JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Seven Commonalities that Unite Us

One body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all.

For me there is not one more compelling than the others because I have need of them all. I need fellowship with the Body, I rely constantly upon the Spirit of God, I need the one Hope that we share, I rejoice in my one Lord Jesus Christ and in the one Faith which joins me to Him. The one baptism I see not as an outward ordinance but the baptism into His death and over and in all is the One God and Father of us all.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7 elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4-6 are one body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all. The most compelling are one hope and one faith because they both rely on the grace and the mercy given by God to us through our salvation in the Lord Jesus Christ.

• 1 month later...

Question 4.

(Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all christains mentioned in verses 4 through 6? Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?

4a

1. One Body,2 One Spirit,3 One Hope,4 One Lord,5 One Faith,6 One Baptism and 7 One God and Father of us all.

4b

1. One Lord and 2. One God and Father.

4c

One Lord refers to Jesus Christ. Jesus is our Lord, Master,and Leader.

4d

One God and Father,"God is over all,through all,and in all.

• 1 month later...

One body, one spirit, one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of us all.

I think the most compelling element is hope - the living hope of 1 Peter 1:3.

This seems to be what people are most in need of when coming to Jesus. Thhis is the most elementary element. A person lacking hope is a dismal person indeed, and almost always people come to Jesus hoping for someting better.

• 1 month later...

Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

One Body, one Spirit, one Hope, one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism, one God and Father.

Which one or two are most compelling to you?

They are all compelling to me, but I have to single out Hope

Why?

Because without Hope, what do we have

• 3 weeks later...

The seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in Eph. 4:4-6 are:

One Body, the total number of believers from Pentecost to the rapture.

One Spirit, refers to the Holy Spirit who baptizes each believer into the body of Christ.

One hope of calling, refers to the blessed hope, Titus 2:13.

One Lord refers to our Lord Jesus Christ.

One faith refers to the apostles' doctrine, Acts 2:42.

One baptism refers to the baptism of the Holy Spirit, which is real baptism not ritual baptism in water.

One GOD and Father of all refers to GOD's fatherhood of believers.

I cannot pick out one or two that are more important, they all are of vital importance.

• 2 months later...

One body, one spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one Lord and Father. The most compelling to me is one God and Father. If we all get in line with "one God and Father of all who is over all and through and in all" we can truly say we are brothers or sisters in Christ.

• 2 months later...

One Body

One Spirit

One Hope

One Lord

One Faith

One Baptism

One God and Father

These are the seven elements that unite all Christians; and I think they are all compelling ones for me. There is no unity as such in the spiritual realm with out the unity of The Father, the Lord and the Spirit; we can not either be united if we do not belong to the one Body of Christ, we were all baptised by faith to share His kingdom having shared the same Hope.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

These elements are , one body, one Spirit , one hope , one Lord , one faith, one baptism , one God and Father of all , who is over all and through all in all

• 5 months later...

7 elements that unite Christians:

One body,

One Spirit,

One hope,

One Lord,

One faith,

One baptism,

One God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

I think the most compelling to me is "One God" and Father of all. I chose that one because I think that encompasses everything else. One God denotes to me the Trinity, so I include " One Lord" and "One Spirit" in that.

Jesus is our Lord who came to live among us, who understands us in all our struggles and who died for us so we can live. He made the way for us to be rstored to the Father. Jesus was united and one with His Father and He prayed we would be one with Him too. He shared His glory with us! Jesus trusted our Father so much that He submitted himself to die a torturous death for what His Father desired. For us! A people so undeserving and he knew it! He experienced it first hand!

Through His death, He made it possible for us to come to the Father crying "Abba!" to Him. When we cry like that, that is a cry from a child to someone very beloved to him or her. Through Jesus we learn that Father can be trusted with anything! We know we can trust Him to hear us and to act on our behalf. We may have to wait a little bit...or adjust our attitude a bit.....but He is faithful!

When we know Abba in this way, there is a trust so great, we can be submitted to events that may seem out of control, or hurtful to us, or unfair all the while knowing His will is to prosper us and not harm us. We can rest in Him when struggles come our way in the church and in individual relationships. So much striving ceases when we see Father as sovereign and all knowing.

The Holy Spirit is our helper with us today. He is present in us. We are not left alone here. He is our comforter and counselor and our ever present provider. He provides the power to live lives in victory over sin and He helps us renew our minds and He cultivates pure hearts within us. The Holy Spirit reveals all things to us and provides wisdom and direction. He helps us "agape" love and continually reminds us of Jesus' sacrifice for us so we can have understanding for others.

Without God (Three in One) we wouldn't have a body (Physical or Spiritual as a church), or faith or baptism or hope.

We wouldn't have been created, or born again, nor would we profess our faith or be united or have any hope for our futures.

I can't seperate the Three. Each one is different, but one. Without Him...we are nothing. We can't be without Him. He's the living God.

What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6? Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?

The seven elements mentioned by Paul are: one body, one Spirit, one Lord, one faith, one baptism and one God and Father of all.

