JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Getting the Glow of God

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

• 1 month later...

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? By staying in His Presence by STAYING IN HIS WORD.

In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? In it resides the mind and ways of God. As we internalize His Word, we become more like Him in thought and in deed.

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? Absolutely.

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow? Continue to stay in His Word and encourage others to do the same.

We can get that "glow" by spending time with the Lord--the more the better. God reveals Himself in scripture, therefore, if we're immursed in scripture we can know more & more about Him. I believe a lot of Christians today look very much like those who are perishing in the world--taken up with the things of the world & not dedicating the time to God. I need to constantly be putting my priorities in order so I can spend special time with Him each day!!

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

2 Cor 3;18-And we all, with unveiled faces reflecting the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another, which is from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Answer:

1 Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

BE HIS DISCIPLE....BE A LEARNER,AND CONTINUE ON HIS WORD(John 8:31)...OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST...AND REST ON HIS COMPLETE WORK IN THE CROSS...

KNOW WHO WE ARE IN UNION WITH JESUS CHRIST..

JOHN 15:5-...WITHOUT JESUS WE ARE NOTHING...

2.In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord?

God will speak to us THROUGH HIS WORD...our circumstances might say,you have pain,you are sick..BUT HIS WORD SAYS...BY HIS STRIPES YE WERE HEALED(Isaiah 53:5)..So we believe HIM,for God cannot Lie..(Heb 6:18).

3.What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

Meditate on His Word,and Believe Him(JESUS) who He say I am...

The glow of God’s glory is developed in us as we spend personal intimate time with Him. His revelation of glory is revealed to us in the life and gospel of Christ, so studying and meditating on Scripture gives us clearer view of Him. Hebrews 1:3 tells us that Jesus Christ is “the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature”. 2 Corinthians 4:6 says God gives us knowledge of His glory “in the face of Jesus Christ”. So studying, getting to know, and being a sincere follower of Christ is our basis for beholding God.

Certainly the brilliance of Christianity has suffered immensely because the children of God do not spend proper time in communion with Him through His Word and through prayer. This intimacy is the source of the light of His glory that grows ever brighter and beams from within us to the world around us. More and more, I’m convicted of my need for increased meaningful time with Him in order to have/maintain that holy glow in my life.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

We can glow the same way Moses did...by spending time close to God in worship, prayer and fellowship..having an authentic relationship with Him. I've experienced hearing that I'm "radiant", while serving the Lord with great joy. That can only be His doing!

In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God?

Jesus IS the Word (John 1:1). We're told that the Word of God is a mirror we look into, which reflects Him to us and us to ourselves....He is revealed there as Almighty God, Ruler above all, and we see as we read and meditate on his Word that we are His beloved children, fallen yet now redeemed. His Word is alive and active, a two edged sword (one side cuts away that which is of the flesh, while the other brings healing and wholeness...holiness) His Word is most often His voice to us.

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

I think it is related to time spent...or rather time not spent. We're constantly "spun up" with media and electronic gadgets which were meant to help us make better use of our time, but which now consume our time...just the constant busyness of life. I think it has to do also with the casualness which has crept into the Church....Yes He's our friend, (He says so), but He's also Holy and Mighty and Awesome....the church has lost much of the reverence He is due, which has led to a casual attitude toward our Savior and Lord..."I'll catch Him later...got places to go, people to see..."

He has refreshed my desire too spend the first hours of the day before anyone else is up with Him in undistracted quietness. It is my favorite time of day. (this came after a  very dry time where I told Him I was not going to read the Bible until "You give me the desire to read it)  So even the time I spend with Him, is His desire working in and through me. How I praise and thank Him!

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle.

How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? Only by loving the Lord, serving Him, reading His word and communing with Him frequently.

In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? God is sharing Himself with us thru the Bible. No where else can we see Him so clearly. His glory, His caring and love.

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? Yes. We have too many distractions today. Jobs, tv, computers, books, clubs....the list is endless. We don't make as much time for our Bible and communion with God as we do for distractions in our lives.

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow? Listen for Him and to Him. Lay down my books and pick up my Bible more.

Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? When you spend time with God and stay in His presence for many hours, people will automatically detect different about you that is different from what they have.

