JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible to have a pure heart?

Yes, but it is not by cleaning up the heart we were born with. That heart is terrible wicked and does what is evil. We have a new heart when we become a Christian. It is not a changed life but an exchanged life. Exchanging the sinful life of the family of Adam, for the holy sinless life in the family of Christ.

How does God bring about a pure heart?

When we ask Christ to become a member of the Kingdom of God. Then we receive our heart transplant.

What is our part in this?

Ask and Repent.

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart?

Only through the washing in the blood of Jesus can our sins be forgiven and yes we can have a pure heart washed clean in the blood of the Lamb the Son of the Living God.

When we pray the sinners prayer asking forgiveness God changes our hearts. They are clean and pure. Thank you Jesus. :D

Our part in this is to maintain this heart pure and undefiled before the Lord. He washed us clean when we ask him to forgive us and now we live our lives to please him. We make sure we do not go back into the sin he has forgiven us for. We become filled with joy and we do the bidding of the Lord Jesus and go forth into all the world and preach the gospel and live the word not just read it. Thank you Jesus for Calvary and all you gave so we can be free to serve you and be healed by the stripes you took for us. You are all we need. Praise your Holy name forever.

Creat in me a clean heart, Oh God and renew a right Spirit. Why because the heart is evil but when we acknowledge Jesus as our LORD, we become a new creation and our heart of stone is turned into a heart of flesh. We put on the new creation and the old goes away.

To ask Jesus to be LORD of our lives - - not just in words but with a willingness to turn around. Weacknowledge our need, our sin and the fact that only the power of God can turn us around. The we continue to follow our Rabbi - Yeshua on this walk each day of our earthly lives.

Is it possible to have a pure heart? In the spiritual sense, we already have one. In the natural sense, we try. Every believer has been given a new divinely pure spiritual heart, but the ongoing battle between the spirit and the flesh keeps us from completely following the character of that heart. So in practical terms of this earthly life, I don

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart? How does God bring about a pure heart? What is our part in this?

It is possible to have pure heart provided we walk in His ways and submit to His will. Why not ? God questions us. When I have sent my only son for your sin's sake, why not become pure through His blood. Yes, its perfectly possible to maintain a healthy relationship and keep our hearts and minds always pure. For when Satan tempts us and makes us fall, we should go back to the bosom of our Father and immediately cleanse the slate and erase the virus before it has a chance to spread.

God brings about a pure heart in us by controlling our inner man. The inner being is the sole dictator of terms. Once that is in the hands of God, then our lives will be pure and without any blemish. That inner purity is achieved by feasting on the Word of God and being in communion with him constantly. Our part in this process is to submit to His authority. Let no self will guide us. It is best to hand over the charge to an authority who can rightly take care of things.

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart? How does God bring about a pure heart? What is our part in this?

Only when we turn to God in repentance for our sins. Even if we are soul-blackened by our sins, He can and will purify us if we truly repent and turn back to Him. that means more than just lip-service. We have to be sincere in our repentance, not just sorry we got caught! But, He can and will make us pure in heart!

Our part is to accept that we have sinned and are repugnant in God's sight. We cannot change that. Only God can make us pure. We must come to Him, truly repent, and place ourselves before His mercy. He in His goodness and love will respond to forgive us (only because of the substitutionary death of Jesus on the cross), and we can start over pure. :rolleyes:

This doesn't mean that all consequences of our sin are gone. We often must face those consequences, just as David did in the death of his son by Bathsheba, but the eternal consequences of separation from God and eternity in hell is removed from us! :wub:

Q3 Is it possible to have a pure heart?

Only by allowing God full access to your heart. Don't think you can hide part of yourself from Him. Everything earthly must be put in the background and God is to have Priority.

God searches your heart and mind, to see who you really are, and what your intentions are. If He is satisfied that you are indeed what you say that you are, you will be forgiven. Hence, a clean, pure, heart.

Truthfulness, faith in Jesus Christ, allowing the Holy Spirit to work in us.

If it wasn't possible to have a pure heart then Jesus died for nothing. Throughout the bible God, in His anger, delivered His people into slavery, withheld the rain, sent locust, and flooded the world, only because of the evil that is in mans heart.

