JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Seeking the Kingdom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Matthew 6:33) What does it mean in verse 33 to "seek first his Kingdom"? What does it mean to "seek first his righteousness"? How can we both seek the Kingdom and support our families? What is the promise found in verse 33?

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

As I thought about this question, I was looking at my study Bible and I would like to share these notes from that Bible. "To “seek first his kingdom and his righteousness” means to turn to God first for help, to fill your thoughts with his desires, to take his character for your pattern and to serve and obey him in everything. What is really important to you? People, objects, goals and other desires all compete for priority. Any of these can quickly bump God out of first place if you don’t actively choose to give him first place in every area of your life."

Jesus wants us to support our families, but He wants us to follow Him first and let Him lead the way.

The promise is that "all these things will be given to you".

Q2. (Matthew 6:33) What does it mean in verse 33 to "seek first his Kingdom"?

We live IN this world but we are not OF this world...we live in His Kingdom once we are born again. Every day we wake up In the world, but to seek His Kingdom means that I choose to seek each day how to walk here but how to live in Him. It's a matter of the heart and mind and priorities.

What does it mean to "seek first

Q2 Seeking God's Kingdom means to place God as our number one priority in our lives.

God must be the most important person in our whole being before ourselves, our

family and others. Thus knowing His will for us.

Seeking God's righteousness not only mean in religious observances but beyond

that. We need to daily hungering for Him until we have an intimate relationship

with Him and be immersed in Him also. Thus allowing God to transform us into His

image and likeness.

God is love and if God is in us, we will naturally tend to adopt His virtues and

apply it to our families and those we come into contact with. God is our provider.

He will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

(Phil.4:19) All we need to do is place our hope and trust in Him.

God is all faithful. If we seek and abide in Him and His righteousness, all things

will be given to us as promised in Matt. 7:9-11. "What man is there among you

when his son shall ask him for a loaf, will give him stone" or if he shall ask for

a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? If you then, being evil, know how to

give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly Father give

what is good to those who ask Him."

By seeking the kingdom of God Jesus meant that we seek to serve and worship God with all our hearts. It means that he is first and the center of lives.

Seekig his righteousnes means that our hearts are clean and we seek to know him, serve him and to have faith in him, It also means that faith in God and dependence on the power of the holy spirit to lead and guid us and to enable us live a rigteous life.