In what way is meditating on scripture beholding God. The Word of God is the spoken Word of God given under the divine inspiration of the Holy Ghost, always meditate and pray for God to open up His Word to you and let it make a difference in your life, if you are truly sincere He will talk to you from the Word of God and make it real.

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow? The Holy Ghost has been leading me in my teaching the Word of God to put a lot more emphasis upon the prayer life of people an the need for more that a lay me down to sleep, I am talking about getting a hold of God and not letting go until you get an answer.

Maranantha;

Elder: Mike McCue

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord?

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

We can get a similar glow of the Spirit by spending more time with Jesus, and by having a right relationship with Him. For this to happen we must confess and forsake our sin. We will notice that the more we are occupied with the glory of the risen, ascended, exalted Lord Jesus Christ, the more we are being transformed into His image. This produces in us the ‘fruit’ of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It should be noted that it is the occupation with Christ that transforms us, not the occupation with self that only brings defeat, nor the occupation with others that only brings disappointment.

By meditating on Scripture our spiritual blindness is removed and we are able to behold the glory of God. As we behold the Lord of glory, study Him, contemplate Him, gaze on Him adoringly, the Spirit of the Lord works in our life the marvellous miracle of increasing conformity to Christ.

From personal experience, the less time I spend with the Lord the more I feel alienated from Him. The moment I start meditating and studying His Word and start spending more time in prayer do I grow spiritually and experience His complete peace. I feel I am a much better person than years ago. I have much more patience and a more gentle outlook on life. Since knowing the Lord I feel a changed person – I give Him all the glory and thank Him for His patience with me.

We get a similar glow the same way Moses did. By spending time in God's presence, in worshiping Him and by being immersed in His Word. We are transformed by the Word. Meditating on the Word is beholding God because "The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us." When we meditate on the Word, believing it's truths, then we can experience a spiritual transformation and we behold the true character of God and the truth of God. Ever hear you are what you eat? It seems cliche, but really the more you ingest the Word, the more you become like Him!

Yes, I do believe the low plane of Christianity today is from lack of being in the Word and in communion with God, though anyone can have head knowledge of the Word. But if people aren't transformed by the Holy Spirit to embrace the truths in it as a way of life, like true disciples, then I doubt they have BELIEVED the Word. Faith has to play a part. To be in communion with God is a matter of faith. We don't "see" Him....but oh He's there! Praise Him!

What is God leading me to do to increase my glow? He's been asking me to step out in faith more in areas I know I'm not capable of doing, but that I also know HE'S perfectly capable of using me in. To see something accomplished, knowing it was really HIM that did it, increases my glow. He also has challenged me to trust Him more in every circumstance and seeing the end results that HE brought about makes me glow. I can give testimony to how awesome He was and share that glow!

2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?

Each person has a spiritual aura; mine ha a long way to go before it can be seen by deep spriitual people, but I hope that God will take me on this path in my life time. More importantly, I pray that God will more deeply use me in Him plan as my walk grows deeper.

God put the glow on Moses, and thsi event is famous in the Bible, and God intended ti to be, as an example of what He can do when He has a reason to do something. If we are lucky to be thrilled by the Holy Spirit for moment in a day, we are blessed. But this is a long way from what happened to Moses. Still God can do anything, after all He created everything.

If we were called by God to lead people openly like He did with Moses, then He might choose to show Himself like He did with Moses. Its up to Him and His plan, not ours.

Any loving focus on God's cherished word brings us closer to Him, in that moment. Any focus on a TV show or any worldly thing brings us away from Him. We have the choice on how to spend our time; and He gives us a lot of hints what He prefers, i.e. to glorify Him as much as we humanly can! So let's DO IT!

When we spend time with God in reading his word we come to know our Lord better giving us this glow because when we meditate on the word we behold God. "as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in ever increasing splendor" II Corinthians 3: 18

I believe the low plane of Christianity is due to the lack of time we spend with the Lord. I believe the Lord is leading me to Serve more within in the Church.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

We can get a similar glow of Moses of the Spirit in our lives by spending time communing with God spending time in His word .

By meditating praying asking for deep understanding, surrendering all to God

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord?

Yes

John 8 v 31:So Jesus said to those Jews who believed in him, "If you live by what I say, you are truly my disciples. We need to continue in His word.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18)

Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives?

