JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Ability to Carry Out

talent, faithfulness, focus, moral character, drive..

I think a very small percentage is raw talent. Rather, it is being aware of where God is leading & willingness to pursue (focus)on His will.

Time & desire don't totally match.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

." Q2. (Matthew 25:15, 21, 23) What are the factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something"? What percentage of this is raw talent, in your opinion? Why are some who succeed not necessarily the most talented? What factors are keeping you from carrying out what God has entrusted you to do?

The essence of the parable seems to lie in the servants' conception of responsibility. Each servant entrusted with the master's money was faithful up to a certain point. The servant who buried the master's money was irresponsible. One can bury seeds in the ground and expect them to become productive because they obey natural laws. Coins, however, do not obey natural laws. They obey economic laws and become productive in circulation. The master expected his servants to be productive in the use of his money. ? What factors are keeping you from carrying out what God has entrusted you to do? There don

Q2. (Matthew 25:15, 21, 23) What are the factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something"? What percentage of this is raw talent, in your opinion? Why are some who succeed not necessarily the most talented? What factors are keeping you from carrying out what God has entrusted you to do?

Answer:

1 What are the factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something"?

Obedience,Faith and Trust..I think these three are the Key Elements to carry out something

Q2. (Matthew 25:15, 21, 23) What are the factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something"?

Some of the factors that make up a person's ability to carry out something is knowledge, understanding, wisdom, diligence, discipline and definitely faithfulness.

What percentage of this is raw talent, in your opinion?

Can't put a number or percentage rate of someone's raw talent to accomplish a task. Some people are so gifted and talented that they can take on just about any task and make it their own....how much of that is talent - DON'T KNOW!

Why are some who succeed not necessarily the most talented?

Again some people are so disciplined and smart, that they know how to accomplish just about any task that is set before them

What factors are keeping you from carrying out what God has entrusted you to do?

I think the biggest factors for me is not really understanding what my true talents are, lack of resources, and though praying haven't really gotten any guidance from the Holy Spirit as to what direction to head in. With all this in mind, I believe it is best to continue to seek the face of God knowing that He is faithful to answer in His perfect timing.

The factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something" are 1]raw talent, 2]drive, 3]faithfulness, 4]moral character, and 5]willingness to focus time to the task.

In my opinion I'm not sure what percentage would be considered raw talent.

The reason why some succeed eventhough they aren't the most talented is because they have the drive and willingness to obtain their goal. Also many lack moral character and faithfulness so they use their talent for self gain as opposed to using it to give glory to God.

I think the factors that keep me from using my talents as I should are 1]getting distracted too easily or not focusing on the task, 2]keep putting off until a later time and 3]fear of stepping out into a new area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2a)The factors are based on a variety of things 1.Raw Talent 2.Drive 3Faithfulness 4 Moral character 5Willingness to focus time to the task etc A combination of God given gifts and our attitude, response to God cool.gif b)Minimal raw talent, because ability to do task is not dependant on raw talent alone E.g. If we are motivated in an area, we have more drive,passion and focus more efficiently on a task cool.gif C)I feel that a faithful willingness to focus on a task, and a drive to serve God will make up more than adequately for lack of talent in most areas. This enables some to succeed in a task where not so talented. smile.gif D)Fear,lack of trust, comparing self with others can all hold us back from pursuing things. huh.gif I need to not allow this to be a yoke of slavery, but repent and succeed for Him in his strength, guided & resourced by Him. If He things we can, we can with Him.biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Q2. (Matthew 25:15, 21, 23) What are the factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something"?

1.Raw talent

2.Drive

3.Faithfulness

4.Moral character

5.Willingness to focus time to the task

What percentage of this is raw talent, in your opinion?

I think 50%.

Why are some who succeed not necessarily the most talented?

Because success does not only depend on being talented; it also involves faithfulness, moral character, drive and willingenes to focus time on the task.

What factors are keeping you from carrying out what God has entrusted you to do?

Less drive; less courage.

• 1 month later...

Q2. (Matthew 25:15, 21, 23) What are the factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something"? What percentage of this is raw talent, in your opinion? Why are some who succeed not necessarily the most talented? What factors are keeping you from carrying out what God has entrusted you to do?

1) The factors that make up a person's "ability to carry out something" are raw talent, drive, faithfulness, moral character and willigness to focus time to the task.

2) I think that the percentage of raw talent is very small and each of us have a different amount. Either way, all of it comes from God.

3) Some who succeed are not necessarily the most talented because succeeding is not based on your talent but what you are willing to do with the talent you have. The most important thing is your faithfulness to use your talent.

4) The factors that are keeping me from carrying out what God has entrusted me to do is fear and lack of faithfulness.

• 1 year later...

I think the entire makeup of an individual affects the ability to carry out something. Things to consider would be innate talent, passion, initiative, integrity, perseverance, willingness to learn and to sacrifice, experiences in life, positive/negative outlook. In spiritual terms there would also be humility to obey.

From personal experience, I don’t think “success” is ever fully dependent on raw talent. Any raw ingredient/component has to be refined for the task. Raw talent is given when God decides how each individual is created, but it needs His direction, development, empowerment to be useful to His Kingdom. What God has taught me is that if I am merely willing to follow His lead, His will guide and amplify any talents I have to accomplish something through me and thus gain the credit/glory.

Sometimes people aren’t willing to give up self-desires or sacrifice time/energies. Or a sense of inadequacy or fear holds many people back, but it’s true that “God doesn’t call the equipped, He equips the called”. What I alone can contribute is my heart for Him/His task and my determination to obey.

• 7 months later...

In addition to the five items mentioned (raw talent, drive, faithfulness, moral, character, willingness to focus time to the task) there is also competence, skill, capability, adeptness, and a few others.  Thinking about my own talent, I guessing maybe 50% is raw talent.  Those who succeed and are not the most talented I believe the Holy Spirit is providing the means for that person to succeed because God promotes the least qualified people.

I would not say there are factors keeping me from doing what God wants me to do because He is preparing me for what He wants me to do.  If I step out ahead of Him not ready or prepared as He needs for me to be it could be disastrous; especially if He has told me “not yet”.  An example being someone who has been called to preach who steps out on his or her own instead of waiting for God. 

• 11 months later...

The factors that make up a person's ability to out something are; 1) Raw Talent, 2) Drive, 3) Faithfulness, 4) Moral character, 5) and Willingness to focus time to the task.  I feel God gives us all talents and gifts.  Some just do not unwrap them.  If on feels "called" they will strive to complete the call.  If God calls you to a vocation or job He will get you the tools you need and stand beside you.