JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Obedience and Deliverance

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obedience for the Israelite people was important the same way our obedience is important for deliverance from sin, flesh and the devil..... God knows what He's doing.

His ways are so much higher than ours and where we can't see the good of doing things His way, we learn that if He instructs us in something it is because He is trustworthy to know what is best for us. I remember when I was first saved, it seemed as though there were "restrictions" put on me and I rebelled in them and questioned them. But, I wanted something different in my heart of hearts and was very drawn to Jesus, so I slowly started to pay attention and to try to do things as the Bible instructed me. Over the years, I have seen God has always had EVERYTHING for my good in His heart and mind and those old ways were destroying me. HIS way restored me and healed me. Now, I look at things so differently. When I'm faced with doing something hard or sad or against my human nature, I can do it with more peace because I know that my Father has for my good in mind. He's very trustworthy and is for me.

Discipleship is a journey and I think obedience is very important, but I think relationship is the key. Just as with God, if we don't come into relationship, we have a hard time trusting in being obedient to what we are taught. But, at some point, we must be obedient to grow.

Does a person who says they receive Jesus, but doesn't obey Him have real faith? If they absolutely show no fruit, then I would say no, but we have to be careful because people can be growing and in relationship with God and it doesn't seem much on the outside....but it's there, going on....on the inside. To receive Jesus is like Him coming to us and saying "Come follow me" so we need to follow and embrace what He says. Just like the disciples, we need to be taught and we don't understand so much, but we still follow and learn and listen and are changed. We might get timid and hide out or even deny Christ at times, weeping in repentance after we do, but we really do grow into that flame sold out for Him when we grow in love for Him.

Q2. (Exodus 12:50) Why was obedience so important to the peoples deliverance? Why is obedience so important to our deliverance from "sin, the flesh, and the devil"? Is there any discipleship without obedience? Does a person who says he believes in Jesus but doesn't obey him have real faith?

Why was obedience so important to the peoples deliverance? Without obedience to what God had commanded through Moses and Aaron, the Israelites would have been caught up in the 10th plague as were the Egyptians.

Why is obedience so important to our deliverance from "sin, the flesh, and the devil"? If we do not obey God's word, we will easily tempted by our flesh to sin again and fall in to temptation again and again.

Is there any discipleship without obedience? No, I don't think so. How can anyone be a disciple of anyone without being obedient to their master or teacher? Obedience is a requirement to be a true disciple in Christ.

Does a person who says he believes in Jesus but doesn't obey him have real faith? I hope so because there are times when I fail, but as long as I continue to believe and obey his words, he will take us back to him in glory.

God requires His children to obey His instructions before He delivered them from the Egyptians. He requires us to obey Him by putting our faith on the Lord Jesus Christ as a pre- requiste for our deliverance salavation from sin/ devil or any situation.

Obedience is necessary in a teacher disciple relationship. As we put our faith on the Lord, obedience is the comfirmation of that faith- talk about faith and works which work togather or else the faith is dead.

Without obedience the people of Israel would not have been delivered from Egypt

Without obedience we as a people will not be delivered into the Kingdom of God

Without "followership" (obedience) there cannot be good leadership.

Those who believe but do not obey do not have "Real Faith" but will have questions as to their deliverance on Judgement Day. Those who have "real faith" will not be questioning their deliverance on Judgement Day.

Obedience was so important to the people's deliverance because God had a plan for their deliverance and His command had to be followed at all costs. Obedience is also very important for our deliverance from sin, the flesh, and the devil because that is what Jesus Christ died for, that whoever believes in him, all these would be freed from him - we have to obey to be delivered. There is no discipleship without obedience because a disciple is a follower, a learner, who is required to carry on what he learnt from his master. A person who says he believes in Jesus but don't obey Him does not have real faith. Jesus is the way to God. God is Jesus and His word is our way of life.

Q2. (Exodus 12:50) Why was obedience so important to the people's deliverance? Why is obedience so important to our deliverance from "sin, the flesh, and the devil"? Is there any discipleship without obedience? Does a person who says he believes in Jesus but don't obey him have real faith?

1.Why was obedience so important to the people's deliverance?

Obedience is an act of Faith,an act of believing in response to what was promised,by someone who deliver that promise..It is important to people's deliverance,because obedience pleases God.

Through Jesus obedience to the cross are we delivered from our sinfulness.Through Christ obedience we becaome righteous in the sight of God.

Hebrews 5:8-Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered

Romans 5:19-For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

2 Why is obedience so important to our deliverance from "sin, the flesh, and the devil"? Is there any discipleship without obedience?

Romans 6:16-Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

We response through our act of obedience or disobedience.if we obey and yeild to sin..it produce death..but if we obey Christ it produce life..

Romans 6:23-For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Without obedienceb there is no discipleship.You cannot be a disciple or a student/ learner without obeying the truth..You cannot continue learning the truth,the word of God without oedience.

John 8:31-32- 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word , then are yemy disciples indeed ; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free

3 Does a person who says he believes in Jesus but don't obey him have real faith?

NO!

Answer to Q.2: Obedience was so important to our deliverance for it has been said in the Psalm 50:23 - Those who offer praise as a sacrifice honor me, to the obedient I will show the salvation.

The Satan and their group used to be angels but for being rebellious, i.e. without obedience, they were driven out of the heaven and roaming around our exile land to lure and/or to tempt us to commit sins. Therefore, to be delivered from sins,the flesh and the devil - we should try our best to avoid from the cause of sins - that is, non-obedience, this is why the obedience is so fatal for the uprights to hold fast to the obedience.

I cannot see any disciple or discipleship is without the true and humble obedience.

I do not believe any one who confess his belief and faith does not hold to obedience.