We can get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives by living the Word of God in our deeds and not only verbally.

Meditating on Scripture is beholding God in that meditation will make us understand more and more the Scripture and therefore change our way of living by abandoning sinful deeds.

Yes, I think it relates, but just as one of the contributing factors.

In order to increase my glow, God is leading me to accept Him as my Saviour and live according to His Word.

We can get a similar glow as Moses did by speding time with the Lord through meditation in His Word where he speaks to us. Another way is when we spend time talking to Him in prayers and worship.

When we meditate in God's word, He speaks yo us and it is similar to Him speaking to Moses then.

In these days, christians are too busy and do not spend enough time with the Lord. In order to increase our glow, we need to spend more quality time in meditaing in His word and in worship.

Scripture is so sweet to meditate on. When we meditate on it we are meditating on God. He is the Word.

So many people don't read the Bible and they don't know what they are missing and I believe it is related to the "low plane of Christianity in our day".

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

We can similar God glow by spending time with him. Meditation on God word is like talking to him the way that moses talk to him. Yes the low plane of christainity is because people want everything fast and they don't want to spend time with God. God is leading us to spend time with him.

We can get our "glow" by drawing close to God as much as possible during our waking moments. By praying, singing, reading our Bible, thinking on God, doing good for others, loving ourselves as Jesus would love us. By meditating on Scripture we put the very words of God into our hearts and they become part of us. God lives inside of us through His Word--His Scripture. The amount of "God Glow" is directly related to the amount of time we spend each day with Him! I increase my glow by daily Bible study, being a blessing and not a burden at work, and singing Christian songs in my car and at my computer as much as possible, and loving my family as much as I can!

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000003271 StartFragment:0000000502 EndFragment:0000003254

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? We as Christian, must spend time with God in prayer and in reading His word. And really spend time with HIM. Make a schedule for yourself and when to do this. And always praise the LORD always. Pray and think of God all the time.

In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Meditating on the word of GOD draws us much closer to the love of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. When we think about word and pray, we know that HE is there with us all the time even in hardtimes.

Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? It is related.

What is God leading you to do to increase your glow? I can come to the LORD just the way I am, but with an humble heart willing to forgive and forget. When we are on GOD's side, our glow would be visible to everyone including satan who will do all he can do corrupt us.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 3:18) Moses glowed by spending time with God on Mt. Sinai, in his tent of meeting, and in the Tabernacle. How can we get a similar glow of the Spirit in our lives? In what way is meditating on Scripture beholding God? Is the low plane of Christianity in our day related to the time we spend in communion with the Lord? What is God leading you to do to increase your glow?Moses PRAYED "FASTED"and drank no water for 80 days!!!Only by having a"DEEP"personal relationship with GOD could he have accomplished such a feat...If i fast for 24 hrs i am hurting(LOOOL)but that is how we can get a GLOW by having a DEEP personal relationship with GOD,JESUS will MEET us where ever we are...Gospel of John chapter 1 states that EVERYTHING was created through the WORD of GOD which is JESUS,by meditating on JESUS it is beholding to GOD...Yes because in this day and time everything must be done at microwave speed,we cant attain a DEEP personal relationship with GOD moving like this...I am being refined so that when i come out i will be as PURE GOLD!!!GOD BLESS

God called Moses because he was a man of faith, filled with the Spirit, following the Spirit's lead and obedient to God's laws.

Moses set a great example for us to follow, as did the Son of God, the Son came in obedience to the will of God and at His transfiguration His whole being glowed with the presence of God. If we want to glow with the Spirit, let our lives be that of holiness, for God's glory, His presence is that of holiness.

Our obedience to the Scriptures is how we can behold God in our lives.

I don't think it is so much the time spent, I have seen many people who never miss a church or bible study, but the glow of God's presence seems to be absent in their everyday lives.

God calls us to come up higher, to a higher plane of obedience; the cross's call on our lives is that of holiness, that is how we can spend quality time communing with God. We must hear the Spirits cry on our hearts "obedience is better than sacrifice. :huh:

We must pray, study, meditate on God's Spiritual Law in order to have a similar glow of the Spirit that Moses had. Meditating on Scripture helps us to write the Scripture and meaning of it in our hearts and minds because Scripture is God, the central theme of the Bible is Jesus and the Gospel. The less time we spend in communion with God the less we will become the image of Jesus. God is giving me more love for His Word and for giving and serving.