If I had to single out only two of the elements, I would single out faith and hope. Why? I come to Christianity through faith having had my heart opened to it by the Spirit. The faith that I am a creation of God and that He loves me. In fact He loves me so much that, although I am entirely undeserving of it, He sent His Son to be a perfect atoning sacrifice for my sins, so that I could come to God. Hope because I look forward to an eternity with God. These two elements bring the other elements in. By having faith and accepting Jesus as Lord, we have the Spirit of God within us; we are born again in Him. We belong to His body the Church. We are baptised so we become one of His. We accept and worship one God who is our father and we are His children.

• 3 months later...

Q.#4.)(Ephesians4:4-6) a.) one body, one spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father. b.) one body, and one God and Father. c.)One body, because through Jesus, ALL from every religion, every country, all walks od live are accepted into God family. On God and Father, because we are all the same way but until we accept Jesus we are not accepted into Gods family.

• 3 months later...
Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6? Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why? Exposition

one body

one spirit

one hope

one lord

one faith

one baptism

one God and Father

The most compelling for me is one Lord and one God and Father. God is our father and is the one who is in control but we can't go to Him without the Lord Jesus Christ!

• 5 months later...

Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

The seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6 are:

One Body

One Spirit

One hope

One Lord

One Faith

One Baptism

One God and Father of all.

Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?

Of the seven elements the most compelling to me is, "One Body" and "One Faith." Why? Because I am amazed that with all the different denominations and traditions God's desire is have "One Body" and "One Faith."

• 4 months later...

Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6? Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why?

The seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4-6 are: one body; one spirit; one hope; one Lord; one faith; one baptism; and one God and Father of all.

They are all compelling to me because God is about bringing all humity together in Him as one.

• 5 months later...

One body, one Spirit, one Lord, one a faith, one baptism, one God and one Father = 7.

The most compelling two are that God even cares about a wretch like me and that He is my heavenly Father which is too awesome for me to fully appreciate. I cannot give Him the love and care that He has given me which is humiliating and yet, draws me closer to Him.

We are all of ONE body, Spirit, hope, Lord, faith, baptism, and One God and Father. The two most compelling are the idea of ONE God and Father and ONE hope.

We love and serve the same true one God and live by the same hope of Christ's provisions and return. We come to God in many ways, worship Him from different lenses and we strive for Him through different means but our diversity does not dilute our community of faith it enhances it for we love and serve the ONE TRUE God and Father with the same glorious hope.

• 1 year later...
Q4. (Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6? Which one or two are most compelling to you? Why? Exposition

[4] There is one body and one Spirit -- just as you were called to one hope when you were called--

[5] one Lord, one faith, one baptism;

[6] one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

The seven elements that unite all Christians are: One body, one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, one Baptism and one God and Father of all.

It is difficult to decide which to pick as the most compelling. However, the one hope -- the resurrection provides is compelling and exciting and the one Spirit helps us all know God and confess so I guess I'll choice those.

• 1 year later...

4a) One Body.One Spirit,One Hope,One Lord,One Faith,One Baptism,One God and Father of all. B) I started of in one denom of church, and now worshipping in another, I know in a real way that we are all in Christ what ever Christian denom we are part of if Jesus is our personal Lord & saviour, and we can grow together in love in Jesus. Praise God :)

• 3 weeks later...

One Body

One Spirit

One Hope

One Lord

One Faith

One Baptism

One God and Father of us all.

Wow! Hard choice! I guess I'd say One Father of us all and One Lord.

We are all Father's children, saved from death and given eternal life through one Lord Jesus Christ. All else comes from them.

• 1 month later...

- one body: us together

- one Spirit: the Holy Spirit

- one Lord: Jesus

- one faith: in Jesus

- one baptism: in Jesus' name

- one God

- one Father " Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? "

• 2 months later...

Q4.(Ephesians 4:4-6)

What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

One body; one Spirit; one hope; one Lord; one faith; one baptism; one God.

One Lord - Jesus Christ.

One God.

Why?

Jesus Christ - through whom are all things, and through whom we live. We are all one in Christ.

God

• 6 months later...

Q4.

(Ephesians 4:4-6) What are the seven elements that unite all Christians mentioned in verses 4 through 6?

One body; one spirit; one hope; one Lord; one faith; one baptism; one God--Father of us all

One hope and One God, Father of us all

Why?

One hope - All Christians hope to be united with God after we die on earth. Our hope leads us to seek Jesus for our salvation, and to live and serve as He inspired us to. One God and Father of us all. God created us all, watched over us as we sinned, but then provided a way for us to be with Him eternally. Everyone of us is precious to God.

The seven elements are: one...body, Spirit, hope, Lord, faith, baptism, God and Father.

Every one of these elements unite us as Christians and cascade from one element to another. The fact that we have one faith is the most compelling to me. If we can agree on the central tennant of our faith i.e. John 3:16 (God loves us and wants to give us eternal life through His Son, Jesus), 1Corinthians 15:3-4 (the means by which we have salvation and are united with God, our Father (Christ's death, burial and resurrection), we will fulfull our mission to reach the world with Christ's love. The fact that we follow one Lord means that we (all) make every effort to become and act like Jesus.