JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

With God all things are possible.

the closer we stay to Jesus, the more we lean on him, the more intune with his will we will become. we will be able to hear the Spirit's voice correcting us and will be able to instantly repent without question.

we have to stay close to Jesus, we have to be still to hear his voice, we have to be willing to obey in all things.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have a pure heart? How does God bring about a pure heart? What is our part in this?

Yes, it is possible to have a pure heart, this is also what God desires to us. God brings about a pure heart when He washed away our sins when we repent from our sins and let Jesus dwell in our hearts,

If we continuously live our lives away from the sin and let God direct our lives and live a holy life, we could say that we have pure hearts.

• 2 months later...

Yes it is possible to pure heart and it is God who creates pure heart in people .

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it is possible to have a pure heart and God does this by wiping away all of our sins, never to charge us again. For our part we must be truthful with ourselves and Yahweh meaning we must openly confess our sins, repent and mean it.

• 4 weeks later...

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart? How does God bring about a pure heart? What is our part in this?

Yes, you can have a pure heart If you ask God to give you one, He will forgive and help you to have a pure heart by faith in His word. God Loves you. There is nothing you can do, that you can not have forgiviness for..If you ask for it He is faithful to do it Praise The Lord!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart? How does God bring about a pure heart? What is our part in this?

Yes it is possible to have a pure heart, by stiving to live holy lives. When you become born again, you are a new creature and old things have passed away. We are told in Psalms 51:11, that "create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit in me". So this clearly tells us that if we ask God to cleanse us he will surely do that and we will have a pure heart. But this does not mean that we then sit back, because there is the devil out there who just comes to steal and kill, so the only way we can continue having a pure heart is by studying the word of God that will show us how to live. To meditate of it day and night so that we do not fall into the trap of the enemy.

Well my part here is to confess my sins every day. There are times we sin unknowingly, so we can ask the Holy Spirit to guide us.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart?

Yes, it is possible to have a pure heart, though alone in ourself we cannot make it pure. We need the power of God to give us a pure heart.

How does God bring about a pure heart?

He cleanses and makes it pure. When one accepts Christ as Savior, God creates in them a pure heart. He puts "truth" in the heart which "blots out," the old sinful nature.

What is our part in this?

We must be willing to accept the work of God in us and allow the Holy Spirit to be our Guide.

• 4 weeks later...

1). Yes, when we asked God to forgive our sins and take faith in His word, we can have a pure heart ready to serve Him.

2). To ask Jesus to be the Lord of our lives and willingly to serve him in spirit and in truth.

3). Dying to self and purity in God`s way by seek Him in prayer and prioritize to Him in all the ways that we do.

• 4 months later...

Yes it is possible to have a pure heart - The Bible speaks of it - so it is possible.

God brings about a pure heart by the cleansing of our hearts with the blood of Christ. With that said with all the religious jargon in the world - exactly how a pure heart comes about is a hard question. I know this - that if I have two dogs and I feed one dog the good dog food and give him plenty of water and excercize and attention and give him good treats, - and I give the other dog nothing and I neglect the second dog and just feed him when it is convenient - which is very seldom - the the firts dog will grow and be strong and the second dog will be weak and eventually die. IF I feed my heart the Word of God and spend time in His presence, and am honest before HIM confessing my sins and my faults, and repent, then I will be doing all that I can to bring about a pure heart. WE MUST DO OUR PART - however IT IS GOD that actually does the purifying.

My prayer almost daily is Create in me a clean heart oh God and renew a right spirit within me AMEN

• 3 months later...

Yes, it is possible to have a pure heart. God brings about a pure heart in us through forgiveness, the working of the Holy Spirit, and through His Word. All of these things bring about a pure heart. A changing of our inner person. Our part in this process is to respond to these three things.

• 4 months later...

I feel that it is possible to have a pure heart, I've meet people that only had good within them, I've meet people from the other end of the spectrum as well.

And God brings about that pure heart by bring to our knowledge our shortcominging, and allowing the Holy Spirt to convict us. I have never been as tormented as I was when I was living my life with a heart that was not mindful of the will of God. Now I am not saying that I have a pure heart, but I have a heart that is more aliegned with God's will than I have in the past.

I think our part in God purifying our heart is to be receptive to what God has for us, to let go of the things of the world and embrace those things which are Godly. I don't believe that God imposes His will on us, because He has given us free will. But if we have a true desire to change whatever it is that is not makeing us pure, than God can do a work in our lives.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to have a pure heart?

Nobody but God can create a pure heart. Pure hearts are not natural occurrences. Pure hearts are probably God's most wonderful creation. Salvation in the form of Jesus's shed blood. We must reconcile our selves to God for Him to work both on us and through us.

To quote Beth Moore author of David 90 Days With a Heart Like His, "David knew something about God that we need to realize as well. God did not create us in His image to be unaffected by Him. More than any other creatures we are products not of His head but of His heart."

If we confess our sin specifically as David did, then He will forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

The Lord sets all our sins before His face;even our secret sins aren't hidden from Him. He breaks our hearts and humbles us to confession and repentance in order to make us holy, to restore us and to present us faultless before His throne.

We must confess our sins, naming them one by one and and repent of each and every one even our secret sins in order to be restored.

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible,but only God can make it happen. We all wish and Iknow I pray David's pray everyday for a pure heart but the struggles of life and the sinfulness of those around us tent to constantly corrupt us so we need daily refreshing through prayer and a relationship with our God. God brings about a pure heart by filling us with His Spirit and cleaning our hearts from with in. Our part is constant prayer and a constant seeking of His will for our lives through His word. Keeping a constant watch on the things we say and do will help us to keep our hearts pure forwhat we put in will always come out.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to have a pure heart? When we ask God to cleanse our hearts and forgive us our sins by faith we can accept forgiveness and have a pure heart. In the beautitudes it is written, "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." As far as man is concerned on his own there is no way to have a pure heart. It is only through confession of our sins and asking God to cleanse us that we can have a pure heart.

God hears our prayers and is faithful to answer them. He cleanses us and makes us pure when we seek Him.

Our part is to confess our sins and ask forgiveness. By faith we can accept His forgiveness and restoration.

• 4 weeks later...

It is possible to have a pure heart when God cleanses us from our unrighteousness and our part is to confess our sins and turn away from them

We must ask and seek after it with an honest and sincere heart. We can have it, but we have to believe that God can and will give us this. Examine our hearts daily and see if there is anything in it that will separate us from God. Then, ask Him to remove whatever is not clean and pure, and believe that He will.

• 1 month later...

Q3. Is it possible to have a pure heart?

Yes, when we've been reborn and forgiven and cleansed....His blood washes and purifies us.

Through the righteousness of Jesus being imparted to me.

At salvation I was cleansed from all sin and unrighteousness through my repentance and confession of sin and trusting in the righteousness of Christ to save me and give me eternal life. Daily confession and repentance is the "foot washing" to maintain the pure heart He promises, for any sins of comission or omission I may commit.

Is it possible to have a pure heart? Yes, but... Man's innate sinful nature means that he is not born with a pure heart, only Jesus came into the world pure and sin-free. For any one of us to have a pure heart requires that we be born again in Jesus. God will give us a clean, pure heart only when we have truly confessed faith in the Trinity, and belief in the substitutionary sacrifice of the Son. Our part, then, is to have faith, and to work, through prayer, to have that faith increased to the point where we become born again.