US. Not only with me but that He was with our loved ones as they left this temporary abode.

So also I do believe He knows of each of His Creatures that are suffering and those that are not.

The main point is DO NOT WORRY OR FEAR OF BEING ALONE .... HE CARES AND IS WITH US