JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q6. Practicum in Christian Unity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I should respect and value everybody whether Christians or not , this may attract the non Christians to follow our Lord Jesus Christ . For fellow Christians I should not look down upon anybody due to their status because they apart to play in the Church

• 5 months later...

I doubt and loose hope so much. I try to be obedient to do what God asks of me and I love Him so much and want to do His will, but when I get the human repercussions of that, I falter big time. I'm slapped down by fear and depression and I run for cover as fast as I can. I start to doubt and to believe what everyone else is saying. I get angry at injustice. I stop looking at the bigger picture God wants me to see for everyone and start focusing on me again. I loose patience and cry out " WHY?" I can get to the point of anxiety until I'm even fearful of doing what is asked of me. To reach out or trust or forgive. I just withdraw. I finally wear myself out in the struggle and just rest. Then I'm renewed, but so much time is wasted.

I repent of not trusting God. Trust is hard for me. I don't trust men and I fail to trust God. That can be a frightening place. I close my heart. It's a terrible thing when I close my heart to protect myself and I repent of that. I'm better, but I ask to be strengthened and to place all my hope and trust in God in every situation. To not judge what I see in situations and in others and to wait in more peace. To remain in fellowship with believers and to develp relationships. I can even be in attendance, helping and looking like I'm doing alright, yet be alone and at the same time long for relationships.

That was a really hard question.

• 6 months later...
Q6. What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life? In what area do you need to repent?

I need to love more. I need to be more tolerant of others. I repent right now and ask for prayer that God help me in these areas. I have problems with some people who irritate me badly. I try to love them and I try to be good but sometimes just the sight of them irritates me. I know that I need God to help me to overcome this thorn in my flesh. Some people I can love openly and freely, some it is a real chore. God Help me!

• 5 months later...

What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life? In what area do you need to repent?

The act of Christian unity that I can think of immediately is believing and accepting my brothers and sisters of other demoninations without being judgmental. This also is the are that I should repent.

• 4 months later...

Q6. What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life? In what area do you need to repent?

Saturday the 22 December, my Church -- Grace Community Church of Live Oak, Florida -- joined with Christian Missions in Action to conduct a free community Christmas Service and dinner. Christian Missions in Action is made up of Christians from different dominations and races who desire to carry out the Great Commission united as one body in Jesus Christ.

We work together throughout the year in ministering to the community for Jesus Christ in word and deed. Praise God!!

• 5 months later...

I really need to work on my patience. I know and have seen God move in my life yet I am so impatient because prayer response has taken 10 years in some cases. I do trust that God has my good in mind when He plans for me, yet I see the physical world in action and get impatient in His response.

I truly have to repent of thinking I have more to do with my life circumstances than God. I think sometimes that if had done that or said that or went there things would be different. Never mind what God is doing or preparing me for, I take too much credit for failures and I seem to not know how to respond to His blessings.

• 11 months later...

I will attempt to find a church home within the next two weeks. It is very difficult. I ask God to forgive my fear and apathy and will seek to reconcil with family members.

I am really burdened for a fellow Christian who has lost her job; has no money; has diabetes and cannot afford to go to the doctor or buy her meds; I feel

we must help her or deny the Lord Jesus. I am reminded of the story of the Samaritan....She went to the emer room and they gave her an insulin shot

and told her she is about to lose her sight/kidneys. She is totally helpless; says she is a believer; her church is only a few people; they have done all

they can or will do for her. Not critizing them mind you, I think the Lord is calling me to do all I can. I continue to pray for her. It is 95 degrees today in

this part of Georgia; I have an air conditioned room to 'recover' in; she has no air at all. Lord help her....

Betty

I will attempt to find a church home within the next two weeks. It is very difficult. I ask God to forgive my fear and apathy and will seek to reconcil with family members.

Dear One, I am so encouraged to hear what you are saying....I pray that God will guide you and give you His peace. Love in Christ, Betty

• 1 year later...

6a)Pray for more humility & wisdom only God can give and seeks understanding. B) 6b) Needing to have more love & humility for others in church, with different experiences/views. I must remind myself often that the things I do every day and even the strength to do them and the ability to do anything comes from the Lord and His protection and His love. I am a follower constantly learning. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so thankful for this study!

This week I have become very discouraged over the way people treat each other in our churches. I started grumbling to myself, went into retreat and hid out. I told myself it was to "seek God" in what I should do and in part I did, but the truth was, I was hurt, inpatient, intolerant of others and it was easier to leave than to forgive, try to understand and love. Today I resolve to go again and try to be more accepting of all our short comings and failures and to REALLY make every effort to maintain our unity. I can go again in more humbleness and love and I'm looking forward to all God's gonna do with us!

THANKS!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Q6.

What act of Christian unity could you practice over the next two weeks that would help you live out this truth in your life?

Talk to others about God. Be willing to listen, not just talk. People, including me, are hurting. Both physically and emotionally. It is hard to listen with not only our ears, but with our hearts. To hear what they are not saying aloud, but are crying about inside. God help me to be more understanding and less hurried. More loving, less critical.

In what area do you need to repent?

Unrighteous attitudes. Impatience, intolerance, judmental. God convicts me of my weaknesses, and I pray that He will help me overcome them.

• 2 months later...

I have tried not to judge other Christians because I have belonged to what some called a cult and I learned more while I was in it than I ever did when I went to a big church. We were always in the bible but we used the bible to confirm what we believed and not to use the bible to guide us. Once we learned to use the bible to guide us and not just confirm our belief we learned a great deal about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I can understand what others are going through.

• 3 years later...

I need to extend more move to others in my congregation to make me feel more Christian. I have been struggling with certain people who I feel are not working for the best of the faith of God. I find that I am very critical of their lax behavior and their views on money to be very angering. I really need to work on my acceptance of them as people and to go from there

• 2 months later...

The church constantly needs renewal and revival to keep it from being so tradition-bound that it becomes numb to the Holy Spirit. But make no mistake -- it is the Lord reviving and renewing his own body.(notes) It would seem then that we need to renew and revive the Holy Spirit in the body of the church. This can be done by prayer vigils for unity. It can come about by working diligently with other denominations. It can be done by workshops on the Holy Spirit that inform our members of the power of the Spirit.

I need to repent in all areas for I am a sinner who is ashamed of my past and can only live with my shortcomings by listening to the Holy Spirit tell me that I am forgiven,

• 5 years later...

An act of Christian unity could i practice over the next two weeks is patience .As the scripture says we must be patient but  i do have patient but not most of the time i think this is the area that i should asked God to help me to deal with it.

In what area do i need to repent.

Listening to the Holy Spirt.Sometimes the Holy Spirit speaks but i do not listen and do what the Holy tell me to do.