Moses had a really peculiar experience on Mt. Sinai. Today we do have that privilege of seeing God in the same form but we have His Word and we have direct access to Him through prayer. When we spend time with God; discovering the truth of His Word and we spend time in prayer, fasting and solitutde with God then we get that glow, similiar to that of Moses because whenever we enounter God our countenance changes. When God reveals Himself to us His glory is so bright, so magnificient that immediately we glow.

Scripture is God's Word. It is His message and instructions to us for Godly living. When we read God's Word we are reading His message. The accounts reveal to us the character of God and so when we read we behold God.

Yes I believe it is. We live in an age where everything is fast tracked and sometimes this flows over into our relationship with God. We buy these books with a one line devotional (devotion for busy moms, etc) and we use those in the place of spending quality time with God. We go to church on Sunday and get upset if the service goes beyond the usual hour. If we want to behold God's glory and be impacted by it in a meaningful way then we must spend quality time in communion with Him.

God is definitely leading me to spend more time in prayer and solitude.

THE GLORY THAT THE SPIRIT GIVES TOTHE BELIEVER IS MORE THAN WORDS CAN TELL. IT WILL LAST OUR LIFE TIME.

BY REALLY GETTING INTO HIS WORD AND LIVING BY IT DAILY. GODS WORD IS OUR ROAD MAP TO OUR JOURNEY ON THIS EARTH.WE CAN FEEL HIS SPIRIT AS WE READ HIS WORD. AS WE READ WE ASK FOR WISDOM TO DISCERN HIS MESSAGE TO US.

WE ARE TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT CHRIST. JUST TELLING OTHERS WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR YOU CAN BRING OTHERS TO CHRIST. WHAT A WONDERFUL SAVIOUR WE SERVE.

If we were to look holistically at Moses, at some of his attributes, his character, at his needs, there were weighing factor. I cannot list them all, however as he appeared before God he was hungry, he sought guidance/ wisdom; at times he was broken, he sought solace / comfort; at times when he made mistakes he repented; as the people made mistakes he interceded; Moses was open (unveiled before the Lord) , humble and he received what thus said the Lord. We can have the glow that God ordains by adhering to the Holy Spirit and not our own. Some of the attributes emitting from Moses we should emulate, by doing so we can have the glow that God ordains. Yes Moses spent time before God, the time in my opinion was not only of quantity but also of quality.

Behold - to see or observe, by meditating on the Scriptures we can see His character, we can see His Will, we can see His emotions, we can see His love. By meditating on the Scriptures we stand a greater chance of living as He desires us to live; we stand a greater chance of being obedient to Him; we stand a greater chance of loving Him the way He desires to be love. Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. As we meditate on the Scriptures we reflect upon Him and the ways are too many to count. Oh His love is EXTRAVAGANT!

Low plane - level surface, in my flesh I want to say yes, our behaviors and the results of our behaviors at times do not reflect that of Christ. Some understand activities and being in building (sanctuaries) as communion with the Lord. Some attend worship service three times or more a week, yet the glow of God's presence seems to be absent in their everyday lives. I am not the judge of anyone unfortunately the Lord will say on one day to some who professed of their doings, depart from me I do not know you. My sincerest apologies if I have offended anyone, however there are some who attend a church and their behavior outside of the church does not differ from the world. Some of those people identify themselves as Christians. Equally or perhaps worse a ministry that was promoting awareness and wellness reveals that foul misconduct occurs within countless churches. It is right and a good thing to promote the awareness and also the wellness however some within their mind condemn; some that were being drawn run, some within flee vise striving to hold accountable.

On the surface, in my flesh I want to say "Yes", some are too busy in the business of serving that they do not communion with the Lord. However in my spirit, hoping I am in agreement with the Spirit as I make the statement, No! My prayers are that I am not taking this verse out of content Matthew 22:14 " For many are called, but few are chosen. " The chosen are those who choose to accept. Those that receive / accept will chose to abide, if they should fall or stumble they will repent. Those whom abide by His grace will not chose to remain outside of communion with Him for He is the Source, the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Revelations 17:14 They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers."

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (KJV)

Perhaps to trust Him more and to pray more fervently! To obey more and not give in to flesh!