He did all this not for punishment but to bring us back to a loving relationship with Him. Here is what the LORD said through Jeremiah, "Is not Israel still my son, my darling child?" asks the LORD. "I had to punish him, but I still love him. I long for him and surely will have mercy on him. 21 "Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Mark well the path by which you came. Come back again, my virgin Israel; return to your cities here. 22 How long will you wander, my wayward daughter? For the LORD will cause something new and different to happen

1&2. Yes. As was posted before when we accept the sacrafice that Jesus made for us and our need for it, the blood of Jesus cleans us and we start to grow a new pure heart.

3. this answer will come later today

Jesus said: "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God"

It is, I believe, from the Lord's perspective that a pure heart is recognized..we long for love and purity..perhaps it is like a longing for humility...just when we think we have it, we've lost it..perhaps we should live our life, honest before God, that others may see our good works, and glorify our Father who is in

heaven.Yet, no matter how others see us, our Lord knows, and that's what matters, and He will give us the desires of our heart.

ed

Oh yes it is possible to have a pure heart. When I humbly confess my sins and turn away from them, I am washed by the Blood of the Lamb. I am reminded of this through the symbol of the Eucharist. Every time I partake, having first gone through the confession, I drink and I remember that by the Blood Jesus shed on the Cross my sins are forgiven and by the Stripes Jesus endured I am healed. Halleluia!

Lesson 4 Q 3

Yes!

By the blood of Christ that was shed for us. Jesus died for our sins and He desires to forgive us, no matter what we have done.

To pray a prayer for a pure heart and a willing spirit. A spirit that longs to serve God, and a heart that is inclined to Him. This is our part.

Is it possible to have a pure heart? How does God bring about a pure heart? What is our part in this?

I believe it is possible to have a pure heart and still make mistakes. God brings about a pure heart by His fellowship and contact with us and by His word being available to us, also by the shed blood of Christ Jesus. Our part is to seek to please Him in all possible ways and to repent when sin is revealed to us. ^_^

Awhile back I thought it would be a lot easier if God would reach out and spank me when i messed up. Learning would sure be a lot easier. But that wouldn't develop a pure heart.

David had that pure heart. David wasn't sorrowful or seeking pardon because he got caught or was going to be punished. David was sorrowfull because of what he did to God.

At one time I did a lot of horse training, from the ground up. No matter how well, with gentlehands, i did my job or how easy the horse learned there was one catch. It didn't happen out of love. Everything the horse learned to do, even at the lightest cue, the response came because something uncomfortable would happen if it didn't. The horse couldn't have the pure heart because he learned out of punishment and reward not a sense of right and wrong. Thank God we are not animals.

Praise God that he allows us to develop a pure heart. We can learn to be more like Jesus and do things out of love.

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart? It is possible to have a pure heart.

How does God bring about a pure heart? God is holy; and pure and therefore we are live and be obedient to his will and purpose in our lives.

What is our part in this? We have to be totally reliant in the holy spirit; as our own ways are sinful because we were born into a sinful world. Our obedience and getting the holy spirit to get us to tyhe stage where God wants us to be. Only then we can have a pure hard.

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart?

YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE A PURE HEART, WE CAN BECOME CLEAN AGAIN . JESUS TAUGHT US "BLESSED ARE THE PURE IN HEART, FOR THEY WILL SEE GOD" (MATTHEW)

BY RESTORING THE JOY TO US THAT IS OUR BIRTHRIGHT AS A CHRISTIAN. JOY IS THE FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRITS WORKK IN YOUR LIFE.

OUR PART IS TO CALL OUT TO GOD IN REPENTENCE ACKNOWLEDGING OUR SINS ASKING FOR CLEANSING AND WE WILL RECEIVE THE JOY GOD WANTS FOR US.

yes- from the moment that you choose jesus (baptism)

he let's you start with a clean slate. that's why he sent us jesus, to make it possible. otherwise no one would be able to.

to try our hardest to follow in jesus' footsteps. and when we stumble to pray for forgiveness. also don't think that you can do it alone (no one can) pray to GOD for guidence. he's waiting to hear from you.

Yes, it is possible but we must be forgiven by God first and our relationship restored.

God sends The Holy Spirit to work in our lives to keep us reminded of what pleases God and what breaks His Heart.

Our part is listening to The Spirit and to follow His leading. Knowing what is sin and to stay away from it. Study scripture and know what our instructions are. Praise and Worship our Lord and Savior with all our hearts.