JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Seated Us with Him

Q3. (Ephesians 2:6) From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement that "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...."?

Seating Jesus at God

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of Christ's resurection we know that our bodies will also be raised from the dead,and that we have been given the "power" to live as Christians now.If God raised us up with Christ,and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms.If all demons and evil spirits are under His feet ,then they are under our feet.

These ideas are combined in Paul's image of sitting with Christ in the heavenly realms.Our eternal life with Christ is certain because we are united in His powerful victory.Heavenly realm means that these blessings are eternal.Christ is victorious,ruler of all,and above all.So,where do we stand?"As believers,"with Jesus Christ"!!

Christ is victorious,ruler of all,and above all!

That same power that raised Jesus from the grave, also brings us to redemtion, and as part of that redemtion, seats us with Christ in the heavenly realms. We are in Christ, and by his grace we are above all principalites, and powers.

What Significance? I can only say:

Jesus told us that all which belongs to the Father belongs to Him... and all that belongs to Him belongs to those who He dwells in.

He abideth in me and I abideth in Him... therefore all to which belongeth to the Father belongeth to me also. For it is never by our own strength, it is always of His. Victoriously. :P

To be seated in the heavenly realms with Jesus is to be in the same spiritual authority hierarchy. This means that we also are seated far above all spiritual powers with the exception of God and Jesus. This means demons and evil spirits are under our feet too.

We have this position not because we have done anything to deserve it, but because of the grace of God.

We have power which was given us when Christ was raised from the dead .Christ sits at the right hand of God the Father,therefore if we are in Christ we are seated with Him. In other words if we abide in Him and His word abides in us, we have the same authority to do mighty things here on earth in His name.

Q3: Paul was saying that although we are Gentiles, Jesus died to save us all from our sins and he has raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, because we are saved by grace through faith and we all have the same authority and power over the devil. Jesus also does not want us to be lost, but continue to love our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Hi everyone,

(Ephesians 2:6) From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement that "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...."?

If we only could bring to our hearts what we know in our minds; that Christ

God is an amazing God. The amazing thing is that He loved us so much that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ. Not only did He give us Jesus, He shares Jesus's inheritance with us. Everything that God has for Jesus, He has for us as well. I remember thta in Genesis He created man so that He cuold have someone to be in relationship with. He created us for that purpose. That we are raised up with Christ and seated with Him in Heavenly places is so that we could understand our true purpose in God and understand that we are a partaker of all His power.

I think that this means that we don't depend on this world anymore. He puts us over all circunstances. Therefore we can be victorious in any situation!! He has opened our eyes and we see as He sees.

A lot of posts talked about victory. Thats true and thats great, but don't forget. Even if we know that the battle has already been won, we still have to fight it. Victory comes always after the battle. So let's fight for Jesus, in mind that the battle has been won, but don't lay down because you think that Jesus already did everything.

From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement that "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...."?

The significance is that we have the power of Christ at our side at all times. Yet many of us still do not take advantage of this opportunity and when trials or persecution comes we run away and sulk when all the time we could have asked Christ to help us with His power and authority. Many times in the past I have asked Christ to help me when I was undergoing a tough trial. He has always come through for me. It was not always as I expected but it was always the best for me. I think there are many out there that want Christ to answer in a way they think is best for them and when He doesn't they become discouraged and begin finding fault or placing blame. Remember, God's ways are not man's ways. Isaiah 55:8.

Personally I like having all this power beside me at all times. I also like it that Christ is in control of this power and I know He will do whatever is best for me. I may not always understand it but I can trust it is true for I know that He loves and cares about me.

Joe

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Ephesians 2:6) From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement that "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...."?

I feel the significance of Paul's statement is that we have gift from God to have eternal life if we follow Jesus and believe in him. If we confess that we believe Jesus died on the cross and rose again we receive the gift of Salvation and eternal life. We have the power to do all things through Jesus Christ if we allow him to be in complete control of our live and rebuke the demons. If we have an intimate relationship with Jesus and worship him at all times we have the power to over come all obstacles that come our way. If we put Jesus first in our lives he will provide our every need including eternal life

• 3 weeks later...

We are "in Christ". We have Ephesians 2:6) From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement been crucified with Him and raised with Him as we put our trust in Him. Therefore we enter into His victory over principlaities and powers in high places.

:rolleyes: It's a reminder that God has not placed us in the world alone - and that there is a very real spiritual dimension and change that has occured in us as Christians. Though I don't think I"m clued into it much.

Perhaps it is my expectation of what it means to be sharing this resurrection power with the Lord. Perhaps I expect some kind of superhuman power all day long - when God intends a kind of holy living that is beyong human strength and wisdom. The kind of living and lifestyle that I wouldn't be able to dream up on my own - out of my own wisdom.

Well .... i really appreciate these daily snippets.

thank you Lord for who you are. Amen.

As we were crucified with Christ, as we died in Him, so we are also raised with Him and, so much more, we are seated with Him in the heavenly realms by God.This places us in the power house of God over and above the principallities and powers which oppose the work of God. It is our privilege and responsibility to join the battle on Christ's side.

Oft in danger oft in woe Christian soldiers onward go
But we are overcomers in Christ's name in the armour of God.

• 2 weeks later...
(Ephesians 2:6) From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement that "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...."? Exposition

Jesus already had authority over satan and his works as demonstrated when he came in the flesh and walked upon this earth. Jesus is the perfect example of what we have available to us being joint heirs with him. What Jesus did for us at the cross as we recieved him was he brought us into a sonship relationship with God. We were seperated from God and were under the power of satan. By the mercy and grace of God we now have fellowship with God and authority over the enemy.

• 3 weeks later...

3--Christ not only was raised from the dead and seated at the right hand of God, but God, "being rich in mercy...raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places, in Christ Jesus" (2:4,6)! We are there now with Christ, in this spiritual realm, with all the power that accompanies our risen Lord! We battle from a position of strength, with Christ by our side, as our authority, as our power and ruler.

• 2 months later...
(Ephesians 2:6) From the standpoint of power, what is the significance of Paul's statement that "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus...."? Exposition

If we believe in Jesus Christ (faith) we have been saved by God